AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-20, 04:38   Link #1501
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

As long as we don't turn it into a Clay-tard war, I suppose we are left to our own in this thread.

If anything, this Agatha PR stunt could make or break the 7 Ghosts in the eyes of humans. And I have a feeling that if they can get Rabona backing them, that persuading other villages/cities will be a heck of a lot easier.
Old 2008-03-20, 09:23   Link #1502
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
Hey what is this? An on topic question? Look no further!
On topic questions are overrated. The whole fun part to a new chapter is figuring out what the next new chapter will bring. To do that intelligently, you need to go back through all previous chapters and spot trends, details, etc. The new chapter threads inevitably have to be this way or I do not see much point in them.

Quote:
I know this question will probably get flooded out pretty soon, but I just thought of something and wanted to hear other people's opinions. Why does Rabona not allow Claymores into it? It is obvious that youma will do whatever they want, but what does the church have against claymores? They requested a secret mission and the soldiers still are on the look out for suspicious people even with the changing times. It seems almost like the church of Rabona has doctrinal teachings against the organization and claymores as they specifically know that claymores are half youma. Might they know more than that? Possibly some history there? That could be really really fun.
Well the church's teachings are against anything unnatural - and Claymores are definitely that. I doubt the Organization specifically is old enough to warrent it's own special section in the scriptures though. Probably people have been experimenting with youmas even before the organization was founded. I don't see the organization as being more than several hundred years old.

I suspect that the church's teaching on the subject are just parrallels of those restrictions found in many of our religions (e.g. Muslims not eating pork). To me, the unnatural being restriction in Rabona seems almost like an allegory of how gays are frowned upon in, for example, Christianity.

Desipte any worts the Claymore church may have though, one of the things that really turned me onto the series was that Rabona youma was not one of the priests. It was so refreshing. It seemed to me that until Claymore every single priest ever to appear in manga or anime was corrupt or evil (or at the very least perverted). Seeing normal priests practicing a religion - with it's inherant biases, imperfections and all - instead of actively working to destroy the world, was something I really enjoyed about Claymore.

Quote:
And as for the next chapter; suddenly Rabona has 10 Claymores and a dead Awakened Being in the middle of their town square. Father Vincent has been working to change people's opinion but it seems his work is going slowly and he is not finished yet. Might they not blame the Claymores for bringing Agatha to them? Things could get nasty even with Cid and Galk at the claymore's defense. Well, just an idea. If nothing else the Ghosts existence has just been revealed to many many humans. Rumors will most likely spread and the organization will find out if they do not know already.
Well, most of the citizens probably ran for it (or were evacuated) after Agatha started her attack. Thus the only one there for now will be the soldiers who seem to be commanded by Galk. I doubt Galk will be foolish enough to attack the ghosts or anything like that (especially since he knows Clare and knows that asking them to leave will probably be good enough). I don't think the ghosts, Clarice and Miata will stick around Rabona long enough to cause a problem. Sister Ratea though... we'll have to wait and see.

The big concern when it comes to the Rabona reaction will be what happens if Rabona finds out that Agatha was a Claymore. As for the organization, they probably already know about the ghosts - Audrey should have told them by now.
Old 2008-03-20, 10:35   Link #1503
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

It may not even have anything to do with a particular church doctrine as it is more common human psychology from which prejudices are formed, which prejudices a particular formal belief system simply codifies. There are groups of people in less-open societies who dislike foreigners in such a way that even naturalized people who are of foreign origins or half-breeds are treated with contempt or suspicion. In Rabona, we have profound differences in races between yoma and people. Yoma are truly fearsome creatures for Rabonians. It's not unnatural that the treatment that a largely homogenous society might give a foreign born national would be treatment that Rabonians would give human-yoma hybrids and that to a more serious degree. Actually, I would say it's to be expected.
Old 2008-03-20, 12:46   Link #1504
Enara
Riful #1 fan + Browncoat

there are 10 things I want to happen in the next chapter

1. Galatea and Clare talk

2. Maria and Galatea talk ( asuming they've met befor)

3. Clarice's face when she find's out clare was number 47

4. Cid doing some talking

5.Clarice going "huu..wha....I-...?"

6. Helen makes a snappy comment

8. Miata says some thing

9. helen laughs at clarice's hair

10. fab. 7 remembers Clarice.

I can live if at lest 4 of thoughs things happen

"I can kill you with my brain...And if all else fails then I'll add a Yuma Punch"
Old 2008-03-20, 13:05   Link #1505
myshka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
I started Claymore a long time ago, but had very few chapters of it. When the anime came out, I knew it'd be good, and it rekindled my desire to find the rest of the manga (which I did).
When the last few episodes were coming out, I finally caught up to Pieta in the manga. I somehow knew there was going to be a divergance by then, so I paused reading the manga before the final parts of the Rigaldo fight, and decided to watch the anime to the end first (because I suspected it would suck in comparison) and fix everything by reading the manga after. Plan worked like a charm.

I was like OMG later reading Pricilla count down the lights to 0... one of the freakiest manga moments I've ever had.

