AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 109 57.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 44 23.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 11.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 4.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.53%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.53%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.53%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-02, 16:19   Link #241
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
And 80 years ago is when some random space crew found a wrecked space station off of Jupiter and recovered the purple Haro.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 17:11   Link #242
Nuiihren

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Well the only ex-meister we know is Chall Acoustica. In an incident with Gundam Plutone which was Nadleeh's prototype her face was scared.

Caused her PTSD everytime Gundam Plutone was launched. (Fon Spark is a sadistic prick.)

She became the commander of the CB group Fershete.

But the fate of Felt's parents is unknown.

Probably material for 00P or second season.
But it was only her face, wasn't it? I mean, you can still work with that kind of injury. And Lockon... i feel pity for him.
I hope nothing bad will happen to him anymore, he was the one to build everyone up and now... : (
Nuiihren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 17:37   Link #243
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Is it wrong that I got insanely happy when Setsuna started totally annihilating the Union aces?

God that scene was awesome.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 18:06   Link #244
tabun
rawr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris
Am I the only one who is thinking this is the first gundam series where the action scenes are almost wasted time? I mean I'm so intrigued by the plot I want to see it developing and I don't care much about Gundams, Thrones, GN-Xs etc... yes their fights are nice to see of course, but it's some kind of eye-candy to a much more important and deeper background.
Indeed, I think so, too. I cannot wait until in the very end, when I can connect the dots (so to speak) of the whole plot and truly savor its diversity and depth. It is very intriguing, to say the least; it's like mixing Conan (not the sword toting one) with the normal mecha action that is Gundam. Allright, that may have been a lame example, but I hope at least I get my point accross
Old 2008-03-02, 18:18   Link #245
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
Is it wrong that I got insanely happy when Setsuna started totally annihilating the Union aces?

God that scene was awesome.
he was fighting two and only killed one. though i love his blade throwing though.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 18:18   Link #246
Narutaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabun View Post
Indeed, I think so, too. I cannot wait until in the very end, when I can connect the dots (so to speak) of the whole plot and truly savor its diversity and depth. It is very intriguing, to say the least; it's like mixing Conan (not the sword toting one) with the normal mecha action that is Gundam. Allright, that may have been a lame example, but I hope at least I get my point accross
I also like gundam 00 for this mystery element, although I fear that it has some potential to have disappointing conclusion. right now a lot of things is in the dark and we're intrigued by it, speculating and discussing any minor detail, but then when the truth is finally revealed, it will have a large amount of hype to overcome and if they did even just one stupid mistake, the whole perception of the series can change in 1 bad episode (this is the reason I stop watching Lost and probably Heroes too now because season 2 is a disappointment for me). I hope it never comes to that though. I really like this series so far
Narutaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 19:12   Link #247
JediNight
キズランダム

Saji filled the roles of "Joe Everyman" and comedy relief with Louise to offset some of the serious tension in episodes.

He represented the average person and how they saw things like CB, Gundams, terrorism, etc. And also a little bit of explaining the more difficult politics to younger viewers of the 4th wall.

As for him getting royally crapped on lately, I have no idea what he will do now. He's only a student, so it's doubtful he will come up with some breakthrough technology, or be asked to come on the team. And the Gundam00 military is far more realistic than previous shows, in that basically all of your pilots are 25+, so doubtful Saji will just be handed a GN-X ;p

Maybe he will choose to continue his sister's work on Aeolia and CB? But then again he doesn't really know how to be a reporter or investigate.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 19:12   Link #248
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Unhappy After i watched Episode 21, What the hell. i mean speechless

Spoiler for What the hell.:

anyway back to my post. thank god how the writers decided to make the beautiful storyline in every episode. unlike the IDOLM@STER XENOGLOSSIA, the storyline plot was quite short. Love to expect that Sir Alejandro Corner maybe is a mastermind behind the celestial being. WHAT JUST HAPPEN TO LOCKON STRATOS!!?? and then about Kinue Crossroad, She will be missed. This..... this can be happening...

*cries and salute music plays*

GUNDAM 00 IS OFFICIALLY BEAT IM@S XENOGLOSSY!! WAY TO GO SUNRISE!

NEXT WEEK IN EPISODE 22, SETSUNA VS ALI, FACE 2 FACE!!??

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2008-03-02 at 19:32. Reason: spoiler tag
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 19:13   Link #249
JediNight
キズランダム

They're not dead until you see the corpse ;p
Old 2008-03-02, 19:21   Link #250
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

not dead until you see them blasted into pieces and decapitated
Old 2008-03-02, 19:30   Link #251
Tendou88

Is that a spoiler? ...

Last edited by monir; 2008-03-02 at 21:06. Reason: quoted spoiler removed
Tendou88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 19:35   Link #252
Jeffry2009
Banned

Unhappy Why, Lockon, Why!?

To me It's hard to celebrate his Birthday, i mean i a few hours away. I should wish him 'Happy Birthday' to him later since Allehujah last wednesday to me.

Anyway. I got to say to him,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LOCKON.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2008-03-02 at 19:46. Reason: modified my post so people will understand my story.
Old 2008-03-02, 19:37   Link #253
Mangaka-chan
Lab Monkey

A pretty good episode over all for me. There was some character development, some plot development, and a nice fight thrown in too. The cliff hanger is killing me though. Not only do we not know Lockon's status (I really don't think he'll be dead but seriously injured seeing how there was blood floating in his cockpit and his helmet had shattered), but we can darn close to knowing more about Tieria's background. Someone fast forward the time to this saturday please! >_<
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 19:43   Link #254
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

you know, i thought that picture in the first two page of this thread with lockon not in the last frame of the credits was real. i normally skip the credits when i watch the show, but this time i watched through all of it to make sure he was still there.

my initial reaction when i first saw that screencap was, "you gotta be kidding me. they edited him out of the freaking ending?"
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 20:09   Link #255
tarachi
Observer

Here's my take on what may happen on Season 2. There's a probability that at the end of Season 1 that the current CB face "The meisters and crew (And the Thrones)" will dissappear.

So I see at the first part of season 2, we will see Saji investigating what is really behind CB and most likely (depends on how long the time skip will be) either be part of a group (government, or rebel group) or he volunteer for military (assuming that there'll be war since no more common enemies for the 3 groups).

Overall, Saji will be the focus of Season 2.
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 20:13   Link #256
JediNight
キズランダム

Lol @ the guy mentioning Xenglossia. It took you until this episode to put Gundam00 as a better show than Xenoglossia? It was already better than it at Ep1 ;p

Xenoglossia was just a shallow QUALITY cash cow. Name-grabbing Idolmaster even though the anime and game are nothing alike, and obviously just for fanservice. Strike Witches is the new Xenoglossia

I'm liking the pacing so far in Gundam00. This split season idea helps to prevent the middle of the series from dragging like tends to happen in earlier Gundam shows.
Old 2008-03-02, 20:16   Link #257
rpgman1

Does this mean the end of Celestial Being if it reaches episode 25? From the looks of this episode, the series seem to steer in that direction. Those rumors seem to make the series have a definite conclusion. I don't think Lockon will die, but he'll probably be likely wearing a mask like Char in Season 2 (not pulled a Mwu to become a Neo *lame*). Setsuna seems to be torn apart since he his beliefs about being Gundam and thinking about Marina. He is the youngest Meister and he'll definitely get the biggest change and the spotlight for the end of season one.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 20:23   Link #258
chitgoks

i hope they wont be dragging much of season 2 with all talk and no gundam action. i miss the mobile suit fights
chitgoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 20:31   Link #259
Jeffry2009
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Lol @ the guy mentioning Xenglossia. It took you until this episode to put Gundam00 as a better show than Xenoglossia? It was already better than it at Ep1 ;p

Xenoglossia was just a shallow QUALITY cash cow. Name-grabbing Idolmaster even though the anime and game are nothing alike, and obviously just for fanservice. Strike Witches is the new Xenoglossia
Strike Witches is from GONZO. Not Sunrise. Strike Witches is OVA released in January last year followed by XENOGLOSSY from Sunrise in April.
Old 2008-03-02, 20:58   Link #260
NeonZ

Quote:
Even though Gundam 00 is better than Idolmaster, the anime only was any good because it basically ignored the games. If it hadn't waited until episode 10 to develop its plot, it could have been good.
NeonZ is offline   Reply With Quote