AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2010-01-17, 01:04   Link #21881
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
I like the first one a lot, Binjovi. But then, I like Yuki, so that's probably not terribly surprising.

Ho hum... I guess now that the archive is being updated again, I should start looking at more editing and such. Not sure how my schedule this semester is going to work out (since I need to find a job to continue feeding myself) but I'll try to keep up with things as best as possible.
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 02:27   Link #21882
s07195
Distracted

@Binjovi: nice sketches indeed. I like how Itsuki literally picks up Kyon in the second. Are these gonna be colored?

@scify: Good luck. everyone's rooting for you

s07195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 07:33   Link #21883
otai

Send a message via MSN to otai
Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
Ok, here's a topic.

How are Disappearance Itsuki and Haruhi different from their normal counterparts?
Disappearance Itsuki seems the same to me other than the fact of not knowing Kyon. Haruhi seemed to change back to normal after Kyon's big reveal. So how are they different?
This is a very interesting question. It seemed pretty normal for a guy like Itsuki to keep pursuing Haruhi even after her interest in him began to wan. For a newly transferred girl student to keep after a guy instead, especially one of questionable past like Haruki; Itsuko would no doubt be subject to the usual shoujo manga angst. I sorta want to read that shoujo manga, much like how I keep reading Nagato Yuki-chan.

PS: Regarding the gunshot, I just figured the bullet didn't hit Kyon, but the muzzle blast gave him some burns and tore some skin.
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 07:46   Link #21884
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

I couldn't quite finish all of it in time... it's missing one alternate scene, but here's what I have for now.

Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5, Kyonko: Library- Bad Third Impression/Return of the Thief:

I'll update this post tomorrow.

As for now, I'm very tired.

Last edited by Kaisos Erranon; 2010-01-17 at 18:21.
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 09:44   Link #21885
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
This is a very interesting question. It seemed pretty normal for a guy like Itsuki to keep pursuing Haruhi even after her interest in him began to wan. For a newly transferred girl student to keep after a guy instead, especially one of questionable past like Haruki; Itsuko would no doubt be subject to the usual shoujo manga angst. I sorta want to read that shoujo manga, much like how I keep reading Nagato Yuki-chan.
Heh, that is true. I also would like to read it. I wish Yuki-chan was faster, 19 pages in a monthly manga is to few.

Anyway, while Disappearance!Itsuki is different from Regular!Itsuki, Disappearance!Haruhi is not. I don't realy like then runing the dojo. I would have to wait to see, but I feel it would be just Haruhi talking about things while meekly agree. I don't really understand the 'tsundere' part Kaisos talked about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
PS: Regarding the gunshot, I just figured the bullet didn't hit Kyon, but the muzzle blast gave him some burns and tore some skin.
This... actually make sense. I am not sure, but these burn are still pretty severe right? Even so, being treated by a 'magic' bandage in a park wouldn't sound as absurd. Severe enough to need 'scy-fi magic', but not that much to the point it is too scy-fi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I couldn't quite finish all of it in time... it's missing one alternate scene, but here's what I have for now.

Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5, Kyonko: Library- Bad Third Impression/Return of the Thief:

I'll update this post tomorrow.

As for now, I'm very tired.
Heh, interation between Kyons is aways fun. I wonder what Kyonk is looking so badly in the history. Is she just making sure if everyone is genderbended? Maybe learning possible differences in relation to her world to avoid razing suspicion? A nice move. Pretty Genre Savy her eh?

Anyway, Kyonko snarkness is a bit agressive this time huh? Nor she nor Kyon are usually like that, voicing their skank comments with irony. I can't blame her, sleeping two times in street is enough worse to mood of anyone. Keeping bumping in a male version of herself also don't help. It is creepy.

I found interesting the parallel between her and Haruhi. Despite it, I could find the main difference between them. Haruhi make Kyon do unreasonable things for her, while Kyonko mostly ask semi-reasonable things. Kyon is a guy, and Kyonko is a girl. It is only 'natural' he helping her to carry havy stuff. The libary card was a bit too much, but giving she was hesitating when she asked, I would say she knows very well how absurd the request was. She should at last add a 'please'.

As a last thing, Itsuko really seen to be skilled in get what she needs in strange situations. I noticed how she had new clothes but Kyonko not. I wounder if she got a spare change for her close friend?
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 13:18   Link #21886
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post

This... actually make sense. I am not sure, but these burn are still pretty severe right? Even so, being treated by a 'magic' bandage in a park wouldn't sound as absurd. Severe enough to need 'scy-fi magic', but not that much to the point it is too scy-fi.
Actually, I'm looking forward to seeing more of the 'sci-fi magic', as you call it. There are a lot of possibilities, given the number of factions existing.

-The Time Travelers: Who own the TPDD which can bend time and space, brainwashing techniques and even a time shield that protects them from the potential damage caused by the time-traveling. I'm really interested to see how they cope with the time paradoxes; we haven't seen or heard much of them.

