AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-10-12, 00:08   Link #20481
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariNiwa View Post
Awesome. Although the ease at which he was able to change reality is due to the extended subconscious use of his powers correct?
It's because he died and resurrected, yeah.

...I should write up some treatise on how and why Factor-1's powers never affect Factor-1 directly, for the
Extra Material.
Old 2009-10-12, 00:14   Link #20482
Ithekro
Warning

You really have be playing too much Umineko haven't you?
Old 2009-10-12, 00:19   Link #20483
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
You really have be playing too much Umineko haven't you?
I thought up this scenario and the concept of Extra Material long before I played Umineko. Honestly, I was thinking of F/SN.
Old 2009-10-12, 00:44   Link #20484
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
It's because he died and resurrected, yeah.
So Haruki is Jesus now? Just when you think this series has enough religious metaphors...

Besides, everyone knows to get the really good powers, you have to die at least once in your life.

Currently listening to Suzumiya Haruhi no Gensou. Songs from the anime being performed by a full Orchestra.
Mind = Completely and Utterly Blown.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 01:04   Link #20485
Binjovi
Artist

Send a message via AIM to Binjovi Send a message via Skype™ to Binjovi
Coming soon...

Spoiler for large image:
Binjovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 01:08   Link #20486
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

That's a pretty nice shota Haruki there.

Sameo, Paladin of Legend
Old 2009-10-12, 01:09   Link #20487
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Does he still classify as a shota when he's still taller than Kyonko?

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 01:14   Link #20488
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
Currently listening to Suzumiya Haruhi no Gensou. Songs from the anime being performed by a full Orchestra.
You've never heard it before?

One of the most awesome things to come out of Haruhi.
Old 2009-10-12, 01:44   Link #20489
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

Awww. Shota Haruki is adorable. And yes, he does count as a shota in my mind, at least when you've got the regular Haruki to compare with. I mean, isn't everyone (but Mikuru) taller than Kyonko?

Somehow an "awakened" Haruki makes me more nervous about the fate of the genderbent world than any of the storms and avatars and whatnots that have appeared until now. What with the other characters spending most of the series trying to prevent the local Suzumiya from finding out the truth. And then it goes and happens on a time like that. Poor world.
Puffendahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 01:49   Link #20490
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Quote:
Spoiler for September the Fifth, Day 4, Interlude 08: Thunder Rumbling:

That's all for now, folks.

Completely missed this... no, that instance wasn't actually intentional. It usually is though, yeah.
Whoa. o_o With all that's happened to him, it's not all that surprising that Mitsuuru (big) has snapped, but it is ... sad. And Arakawa's dark side is showing.
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 01:50   Link #20491
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffendahl View Post
Somehow an "awakened" Haruki makes me more nervous about the fate of the genderbent world than any of the storms and avatars and whatnots that have appeared until now.
It's working. Yaaay.
Old 2009-10-12, 02:03   Link #20492
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Be afraid of awakening gods. Be very afraid.

For some reason, I'm reminded of Death Note.

"I will be the God of the new world!"

Sameo, Paladin of Legend

Last edited by swtrooper42; 2009-10-12 at 02:35.
Old 2009-10-12, 02:09   Link #20493
CanadaAotS
Manly Picnic

Send a message via MSN to CanadaAotS Send a message via Skype™ to CanadaAotS
Quote:
So Haruki is Jesus now? Just when you think this series has enough religious metaphors...

Besides, everyone knows to get the really good powers, you have to die at least once in your life.
Don't you know? You can never have enough religious metaphors. Just ask Evangelion

Quote:
slowpoke.jpg
But seriously, I love the symphonic versions. It brings up images of both casts playing various instruments as Haruhi sings. Everyone decked out in a suit / black dress, with Haruki as the conductor.

Almost official Suzumiya Haruhi no Seitenkan IRC channel - #kyonko on irc.rizon.net
CanadaAotS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 02:16   Link #20494
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Quote:
Crunch. Slurp.

Um. Esper has a good end! Kind of...

Itsuko would probably force Kyonko to call her "onee-chan", but I think Kyonko would probably prefer "Aneki" or something like that.

More stuff.

Spoiler for September the Fifth, Day 4, Interlude 09: Awakening:

Less epic than I had hoped it would be, but this is the sort of scene that music and visuals can really have an effect on.

Poor everyone.
This reminds me a little of a short story where Haruhi thinks she's become a Jedi Knight. And rather than dread, this fills me with expectation. With all the limiters removed, how long will it be before Haruki tracks down his Brigade ...? Cue Suzumiya v. Suzumiya in this autumn's drag-out, knock-down battle of dimensions! ... Maybe.
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 04:35   Link #20495
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Glad you liked it so much, man.

And, the last scene for a little while...

Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5: Memories- Flashes in Space (Rhapsody):

Spoiler for Koizumi:

And so begins both Day 5 and our big tribute to both Final Fantasy VIII and Kingdom Hearts 2.

Danchou wrote all of the Couriertext here. Give him a big hand.

By the way, "Touhou Academy" is not a Touhou reference, if you were wondering. (If you do get where it's actually from, please tell me so I can laugh at you.)

Last edited by Kaisos Erranon; 2009-10-12 at 17:46.
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 05:02   Link #20496
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Um. Esper has a good end! Kind of...
Okaaay. This just make me fear by the others. You are really a sadist aren't you?

Quote:
Spoiler for September the Fifth, Day 4, Interlude 09: Awakening:

Less epic than I had hoped it would be, but this is the sort of scene that music and visuals can really have an effect on.

Poor everyone.
Hmmm, I think Haruki realized his powers too fast. I understood the idea is giving two andeniable prooves, he ressurecting and ressurecting others. However I don't really feel that way while reading it. Maybe if you emphasise the pain of being killed?

The scene was pretty cool, tough. I can totally see a orchestra with latin lyrics here. Similar to the end of Melancholy. Poor world. I wonder why can't Haruki just disire having his friends by his side(because that would be too easy and kill the story right?), or how he will react when he realise that. I also liked how the rewrites of the reality were writen, a pretty cool effect. And it was amuzing Haruki refering to Jesus, specially because he, being japanese, don't give it the same meaning most westerns give.

Quote:
This is a visual novel. The second should be a given.
This being a VN means we can use both, right? We need multiple ends, after all.

Quote:
Spoiler for September the Fifth, Day 4: My Room- Sleeping (Headphones II):

The original song used, which could practically be Haruki's character song it's so perfect. Full translation here.
There is one more scene I'll probably have up a lot later. It's the first part of Day 5 (not on the flowchart, don't ask) and it's called "Flashes in Space".
Nice scene. Nothing big, tough. A small correction, my rikaichan says 宮 is just 'miya', not 'omiya', this would be お宮. Omiya is the actuall word to reffer to Shinto shrines, but the kanji alone can mean 'shrine'. shrines Also, I think 涼 wouldn't be the first kanji someone would think for 'cool'. However, the other word should be enough for making the relaton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binjovi View Post
Coming soon...

Spoiler for large image:
Nice. Shouta Haruki is cool. However, I belive the yellow part in the headphones are bigger then in the other image, which is good (I say even the silver boarders should be painted as yellow ). Anyway, it is very good. (I still think the headphones are too big, but, whatever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aebliss View Post
This reminds me a little of a short story where Haruhi thinks she's become a Jedi Knight. And rather than dread, this fills me with expectation. With all the limiters removed, how long will it be before Haruki tracks down his Brigade ...? Cue Suzumiya v. Suzumiya in this autumn's drag-out, knock-down battle of dimensions! ... Maybe.
Haruhi as a Jedi Knight? Cool. Anyway, Suzumiya vs Suzumiya is bound to happen sometime. It will be epic.

