AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 43 32.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 29.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 20.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 11.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.52%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 3.03%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-02, 14:32   Link #81
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tness View Post
Which is why, as I have said before, love is not a game where the best man/woman wins. While this is an eroge adaptation, it is not like an eroge where all you have to do is do all the right things and you will get your girl (or in Noe's case, her man).
Actually, it isn't an eroge adoption It does share a name with an eroge (though the original has no 18+ material)(True Tears), but both the characters and plot are purely anime original. In short - the anime and the visual novel are completely unrelated.

Edit: drat, figures ... i make an appearance for once, only to find out that relentless has beaten me to it.
*sulks away*
Old 2008-03-02, 14:35   Link #82
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Point taken regarding my mistake .
Old 2008-03-02, 14:39   Link #83
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
Actually, in this episode Noe tells Shin that he can fly, basically just not with her. The reason being that Noe now knows that Hiromi is the one that Shin liked all along, that's why Shin can't fly with Noe. The hug that Shin gave Hiromi at the beginning of the episode, the fight over Hiromi's reputation at school, then the picture book. All of those things registered in Noe's mind.

Remember how Noe in previous episodes wanted to understand Shin in order to help him with whatever was troubling him? Now she understands that Hiromi was always in Shin's thoughts. Shin does'nt understand why he can't fly, but the perceptive Noe sees the real problem. She says "Shinichiro, you can fly. You just don't know it. But that's right..the place where you fly is'nt here", then she runs away. The only question is will Noe push Shin to 'fly' with Hiromi? Will she put Shin's feelings for Hiromi before her own for him? The complication is that Noe the 'angel' herself has fallen for Shin.

Anyway, I think the show has been consistent from the start with the motivations of the main characters. I'll leave it at that.
Ahh, I was "half joking" when saying that he can't fly, not in a literal sense in context with the story.

But it is true that he can't fly with noe at least...the person he needs is hiromi which noe correctly pointed out to him, now lets see if that message can get through his thick skull

But in comparison to noe I believe that they can't fly, not that she will be saying that in due course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Agreed! Unfortunately the show has been striving for the Shin x Hiromi angle from episode 1. The other two girls have been thrown in the picture as a way of diversion, but the message didn't change. The show has been very predictable in that regard. I also believe that we can still enjoy further development in Noe's character without Shin in the picture. Noe is indeed a unique character that is rare in this genre.
I don't think I ever had doubted that things will turn in this direction. Shin and hiromi are just made for each other but the other girls are there to help them develop. Too bad for noe that he can't see how great she is, but thinking about it another way, she is too good for him

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-03-02, 15:05   Link #84
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Honestly, what is up with all the 'shippers in this thread? There's all of like 5 people in this thread who aren't either yelling in pain because their favourite character's "chances" just went down, or tentatively jumping for joy because it looks like their favourite character will "win". Is that really what romance anime has become? Bleh.

I've said before that I don't understand how people can treat romance anime like sports, but even if you do see it that way, you people are just poor sports. Here's to hoping we see more serious discussion and less "this show sucks because my favourite girl won't win!" nonsense. It just makes you look like a obsessive fanboy, and that's not a compliment. If this is someone's idea of "having fun", then... ...well, I just don't know what to say.
You must have missed out on the Shuffle! threads.

I'm one of those people who hasn't decided about ships or whatever. I'm here to enjoy a story. I think a few people sort of personalize these things too much, and relate heavily or just rationalize in their minds how it's supposed to go. I learned rather quickly to do neither and just eat my popcorn.

As for the end being Hiromi x Shin, we still have 4 episodes to go. I believe that Noe and Ai have at least one more push before the show finishes up.
Old 2008-03-02, 15:05   Link #85
oompa loompa

as much as i would hate it, id really laugh if it theres an aiko ending. slap in the face with a fish and what not
Old 2008-03-02, 15:11   Link #86
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tness View Post

Daniel39 constantly brings up the point that Shin is happier when with Noe, and unhappy when with Hiromi, and thus the obvious choice whould be to go with Noe. While I agree that it is of course better to be happy with the person you like than to be sad, it is also worth to note that imho it is better to be unhappy with the person you like than to be happy with a person you dont like anyway. Imagine yourself in Shins shoes. A girl is cute, and helps me a lot, I enjoy my time with her, BUT I dont love her, and I dont know why either, whats there to not love? Another girl is cute too, we're awkward around each other, and I can barely stammer a few lines when im with her, she does stupid things and makes me worry about her, but I cant get her out of my head, I love her, and I dont know why either. The logical rational choice would be to try to stop loving the 2nd girl and try to start loving the first, but since when has love been rational? Is this scenario so wrong that you cannot accept it? Is it so far off from reality that you cannot believe it?

