AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-10-09, 06:11   Link #20361
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Blue and Pink then, respectively.

Although a darker pink. Kyonko would murder you if you made her narration hot pink.
Isn't that a bit cliché?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... that's... not a doughnut...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 07:58   Link #20362
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Isn't that a bit cliché?
Possibly, but it's not the sort of cliche which breaks immersion. In the PSP remake of Persona 3, the female main character option has the colour scheme mostly in pink (just as the male main character option is mostly in light blue, as in the PS2 version). The change in colouring is surprisingly effective in changing the mood.

For this case, it's also fine to dial down the... damn, I don't know what the proper term is. The luma? The brightness/darkness of the colours, rather than what colour it is in the first place.
"That was actually quite thought-provoking. Does that violate the forum rules?"
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 08:42   Link #20363
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
It would be quite difficult for human technology to do this. It would take a lot of processing power in itself for something to act as the CPU for this kind of large processing cluster, especially when the components aren't uniform. Even if Yuuki could do it efficiently, a dialup connection is a bottleneck for data to pass through between the hundreds of computers. It'll be like trying to drink a lake through a straw.

I imagine Yuuki could do it, using a reality hacking virus thing like the cave cricket. He infects the local network of computers/Playstations and they are all changed/upgraded to process the data he needs effectively and covertly, so that the users don't realize their computers are trying to divide by zero. Using those small .jpgs that actually contains 436 TB haxx data, even a dialup is quick. He could even reality haxx a dialup line into broadband.
Though this isn't going to be something the player needs to know, here's how I envisioned the situation:

Yuuki is running on severely limited processing power, so his ability to realityhack is almost non-existent. He uses the computer that they stole to upload aspects of himself onto local computers, hijacking their processing power in a sort of zombie net/cloud computing effort to restore some semblance of normal processing for himself (though he's still well short of his normal capabilities, due to lag and inefficiency of human computers). This is where most of the first three hours goes.

Having sufficiently restored some of his power, he is then able to realityhack the dialup connection into something far more efficient, which allows the greater transmission of data necessary to perform cross-dimensional communication with the IDTE.
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 09:53   Link #20364
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binjovi View Post
The colors are only really necessary to determine which narrator is controlling the story, so we'd only need two colors. One for universe 1 and one for universe A. A plain, nondescript, black box with white letters would be suitable for interludes when there is no real narrator.

Also...
Spoiler for large images:
I agree.

About the images. While the art is pretty, I didn't reconized Yuuki. I think there is something odd with his eyes.

Quote:
Blue and Pink then, respectively.

Although a darker pink. Kyonko would murder you if you made her narration hot pink.
Ok, I will work on it. But, this include all dialoque boxes or only the narration? And how about the interludes? Standard black?
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 11:15   Link #20365
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Send a message via Skype™ to roankun
i dunno if this has been said before (considering this thread has a thousand something pages and i just cant find myself going through each and every one), but is it just me or does haruKI seem gay with headbands?

p.s. kyonko and itsuko are cute though. ^^
roankun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 11:25   Link #20366
Heatth

His is manly enough to this don't be a problem. Also, some fanartist like drawing him with a bandana or headphones(like Ryo Asakura, from Shaman King).

Anyway, you can be sure this kind of thing was already discussed. There is little point discussing it now, as the their basic image is already set more then a year ago.

Anyway, welcome. Both to this thread and to the forum. Please have fun and don't be scared by the madness that is this thread. Remember reading the FAQ.

Hope see you more here.

PS: I wouldn't call Itsuko "cute".
Old 2009-10-09, 12:31   Link #20367
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
His is manly enough to this don't be a problem. Also, some fanartist like drawing him with a bandana or headphones(like Ryo Asakura, from Shaman King).
Um... wrong Asakura. Ryo's the one from this project.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... that's... not a doughnut...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 12:51   Link #20368
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
Hmm... I haven't read Shaman King in a long time. Did it continue on the promise of the first few volumes?