Spoiler for the anime ending if you want it:

Spoiler for Anime Ending (differences with manga):

Good grief - I never realized how much I hated that ending until writing that spoiler (I was cured by the manga so quickly, thank goodness).

Jealousy though is why I hate Raki - not the anime. I'm not afraid to admit it.
This doesnt mean that they cant do a sequel. In Tsubasa reservoir chronicle they changed the ending too, not drastically, but still. They just released the last part of the 3 part OVA. The first OVA part disregarded the alternate anime episodes as if they never happened and just picked up at the last manga-anime correlated episode They can do the same thing with Claymore, basically start up at the Rigardo battle
Old 2008-03-20, 13:07   Link #1506
Enara
Riful #1 fan + Browncoat

I would also like to point out that some people have been saying that clarice is not all this bright but I must stick up for her

Clarice is number 47 and to put it bluntly she sucks and there is no getting around that. The only reason she's still alive is that she not stupid. she's made to look that way but really what can you expect from someone who's only gone on one real AB hunt ( not counting quote countless end qoute. awakened beings she's "helped" Miata Kill)

when after Galatea she almost nail's Galatea being blind. Yes she said she thought she was faking blindness but she was close.

Clarice is not a Miria. Miria can look at thing's like this. " I can kick ass so how can I kill this thing I'm fighting because I wont go down with out a fight." now Clarice thinks a bit like this " How can I live to see another day" She look's at thing's from a what-can-I-do-to-stay-alive perspective. she want's to live that's all there is to it so yes when looking at it from her view here's this former number 2 AB now we have a former number 3 who we have to kill and to top that off there's a crazy kid who only has eye's for the former number 3.

O.k I'm done with my little rant plez. don't kill me Maria lovers

"I can kill you with my brain...And if all else fails then I'll add a Yuma Punch"
Old 2008-03-20, 14:54   Link #1507
Simley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enara View Post
Clarice is number 47 and to put it bluntly she sucks and there is no getting around that. The only reason she's still alive is that she not stupid. she's made to look that way but really what can you expect from someone who's only gone on one real AB hunt ( not counting quote countless end qoute. awakened beings she's "helped" Miata Kill)
We don't hate Clarice because she's #47...in fact, I can't say I hate Clarice all that much either. How do you hate the sheep? She's been brainwashed by the doctrine of the organization, and we *hope* after this Agatha situation, she breaks out of her cocoon of ignorance. I understand she's weak so all she wants to do is survive, but when you are directing a #4 with the potential power of a #1...you have to be smarter about it. IF she had decided to take down Agatha first, the ghosts may not have had to get involved, and Miata and Clarice would not be at death's door. Since she decided to blindly ignore the pain and suffering going on around her, instead choosing to follow through with her main orders, not adapting, she risked the lives of every single person in the city. That's mainly why I dislike her at the moment.
Old 2008-03-20, 15:02   Link #1508
Vulcannis

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
Its kind of funny.

# of posts in Chapter 78 Discussion - 1,480

And the Chapter 78 Discussion thread was only started 20 days ago.

I guess none of us can wait until 79 comes out.
What's not so funny is the number of double, triple, even quadruple posts in this thread. For crying out loud guys, learn to use the damn edit button already.
Old 2008-03-20, 15:16   Link #1509
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Quote:

8. Miata says some thing

I want all that to happen too.
Old 2008-03-20, 15:37   Link #1510
Sunater
Słnater Annčs

Send a message via MSN to Sunater
Quote:

8. Miata says some thing

1: I want Miata attacking Galatea even though she didn`t get any orders from Clarice...

2: And Galatea feeling a bit sorry for Miata (little troubled child" and at the end Miata doing some change`s... Realizing reality (Clarice not her mom!)

3: I want Galatea to join the ghosts...

4: (As Enara said) Helen laughing at Clarice and making funny comments about Clarice(like back then when Clare told her number to Miria team) lol funnyyy..

5: Cid & Clare talk... (maybe another kiss)

6: Galatea Miria talk....

7: More information about the ORG.

8: Clarice & Clare talk

9: Friendship love between - Clare - Galatea - Helen - Deneve & Miria (something like, them showing kindness and smiling a bit..)

10: Rivalry between Galatea & Miria & Clare
Old 2008-03-20, 15:41   Link #1511
hell88
Banned

I really want to know what Clarice and Miata are going to do. Its kind of a given that Galatea will join them, because if she doesn't she'll just be hunted down and beheaded, if she's with the ghosts they can protect her from that.
Old 2008-03-20, 16:03   Link #1512
Sunater
Słnater Annčs

If Galatea joins them, then they could defiantly take out Alicia, even Riful

Because with the Yoki sensing skills that Galatea - Clare and Tabitha have
They would reach level of perfection with yoki...

And the skills of Helen - Deneve - and Cynthia
plus a great leader like Miria

They would definitely be the strongest..

oh, i forgot, how can you forget the perfect backround stander Yuma

Just her face expretion is priceless!
Old 2008-03-20, 16:12   Link #1513
myshka

I dont think it's Clarice's fault entirely that she has the kind of "follow the orders" only mentality. The org has always tried to raise obidient soldiers and get rid of the ones who think too much. I mean look what they've done to Alicia and Beth!
Clarice seems to be too young and inexperienced to think for herself just yet, but I can see her turning around, she has a good heart underneath it all. She came back for Miata even though she was afraid of Miata herself and the situation was hopeless to boot.
I wonder what the org is going to do about the ghosts now? No way they will let this go unattended. I guess Alicia is the only one who can oppose the ghosts....
Old 2008-03-20, 16:34   Link #1514
Sunater
Słnater Annčs

No Alicia can`t take on them now.... They are too strong..

Only Galatea, Miria & Clare could take her down.. The ORG have to come up with somthing more..
Old 2008-03-20, 17:02   Link #1515
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

We still don't have an accurate measure of Abyssal power vs the Ghosts, let alone the Ghosts power against Alicia/Beth in their human forms, so it is not as easy as saying "Oh sure, they can beat an Abyssal now."

For all we know, Alicia and Beth could beat a majority of the ghosts bare-handed.
Old 2008-03-20, 17:06   Link #1516
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

@Cyclone: I probably should have put my part about being 'on topic' in italics so it would viewed as sarcastic like I meant it . Maybe used a silly emoticon. The mod NoSaninWa said that the monthly thread is the place to put anything we wanted although he then crossed it out as if he never said it . I think it is hilarious when people just start posting "off topic off topic" in this thread because there is no real off topic for this one. If people have something more interesting to talk about they can always post it. For me I like any post that is interesting no matter where it is and have definitely had some of my posts deleted for being violently off topic in other threads.
Spoiler for My sarcastic feelings about on topic:

Part of the reason I am curious about Rabona's religion and beliefs against anything unnatural is that Claymores seem like the only thing we have been introduced to in the series that would be banned. Youma would not care. So either it is explicitly a teaching that Claymores are evil or at least forbidden or it is saying that there are other "unnatural" things in this world that exist. There has to be some reason they decided to reject claymores. It is not like Claymores spend much time on vacation or anything. Do they have history with the claymores?

Most humans, except for those bandits, have a real fear of both Claymores and victims of Youma attacks. They throw the kids out like they did to Raki and Clare. So it makes sense that could just be a dogmatic version of human prejudice. Since Father Vincent is working to change things it would indicate that it is more policy than religious based though.

I also really liked that the Priests were actually good people in Claymore. I am so used to the anime version of priests which are usually just doing it to be cult leaders or to hide their perversions. Claymore rules as it catches me off guard so much. One thing I really really liked as well was Clare praying to the God or Rabona when Raki ran away because it was so moving for me to see Clare reaching out for any kind of hope in her desperate situation. Even when it came from a town that branded her as an abomination. I think Rabona had a definite impact on her, and she had an impact on Rabona as well.

I am really excited to see what happens in the next chapter. I am just hoping we do not get another Teresa moment. If Miata lops of Galatea's head and attacks the ghosts I will probably cry.

Last edited by chibamonster; 2008-03-20 at 17:58.
Old 2008-03-20, 18:04   Link #1517
hell88
Banned

Not only if Miata takes off Galatea's head but awakens as well.... well that would just be sad.
Old 2008-03-20, 19:39   Link #1518
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Part of the reason I am curious about Rabona's religion and beliefs against anything unnatural is that Claymores seem like the only thing we have been introduced to in the series that would be banned. Youma would not care. So either it is explicitly a teaching that Claymores are evil or at least forbidden or it is saying that there are other "unnatural" things in this world that exist. There has to be some reason they decided to reject claymores. It is not like Claymores spend much time on vacation or anything. Do they have history with the claymores?
Probably it's something simpler - like youma are basically demons. Religion is always against making pacts with demons - so I'm assuming they might frown on people becoming half demons (whatever their motives). Couple that with fear and differences, and I'm guessing that overly strict laws are a natural by-product.

Quote:
I am really excited to see what happens in the next chapter. I am just hoping we do not get another Teresa moment. If Miata lops of Galatea's head and attacks the ghosts I will probably cry.
Do not even joke about that! I'd rather Clare die than Galatea!
Old 2008-03-21, 11:06   Link #1519
tunjee01

I've been wondering about sumtin for awhile now but is it possible jean and her group where sent so as to help determine Riful's strength. If not why was alicia doing at that point trying to guage rifuls strength.
Old 2008-03-21, 11:41   Link #1520
myshka

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunjee01 View Post
I've been wondering about sumtin for awhile now but is it possible jean and her group where sent so as to help determine Riful's strength. If not why was alicia doing at that point trying to guage rifuls strength.
I was thinking about the same thing, but that seems like a very poor move for the organization. Alicia was not yet completed, nor have been battle tested, and here they are sending 4 claymores on a suicide mission. Rifful was already trying ot mibilize an army agains isley's 30 AB. So the org must have known the situation, so for them to send 4 to be slaughtered and another 24 as a bulwark against isely seems kinda illogical. Also why hasnt Isley or Riful taken any action against the organisation while they were weak? I hope at least some of this will be explained soon.
Closed Thread