I am not Hiromi fanboying, though I must admit I like her more than the other girls. I am just trying to understand why is it so unbelievably wrong for Hiromi to end up with Shin.
To be honest, I agree with you. Especially since the only reason why they were unhappy around each other stems from a temporary situation caused by Shin's mother, which is now gone. I'm very sure that Shin and Hiromi got along just fine as friends before Shin's mother told her that lie a year ago and their relationship seems to be recovering rapidly prior to the next step.

In fact it was Hiromi who reached out to Shin in the scene near the end of the episode when he was about to walk away without greeting her. She talked to him as I would have expected her to have from before as friends. It showed her having a flashback to earlier in the day when Shin's mother came to tell her that what she told Hiromi before was a lie and then she took a step towards trying to be friendlier with Hiromi by talking about her music preferences. The scene ended with Hiromi saying "I'm such an idiot...Thank you for worrying about me". I think she meant more than just worrying about her earlier when she took off in the motorcycle. She was probably thanking him for worrying over her for the past year while she was having a tough time handling his mother's lie.

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-03-02 at 17:29.
Old 2008-03-02, 15:14   Link #87
Ifurita
Demon God

Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-02, 15:14   Link #88
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Man feel the heat in this thread.

I always try to keep calm by telling myself: "It's just TV"
Old 2008-03-02, 15:15   Link #89
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan poor View Post
You must have missed out on the Shuffle! threads.
Well, Shuffle is one of the few shows that actively encouraged this sort of behaviour, since "Which girl would you choose?" was part of the show's basic premise right from the very start (it was in the OP of the original game). The fanclubs and everything in the show, including the premise itself, were all designed around that premise. So, in Shuffle's case, it makes sense (though, of course, I found it excessive). True Tears, though, is not a harem anime. It's not based on a "which girl would you choose" story, and has never really pitched itself as a "pick your favourite!" sort of show. People just decided to do that on their own, like it's some sort of great obligation to pick your team whenever you walk into a romance show with multiple heroines. So I guess that's what I don't get. And, of course, "it just so happened" that people nearly universally seemed to "pick the wrong team", I guess.

Oh well... back to the topic at hand.
Old 2008-03-02, 15:19   Link #90
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
You guys....

Shin's going to end up with that pig-tailed girl that sits 2 seats away from him.

But seriously I'm not even sure why I started watching this show but I guess I'll see it to the end. Though at this point I'm not even sure where we are heading but I'm gaining a huge dislike to Hiromi and Noe.
I'm just skimming through the episodes now. At this rate I might not watch the end.
Old 2008-03-02, 15:38   Link #91
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer

Currently rewatching this episode w/ the later sub group's sub. It cleared up some things.

The part when Noe digs into the snow to look for Shin's rock writing of "I love Noe" looks like a metaphor, in a way. Hiromi always "loved" snow, until she moved into Shin's home. Hence, the snow burying Shin's confession to Noe could mean Hiromi's love for Shin is going to bury the Noe's relationship.

Btw, if this was a Korean Drama, then the surprise ending would be the death of Hiromi, leaving Shin'inchiro alone. Thank goodness this is not a K-Drama (at least I hope not).

Nobuse is just doing everything to make himself one of the greatest guys to have around.

That hug with Horimi was a very strong move by Shin. It showed his determination and care, and he didn't think about anything around him. Just his pure feelings, and it broke the wall that Hiromi had around her.

Thanks, Monir, for the explaination for the reason behind Noe insistently pressing on Shin's band-aided nose. I couldn't understand that part until you explained that it was a reflection of Noe's emotional pain. She is a very deep character.
Old 2008-03-02, 15:40   Link #92
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post

I still do wonder why Shin keeps switching between ofukuro and kaasan, where he's more formal when in front of his mom and yet reverts to more casual when talking about her to others. Maybe again it's due to his character.
ohukuro is slangish and distant way of calling your mother. He uses it when he want to be offensive to her but still not be offensive. Mother don't really want to be called ohukuro by their child and it is used mostly by males. Level of closeness by what a child call a parent, Mama, Haha-ue, Kaasan, Okaasan, Okasama, ohukuro, Omae, Temea!
Old 2008-03-02, 15:46   Link #93
Kushi

Ohhh looks like Shin might actually end up with Hiromi, was going to give up after watching episode 8, however I have new hope now!
Old 2008-03-02, 16:17   Link #94
feRfe

lolol it's def shinxhiromi ending

noe won't bother trying to stop shin knowing that his true feelings are for hiromi, she's that sort of character
Old 2008-03-02, 17:32   Link #95
greyhawk
Some dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth
Watched Episode 9.

Erm....it was pretty weird for a True Tears episode. Just like that, poof, Aiko just completely disappeared. Just like that, poof, the angst between Shinichiro and Hiromi just disappeared. Just like that, poof, Noe's carefree attitude just disappeared. Just like that, poof, everything that had been characterizing what True Tears was all about, just disappeared.

Right weird. I'm still trying to digest what I've just been given. 7/10, because all this episode managed to do was to leave me at a bit of a loss. 3 more episodes, what's left?
That's more or less what I think. Like, every question I've been asking is suddenly given the answer. Guess the only real issue to resolve now is how Shin can tell Jun/Noe to go away and stop bothering them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Lol at everyone about to throw in the towel because of a HiromixShin ending.
1. There are still 4 episodes to go, so Hiromi's chances definitely went down, not up. Way down.
Much as I hate to see Hiromi smirking in the end, I can't help but believe they really want Shin and that girl to end up together. But this is just episode 09, isn't it a little early to settle everything just like that? Wishfully thinking, I'd say True Tears will not end without some major plot twists happening, aye looks like I can get my hopes up that things will turn out for the unexpected. At least that's how I can keep watching it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
2. No one cares about Shin anyways. Like I said in another thread, Nobuse should have been the main character. As long as he and Aiko are in this show, I'll watch it to the end.
Male harem leaders are so never gonna be popular characters Yep, I prefer Nobuse, any guy like that is worthy of my respect.
EDIT: Well I was the one yelling things about Noe being a sophisticated character, but watching this ep really has great impact on my perspective on that girl. Gee, guess love isn't about fairness at all, Shin had chosen Hiromi from the start and just saw Noe as a part of the bargain. He did comment on how he had to choose her because there was no other alternative after all. Just you wait, Shin, somebody's gonna knock some sense into that stupid head of yours, be it Jun or me if he can't handle it. But well, "it's just TV", no point in getting all worked up is there?

Last edited by greyhawk; 2008-03-02 at 17:55.
Old 2008-03-02, 17:47   Link #96
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhawk View Post
Male harem leaders are so never gonna be popular characters Yep, I prefer Nobuse, any guy like that is worthy of my respect.
I wish he had the testicular fortitude that he showed up in episode 9 when he confessed to Aiko and had done it without Shin. Of course that would not have been the same drama we have now!
Old 2008-03-02, 18:16   Link #97
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

If I pull out a hair for everytime a girl I think deserved to win has lost the match, then I'd be bald right now even though I'm only in my 20's. XD

Seriously speaking now though, I used to be like that before. Shipping fervently for at least half a decade in a fandom about an immensely popular book has taught me a few things, and one of them would be that since a fictional character's actions is out of my control, no sense stressing myself out when they do make the 'wrong' choice. From American movies like Pretty in Pink, American dramas like Dawson's Creek, to classic anime like Ranma 1/2 to even recent ones like Reideen, I've got a whole history of shows where I thought the better girl (or man, depends on the show) has lost, but I learned to deal with it rather than pointlessly frustrating myself about an event I have absolutely no influence on the outcome. A less miserable way of living, if I do say so myself. Not to mention it looks incredibly stupid and lame in hindsight when I once posted 'the XXX series sucks monkey balls BECAUSE YYY guy didn't pick ZZZ girl' or something to that effect.

The best one can do is predict how a story would end, and in the romance genre that usually is done by making an educational guess as to which character the protagonists really loves, and NOT who you think the protagonist deserves to be with.

Now back on topic, 4 eps is still 'just as planned' for the HiromiXShin ending. Remember, HiromixJun and NoeXShin haven't officially broken up yet. As such, they're going to play on the current HiromiXJun and NoeXShin relationships, and they'll show how HiromiXShin strains the former 2. That'll take at least 2 episodes (since the preview doesn't suggest a breakup, but then again previews can't be trusted), with a breakup in the end of the 2nd episode or shortly therafter. That leaves an episodes worth of time of reconciliation. Of course, this is all speculation, as I'm just outlining a possible timeline for an HXS ending.

Aiko on the other hand would just be relegated to the side, with most of her screentime will be with Miyokichi. This would be the other half an episode's worth of time remaining, and other loose ends such as Jun and Noe, and Shin's and Hiromi's parents be covered in the other half, give or take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa
as much as i would hate it, id really laugh if it theres an aiko ending. slap in the face with a fish and what not
If there's one ending I cannot accept, it would be an Aiko one unless they change directions drastically in the last four. Been through the whole 'sucker punch' thing once before in another series, and it wasn't a laughing matter for me then, nor I don't think it will be one for me now. >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon
Btw, if this was a Korean Drama, then the surprise ending would be the death of Hiromi, leaving Shin'inchiro alone. Thank goodness this is not a K-Drama (at least I hope not).
God, that's the main reason I started avoiding K-dramas. Too much serious dramas in which I felt was ruined by a terminal disease or somesort in the very end. Either that, or the light-hearted ones that I saw have little depth in them other than the love square between the 4 main cast. While True tears isn't the latter, I too hope it isn't the former either.

@golthin
Ofukuro is actually more slang? Lol! From the dramas I have watched, ofukuro seemed to have been said more formally, but I guess they were 'acting' formally as a sort of sarcasm to be even more disrespectful. Just goes to show how little I know about Japanese (base word seems to be 'bag' from my dictionary, should've checked first); I really should take lessons again. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-03-02, 18:17   Link #98
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

This episode led me to look at things alittle differently than the last episode. I'm now back to not caring who Shin hooks up with anymore. I still think Hiromi is emo, but if she ends up with Shin, then that'll be fine (which she obviously will). However, I have a new respect for Noe. At first I just saw her as annoyingly cute and in a way childish. But if you get past that side of her, you see a very mature side. In fact, I now think she's the most mature out of all the adolescent characters. She always showed that side of her, but I was blinded by how she presented herself in the show and tended to ignore the signs.
Old 2008-03-02, 19:08   Link #99
kro

Send a message via AIM to kro
Ok, so let me get this straight.

Hiromi goes to Jun's house in the middle of the night to take her on a joy ride. He warns her that it's incredibly dangerous to ride in these conditions, but nevertheless, he dutifully yields to her request.

Jun swerves to avoid squashing a rabbit and crashes. After he makes sure that she's alright, they stare at the flaming wreckage that is his beloved bike. Hoping to garner a bit of sympathy or an apology from Hiromi, Jun makes a comment about how he needs to finish paying off the bike, get a part time job, and ride a bicycle to school everyday. Instead, she just warms her hands on the flames and mentions that they are beautiful.

Later on, Noe mentions that Jun got suspended for two weeks while Hiromi has multiple people defending her and apologizing to her.

It's true. Nice guys always finish last.
Old 2008-03-02, 19:31   Link #100
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kro View Post
Ok, so let me get this straight.

Hiromi goes to Jun's house in the middle of the night to take her on a joy ride. He warns her that it's incredibly dangerous to ride in these conditions, but nevertheless, he dutifully yields to her request.

Jun swerves to avoid squashing a rabbit and crashes. After he makes sure that she's alright, they stare at the flaming wreckage that is his beloved bike. Hoping to garner a bit of sympathy or an apology from Hiromi, Jun makes a comment about how he needs to finish paying off the bike, get a part time job, and ride a bicycle to school everyday. Instead, she just warms her hands on the flames and mentions that they are beautiful.

Later on, Noe mentions that Jun got suspended for two weeks while Hiromi has multiple people defending her and apologizing to her.

It's true. Nice guys always finish last.
Well, Jun knew he shouldn't, but he was the one that offered to hear to any request from Hiromi as long as she kept going out with him. In next episode Jun is going to use that card on her as the previews show.
Closed Thread