AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-27, 17:37   Link #12221
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The USA
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I need to read that. Probably going to watch the show too.
Toradora! PV.

__________________

General of the Trap Army.


Nekomimi Mode!
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 19:36   Link #12222
Jintor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Land Down Under
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbrew View Post
Edit: He's also a horrible singer. Not that I'm any better, but do I put my singing on youtube? No, no I don't.
Hey, I do.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 19:53   Link #12223
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Hey, I do.
Link's please. You a girl also?(Gets ready my Kleenex tissues)
garra113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 20:01   Link #12224
PrincessFrani
TsuruyaxMikuru Worshipper
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In a kingdom where I drive everyone insane!!
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Hey, I do.
Just out of curiousity, did you do a fandub of Kyon's Hare Hare Yukai?
PrincessFrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 20:18   Link #12225
beanbrew
Seitenkan's Warmonger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In your cat.
Age: 22
Send a message via AIM to beanbrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Hey, I do.
Well, I kinda do expect professional quality, so...yeah. Never mind. I think I just don't like hearing the songs in English. So yeah... Meh...

@PrincessFrani: Apparently, he did.

beanbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 20:29   Link #12226
PrincessFrani
TsuruyaxMikuru Worshipper
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In a kingdom where I drive everyone insane!!
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbrew View Post
Well, I kinda do expect professional quality, so...yeah. Never mind. I think I just don't like hearing the songs in English. So yeah... Meh...

@PrincessFrani: Apparently, he did.

I knew it was that one! He's very good at singing!
PrincessFrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 20:33   Link #12227
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
Dear Diary,

It's been a while, hasn't it? I meant to write in you sooner, but I've just been so busy as of late... Haruki had us all go to weird deserted island. I guess it must've popped up overnight because he wished for it? But, I cannot believe that guy! You're going to a desert island, a BEACH for crying out loud, and the only thing you can think of is running around looking for mysterious things? Thankfully, itsuki managed to convice him otherwise.

So, Itsuki and I spent most of the time on the beach working on our tan. She looks really nice in sunglasses, did you know that? Haruki was with Mitsuru the entire time throwing around something called an American Football. I don't see what's the point of that, it just makes you all hot and sweaty. Though, Mitsuru would look good with a tan, wouldn't he? He should have joined us.

My stupid brother had to come along. Said something about wanting to build sandpies instead of mudpies. He should really grow up and get cleaner.

Oh, crap! Here he is! I'll write more about this summer later, diary.

Sincerely,
Kyonko
__________________
Kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 20:37   Link #12228
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
OMG KRISTIN is BACK. With his infamous diary journals of Kyon-ko too. WB. Haven't seen one of those posts for a while either =/
garra113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 20:46   Link #12229
vivify93
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 21
Send a message via MSN to vivify93
Quote:
Originally Posted by garra113 View Post
OMG KRISTIN is BACK. With his infamous diary journals of Kyon-ko too. WB. Haven't seen one of those posts for a while either =/
This.

Also, you're finally calling him Mitsuru! Hooray! But now you called Itsuko by her male counterpart's first name... Ah well, small price to pay.

And also, an idea! Someone should make a novelization of "Someday in the Rain." I know someone tried before, but it was really script-y.

See, that one show about four chicks who are friends and their journeys through life worked by having Cara (Carrie?) narrate even in scenes she's not in, right? (I wouldn't know; I only watched one episode out of boredom and vowed never to watch it again) We could just say, "By the way, this is what I heard from Nagato-kun/Asahina-senpai about what happened in the clubroom while I was gone: <insert activities' description here>"

Simple, right? Or would it not work that well?
__________________
LONG LIVE THE QUEEN.
vivify93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 20:50   Link #12230
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivify93 View Post
This.

Also, you're finally calling him Mitsuru! Hooray! But now you called Itsuko by her male counterpart's first name... Ah well, small price to pay.

And also, an idea! Someone should make a novelization of "Someday in the Rain." I know someone tried before, but it was really script-y.

See, that one show about four chicks who are friends and their journeys through life worked by having Cara (Carrie?) narrate even in scenes she's not in, right? (I wouldn't know; I only watched one episode out of boredom and vowed never to watch it again) We could just say, "By the way, this is what I heard from Nagato-kun/Asahina-senpai about what happened in the clubroom while I was gone: <insert activities' description here>"

Simple, right? Or would it not work that well?
We can cut the Nagato scenes...

Having Koizumi narrate the part where Kyon is gone would work fine.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 20:57   Link #12231
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by garra113 View Post
OMG KRISTIN is BACK. With his infamous diary journals of Kyon-ko too. WB. Haven't seen one of those posts for a while either =/
Yeah. XD Got the motivation back to start these up again.

I forgot what I used to call all the characters, so I'm going with Mitsuru, Yuuki, Kyonko, Haruki, and Itsuki. XD
__________________
Kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 20:59   Link #12232
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
Yeah. XD Got the motivation back to start these up again.

I forgot what I used to call all the characters, so I'm going with Mitsuru, Yuuki, Kyonko, Haruki, and Itsuki. XD
Official is kinda Mitsuuru, but it depends on how you read it, really.

And WELCOME BACK. YOU WILL SERVE KYONKO WELL. AGAIN.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 21:02   Link #12233
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
XD

As usual, I claim that logical sense, as well as any resemblence to Haruhi's storyline at all, is not guarenteed. XP
__________________
Kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 21:02   Link #12234
DannyCat
Currently Observing.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivify93 View Post
Also, you're finally calling him Mitsuru! Hooray! But now you called Itsuko by her male counterpart's first name... Ah well, small price to pay.
As someone who skims hundreds of pictures off of Pixiv, I'm much more comfortable calling her Itsuki (一姫), as I figure the Japanese have a better grasp on naming conventions than I do.

As far as Mitsuru/Mitsuuru, either-or. Romanization styles are wacky that way.
DannyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 21:07   Link #12235
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyCat View Post
As someone who skims hundreds of pictures off of Pixiv, I'm much more comfortable calling her Itsuki (一姫), as I figure the Japanese have a better grasp on naming conventions than I do.
Although, much like "Haruhiko" it doesn't work at all when romanized...
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 21:10   Link #12236
DannyCat
Currently Observing.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Age: 34
At least "Haruhiko" is visually distinct when written out in English.
DannyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 21:12   Link #12237
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyCat View Post
At least "Haruhiko" is visually distinct when written out in English.
It still looks like they took "Haruhi" an added the "ko" ending, though.

Which is why we use "Haruki". Just as legitimate, really.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 21:20   Link #12238
DannyCat
Currently Observing.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Age: 34
Just because we have so many more people who've heard "using 子 makes a name female" and who aren't familiar with 彦. I've seen just one Japanese 4koma guy using "Haruki" and his stuff came across and got translated first (and then, his website mysteriously disappeared from the internets). Almost nobody else in Japan uses it.

Yes, writing fiction in English, "Haruki" and "Itsuko" make more sense for a readability standpoint. But I'm still more comfortable with the other names.
DannyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 21:24   Link #12239
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyCat View Post
Just because we have so many more people who've heard "using 子 makes a name female" and who aren't familiar with 彦. I've seen just one Japanese 4koma guy using "Haruki" and his stuff came across and got translated first (and then, his website mysteriously disappeared from the internets). Almost nobody else in Japan uses it.

Yes, writing fiction in English, "Haruki" and "Itsuko" make more sense for a readability standpoint. But I'm still more comfortable with the other names.
Are we the Japanese fandom? No we are not. That should be enough, really...
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 21:29   Link #12240
DannyCat
Currently Observing.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Age: 34
It should be. But just pointing out that Kristen's use of "Itsuki" isn't necessarily a usage of the male name.
DannyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.