AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-22, 13:18   Link #11201
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Toast is toast :3

Btw. I know what people meant when they say "A picture means a thousand words". However... I think THIS EXCEEDS 9000!!!!
Spoiler for OVER 9000!!!!:


This is indeed a picture worth of laughs. Feel free to laugh your ass out.

Last edited by garra113; 2008-07-22 at 14:53.
garra113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 17:34   Link #11202
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The USA
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaoron View Post
how about a Ryou one?
you know? when he corners kyonko, he puts the katana over her mouth and asks "Why so serious?"
...Why do you want to turn Ryou into the Joker?
__________________

General of the Trap Army.


Nekomimi Mode!
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 18:49   Link #11203
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
ITT: Progress=Nonexistant
__________________
Kagedanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 19:22   Link #11204
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Nanao-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by garra113 View Post
Toast is toast :3

Btw. I know what people meant when they say "A picture means a thousand words". However... I think THIS EXCEEDS 9000!!!!
Spoiler for OVER 9000!!!!:


This is indeed a picture worth of laughs. Feel free to laugh your ass out.
I completely and utterly lol'ed (what an odd word Oo) when I saw this picture. I love the smile on Haruki's face. I can just imagaine what Kyonko's face looked like when she saw that. Never though I'd see a picture based on FLCL for The Genderbending of Haruhi Suzumiya.

I'd love to see a full wallpaper made for that picture.
__________________
Nanao-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 04:00   Link #11205
snarf2691
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
hey i was 15 pages into this thread when i thought about how there would be problems with translating some of the girls quirks, ie haruhi, into their male counterparts. im too lazy to search this huge thread if theidea was already brought up, but what if someone did a fanfic where they are all girls, as in kyon, itsuki, taniguchi, etc are genderbent. i dunno, maybe i just want to see some haruhi x kyonko.


edit: or the other way around for you fan girls
snarf2691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 07:04   Link #11206
Johnsenesque
Unlucky Mahjong Master
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Australia
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Johnsenesque
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarf2691 View Post
hey i was 15 pages into this thread when i thought about how there would be problems with translating some of the girls quirks, ie haruhi, into their male counterparts. im too lazy to search this huge thread if theidea was already brought up, but what if someone did a fanfic where they are all girls, as in kyon, itsuki, taniguchi, etc are genderbent. i dunno, maybe i just want to see some haruhi x kyonko.


edit: or the other way around for you fan girls
There's a bunch of writers that actually write out and change the original novels, but anything that doesn't work when the genders are reversed is usually discussed here. For example, the scene where Kyon and Haruhi are trapped in the closed space, and Kyon has to kiss her to escape. Haruhi's reaction the next day didn't make much sense, so Haruki's (which is what we call Haruhi genderbent, FYI) reaction has been changed.

I'm not exactly sure if anyone has written an all-girl fanfic, check Fanfiction.net and see. And yes, Kyonko x Haruhi is smexy.
__________________
"Shang! Haha, I-"
"Pong!"
"Dammit!"

Last edited by Johnsenesque; 2008-07-23 at 07:05. Reason: How the **** do I get spoiler tags to work?
Johnsenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 07:43   Link #11207
Arceon
Rediscovered
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Requiem
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Arceon
Now I'm actually interested in that all male version. . .I mean cynical Kyon and Haruki can't end well. . . .
__________________
Arceon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 09:13   Link #11208
Kogetsu Shirogane
Crackshipper
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mitakihara
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arceon View Post
Now I'm actually interested in that all male version. . .I mean cynical Kyon and Haruki can't end well. . . .
To be honest, I'm actually wondering more how it'd start than how it'd "end"... I mean, one of the main reasons* for Kyon/ko talking to Haru(h/k)i was due to the latter being attractive. Either that can be dropped(which just makes Kyon a glutton for punishment) or it can be turned into one big yaoi-fest(which would solve the problem you brought up)...

* Note that I said "one of," I'm fully aware there were other reasons, so please don't chew me out over this
__________________
Kyouko Sakura and Madoka Kaname, Puella Magi Madoka Magica
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... well at least it's consistent...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 12:03   Link #11209
SetTheTruthFree
S.O.S. Brigade Member 2
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
i'm interesting in the all male one too...yay yaoi
__________________
Every girl will make a wish,
upon a shooting star.
Every wish will be fulfilled,
no matter who they are.
But what happens to the girl,
That never got the chance?
SetTheTruthFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 12:17   Link #11210
otai
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Send a message via MSN to otai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
To be honest, I'm actually wondering more how it'd start than how it'd "end"... I mean, one of the main reasons* for Kyon/ko talking to Haru(h/k)i was due to the latter being attractive. Either that can be dropped(which just makes Kyon a glutton for punishment) or it can be turned into one big yaoi-fest(which would solve the problem you brought up)...

* Note that I said "one of," I'm fully aware there were other reasons, so please don't chew me out over this
Even without yaoi, Kyon might start a friendship with Haruki just because he's bored, thinking what could be the worst this guy could do to another guy. He befriended one weirdo before. It begs the question why Haruki would reciprocate tho.

Frankly, we're in a rut. Even the discussion of yaoi is progress now...
Haruki & Kyon, passive but sarcastic guy having his life changed drasticaly and abruptly; paired with loud, obnoxious but emotionally troubled guy, talk about playing your tropes straight.

I'm interested in whom is uke or seme;as Genshiken noted, its rarely the combo u think is obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsenesque View Post
I'm not exactly sure if anyone has written an all-girl fanfic, check Fanfiction.net and see. And yes, Kyonko x Haruhi is smexy.
FYI, there is one, but it's thin as a sidedish. Pretty good writing tho.
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 13:20   Link #11211
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: GMT+3 hours.
I'm pretty sure there's an all-male version somewhere too. I haven't seen one myself, but, well, there just has to be (not to mention that there are tons of pics)
With all the fangirling the regular Seitenkan causes in quite a few females (obviously including me), it just wouldn't make sense to assume at least one person hasn't picked the idea up and started writing... Of course, then there's the question about quality.

Then again, I wouldn't know. I haven't searched (honestly).

Oh, and no Facepalm Version Four yet; I had to climb up a hill twice today, I don't exactly have the energy to do much now
Puffendahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 17:44   Link #11212
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Psh.. Why all male. That so much on a turndown... Even for me =\. Too much males already in focused men are in that anime already =\ Needs more chicks.
garra113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 17:57   Link #11213
CatzCradle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarf2691 View Post
hey i was 15 pages into this thread when i thought about how there would be problems with translating some of the girls quirks, ie haruhi, into their male counterparts. im too lazy to search this huge thread if theidea was already brought up, but what if someone did a fanfic where they are all girls, as in kyon, itsuki, taniguchi, etc are genderbent. i dunno, maybe i just want to see some haruhi x kyonko.


edit: or the other way around for you fan girls
I third all male SOS-Dan! I have plenty of fanart, but no fanfics. Lol.
__________________

CatzCradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 21:53   Link #11214
Kogetsu Shirogane
Crackshipper
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mitakihara
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
Even without yaoi, Kyon might start a friendship with Haruki just because he's bored, thinking what could be the worst this guy could do to another guy.
In other words... drop the attraction thing... which is what I said was a possibility for this sort of thing to even work...

... oddly enough, I think the yaoi angle would be more amusing, provided it doesn't devolve into a rampant gay orgy within the first three parts...
__________________
Kyouko Sakura and Madoka Kaname, Puella Magi Madoka Magica
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... well at least it's consistent...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 22:16   Link #11215
otai
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Send a message via MSN to otai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
In other words... drop the attraction thing... which is what I said was a possibility for this sort of thing to even work...

... oddly enough, I think the yaoi angle would be more amusing, provided it doesn't devolve into a rampant gay orgy within the first three parts...
Not sexual attraction per se. We could say Kyon was GAHR for Haruki.
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 22:25   Link #11216
CrowKenobi
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: there... just there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
Not sexual attraction per se. We could say Kyon was GAHR for Haruki.
Nope.

I think it would be more like Haruki channeling Kamina with Kyon being his Simon.

Or like Clamp School Detectives without the more shojo-y parts.



If we even need the yaoi or implied yaoi, that's what Koizumi is for...
__________________



CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 22:33   Link #11217
shaoron
AQS representative
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
...Why do you want to turn Ryou into the Joker?
1) for added trauma
2) for t3h lulz
3) cause i'm bored
__________________
I am never gonna say good bye,
never run around is my body, never desert you is my blood
unknown to telling lies, nor known to hurting you
have rolled the rick over nine thousand times
yet never gonna give you up
so as I sing, UNLIMITED RICKROLL WORKS
shaoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 22:44   Link #11218
otai
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Send a message via MSN to otai
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Nope.

I think it would be more like Haruki channeling Kamina with Kyon being his Simon.

Or like Clamp School Detectives without the more shojo-y parts.



If we even need the yaoi or implied yaoi, that's what Koizumi is for...
Kamina is basicaly what GAR means. Not to mention the pointedly ignored subtext by fanboys.
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 07:45   Link #11219
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The USA
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
Kamina is basicaly what GAR means. Not to mention the pointedly ignored subtext by fanboys.
No, Archer is. Kamina just inherited the term. (And expanded upon it.) >_>

X3
__________________

General of the Trap Army.


Nekomimi Mode!

Last edited by Cat Megex; 2008-07-24 at 08:44.
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 09:09   Link #11220
Kogetsu Shirogane
Crackshipper
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mitakihara
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Now now... let's not start up a GAR war... besides, everyone knows that Treize Khushrenada is the ultimate GAR
__________________
Kyouko Sakura and Madoka Kaname, Puella Magi Madoka Magica
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... well at least it's consistent...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.