PP:
Lol, didn't see the post above. Latter I comment it.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 05:10   Link #20497
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Hmmm, I think Haruki realized his powers too fast. I understood the idea is giving two andeniable prooves, he ressurecting and ressurecting others. However I don't really feel that way while reading it. Maybe if you emphasise the pain of being killed?
He had his brains turned into oatmeal... fine. I'll see what I can do.

Quote:
The scene was pretty cool, tough. I can totally see a orchestra with latin lyrics here. Similar to the end of Melancholy. Poor world. I wonder why can't Haruki just disire having his friends by his side(because that would be too easy and kill the story right?), or how he will react when he realise that. I also liked how the rewrites of the reality were writen, a pretty cool effect. And it was amuzing Haruki refering to Jesus, specially because he, being japanese, don't give it the same meaning most westerns give.
He's aware Jesus is a god and that he used to do crazy shit like turning water into wine, but that's about it, yeah.

Haruki's reaction when he first learned about this was something like "holy shit, man, I could be so drunk for, like, free. I wish I could do that."

Quote:
A small correction, my rikaichan says 宮 is just 'miya', not 'omiya'. Also, I think 涼 wouldn't be the first kanji someone would think for 'cool'. However, the other word should be enough for making the relaton.
"Shrine", however, is "omiya".

Kyon put it together when he thought "suzushii no omiya" (literally, "shrine of coolness") and was all... "Ah."
Old 2009-10-12, 05:53   Link #20498
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
He's aware Jesus is a god and that he used to do crazy shit like turning water into wine, but that's about it, yeah.

Haruki's reaction when he first learned about this was something like "holy shit, man, I could be so drunk for, like, free. I wish I could do that."
Well, I guss is what most would think.

Quote:
"Shrine", however, is "omiya".
I edited my post. Omiya is Shinto shinto. Actually, susing google translator, 宮 is actually 'palace'. It is the second meaning for Miya at Rikaichan. So, I guess 'cool palace' would be more fitting.

Quote:
Kyon put it together when he thought "suzushii no omiya" (literally, "shrine of coolness") and was all... "Ah."
Wouldn't be more like "shrine of refreshness" or "shrine of cool weather"? Suzushii don't mean all kinds of 'cool'.

Quote:

And, the last scene for a little while...

Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5: Memories- Flashes in Space (Rhapsody):
Man, Haruki used to be really a brat isn't he? Nice scene, is almost like a rewrite. Probably the closest thing we are geting about it for a while.

Anyway, I felt somewhat disapointed you skiped most dialogues. I understand why you did it, tough. However, it was kinda strange just after Haruki meeting Kyonko. It took me a while before realizing Kyonko's “Fine, whatever." was because Haruki's attempt to intimidating included asking her help. I know Haruhi did more or less the same thing, but who is reading/playing don't will be consulting the book/anime just to understand. At last here, hearing what he said would be good, I think.

I also felt disapointed you didn't decided by an official name for Johnko Smith.

Speaking on her, I find really strange Haruki cared so less about her. A know he is generally more annoying then Haruhi, but this will mess the Disappearance plot a bit wouldn't it? Haruhi just belived Kyon because she spend so much time looking for him herself. He also don't seens to care if Kyonko believe the same things he does, while for Haruhi this is a pretty important poin in her life, probably why she gone to North Hight after all. Wouldn't be a better idea if he tryed don't care about her (because she is obviously boring and uninteresting) but couldn't help but be interested on her? Like calling her latter 'weird broad' but imidiatally after remembering her (fake) name. Specially about the part she said she had met supernatural stuffs, he would dismiss it as no-sense, but wonder if was really true.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 07:04   Link #20499
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:

By the way, "Touhou Academy" is not a Touhou reference, if you were wondering. (If you do get where it's actually from, please tell me so I can laugh at you.)
I get it.

Amatseru T/L put in All Ages patch along with their translation.

So NEH. :P

And dude, that VN is FREAKY.

Got lost in the third repeat for a while.

Took so freaking long.

And no multi ends either. >.>
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 11:31   Link #20500
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Well, it does mean 'eastern', so it kinda fits.

↑Click for MAL.↑
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan