AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 43 32.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 29.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 20.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 11.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.52%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 3.03%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-02, 10:54   Link #61
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Oh yeah! The hug!

Also, reverse bitch slap ftw! XD

I for one though am glad they didn't drag on Shin's mom's apology, and that they did it sooner rather than later. One episode (episode 8) is already more than enough, as other anime tends to drag these kind of situations. AND we still have to find out why she did it in the first place on top of the other stuff that's happening right now, so I'm glad they didn't waste more time on a relatively insignificant matter.

Miyokichi still is the best best friend one can have.

And I guess I'm the only one who liked the whole 'Ittekimasu' 'Okaeri' bit. Just goes to show that Hiromi is always ears for Shin... one of the little things as to why I prefer them together in comparison to say, his other childhood friend.

As for the 'preview', I'll do everything properly/perfectly? That's Shin to the core alright. My guess is that he's going to act like a 'perfect' boyfriend next eps, but Noe still sees right through the facade.

I still do wonder why Shin keeps switching between ofukuro and kaasan, where he's more formal when in front of his mom and yet reverts to more casual when talking about her to others. Maybe again it's due to his character.

I think someone mentioned why the two got suspended despite only being an accident... well, this is Japan where the status quo is to be maintained. I mean, this is the place where you're basically a delinquent in high school just because you're a slacker in studies, so the suspension is not something I'm suprised about.

As for the picture book, I knew there was more to it than it meets the eye. Question even now is 'what?', as unlike the another anime's 'play-within-the-play', it's far more metaphorical. As such, it's really just speculation like before as to what things of that storybook parallel which things in the anime. Only sure thing is that Raigomaru IS Shin, but then again that was one of the given from the very start. We're given more clues this eps, as they seem to imply that 'flying' is about following your feelings, but even that is not all too clear to me. What I do know though is that it's going to make sense in the end, so I guess all I can do is wait.

As for current standings, I really don't think it changed all that much. Story so far is still pointing towards a Hiromi ending, especially since Noe and Shin haven't broken up yet, but it's still not a 'sure thing' like most people has said. 70/30 in favour of Hiromi. Aiko? Like I've always said before, left in the dust.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-03-02, 11:38   Link #62
usagijen

While I was saddened by episode 9, it seems that Hiromi fans aren't all that happy either. They're still not scratching off the possibility of a Noe x Shin ending, though I am setting my expectations low to avoid disappointments and more heartbreak, and be even happier if that really comes true.

Finally finished my short post on True Tears 9, just a little of my thoughts, as a Noe x Shin shipper... True Tears 9 - So The Shin x Hiromi Fans Must Be Rejoicing Now... Are You?
Old 2008-03-02, 11:44   Link #63
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Lol it's funny...

Spoiler for Ep 9:

And let's not even bother about who's going to win Shin. The fact that they overcame one obstacle just means that the show will continue to fluctuate their relationship with ups and downs, but ultimately Shin's act with Noe can't keep forever. It's not even a matter of chance anymore.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
Old 2008-03-02, 12:17   Link #64
tejvenim

I fully support a Shin X Hiromi pairing. Despite this, I still do not have a sense of security that Shin is going to end up with Hiromi. Noe have this sad look on her face, which sends a strong message that she lose the love race, but there are 4 episodes left and there is still worries that the author can turn things upside down 180 degrees.

I'll wait until the episode where Hiromi is secured a win, then I'll give a 10/10 rating.

Noe has her brother Jun which is a wise and understanding guy to help her with her heartbreak, but Hiromi has no one to turn to. It's better for Noe to lose the love race than Hiromi. It will be really painful to see Hiromi suffering alone from heartbreak without anyone there to help her.
Old 2008-03-02, 12:21   Link #65
nanaman
Musician guy

This ep wasn't as good as I had hoped it to be. The slow pace and lack of any big drama and it's predictability didn't really leave me waiting for the next episode like True Tears has in practically every episode until now. I'm hoping this episode is just an exception from the rest, in preparation for a huge ass explosion of drama in the coming episodes.
Old 2008-03-02, 12:34   Link #66
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Man, what is WITH you people?

Do I have to type my feelings out with a child proof safety lock on?

Damn.

Shin is a real idiot if he doesn't patch up things with Noe, or if he breaks up with Noe, or if he gets together with ANYONE that isn't Noe.

I still don't care about anyone else in this show, including Shin.

IS that better Monir?

Christ.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2008-03-02, 12:51   Link #67
BigGimp77

lol take a breather man.... It's just a forum...

Anyways, if Shin x Hiromi has already won, then idk what they are going to do for 4 episodes. If Shin x Noe are truly over, I think it came to early in the series.

Waiting 4 episodes for a dramatic confession when we already know the outcome would be a little lame.
Old 2008-03-02, 13:00   Link #68
Master Chibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post
lol take a breather man.... It's just a forum...
Yeah, I know that, but I don't get why my previous post had to be deleted.

lol

Old 2008-03-02, 13:17   Link #69
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
IS that better Monir?
Marginally..., but I'm sure you can do better. See if you can word the reason behind your frustration toward the episode so a reader could at least have a chance to identify with you. At the moment you seem not to realize you are cursing the hell out of a fictional character whose decision making and choices are out of your control.
Old 2008-03-02, 13:20   Link #70
Khaos

Arrow

wow, this isn't /a/, so calm down.
if you project your own wishes so much into that series, than just imagine your own story with Noe and write it down as a fan fiction...but don't blurt our things that just go against the whole logic and structure of the story.
This board is about how the anime is not how you like it to be.