Also, I will work on the edits sometime. Probably this weekend. Maybe. Depends on how much work I have to put into getting my data into SPSS.
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 13:36   Link #20369
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Long hair with glasses gets my vote.
Seconded. Yuuki looks the most recognizable in that one in my opinion, and it resulted in some of my forgotten fangirlyness awakening from its slumber. Which should be a good sign
Puffendahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 13:52   Link #20370
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Um... wrong Asakura. Ryo's the one from this project.
Uooops... danm similar names. Yoh, it was Yoh right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scify View Post
Hmm... I haven't read Shaman King in a long time. Did it continue on the promise of the first few volumes?
Actually, no. It become a crazy tournment, for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffendahl View Post
Seconded. Yuuki looks the most recognizable in that one in my opinion, and it resulted in some of my forgotten fangirlyness awakening from its slumber. Which should be a good sign
Hmmm, curious, I preffer the short hair. I don't even reconized him when I looked the first imgae. Just understood it was him when I looked the short haird version. I think the 'problem' is in the eye, tough.

But, well, opinions from a Yuuki fangirl should count more then mine. I could use my 'status' as a Yuki fanboy, however.

PP:
After discussing the matter with Danchou, I am pretty much convinced that what buged me in Yuuki is not really his eyes. But his general expression. Danchou said it was proposital, trying to make him look different from Yuki. I tought it was the eyes because it is what more show the expression in a face.

Last edited by Heatth; 2009-10-09 at 17:07.
Old 2009-10-09, 17:07   Link #20371
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Yuuki's the type to be misunderstood.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 19:06   Link #20372
Tensei
Epitome of Divinity

for a moment, i thought i was looking at a completely new character when i saw Yuuki's first image
Tensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 19:14   Link #20373
Heatth

See? Someone agrees with me.
Old 2009-10-09, 19:49   Link #20374
yggdrasil325
Hikikomori in a box

Quote:
Originally Posted by scify View Post
Quote:
Actually, no. It become a crazy tournment, for some reason.
It's a shonen manga. All shonen mangas eventually become crazy tournaments.

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN.
yggdrasil325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 20:15   Link #20375
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by yggdrasil325 View Post
It's a shonen manga. All shonen mangas eventually become crazy tournaments.
Say that to One Piece. Heck, say that to Dragon Ball! Of all Shonen Manga, Shaman King is the only one I know that it becomes a crazy tournment and did never come back to what was before. Not saying Shaman King become worse after that, but certanly not what was in the begining.
Old 2009-10-09, 20:28   Link #20376
GDB

Quote:
Heck, say that to Dragon Ball!
Didn't Dragonball have three crazy tournaments in the original, and then another three in Z?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 20:40   Link #20377
Heatth

Yeah. But but it quickly back to what was before. Also, all tournaments have very little impact for the plot on DBZ. Exept Cell's Games, that weren't tournaments to begin with it. It neve became the tournament.

Shaman King, however, never came back after the beginign of the Shaman Fight, the tournamente continued until the end.
Old 2009-10-10, 02:04   Link #20378
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

UPDATE AT LAST

Spoiler for September the Fifth, Day 4, Interlude 07: Irritation:

This was entirely too much fun to write. I'm a terrible person.

Enjoy.

Last edited by Kaisos Erranon; 2009-10-10 at 04:31.
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 02:30   Link #20379
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

Quote:
But, well, opinions from a Yuuki fangirl should count more then mine. I could use my 'status' as a Yuki fanboy, however.
Then again, a fangirl's opinion is always more or less biased. It could have been the glasses that did it for me too

I don't think the Yuuki with short hair was bad (not at all) either. I guess the long hair just matches my general image of the character better. And I happen to like the glasses. So I can't really provide any solid arguments for my opinion

Quote:
UPDATE AT LAST
Poor Haruki. He proably wouldn't want the pity, but he gets some anyway. Har har har.

Thumbs up from me, like always.
Puffendahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 02:31   Link #20380
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Yet again awesome, Kaisos. My only comment for now:
Quote:
During lunch break, he had gone to Mitsuuru Asahina’s classroom to beg his classmates to tell him where he had gone. (They didn’t know.)

No luck. No luck at all!

He had even checked Tsuruya’s classroom. (He wasn’t there, but his classmates had said that he had called in bored.)
Isn't this a bit redundant? I mean, I thought they were in the same class, why check twice?

↑Click for MAL.↑
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan