AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-06-25, 21:34   Link #221
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Im starting to really dig the ending theme and animation. Its not very original but i like the character overlays of each character. Found myself actually singing along this time around. OP i dont think its going to grow on me at all i loved the OP to Dragon Destiny this one is just too BLAH
me too, ending has really grown on me.
__________________
Bonta Kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 03:26   Link #222
Urd
Airborne
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: portugal
Age: 30
Kan'u fighting Chou'un in the preview?
And it didn't seem like they were training, oh no..
Can't wait for next episode..
^^
Urd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 03:29   Link #223
Asrialys
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: California
Age: 27
Haha, what a cute pic on Ryomou's cell phone.
__________________
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 03:43   Link #224
Friday
Im shy too...
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Invercargill Southland, New Zealand
ep 3.......

saji......what are you up too????????
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 04:16   Link #225
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Im starting to really dig the ending theme and animation. Its not very original but i like the character overlays of each character. Found myself actually singing along this time around. OP i dont think its going to grow on me at all i loved the OP to Dragon Destiny this one is just too BLAH
I've loved the ED since I first saw it, so catchy and the images rock.

Last edited by Westlo; 2008-06-26 at 08:23.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 05:54   Link #226
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 34
Agh! Ryomou needs to train more or use her dragon eye if doesn't wana get beaten. But it seems she's more tougher now in taking blows.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 10:31   Link #227
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
Saji......what are you up too????????
The only person who knows what Saji is upto, is Saji himself.

Gotta love how they're using manga material for the flashback scenes in episode three. For a long time now i've wanted to see the final fight between Ryofu and Toutaku animated from the manga, so i'm hoping Great Guardians will carry on with the backflash manga material scenes, and we'll see it.

Speaking of the manga, i just love how they're basically carrying on Ryofu's story thanks to the flashback scene, and Mou-chan's lines to her at the end of the episode. It's gonna be interesting to see what they plan to do with Ryofu in this series, and also if they'll show us how she is still alive.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 14:54   Link #228
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Albany
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera
reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urd View Post
Kan'u fighting Chou'un in the preview?
And it didn't seem like they were training, oh no..
Can't wait for next episode..
^^
Given the way the situation looked in the preview, Kan-u gets pissed off for having her Ryuubi-moment messed up by Chou'un this time. Similar to how she gets pissed and attacks Hakufu for stealing her food in episode 1 and starting the fight there. XD
__________________
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
"Come on! I don't feel like losing!" - Johnny Ridden, The Crimson Lightning
"Hatred is the root of all war! That's common sense, boy!" - Anavel Gato, The Nightmare of Solomon
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 20:45   Link #229
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Has anyone else encountered problems with Chihiro's subbing? At times bits and pieces and conversations would not appear on the screen. The conversation with Ryofu and Mou-chan was missing huge chunks.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 21:21   Link #230
Zippicus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Detroit, MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Has anyone else encountered problems with Chihiro's subbing? At times bits and pieces and conversations would not appear on the screen. The conversation with Ryofu and Mou-chan was missing huge chunks.
There's a v2 floating around out there, I didn't bother to check but that stuff is probably all fixed up with that release.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 04:38   Link #231
Urd
Airborne
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: portugal
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Given the way the situation looked in the preview, Kan-u gets pissed off for having her Ryuubi-moment messed up by Chou'un this time. Similar to how she gets pissed and attacks Hakufu for stealing her food in episode 1 and starting the fight there. XD
I found it funny that it was Sun Quan that beheaded Guan Yu in ancient history..
=
Hakufu's sister killing Kan'u

Even thou Ryoumou was the general who defeated her in battle..

I don't think this series will do Kan'u much good..
Urd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 05:51   Link #232
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/


__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 12:23   Link #233
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Age: 34
Having become somewhat more open-minded over the last year, decided to actually LOOK at Ikkitousen Dragon Destiny and then Ikkitousen Great Guardians before bashing it with preconceptions...

Funnily enough, even as a Guan Yu worshipper, I'm no longer that offended by Kan-u (Guan Yu's reincarnation) being portrayed as a stripperific hottie who gets exposed all too often (hey, that applies to the rest of the female cast minus Chou-un).

Watching Kanokon and Maid Guy back to back can raise one's tolerance for nudity, I guess.

Funnily enough, what I did find even more offensive than the nudity is the following:

Kan-u being portrayed as a blushing, easily embarrassed and love-sick schoolgirl.

What defines Guan Yu and Kan-u (nudity be damned) is his/her dignity. They are both Warrior Gods; Dragons amonst mere men.

And here, the directors had the idiotic notion of making Kan-u "cute" by portraying her as a blushing tsundere who has fluffy pink fantasies of schoolgirl romances. This goes against EVERYTHING that the stoic pride of Guan Yu stands for.

Hopefully, this is an anime only occurence. Let's hope the manga lets her keep her dignity.
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 12:36   Link #234
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
Happily to inform you, the current season is an exclusive anime only. So, you can rest assured that your Guan Yu is still have his dignity.

Actually, some of us manga are still 50-50 on the current season. I'm givin the benefit of the doubt to this new series..
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 13:00   Link #235
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Happily to inform you, the current season is an exclusive anime only. So, you can rest assured that your Guan Yu is still have his dignity.
I was more referring to Kan-u as a depiction of Guan Yu than Guan Yu himself, actually. Not the Guan Yu I worship, but still one that is equal to defemation.

Not that I'd put a Jihad on the directors for doing such an insulting portrayal...

... or should I now?
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 13:19   Link #236
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
ctually, some of us manga are still 50-50 on the current season. I'm givin the benefit of the doubt to this new series..
I'm glad i'm not the only one, seriously.

I don't mind the Kanu we're seeing in Great Guardians, though at the end of the day it's not the Kanu i've known for many years now. I much rather see a Kanu who's hiding her secret affection, then seeing her day dream. It's cheap humor at the end of the day, and it works.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 18:31   Link #237
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post
Having become somewhat more open-minded over the last year, decided to actually LOOK at Ikkitousen Dragon Destiny and then Ikkitousen Great Guardians before bashing it with preconceptions...

Funnily enough, even as a Guan Yu worshipper, I'm no longer that offended by Kan-u (Guan Yu's reincarnation) being portrayed as a stripperific hottie who gets exposed all too often (hey, that applies to the rest of the female cast minus Chou-un).

Watching Kanokon and Maid Guy back to back can raise one's tolerance for nudity, I guess.

Funnily enough, what I did find even more offensive than the nudity is the following:

Kan-u being portrayed as a blushing, easily embarrassed and love-sick schoolgirl.

What defines Guan Yu and Kan-u (nudity be damned) is his/her dignity. They are both Warrior Gods; Dragons amonst mere men.

And here, the directors had the idiotic notion of making Kan-u "cute" by portraying her as a blushing tsundere who has fluffy pink fantasies of schoolgirl romances. This goes against EVERYTHING that the stoic pride of Guan Yu stands for.

Hopefully, this is an anime only occurence. Let's hope the manga lets her keep her dignity.
To put it simply, GG is a ecchi fighting anime only version of the manga, the first series was overly dramatic and to serious for its won good, DD is more fun and IMO the best balanced of the lot.

GG is just an ecchi show the fighting has become 2ndary.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 18:39   Link #238
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm glad i'm not the only one, seriously.

I don't mind the Kanu we're seeing in Great Guardians, though at the end of the day it's not the Kanu i've known for many years now. I much rather see a Kanu who's hiding her secret affection, then seeing her day dream. It's cheap humor at the end of the day, and it works.
yea I thought they would keep her secret under wraps, and only hint at it a little more than before, not practially bring her out of the closet

but in the end for me, if we get to see moar of Kan-swan and Mou-chwan its all good here
__________________
Bonta Kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 22:54   Link #239
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post


Nice image there!
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 08:35   Link #240
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Has anyone figured out who Hakafu's sister is suppose to be from history? From what i remember there were 3 siblings of Sun Clan. Hakafu is suppose to be Sun Ce so i guess that makes her Sun Quan. I cant see her being Sun Shang Xiang and as close as Ryoumou and Hakufu are its easy to tell shes Lu Meng.

Its funny everytime i play Dynasty Warriors I cant help but to imagine what the game would be like if the inserted the characters from Ikkitousen into LMAO.
__________________

Last edited by Sinestra; 2008-06-30 at 09:06.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ecchi

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.