Anyway, I loved that episode, Miyokichi and Shin's Mom show their good sides, the path for Shin x Hiromi is finally open, overall very beautiful episode, especially with those artistically drawn images.
Old 2008-03-02, 13:23   Link #71
Master Chibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Marginally..., but I'm sure you can do better. See if you can word the reason behind your frustration toward the episode so a reader could at least have a chance to identify with you. At the moment you seem not to realize you are cursing the hell out of a fictional character whose decision making and choices are out of your control.
Man, I wish I had joined AS back when I actually used AS, like 2002, maybe then someone would actually know / understand how I go about in putting my thoughts to words.

I'm just going to make my way out of the thread as to not clutter it anymore, sorry.

Old 2008-03-02, 13:24   Link #72
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Honestly, what is up with all the 'shippers in this thread? There's all of like 5 people in this thread who aren't either yelling in pain because their favourite character's "chances" just went down, or tentatively jumping for joy because it looks like their favourite character will "win". Is that really what romance anime has become? Bleh.

As for the episode, all I can say is that it's continuing to do the things the show set out to do in the premise: untangle the mess of lies, relieve the heavy burdens hanging over the characters' heads, and allowing people to finally follow their true feelings unencumbered. All this 'shipping is so completely and absolutely irrelevant to the plot of the show that it's baffling that that's pretty much all people are talking about, whether in few words or many.

I've said before that I don't understand how people can treat romance anime like sports, but even if you do see it that way, you people are just poor sports. Here's to hoping we see more serious discussion and less "this show sucks because my favourite girl won't win!" nonsense. It just makes you look like a obsessive fanboy, and that's not a compliment. If this is someone's idea of "having fun", then... ...well, I just don't know what to say.
Old 2008-03-02, 13:36   Link #73
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Haha...sounds like a perfect match.

I see that shin's personality is a much closer match to hiromi than noe so they should be "happier" together. Those chickens can remain grounded whereas noe flies off into the sky

As much as I dislike how noe was just blown off like that seen as they could have had something special, I think it is for the best that she doesn't stay with a person who can't fly ^^
Actually, in this episode Noe tells Shin that he can fly, basically just not with her. The reason being that Noe now knows that Hiromi is the one that Shin liked all along, that's why Shin can't fly with Noe. The hug that Shin gave Hiromi at the beginning of the episode, the fight over Hiromi's reputation at school, then the picture book. All of those things registered in Noe's mind.

Remember how Noe in previous episodes wanted to understand Shin in order to help him with whatever was troubling him? Now she understands that Hiromi was always in Shin's thoughts. Shin does'nt understand why he can't fly, but the perceptive Noe sees the real problem. She says "Shinichiro, you can fly. You just don't know it. But that's right..the place where you fly is'nt here", then she runs away. The only question is will Noe push Shin to 'fly' with Hiromi? Will she put Shin's feelings for Hiromi before her own for him? The complication is that Noe the 'angel' herself has fallen for Shin.

Anyway, I think the show has been consistent from the start with the motivations of the main characters. I'll leave it at that.
Old 2008-03-02, 13:37   Link #74
Master Chibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I've said before that I don't understand how people can treat romance anime like sports, but even if you do see it that way, you people are just poor sports. Here's to hoping we see more serious discussion and less "this show sucks because my favourite girl won't win!" nonsense. It just makes you look like a obsessive fanboy, and that's not a compliment. If this is someone's idea of "having fun", then... ...well, I just don't know what to say.
I don't see how you can't treat 'romance anime' as sports the way shows just market it to you. I mean is there any real need to have three girls lusting over one guy? That's absurdly unrealistic and pushing for forced drama, but that doesn't matter because it's going to bring in more fans. People are going to attach themselves to the character whose personality / nuances they like, and that's going to keep them there until their character 'loses' or 'wins', plain and simple.

If you want a REAL 'romance anime' then you're going to go for something that's already got an established couple, or at the very least something with one guy and one girl that end up together. Hell, something like Love Roma is leaps and bounds above the likes of True Tears in being romantic.

That's why I'm getting mad at this point, because Noe is an honest and purely adorable girl with just a tiny streak of weird in her, but she really seems to love Shin for who he is, and she's interested in his hobbies, and even bettering his realtionship with the people around him. They're pushing her development so hard that I can't help but side with her. Aiko still reeks of a third wheel with a cliche I've seen countless times before, and Hiromi is seemingly still a docile, lifeless character who is continously walking around in circles trying to figure out what exactly is going on in her life. A girl like Noe comes along only once in your life, and it'd be a real shame to not see her really develop further. It's barely been HALF an episode with the two of them being a couple and she's already been shot down. That's sad.

