AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-11-18, 19:50   Link #21221
Kogetsu Shirogane
Desu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Takeru's Basement
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Junior high was 7 and 8 for me... Moved about halfway through grade seven, and the district I finished it in had it going from 5th to 8th. This kind of thing is probably better suited for the usergroup, though.
__________________
Kyouko Sakura and Madoka Kaname, Puella Magi Madoka Magica
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... desu desu...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 20:08   Link #21222
Jintor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Land Down Under
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
About Jintor well, you could say I am having high school right now and had "middle schoo" from my 16 to 18 years. At last if you are going by the literal translation. You could say our sistem merge elementary school and middle school under the same name (Ensino Fundamental, lit "fundamental teatching" or "elementary school"). What you would call Hight School means literaly "middle teatching". And college can be be called "superior teatching".
Oh, interseting. We have Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Education, with Primary (5-12; Kindergarden - Grade Six) and Secondary (12-18, Grade Seven to Grade Twelve) being compulsary, and Tertiary (Uni/College) non-compulsary.

In anycase, we're wildly off topic.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 20:16   Link #21223
Sute443
Sasaki-ist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Dude she's fourteen.
She is? *Looks at witty's age*

Oi, wittyusername, you didn't celebrate your birthday with us! Don't we mean anything to you? Oh well, happy-whenever-your-birthday-was!

On topic... on topic... What does Kyonko see in that Haruki? Especially before their equivalent of Live Alive...
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 20:18   Link #21224
Kogetsu Shirogane
Desu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Takeru's Basement
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
According to Kaisos, she doesn't take a personal interest in him until... either after that or somewhere around the start of their second year. I forget which it was.
__________________
Kyouko Sakura and Madoka Kaname, Puella Magi Madoka Magica
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... desu desu...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 20:19   Link #21225
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Following the clouds North.
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes Send a message via Skype™ to dragon4dudes
Um... Uh... Can I leave it at that?
__________________

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 20:25   Link #21226
Heatth
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brasil
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Oh, interseting. We have Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Education, with Primary (5-12; Kindergarden - Grade Six) and Secondary (12-18, Grade Seven to Grade Twelve) being compulsary, and Tertiary (Uni/College) non-compulsary.

In anycase, we're wildly off topic.
I see. This is in Australia right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
She is? *Looks at witty's age*

Oi, wittyusername, you didn't celebrate your birthday with us! Don't we mean anything to you? Oh well, happy-whenever-your-birthday-was!
Her birthday was in Octuber, if I am not mistake. The same day as Brazilian childrens day - Oct12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
On topic... on topic... What does Kyonko see in that Haruki? Especially before their equivalent of Live Alive...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
According to Kaisos, she doesn't take a personal interest in him until... either after that or somewhere around the start of their second year. I forget which it was.
Actually, if I am not mistake, it was after Live Alive. Whe it would make sense, actually. What could have happened in the begining of the Second Year? There is nothing officialy writen yet (it just begun in Vol.9 right?).
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 22:36   Link #21227
besieger
Fabulous Shadowy Advisor
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: YVR
Age: 28
*ahem*

Let's actually clear up this whole mess about Canada's school system, no?

It actually depends on local school district to implement any of the following:
Kindergarten -> Elementary School (Grades 1 - 7) -> High School (Grades 8 - 12)
Kindergarten -> Elementary School (Grades 1 - 7) -> Junior High School (Grades 8 - 9, and for some, 10) -> Senior High School (Grades 10 - 12)

My own district (in fact, the whole Lower Mainland to be exact, for Kaisos it would be different) is in system 1. And up until recent years, Ontario (and Ontario only, I seriously wanted to know what they're thinking) had Grade 13, which is pretty much prep for post-secondary.
besieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 03:03   Link #21228
Sute443
Sasaki-ist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Actually, if I am not mistake, it was after Live Alive. Whe it would make sense, actually.
Yeah, that's what Kaisos said. I was just trying to find something on-topic to say.

It'll be interesting to see how Kyonko and Haruki interact with each other in the main universe. If she hasn't really taken a liking to him yet (because the VN is before Live Alive), but he's pretty much destroying the Seitenkan universe because she isn't around anymore...
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 03:11   Link #21229
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NSW, Australia
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Oh, interseting. We have Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Education, with Primary (5-12; Kindergarden - Grade Six) and Secondary (12-18, Grade Seven to Grade Twelve) being compulsary, and Tertiary (Uni/College) non-compulsary.

