AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-03-07, 11:58   Link #781
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Ooh, I like the sound of that one. Problem is, since everyting is from Kyonko's prespective, how will we make it clear that she's being watched?
She has strange shoujo-esque danger intuitions? She'll feel nervous about going out alone by herself (oh god that's an adorable picture in my mind), and look back at her surroundings often during the walk back home with Yuuki. Then she'll go like, "I'm probably imagining things, but was that Ryo over there in the trees?" or something to that effect.

Kyon-chan denying her shoujo fantasies is such a fun thing to watch.
__________________

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 12:02   Link #782
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
You guys considering compiling all these versions on to a self-made wiki? Maybe try asking Baka-Tsuki to host them in a special page reserved for gender bending. I'll try asking around over there.
__________________
哀莫大於心死。
我對這裡的管理員的霸道與毫無準則的執法行為感到徹底失望﹗

It was fun while it lasted.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 12:03   Link #783
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
You guys considering compiling all these versions on to a self-made wiki? Maybe try asking Baka-Tsuki to host them in a special page reserved for gender bending. I'll try asking around over there.
We're currently on the SOS-dan wiki, but getting it onto Baka-Tsuki would be legendary.
__________________

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 12:36   Link #784
Tangowr
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Haruki and KyonKyon


KyonKyon and Kyon


KyonKyon


Trap Mikuru in Bunny Girl outfit


Yuki Nagato


Itsuhime and KyonKyon


KyonKyon and..Wawawa~


KyonKyon and Nagato
__________________
Tangowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 12:36   Link #785
toran
Kyonko Convert
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Ooh, I like the sound of that one. Problem is, since everyting is from Kyonko's prespective, how will we make it clear that she's being watched?
Well, you could have him have the feeling of being watched at odd times. Maybe even have Asakura interact more with Kyon than she does in Cannon.

DJ_Rockman: Ummm. I don't think you'd have to give Asakura a sinister look. I don't think she's really programmed to do it. Anyway, I just can't see that kind of look on his face. (Blah the pronouns are killing me)
In Cannon, when Asakura tried to kill Kyon, she really didn't have a sinister look. It looked more like determination than sinister. Plus, she is more than happy to kill Kyon to complete her goals. She's not evil... I think.
toran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 12:41   Link #786
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by toran View Post
DJ_Rockman: Ummm. I don't think you'd have to give Asakura a sinister look. I don't think she's really programmed to do it. Anyway, I just can't see that kind of look on his face. (Blah the pronouns are killing me)
In Cannon, when Asakura tried to kill Kyon, she really didn't have a sinister look. It looked more like determination than sinister. Plus, she is more than happy to kill Kyon to complete her goals. She's not evil... I think.
A vaguely evilish smirk would do the job. By the way did you see the 4-koma? Ryo's flirting with Kyon-chan before he slits her throat with the sword.
(A SIN!)

Consider it an application of human traits he's learned over the course of interacting with other guys in the class. And it gives Kyon-chan some time to think of something witty to say about how the first guy to flirt with her will be her last.
__________________

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 12:45   Link #787
Shinn87
Death
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
I humbly request that Asakura Ryo utters the phrase JUST AS PLANNED after he lures Kyon-ko somewhere in the rewrite =D
__________________
Shinn87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 12:45   Link #788
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn87 View Post
I humbly request that Asakura Ryo utters the phrase JUST AS PLANNED after he lures Kyon-ko somewhere in the rewrite =D
We'll put it under consideration.
__________________

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 12:46   Link #789
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by toran View Post
Well, you could have him have the feeling of being watched at odd times. Maybe even have Asakura interact more with Kyon than she does in Cannon.

DJ_Rockman: Ummm. I don't think you'd have to give Asakura a sinister look. I don't think she's really programmed to do it. Anyway, I just can't see that kind of look on his face. (Blah the pronouns are killing me)
In Cannon, when Asakura tried to kill Kyon, she really didn't have a sinister look. It looked more like determination than sinister. Plus, she is more than happy to kill Kyon to complete her goals. She's not evil... I think.
Asakura is... for lack of a better description, programmed to do the things she did, and she did not evolve as much as Yuki did. Not that evolving is necessarily a good thing, as Vol.04 showed us.

Lacking emotions, Asakura is capable of acting human but is unable to be human in her thoughts and motives. Killing Kyon was a merely a means to the end for her, as she was supposed to observe the data bursts from Haruhi, and killing Kyon would have, might have, greatly facilitated that.

So no... she's not evil, just inhuman.

Cheers.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 12:48   Link #790
Wind Tempest
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Well we don't want to give away Asakura's identity too early. Which may happen if he is introduced in the shadows here. The entire journey back to Kyonko's place with Yuuki could be done mostly in Kyonko's mind like a internal monologue thinking about what happened and possible feeling of Yuuki?
Wind Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 12:55   Link #791
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Asakura is... for lack of a better description, programmed to do the things she did, and she did not evolve as much as Yuki did. Not that evolving is necessarily a good thing, as Vol.04 showed us.

Lacking emotions, Asakura is capable of acting human but is unable to be human in her thoughts and motives. Killing Kyon was a merely a means to the end for her, as she was supposed to observe the data bursts from Haruhi, and killing Kyon would have, might have, greatly facilitated that.

So no... she's not evil, just inhuman.

Cheers.
Nyargh. Male Asakura is a different beast. He's interacted and evolved differently than the original female Asakura, and has picked up on some things regarding what it is to be a teenage human male.

And I actually believe the Asakuras to hold more potential for evolution in the human interaction department than the Nagatos on the sheer fact that they actually interacted with people. The Kyons merely had a greater impact on the Nagatos than normal humans did on the Asakuras, but that could also be attributed to the amount of time and interaction they've had together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Tempest View Post
Well we don't want to give away Asakura's identity too early. Which may happen if he is introduced in the shadows here. The entire journey back to Kyonko's place with Yuuki could be done mostly in Kyonko's mind like a internal monologue thinking about what happened and possible feeling of Yuuki?
Well the Asakura foreshadowing scenario came from the whole discussion of how Kyon-chan should go home. We got suggestions that Yuuki escort her home, but others saw no real danger in Kyon-chan walking home alone. So we came up with an actual threat, which also serves as a light dose of foreshadowing. Remember that Kyon-chan still knows nothing at this point.
__________________

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 13:31   Link #792
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Wow. You guys are something else. Exactly how many of you came over from the Nanoha board?

Kaisos is gonna have fun putting all these ideas together.
I am indeed.

If dkellis could periodically post what's been written already, that'd be really helpful.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 13:32   Link #793
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tokyo 3, Japan
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Wow. You guys are something else. Exactly how many of you came over from the Nanoha board?

Kaisos is gonna have fun putting all these ideas together.
I be another from the Nanoha Outer Cadia . This thread is almost like the one we frequent...except with much, much, much shorter posts
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 13:36   Link #794
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
I be another from the Nanoha Outer Cadia . This thread is almost like the one we frequent...except with much, much, much shorter posts
Can I tout this thread as superior then? Or shall I wait until the post count is more deserving of pride-laden manly tears?

Where you at Kaisos? And dkellis, if you could fulfill Kaisos's request to periodically bring up a compilation of rewrites so far, I could also modify the first post for easier access later.
__________________

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 13:38   Link #795
Wind Tempest
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX
Well the Asakura foreshadowing scenario came from the whole discussion of how Kyon-chan should go home. We got suggestions that Yuuki escort her home, but others saw no real danger in Kyon-chan walking home alone. So we came up with an actual threat, which also serves as a light dose of foreshadowing. Remember that Kyon-chan still knows nothing at this point.
Well, the threat of walking home at night alone is the threat of the unknown. Kyonko would be afraid because she doesn't know if someone would attack her. Even without Asakura stalking her the threat would still be there. It would make plenty of sense for Yuuki to walk with her just so she would feel safer(and because it was his fault for her to come out at night).

Spoiler for Possible Yuuki escort scenario:
Wind Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 13:42   Link #796
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Tempest View Post
Well, the threat of walking home at night alone is the threat of the unknown. Kyonko would be afraid because she doesn't know if someone would attack her. Even without Asakura stalking her the threat would still be there. It would make plenty of sense for Yuuki to walk with her just so she would feel safer(and because it was his fault for her to come out at night).

Spoiler for Possible Yuuki escort scenario:
Hmm. My take on this one is that Yuuki wouldn't be very understanding of Kyon-chan's irrational fear. He wouldn't be the one volunteering his escort.

I'm also hoping for Kyon-chan's little brother to answer the door since it's late at night, allowing him to make some snarky comments about her returning home with a guy.
__________________

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 13:47   Link #797
Wind Tempest
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Well I remember parts in the novel where Yuki sensed Kyon's emotions for a short bit and acted in response to those. So in my mind Yuuki responding to Kyon's uneasiness made some sense although having Kyonko-Ototo open the door would be quite the spectacle.
Wind Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 13:50   Link #798
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Tempest View Post
Well I remember parts in the novel where Yuki sensed Kyon's emotions for a short bit and acted in response to those. So in my mind Yuuki responding to Kyon's uneasiness made some sense although having Kyonko-Ototo open the door would be quite the spectacle.
Yuki acting in response to Kyon's own emotions are something that came much later I think. And this male Yuuki could probably be much more stoical than the original female Yuki, both for comedy and for badassery purposes.
__________________

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 13:50   Link #799
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tokyo 3, Japan
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Can I tout this thread as superior then? Or shall I wait until the post count is more deserving of pride-laden manly tears?
Mmm...it's getting there with all the backlog that's going on here . No bluechessium or major crack yet, but I think this thread will do well.
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 13:51   Link #800
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Mmm...it's getting there with all the backlog that's going on here . No bluechessium or major crack yet, but I think this thread will do well.
I am unfamiliar with these terms.

And we're all serious business here. I believe that this one is a fan project that shall pierce the heavens.
__________________

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.