Old 2008-03-02, 13:46   Link #75
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

the hug at the beginning between Shin and Hiromi should have warranted an automatic 10/10, but the complete disregard of Aiko drops it down to a 9.

looks like my original favorite pairing is going to win.
Old 2008-03-02, 13:49   Link #76
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
That's why I'm getting mad at this point, because Noe is an honest and purely adorable girl with just a tiny streak of weird in her, but she really seems to love Shin for who he is, and she's interested in his hobbies, and even bettering his realtionship with the people around him. They're pushing her development so hard that I can't help but side with her. Aiko still reeks of a third wheel with a cliche I've seen countless times before, and Hiromi is seemingly still a docile, lifeless character who is continously walking around in circles trying to figure out what exactly is going on in her life.
Agreed! Unfortunately the show has been striving for the Shin x Hiromi angle from episode 1. The other two girls have been thrown in the picture as a way of diversion, but the message didn't change. The show has been very predictable in that regard. I also believe that we can still enjoy further development in Noe's character without Shin in the picture. Noe is indeed a unique character that is rare in this genre.
Old 2008-03-02, 14:04   Link #77
Master Chibi

See I'm not even catching the logic here with that, because they've done nothing to support Shin and Hiromi outside of Shin just inexplicably being fond of her. You grew up with her, she went through hard times, that's great.

There's four episodes left and you haven't done ANYTHING with her.

Old 2008-03-02, 14:28   Link #78
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Quote:
That's why I'm getting mad at this point, because Noe is an honest and purely adorable girl with just a tiny streak of weird in her, but she really seems to love Shin for who he is, and she's interested in his hobbies, and even bettering his realtionship with the people around him. They're pushing her development so hard that I can't help but side with her. Aiko still reeks of a third wheel with a cliche I've seen countless times before, and Hiromi is seemingly still a docile, lifeless character who is continously walking around in circles trying to figure out what exactly is going on in her life. A girl like Noe comes along only once in your life, and it'd be a real shame to not see her really develop further. It's barely been HALF an episode with the two of them being a couple and she's already been shot down. That's sad.
Which is why, as I have said before, love is not a game where the best man/woman wins. While this is an eroge adaptation, it is not like an eroge where all you have to do is do all the right things and you will get your girl (or in Noe's case, her man).

Yes, Noe is cute and adorable, and weird; but as Raigomaru looks at the sky, and compares it to the ground, even if the sky seems like a better place, he might choose to stay on the ground, and why not? The world is full of people who dont make the "best" choices for themselves, but thats what makes humans humans. Can you imagine a society where everyone makes perfect logical choices with no regard for their irrational likes and dislikes? I make bad choices all the time. Im wasting time on AS when I should be studying. Why? Because I feel like it.

Daniel39 constantly brings up the point that Shin is happier when with Noe, and unhappy when with Hiromi, and thus the obvious choice whould be to go with Noe. While I agree that it is of course better to be happy with the person you like than to be sad, it is also worth to note that imho it is better to be unhappy with the person you like than to be happy with a person you dont like anyway. Imagine yourself in Shins shoes. A girl is cute, and helps me a lot, I enjoy my time with her, BUT I dont love her, and I dont know why either, whats there to not love? Another girl is cute too, we're awkward around each other, and I can barely stammer a few lines when im with her, she does stupid things and makes me worry about her, but I cant get her out of my head, I love her, and I dont know why either. The logical rational choice would be to try to stop loving the 2nd girl and try to start loving the first, but since when has love been rational? Is this scenario so wrong that you cannot accept it? Is it so far off from reality that you cannot believe it?

I am not Hiromi fanboying, though I must admit I like her more than the other girls. I am just trying to understand why is it so unbelievably wrong for Hiromi to end up with Shin.
Old 2008-03-02, 14:31   Link #79
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
See I'm not even catching the logic here with that, because they've done nothing to support Shin and Hiromi outside of Shin just inexplicably being fond of her. You grew up with her, she went through hard times, that's great.

What logic can explain why someone falls in love? Who can say what actions are needed to trigger that "spark"? As I've said before, there are two sorts of romance in anime: the sort that gets developed over time in the show, and the sort that was there all along, unconfessed and unrequited. If this were a show about the former, then romantic developments in the show would matter. But, when it's the latter, the only thing that needs to happen is that they need to confess and finally become a couple. That's it. In such circumstances, the plot is about the things that get in their way, because the default/ideal state would be for them to already be a couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tness View Post
Which is why, as I have said before, love is not a game where the best man/woman wins. While this is an eroge adaptation, it is not like an eroge where all you have to do is do all the right things and you will get your girl (or in Noe's case, her man).
(Point of order: True Tears is an original story, not based on the game (and the original bishoujo game in the franchise wasn't "ero" either). Other than that... you said what I wanted to say all the more eloquently. Good job! )
Old 2008-03-02, 14:32   Link #80
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Quote:

I dont think they need to explicitly show them doing stuff together to prove that Shin has strong feelings for Hiromi. I consider it good directing in fact if they can make us FEEL that Shin has strong feelings for Hiromi even without showing them do anything together.
Closed Thread