In anycase, we're wildly off topic.
Just to prove you wrong, no, you can leave school at yr 10, lol.

All you need is your School Cert, you don't need your Higher School Cert.

Ontopic:

And it SHOULD be after Live Alive.

Twould make more sense, cos otherwise, well, it's retarded if she's still THAT ignorant of his love.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 03:33   Link #21230
Jintor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Land Down Under
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
Just to prove you wrong, no, you can leave school at yr 10, lol.

All you need is your School Cert, you don't need your Higher School Cert.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. 's what happens when you're on a higher expectations tier.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 05:51   Link #21231
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by besieger View Post
My own district (in fact, the whole Lower Mainland to be exact, for Kaisos it would be different)
Actually, until the year after I left high school, my district used the exact same system as Japanese high schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
It'll be interesting to see how Kyonko and Haruki interact with each other in the main universe. If she hasn't really taken a liking to him yet (because the VN is before Live Alive), but he's pretty much destroying the Seitenkan universe because she isn't around anymore...
Awkward, yes.

Although they do actually hook up in one of the bad ends, believe it or not... Thank Heatth for giving me the idea, actually.


By the way, Bad Ends! They have names now!

The one you get by tying points with everyone is called "New Century", the one you get for having NO points is "Burly Brawl", and the default bad end you get for not having enough flags (the one most players will get on their first playthrough) is called "Life Goes On..."

In addition, the demo will have a special bad end tentatively called "A Brief History of the World Up Till Now" which I intend to have a lot of fun with.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 07:46   Link #21232
Heatth
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brasil
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Although they do actually hook up in one of the bad ends, believe it or not... Thank Heatth for giving me the idea, actually.
My random comments, complains and ideas were useful after all! Glad to hear that. Also, do you realize this is a precedent for me be generally more annoying then usual?

Btw, considering one Bad End is like that, the other routes suddenlly appear more nice now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
By the way, Bad Ends! They have names now!

The one you get by tying points with everyone is called "New Century", the one you get for having NO points is "Burly Brawl", and the default bad end you get for not having enough flags (the one most players will get on their first playthrough) is called "Life Goes On..."

In addition, the demo will have a special bad end tentatively called "A Brief History of the World Up Till Now" which I intend to have a lot of fun with.
Speaking on that, how does these Bad Ends work? They are not full routes, but aren't simple "you died, start again from Day X" either right? How long they are?
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 08:07   Link #21233
Jintor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Land Down Under
Age: 23
As long as Kaisos or the relevant author feels like making them, I'm guessing.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 14:51   Link #21234
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
As long as Kaisos or the relevant author feels like making them, I'm guessing.
Not nearly as long as full routes, but they're routes.

Also, someone had better get the "New Century" thing or it'll have been a waste to translate.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 15:48   Link #21235
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Also, someone had better get the "New Century" thing or it'll have been a waste to translate.
Have a few guesses, but no idea if any are right.
  • Evangelion reference?
  • Song by Shuujin, which sings of going up in an elevator with seemingly no end, and how it's not really different from normal human life?
  • Some sort of horrible kanji pun on "shinseiki" (新世紀)?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 17:12   Link #21236
Heatth
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brasil
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Not nearly as long as full routes, but they're routes.
I see. They are pretty long then.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 17:42   Link #21237
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Following the clouds North.
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes Send a message via Skype™ to dragon4dudes
Don't all routes pretty much elapse the first 4 whole days?
__________________

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 21:04   Link #21238
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
  • Evangelion reference?
Yaaay

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4dudes View Post
Don't all routes pretty much elapse the first 4 whole days?
Routes are technically Day 7 and onwards.

The game takes place between September 1st and September 26th, by the way.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 21:12   Link #21239
Heatth
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brasil
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Routes are technically Day 7 and onwards.

The game takes place between September 1st and September 26th, by the way.
Shouldn't you say "Day 6 onward"? Even if this day is very similar no matter the route, it still has some difference right? That is why the route is defined on Day5 right?

September 1st to September 26th eh? Hmmm, September 11th would be too early for something happen in any route then, a pitty.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 21:17   Link #21240
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Er.

Anyway, Day 6 is the same for every route aside from which girl Kyon hangs out with... well, the ends are different for Divine and CoOp, but they're still pretty much the same outcome.

Day 7 is where things diverge.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.