-The 'Organization' + Tsuruya Clan: Who has an intensive network of information and contacts, much like the aforementioned Mafia and Yakuza. In fact, with their widespread coverage of the world information and technology, they seem more like the CIA. Their mysterious and powerful background means there is free rein to guess the extent of their advancements, providing nice plot devices right there in the money

-Data Integration Thought Entity: Who own/owns eons of knowledge and data, yet somehow, in their infinite wisdom creates Humanoid Interfaces with flaws; a) Ryoko, who is super-sociable and near-perfect except for the fact that she's impatient and doesn't understand the concept of death, b) Yuki, who is quiet, subdued, and was never meant to have any emotions in her field of observation, develops them and becomes less and less alien, and c) Emiri, who... really doesn't have much impact, despite her being Yuki's superior. Oh, the irony

Then there are the twisted versions of them too (cue the Anti-SOS Brigade). So many factions in this world, vying for their own interests. Is this the same in this gender-bent world? Will this gender-bent world reveal more of their intentions and abilities? How deep are their influences? Could it be possible some of the gender-bent characters are undercover agents for different factions? I'm interested to see more.

Quote:

Heh, interation between Kyons is aways fun. I wonder what Kyonk is looking so badly in the history. Is she just making sure if everyone is genderbended? Maybe learning possible differences in relation to her world to avoid razing suspicion? A nice move. Pretty Genre Savy her eh?
Logical thing to do; Check out history books to see if there are any more changes in this gender-bent world. Pretty smart of her, considering Kyon would go crazy and start asking people weird questions like in Disappearance
edkedkedk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 13:30   Link #21887
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
So many factions in this world, vying for their own interests. Is this the same in this gender-bent world?
What's true for one, is true for the other, if I recall correctly.

Also, what's this about a Tiger dojo, have I missed something?

↑Click for MAL.↑
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 13:36   Link #21888
GDB

Quote:
I love the double meaning here. Short in stature, short in temper. All she needs is Rie Kugimiya and she'd be the perfect tsundere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
Also, what's this about a Tiger dojo, have I missed something?
As in, what is a Tiger Dojo, or why did it get brought up? Not sure on the latter, but if you're questioning the former: it's from Fate/Stay Night. When you got a Bad End, Taiga and Ilya would show up in the "Tiger Dojo", make some jokes and witty remarks, and often tell you why and when you screwed up. Personally, it was the only thing that kept me going during the horrible third route in that game.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 14:24   Link #21889
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
c) Emiri, who... really doesn't have much impact, despite her being Yuki's superior. Oh, the irony
If her image song is any indication, she's pretty much in the same boat as Yuki.

I'd also like to point out the humor in simply having a male sing those lyrics, as the line where Emiri muses about being normal becomes Emori wanting to be a girl.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... that's... not a doughnut...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 14:37   Link #21890
Stormwhite

Send a message via MSN to Stormwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
As in, what is a Tiger Dojo, or why did it get brought up? Not sure on the latter, but if you're questioning the former: it's from Fate/Stay Night. When you got a Bad End, Taiga and Ilya would show up in the "Tiger Dojo", make some jokes and witty remarks, and often tell you why and when you screwed up. Personally, it was the only thing that kept me going during the horrible third route in that game.
You got a reward for getting all of them as well :P

Imo the best hosts for a Tiger Dojo would be the Tsuruyas, but whether that would work, I don't know.
Old 2010-01-17, 15:07   Link #21891
Heatth

Quote:
Actually, I'm looking forward to seeing more of the 'sci-fi magic', as you call it. There are a lot of possibilities, given the number of factions existing. (...)
I am actually talking specifically about the Organization. The Time Travelers technology is certanly 'magic'. Mikuru have no idea of what is a PC and impressed that boats float. The DITE, also have 'magic' is 'tech'.

I have no problem a bit of weird devices for the Organization. Things likeyou would see in a 007 movie is awesome and fit then. But I would preffer don't seeing then having acces to too much 'magic'. Their power come from conections and agents, not that 'magic'. That being said, I preffer that Itsuko's miraculous bandage is not able to instantaneously (less then a day is 'instantaneously') heal a bullet wond on Kyon's face. I think it crossed a bit the line.

In the other hand, it just crossed a bit. They are not wielding light sabers, nor shoting lazer or protecting thenself with force fields. I preffer otai's explanation, but Kaisos original one is not that bad either.

Quote:
Could it be possible some of the gender-bent characters are undercover agents for different factions? I'm interested to see more.
I believe it was what Itsuko suspected about Kyon. I is probably why she freeked out seeing the headphones. I wonder if it is not what Yuki thinks about Yuuki (and Kyonko?) as well.

Mikuru and Mitsuuru are probably completelly clueless about it, tough.

Quote:
Heresy! The 3th route is awesome! Wellm I agree it can be pretty boring sometimes. The the awesome momments worth it!

Anyway, yeah, Tiger Dojo is a comedy section you get after geting a Bad End (probably a [b]Dead[b] End). The supposedly main purpose is to help the players telling then where, how and why the screwd up. However, Fate/Stay Night is so linear that it is almost point less. Exept for a few (4 or 5 in 40), all bad ends are gotten almost imediatelly after you makin a choice, so it is pretty easy just go back there and chosing another thing. You also can have one for not having enough points with the route main girl, but in the first two routes this is so hard that you will probably have to try to get it. (Taiga and Illya even lapshade it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
If her image song is any indication, she's pretty much in the same boat as Yuki.

I'd also like to point out the humor in simply having a male sing those lyrics, as the line where Emiri muses about being normal becomes Emori wanting to be a girl.
I love Emiri's Image Song. It is the sole reason I like her (a pitty it is probably not canon). Anyway, that is why fansubed genderbended songs are better. At last the singer can change where it make sense, making Emori whanting to be an ordinary boy insted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormwhite View Post
Imo the best hosts for a Tiger Dojo would be the Tsuruyas, but whether that would work, I don't know.
That would also be awesome. I still the Computer Presidents. The Computer Loli is to awesome to be forgoten after the first few days. The same for quartet Kunikida&Taniguchi.
Old 2010-01-17, 15:58   Link #21892
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!

Quote:
At last the singer can change where it make sense, making Emori whanting to be an ordinary boy insted.
I prefer it being humorous. Not that being a girl is a joke, mind you.

As for the Tsuruyas-in-Tiger-Dojo thing, while I have to agree that them laughing about your screw-ups would be an awesome idea, I really don't see it happening. I'm pretty sure the use of alt!Itsuki and alt!Haruhi was decided upon as soon as the idea even came up, and I don't really see it changing.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2010-01-17, 16:02   Link #21893
Heatth

Quote:
I prefer it being humorous. Not that being a girl is a joke, mind you.
A boy wanting to be a girl is a joke.

Quote:
As for the Tsuruyas-in-Tiger-Dojo thing, while I have to agree that them laughing about your screw-ups would be an awesome idea, I really don't see it happening. I'm pretty sure the use of alt!Itsuki and alt!Haruhi was decided upon as soon as the idea even came up, and I don't really see it changing.
Yeah, I also believe it is no happening. However, it is not true the alt!Itsuki and alt!Haruhi was decided as soon as the idea came up. I don't know exactly when Kaisos had the idea, but just a few days ago Danchou was stil discussing with him about another (more impratical) one.
Old 2010-01-17, 18:31   Link #21894
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Scene is updated. Kyonko is highly lulz.

Quote:
I don't really understand the 'tsundere' part Kaisos talked about.
Angry Emo Haruhi, if written a certain way, would qualify as a Rie-style tsundere. Their interaction would probably end up Yuuji/Shana style.

In other words, HMPH HMPH HMPH.

Quote:
I see I'm really gonna have to justify the bandages. Fortunately, I recently came up with an idea!

Quote:
As a last thing, Itsuko really seen to be skilled in get what she needs in strange situations. I noticed how she had new clothes but Kyonko not. I wounder if she got a spare change for her close friend?
She did, but it's something Kyonko refuses to wear. Itsuko thinks that she's so funny.

Quote:
I'm really interested to see how they cope with the time paradoxes; we haven't seen or heard much of them.
You still haven't read the earlier stuff, have you?

Quote:
I love the double meaning here. Short in stature, short in temper. All she needs is Rie Kugimiya and she'd be the perfect tsundere.
I didn't actually intend that, but hey, it works.

Also, we've been thinking Shizuka Itou recently. Rie is a bit much...

Quote:
That would also be awesome. I still the Computer Presidents. The Computer Loli is to awesome to be forgoten after the first few days. The same for quartet Kunikida&Taniguchi.
They'll be back. In fact, we have another game idea that involves most of the genderbent characters that we never use.
Old 2010-01-17, 18:39   Link #21895
GDB

Quote:
Also, we've been thinking Shizuka Itou recently. Rie is a bit much...
So more Hinagiku style tsundere?
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 18:43   Link #21896
SgtHydra
Void Dragon

Quote:
They'll be back. In fact, we have another game idea that involves most of the genderbent characters that we never use.
Which would be...?

All Glory to the Greentext.
SgtHydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 18:49   Link #21897
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!

It's a secret to everyone!
Old 2010-01-17, 19:19   Link #21898
ryanasaurus0077
Nostalgia Critic's #1 fan

I hope it's not too late to apply to do voicework for the VN? Because I'd LUV to be Haruki.
Old 2010-01-17, 19:24   Link #21899
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes Send a message via Skype™ to dragon4dudes
I think voice work is a later thing....

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 19:25   Link #21900
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
We don't accept applications from trolls.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan