AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-03-10, 13:53   Link #1261
Eviltape

Made this myself, with the help of Audacity. I mainly wanted to hear the differences, but I succumbed to the weeaboo inside. There are differences in lyrics, so I wonder if someone actually sung this over the instrumental track.

Kyonko & Kyon Hare Hare Yukai duet. 128kbps ABR MP3, Kyonko on the left and Kyon on the right channel.

The singing's actually pretty beautiful, now that I think about it.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G33TD5WY
Eviltape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 14:10   Link #1262
Puffendahl
Ettš koko kokkoko?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviltape View Post
Made this myself, with the help of Audacity. I mainly wanted to hear the differences, but I succumbed to the weeaboo inside. There are differences in lyrics, so I wonder if someone actually sung this over the instrumental track.

Kyonko & Kyon Hare Hare Yukai duet. 128kbps ABR MP3, Kyonko on the left and Kyon on the right channel.

That's pretty cool. I like it ^^

When I first heard this voice for Kyonko, I didn't really know what to think about it. However, after hearing the Hare Hare Yukai used in this version, I grew used to it. Now this is pretty much what I hear when I read Kyonko-lines.

Also, I'd seriously want to see Kyon and Kyonko meet. I wonder what they'd talk about (a certain bothersome and almost omnipotent person, maybe...?)
I guess this version of HHY is the closest I'll get to that wish for now. Thank you for making it.
Puffendahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 14:11   Link #1263
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Random note:

The most obvious sign that I need to take a step back from my obsession over all this is when I find myself plotting the events of the series on a calendar, and marking down certain dates, consistent across every month, where Kyonko is snarkier than usual for a few days.

(Guys, think about that for a while.)

This thought is brought to you by my consideration of why Kyonko was feeling (canonically) depressed at the beginning of Mysterique Sign.
"That was actually quite thought-provoking. Does that violate the forum rules?"
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 14:12   Link #1264
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by NejinOniwa View Post
On that note, the first post is quite behind on links to the newer writejobs...Danchou, can you fix that?
Fixed for ya. Although it'll need to be re-updated soon enough.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 14:15   Link #1265
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
The intro didn't get included :O.

I'm half way done part three. I'm surprised just how insanely long the "short" story was. There's 11 parts to it, it's insane!

@dkellis

Maybe there's a pattern with Haruhi too .

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 14:17   Link #1266
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviltape View Post

The download limit at school is evil and draconian... bah...

In the news this week, I've finished another part of Chapter One. First, though, is a slight edit for one scene.

Spoiler for Haircut:

Now for the fun. I hope I didn't derail Kyon's character too much here...

Spoiler for Chapter One, part 6:

I think I might have overdid Kyon-chan's fangirling over Ryou... tell me what you guys think.

There's another part at the end of this dialogue, but it makes no sense and the anime only included it as an extra scene on the DVD version. Even seeing it animated, it still makes no sense.

Spoiler for original version:

I'm just gonna cut it, but if someone else would like to make sense of this, that'd be great.

And "Find and replace" came in damned useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Random note:

The most obvious sign that I need to take a step back from my obsession over all this is when I find myself plotting the events of the series on a calendar, and marking down certain dates, consistent across every month, where Kyonko is snarkier than usual for a few days.

This thought is brought to you by my consideration of why Kyonko was feeling (canonically) depressed at the beginning of Mysterique Sign.
Can you actually send me this calendar? I could use that...

(In the original canon, Kyon was depressed because he did terribly on his exams. We can keep that as a reason, but yours is funnier.)

Last edited by Kaisos Erranon; 2008-03-10 at 16:00.
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 14:26   Link #1267
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

^ I laughed at the end of chapter six, Kyonko never seems to be lucky does she . She's slowly earning the hate of all her classmates!

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2008-03-10, 14:50   Link #1268
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post
The intro didn't get included :O.
That would be my fault; I didn't see that post the first time around. Well, likely I saw it, but I somehow failed to make note of it.

Edited the post in question, apologies to all involved.

As for the Haruhi-monthly thing, her moodswings tend to be a lot more frequent, and I don't think Tanigawa thought about it that much. If my experience in comic book fandom is any indication, creators just want to tell a story, and it's the domain of fans to be the scarily obsessive ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I think I might have overdid Kyon-chan's fangirling over Ryou... tell me what you guys think.
Tone down the stuttering when Kyonko says something to him, I think. Also, maybe take out the "my prince" part; Kyonko would think that such a thing is too cheesy, so she'd likely choose another way to phrase it. Keep the sentiment, though.

Quote:
There's another part at the end of this dialogue, but it makes no sense and the anime only included it as an extra scene on the DVD version. Even seeing it animated, it still makes no sense.

Spoiler for original version:

I'm just gonna cut it, but if someone else would like to make sense of this, that'd be great.
I interpreted it that Taniguchi and Kunikida assumed that because Haruhi was willing to talk to Kyon, maybe they'd have a chance of turning her into a "normal girl" who won't reject all potential boyfriends. Taniguchi wanted Kyon to put in a good word for himself. In short, they were thinking with their pants.

(From personal experience as a guy, I believe in the truth of a statement a comedian once made: "Ladies, if you knew what we men are thinking all the time, you'd never stop slapping us.")

Translated into genderswap, maybe Taniguchi and Kunikida would be more direct. Or maybe they wouldn't even think of such a thing.

Quote:
Can you actually send me this calendar? I could use that...

(In the original canon, Kyon was depressed because he did terribly on his exams. We can keep that as a reason, but yours is funnier.)
I actually haven't made more than rudimentary progress, since I'm assuming that the events take place in 2009 (from various discussions elsewhere on this forum, based on "three years ago" being 2006).

Most of it is that events in the series aren't tightly-defined for the most part. I mean, Tanabata is obviously fixed, and we can possibly extrapolate from there, but it'll be groundless speculation for the most part.

Also, I get the feeling that if I really go through with this, the female portion of the fanbase would lynch me.
Old 2008-03-10, 14:57   Link #1269
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:

Tone down the stuttering when Kyonko says something to him, I think. Also, maybe take out the "my prince" part; Kyonko would think that such a thing is too cheesy, so she'd likely choose another way to phrase it. Keep the sentiment, though.
Well, she doesn't say it. It's too cheesy, she mentions that.

The stuttering is what makes her moe, though...

Quote:
I actually haven't made more than rudimentary progress, since I'm assuming that the events take place in 2009 (from various discussions elsewhere on this forum, based on "three years ago" being 2006).
2007, actually, if Tanabata actually does take place on a "date some would consider as lucky". 07/07/07.

Though I fail to see why they're still using Windows XP in in 2010... maybe Windows 7 will keep the same interface?
Old 2008-03-10, 15:02   Link #1270
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=1450910 <- That's the missed intro.

Anyways, I don't think Kyonko is really in "love" with Ryou, more like "Why is he talking to me" confusion and hesitation. She's more worried about what would happen if he says something wrong or something like that.

XP is kept because Vista is a demon spawn of technology

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2008-03-10, 15:09   Link #1271
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Quote:
Well, she doesn't say it. It's too cheesy, she mentions that.

The stuttering is what makes her moe, though...
What I meant was mostly the "I wanted to say" part. I don't think Kyonko would even think about wanting to say it; she doesn't seem wired that way, so to speak. So change either "I wanted to say" or "my prince" and it'll be perfect.

I'm torn on the stuttering. On the one hand, I really don't think she'd stutter just by talking to Asakura; she may have a crush on him, but it's likely tempered by her inherent practicality and knowing that she's not likely to get him.

On the other hand, you're right about the moe.

Quote:
2007, actually, if Tanabata actually does take place on a "date some would consider as lucky". 07/07/07.

Though I fail to see why they're still using Windows XP in in 2010... maybe Windows 7 will keep the same interface?
I keep forgetting the exact date. Well, it's not like it matters that much anyway, in terms of the novel.

Possibly it's a "classic" interface, or maybe people really don't want to migrate to Vista.
Old 2008-03-10, 15:13   Link #1272
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=1450910 <- That's the missed intro.

Anyways, I don't think Kyonko is really in "love" with Ryou, more like "Why is he talking to me" confusion and hesitation. She's more worried about what would happen if he says something wrong or something like that.

XP is kept because Vista is a demon spawn of technology
But it was the most advanced computer the Computer Society had.
Old 2008-03-10, 15:21   Link #1273
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

The computer society knows their stuff then . We can go on for this awhile, all about XP vs Vista.

There hasn't been any confirming of Yuki ever actually hanging in the computer society's activities has there?

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2008-03-10, 15:22   Link #1274
FlameSparkZ
Ambiguous Pokerface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Loli View Post
Not sure if anyone answered this but i think its called a loose ponytail, but dont quote me on it
Well, I'm sure everyone understands it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Fresh from sos-dan.com:

I wonder how this scene will be with the genderbending applied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn87 View Post
Not sure if anyone posted this yet:

My new wallpaper wwwwww

Ohhh~ pretty good

Quote:
Random note:

Errr...Talk about being meticulous
Old 2008-03-10, 15:27   Link #1275
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Quote:
The computer society knows their stuff then . We can go on for this awhile, all about XP vs Vista.

There hasn't been any confirming of Yuki ever actually hanging in the computer society's activities has there?
Personally I'm partial to Ubuntu (what? It's easy to use!), but that's probably offtopic.

There has indeed been confirmation of Yuki hanging out in the Computer Society's clubroom, albeit "only once in a while". There may be something mentioned earlier, but somewhere in the middle of Volume 9's prologue, the computer club president mentioned that Yuki wrote her own operating system on a special DIY box in the computer club room.
Old 2008-03-10, 15:28   Link #1276
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
What I meant was mostly the "I wanted to say" part. I don't think Kyonko would even think about wanting to say it; she doesn't seem wired that way, so to speak. So change either "I wanted to say" or "my prince" and it'll be perfect.
What would you suggest?

Also, WHY is no one else making comments about this?
Old 2008-03-10, 15:29   Link #1277
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
What would you suggest?

Also, WHY is no one else making comments about this?
I'll give my comments in a while. Brawl is way too much fun.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 15:31   Link #1278
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

You're too lucky rockman

Finished part three

Spoiler for Remote Island Syndrome Part Three:

Credit To Risa-chan!

Last edited by ClockWorkAngel; 2008-03-11 at 14:52.
Old 2008-03-10, 15:31   Link #1279
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
I'll give my comments in a while. Brawl is way too much fun.
You lucky bastard with your Nintendo Wii and your Brawl... curse my lack of money...

I AM OVERRUN WITH JEALOUSY! *rage*

But yeah, more comments from people would be appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
I wonder how this scene will be with the genderbending applied
"Aaaaah! It's a big bug, Kyon-nee-chan! I hate bugs!"

Okay, Mitsuuru is too cute like that.

Who does he remind me of besides Hani-senpai...
Old 2008-03-10, 15:34   Link #1280
Maruta
ashikawa

Send a message via MSN to Maruta
Quote:
Possibly it's a "classic" interface, or maybe people really don't want to migrate to Vista.
Vista isn't as bad as people make it seem.

and oh hey. long time lurker here. wanted to sign up, but then I realized I'd made an account a long time ago. not sure I'll be posting much, since I can't really do anything besides skim so many pages at a time
Maruta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan