AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-01-10, 21:26   Link #13401
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Nanao-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbrew View Post
I'm surprised that people let others use their laptops. I don't let anyone else touch Rin, let alone use her.
Well, it's my dad's so I wouldn't think he would just refuse.
__________________
Nanao-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 22:05   Link #13402
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbrew View Post
I'm surprised that people let others use their laptops. I don't let anyone else touch Rin, let alone use her.
...Why is it named Rin?
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 00:41   Link #13403
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Canada
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Cause all inanimate objects in which deep love and attachment to deserve a good female name .

The only time you name something male is if its a snow blower / lawn mower and other rare times.

We ought to get back to topic, anything new recently happend?
__________________

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 01:10   Link #13404
beanbrew
Seitenkan's Warmonger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In your cat.
Age: 21
Send a message via AIM to beanbrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
...Why is it named Rin?
She's named after Tohsaka, Natsume, and somewhat after a girl I liked named Linda. Which doesn't quite work but whatever. And not "it", "she".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post
Cause all inanimate objects in which deep love and attachment to deserve a good female name .

The only time you name something male is if its a snow blower / lawn mower and other rare times.

We ought to get back to topic, anything new recently happend?
I consider my desktop male, but he's named Foundation. The only recent happening that I remember is my return, but there was something... I forget what though.
beanbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 01:25   Link #13405
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbrew View Post
She's named after Tohsaka, Natsume, and somewhat after a girl I liked named Linda. Which doesn't quite work but whatever. And not "it", "she".
I was expecting Kokonoe.

Well, my PC is named "Nagato", whereas my laptop is named "Lordgenome", so I have no reason to talk.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 03:43   Link #13406
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post
We ought to get back to topic, anything new recently happened?
I'm actually trying to work on a new Tsuji VN-type project, but no one but Kaisos knows about that yet.
__________________

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 04:07   Link #13407
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
I'm glad I am not quite as broken as others...yet.

If one does not know of said project yet, how is one to help and or fuel a topic on this not yet a year old thread?
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 04:17   Link #13408
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I'm glad I am not quite as broken as others...yet.
Maybe you're already so broken that you don't feel it anymore. That's how I think it is with me at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
If one does not know of said project yet, how is one to help and or fuel a topic on this not yet a year old thread?
It's all part of my plan to gradually attract attention.

But since you're interested already, it's basically the another take on the original concept of Tsuji, whereby Kyonko and the others stumble into the original universe. Just that Kaisos and I are adding a bit more meta angst with the dilemma of them being derived existences, and are having much fun coming up with various BAD ENDS.
__________________

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 04:25   Link #13409
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
But since you're interested already, it's basically the another take on the original concept of Tsuji, whereby Kyonko and the others stumble into the original universe. Just that Kaisos and I are adding a bit more meta angst with the dilemma of them being derived existences, and are having much fun coming up with various BAD ENDS.
We were figuring a Nasu-esque route-based game...

One route for each of the girls, a couple of BAD END routes, and a True route.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 04:43   Link #13410
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Do a Key version. That will attract attention plus allows for certain art styles to remain in effect.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 04:45   Link #13411
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Do a Key version. That will attract attention plus allows for certain art styles to remain in effect.
...What exactly would be the difference?

I personally prefer the Type-Moon style of storytelling, but I also prefer Key's kind of graphical interface.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 04:50   Link #13412
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Do a Key version. That will attract attention plus allows for certain art styles to remain in effect.
Angst, not depression. Kaisos and I can't have awesome concepts like ANGRY Yuuki or Haruki's UBW vs Kyon and other batshit insane stuff if we have to allocate time for crying arcs.

Besides, most Key games have at most, like, two important male characters in the same age group. This story ain't really the same in terms of character distribution.
__________________

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 06:55   Link #13413
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Nanao-kun
I've managed to get back all the data I wanted to save. Only thing I couldn't save were my doujins oddly.

On topic though, I wouldn't mind seeing a Key style version.
__________________
Nanao-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 07:19   Link #13414
Arceon
Rediscovered
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Requiem
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Arceon
Hey a Key version wouldn't be so bad. . .or at least maybe a Key-esque ROUTE.

It'd certainly be interesting considering the popularity of KEY stuff. . .as you can already see. . .
__________________
Arceon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 07:52   Link #13415
dkellis
illusion control
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Age: 31
Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
I'm not sure if it's a Key thing or a bishoujo game thing in general, but there's usually a Cute Oddly-Shaped Baaaaaby Animal or something. Piro, Potato, and whatever that boar thing from Clannad was called. I suppose in this case, Shamisen would do.

Who's going to be the viewpoint character? Kyon or Kyonko?
__________________
Damien Kellis (LJ)(anime blog)
The Genderswap Archive Of Haruhi Suzumiya
The Seitenkan FAQ of Haruhi Suzumiya
"That was actually quite thought-provoking. Does that violate the forum rules?"
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 08:01   Link #13416
beanbrew
Seitenkan's Warmonger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In your cat.
Age: 21
Send a message via AIM to beanbrew
Kyonko might work better, since we have more characterization leeway.
beanbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 10:02   Link #13417
otai
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Send a message via MSN to otai
Wait, did the masses just cry out that they prefer a romantic comedy instead of a dramatic action/adventure story? Hollywood has been blowing millions on Michael Bay films for nothing. :P

Why can't we do both and combine them? I'm sure a masterpiece at the level of the Ultra-Director's work: The Adventures of Asahina Mikuru; can be achieved.
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 10:11   Link #13418
dkellis
illusion control
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Age: 31
Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Romantic comedies are a major staple of Hollywood anyway, as well as romances and comedies taken separately.

When I was trying it out for myself, I think the problems I faced were manifold: for example, there were too many characters to be introduced all at once, and I never did decide where in the theoretical timeline the story would be set.

More importantly, though, I suck at writing romance, comedy or otherwise, due to an obvious lack of experience. At least, experience not gained entirely from fiction, and since I kind of need to know how the Real Thing is supposed to work before I can skewer the fictional tropes, I've been hoping that Someone Else will be working on the actual text, so I can learn at their feet.
__________________
Damien Kellis (LJ)(anime blog)
The Genderswap Archive Of Haruhi Suzumiya
The Seitenkan FAQ of Haruhi Suzumiya
"That was actually quite thought-provoking. Does that violate the forum rules?"
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 11:20   Link #13419
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariNiwa View Post
On topic though, I wouldn't mind seeing a Key style version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arceon View Post
Hey a Key version wouldn't be so bad. . .or at least maybe a Key-esque ROUTE.

It'd certainly be interesting considering the popularity of KEY stuff. . .as you can already see. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
I'm not sure if it's a Key thing or a bishoujo game thing in general, but there's usually a Cute Oddly-Shaped Baaaaaby Animal or something. Piro, Potato, and whatever that boar thing from Clannad was called. I suppose in this case, Shamisen would do.
So many votes for a Key version/route... I guess I'll have to think of something for you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Who's going to be the viewpoint character? Kyon or Kyonko?
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbrew View Post
Kyonko might work better, since we have more characterization leeway.
Well the current idea that's being worked on is primarily Kyon's POV, with shifts to Kyonko's POV depending on if things need to be revealed on the Seitenkan side without Kyon's knowing.

Methinks a primarily Kyonko POV story would either be for a Key-ish scenario/game, or maybe something like a set of separate Otome routes. We'd have to keep those apart from Kyon's route set, which we've already totaled to about like, 9 or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
Wait, did the masses just cry out that they prefer a romantic comedy instead of a dramatic action/adventure story? Hollywood has been blowing millions on Michael Bay films for nothing. :P

Why can't we do both and combine them? I'm sure a masterpiece at the level of the Ultra-Director's work: The Adventures of Asahina Mikuru; can be achieved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Romantic comedies are a major staple of Hollywood anyway, as well as romances and comedies taken separately.

When I was trying it out for myself, I think the problems I faced were manifold: for example, there were too many characters to be introduced all at once, and I never did decide where in the theoretical timeline the story would be set.

More importantly, though, I suck at writing romance, comedy or otherwise, due to an obvious lack of experience. At least, experience not gained entirely from fiction, and since I kind of need to know how the Real Thing is supposed to work before I can skewer the fictional tropes, I've been hoping that Someone Else will be working on the actual text, so I can learn at their feet.
You can have a romance comedy be a part of or the sequel to our utterly contrived Haruhax GOOD END.
__________________

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 11:53   Link #13420
otai
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Send a message via MSN to otai
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Romantic comedies are a major staple of Hollywood anyway, as well as romances and comedies taken separately.

When I was trying it out for myself, I think the problems I faced were manifold: for example, there were too many characters to be introduced all at once, and I never did decide where in the theoretical timeline the story would be set.

More importantly, though, I suck at writing romance, comedy or otherwise, due to an obvious lack of experience. At least, experience not gained entirely from fiction, and since I kind of need to know how the Real Thing is supposed to work before I can skewer the fictional tropes, I've been hoping that Someone Else will be working on the actual text, so I can learn at their feet.
Imagine a Hollywood exec thinking; "why are we buying enough explosives for Mike Bay to start WW3, when we can make as much money filming 2 people kissing?"

Anime is a source of very unrealistic romantic fiction; but RL is a source of very bland romantic fiction. It's just the haze of lovesick nostalgia that adds narrativium to elevate a simple blind date into a meet-cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
You can have a romance comedy be a part of or the sequel to our utterly contrived Haruhax GOOD END.
Perhaps a Tomoyo~After style eroge?
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.