AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-01-16, 18:32   Link #21861
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Following the clouds North.
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes Send a message via Skype™ to dragon4dudes
Abnormal/Paranormal/Subnormal interpretations make this fun. And it's rather surprising what the US Government has.... Not that I would know.
__________________

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 18:36   Link #21862
Kogetsu Shirogane
Desu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Takeru's Basement
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4dudes View Post
And it's rather surprising what the US Government has.... Not that I would know.
Magic bullets. That's right, magic exists. They've just been hiding it.
__________________
Kyouko Sakura and Madoka Kaname, Puella Magi Madoka Magica
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... desu desu...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 18:39   Link #21863
Magnificate
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Urgh, I'm sorry for exploding above.

Rest assured that yes, I will justify this later, and also that my interpretation of the Agency is VERY different from the usual.
No worries. It probably didn't help that I am not a native English speaker and my comment might have been untintentionally worded as implying criticism.

Considering the story so far I can safely predict the explanation scene will be all kinds of awesome.
Magnificate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 18:40   Link #21864
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Magic bullets. That's right, magic exists. They've just been hiding it.
Well, sufficiently advanced technology IS indistinguishable from magic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnificate View Post
Considering the story so far I can safely predict the explanation scene will be all kinds of awesome.
Hmm, probably.

It's all good anyway.

I'll have the first Kyonko scene up in approximately ten hours.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 18:49   Link #21865
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sunny Singapore
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
-_-

This is a science fiction story. We have aliens and time travelers and espers. Why is it so hard to get you guys to accept ANYTHING?
This made me laugh because it's so true

Personally I'm fine with the 'healing using data manipulation technology' route. We have seen Yuki reconstructing an entire classroom, and Ryoko manipulating data from one physical form to another. Itsuki has said that 'the Organization has tried to make contacts with other sources of connection, so I do hold a certain amount of intelligence'. Furthermore, I'm sure ESPers have suffered injuries in the course of fighting the Celestials. It's hard to believe that they are invincible and escape unscathed every single time from combat in closed space (those Celestials do look tough).

In this case, isn't it probable that the Organization has some kind of healing technology for the injured ESPers? The ESPers have civilian identities to return to, and putting them in public hospitals would raise a lot of questions, while putting them to heal in their private facilities will make them disappear from their duties for some time. I don't care how powerful you are, if you're a flying red ball and get whacked by a blue glowing giant, you're going down. Hard.

Yuki didn't leave a scar on her body when she got impaled by Ryoko (at least I don't think she did We might never know). Kyon, being such an important person of observation for all factions, will get top-notch treatment if he does get injured (severely in this case, if the medical explanations so far are right), especially to cover up the fact that Itsuko messed up majorly on her own accord.
edkedkedk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 18:58   Link #21866
Kogetsu Shirogane
Desu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Takeru's Basement
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
Yuki didn't leave a scar on her body when she got impaled by Ryoko (at least I don't think she did We might never know).
Don't really need to assume one way or the other. Sigh gives plenty of evidence that Interfaces can regenerate.
__________________
Kyouko Sakura and Madoka Kaname, Puella Magi Madoka Magica
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... desu desu...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 19:35   Link #21867
Heatth
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brasil
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnificate View Post
No worries. It probably didn't help that I am not a native English speaker and my comment might have been untintentionally worded as implying criticism.

Considering the story so far I can safely predict the explanation scene will be all kinds of awesome.
Worry not. It was mostly my fault for pushing Kaisos to far this time.



Well, since I seen to have really pissed of you, Kaisos, I believe I should apologise:

I am trully sorry. I am realy sorry for annoying you too much. However, I don't do that just to beingannoying, you know (well, I hope you know).

I have many times seen storiews(fan fiction) falling due to over 'pleased' fanbase, who never complains and keep saying how awesome the stories (even when it is not anyome). However, moost of the goods stories tha keep being good have some critics. Sometimes some very agressive critics. I believe doing what I do I help you to see your scenes for a new angle. You might think in a way you haven't tought before and might improve it. Even if you don't agree, seeing by a new angle strengthen your view.

However, I do realise I sometimes go too far. I frequently sound too arrogant. I also keep longing a fight to the last stand, even when it is useless.

For that, I am sorry.

I also understand I 'complain' sometimes too early. How can I know if don't have an explanation if it is not finished yet? However, if I don't bring the matter now, when will I? Somethings, like 'how many guys Itsuko kissec" or "how she hid Kyon from Haruhi" is botherline meaningless. If I comment latter it will feel strange, why bring on something such old unimportant thing? Even things that are important, like Kyon's wound. It wouldn't be strange I bring it on 'latter', but when 'latter' is?It is the next scene? Or the one after that? Maybe the next Day? I believe you, Kaisos, wouldn't miss a very important detail. But what if he does? Is what important for me important to you? It would be if I explain myself? That is why I need comment, "complain", as soon as possible.

I also try to see the intension of you, writer, behind everything. But I am frankly not good with that. I miss things, that is why I ask for explanation. I believe I can see the betweenlines sometimes, tough. I tought mentioning why the hell would Itsuko have a hi-tech bandage with her, even in another world (where she can't count with 'her' Organization). However, adding it to the Kiss of Death, I believe you are trying to tell he is always full of 'secret agent devices'. Despite being 'only' a school girl and have as mission 'only' observe a girl, this bandage tell me she believe she migh be hurt, seriously hurt, at any time. Rival agents atack maybe? Or just for healing from the fight with the Shinjis (never know when they are appearing, after all)?

I want to say, as last thing, I really like your writing. If not I wouldn't keep reading it until now. Even having complaning that much, Itsuko's scenes were of my favourites. I don't like the scy-fi focus you are doing on the Organization, however, I love the 'secret agent' thing you are doing with Itsuko. Please, don't mistakenly believe I am telling you are a bad writer. You are not. Not eeverything needs to have be explained, even if they need to have one. I keep 'complaning' to pull the max of your writing. Because I am really loving this.

That is it. Sorry be the annoyance. I will try to be better, even if I continue with my 'complains'. I hope you can understand me better now. I also hope I am not mistake believing I am somehow helping you (even if just a little) with my comments. Please tell me if I am.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Well, sufficiently advanced technology IS indistinguishable from magic...
I would argue why they have sufficiently advanced technology, tough. How would they get it? I doubt it is from the Time Travelers, as they don't seen to like each other. As a wide guess, I would say it is something related to what was buried in Tsuruya's mountain. She is related to the Organization, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
Personally I'm fine with the 'healing using data manipulation technology' route. We have seen Yuki reconstructing an entire classroom, and Ryoko manipulating data from one physical form to another. Itsuki has said that 'the Organization has tried to make contacts with other sources of connection, so I do hold a certain amount of intelligence'. Furthermore, I'm sure ESPers have suffered injuries in the course of fighting the Celestials. It's hard to believe that they are invincible and escape unscathed every single time from combat in closed space (those Celestials do look tough).
Eh, exept the Organization shouldn't be able to do the same thing as Yuki-tachi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
In this case, isn't it probable that the Organization has some kind of healing technology for the injured ESPers? The ESPers have civilian identities to return to, and putting them in public hospitals would raise a lot of questions, while putting them to heal in their private facilities will make them disappear from their duties for some time. I don't care how powerful you are, if you're a flying red ball and get whacked by a blue glowing giant, you're going down. Hard.
I agree here, tough. While I don't think such healing device would be related by any means to the interfaces 'magic', what you say is true. I don't really like too much scy-fi but don't see much problem with it.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 20:08   Link #21868
Kogetsu Shirogane
Desu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Takeru's Basement
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
I would argue why they have sufficiently advanced technology, tough.
That wasn't related to the Organization. Not unless they're connected to the US Government, that is.
__________________
Kyouko Sakura and Madoka Kaname, Puella Magi Madoka Magica
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... desu desu...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 20:21   Link #21869
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Following the clouds North.
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes Send a message via Skype™ to dragon4dudes
If we assume the Organization is an undercover international organization, then the assumption that they are connected the US Government is very logical. That would also mean they could have access to every nation's top secret information.
__________________

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 21:15   Link #21870
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Nanao-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4dudes View Post
If we assume the Organization is an undercover international organization, then the assumption that they are connected the US Government is very logical. That would also mean they could have access to every nation's top secret information.
And suddenly the Organization is now on the scale of an international mafia. In fact, it may even have hands in the mafia.
__________________
Nanao-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 21:23   Link #21871
Kogetsu Shirogane
Desu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Takeru's Basement
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
And now this topic has started again. Awesome.

*e* Since we're on the subject anyway... the Tsuruya family is pretty rich, no? And they're one of the "sponsors" of the Organization... now, if the Tsuruya family were, say, yakuza...
__________________
Kyouko Sakura and Madoka Kaname, Puella Magi Madoka Magica
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... desu desu...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 21:26   Link #21872
Iaevuous
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariNiwa View Post
And suddenly the Organization is now on the scale of an international mafia. In fact, it may even have hands in the mafia.
Perhaps it's NERV?
Iaevuous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 22:37   Link #21873
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pennyslvania
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaevuous View Post
Perhaps it's NERV?
Or maybe the Organization BECOMES Nerv.

The town is actually the future location of Tokyo 3. Tsuruya's mountain is actually an entrance to the geofront. Human interfaces are actually half-angel. Evangelions are actually Celestials that the Organization somehow turn into Evangelions by infusing them with the souls of Espers.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE.
__________________

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 22:57   Link #21874
Kogetsu Shirogane
Desu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Takeru's Basement
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
I'm sure there's a better place to discuss that theory. We've already been warned about this sort of thing twice, so I don't think we'll get off with another warning.
__________________
Kyouko Sakura and Madoka Kaname, Puella Magi Madoka Magica
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... desu desu...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 23:13   Link #21875
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pennyslvania
Age: 25
Ok, here's a topic.

How are Disappearance Itsuki and Haruhi different from their normal counterparts?
Disappearance Itsuki seems the same to me other than the fact of not knowing Kyon. Haruhi seemed to change back to normal after Kyon's big reveal. So how are they different?
__________________

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 23:16   Link #21876
Binjovi
Artist
 
Join Date: May 2009
Send a message via AIM to Binjovi Send a message via Skype™ to Binjovi
Been doing some more sketching. This time, for the dream sequence prologue. These are still pretty rudimentary, so take that as a warning.

Spoiler for rough and pink:

This one is, perhaps, a little hard to read right now. It's basically a closeup shot of Yuki's eye and glasses. Kyon, who is sitting on the other side of the table, is reflected in them.

Spoiler for rough and pink:

Itsuki picks up "Kyon's King" in a game of chess.

Spoiler for rough and pink:

"Have you ever seen a cave cricket? Well, if not, I'd like to show you what I'm looking at right now."

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
Ok, here's a topic.

How are Disappearance Itsuki and Haruhi different from their normal counterparts?
Disappearance Itsuki seems the same to me other than the fact of not knowing Kyon. Haruhi seemed to change back to normal after Kyon's big reveal. So how are they different?
I suppose, technically, that's still off topic as this is the genderbending thread, but Haruhi's basically the same in Disappearance. Itsuki, however, seems a bit more lighthearted, as he isn't required to keep so many secrets and whatnot. That's my guess anyway.
__________________
Binjovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 23:19   Link #21877
besieger
Fabulous Shadowy Advisor
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: YVR
Age: 28
Very nice, Binjovi. I suppose this is a rough sketch, but the number of legs on the crickets don't match. =P
besieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 23:22   Link #21878
Binjovi
Artist
 
Join Date: May 2009
Send a message via AIM to Binjovi Send a message via Skype™ to Binjovi
Quote:
Originally Posted by besieger View Post
Very nice, Binjovi. I suppose this is a rough sketch, but the number of legs on the crickets don't match. =P
They're there somewhere. These are mostly just to get some ideas out of my head and see where I can take them from here. Much more refining is obviously necessary. Thanks, though.
__________________
Binjovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 00:05   Link #21879
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The girl's bathroom
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Nice sketches indeed, Binjovi.
__________________

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 00:12   Link #21880
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pennyslvania
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binjovi View Post
I suppose, technically, that's still off topic as this is the genderbending thread, but Haruhi's basically the same in Disappearance. Itsuki, however, seems a bit more lighthearted, as he isn't required to keep so many secrets and whatnot. That's my guess anyway.
I was just inquiring because Kaisos brought them up as potential hosts for the Tiger Dojo thing. I was wondering how they would be fundamentally different so I could imagine such a scene.

Looking at your sketches makes me wish a had even a little art talent in me. Those look really good.
__________________

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.