AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-05-08, 02:45   Link #15181
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Hm... what are we going to do about BGMs? OST tracks, random public domain stuff or original compositions?
All of the above, but I like the latter best.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 03:47   Link #15182
Jintor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Land Down Under
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Anyway, I finished the second part of Day 0, and also the Interlude at the very end, mostly out of boredom.

Spoiler for September the First, Day 0, Universe 1: Morning- The End of Eight:


I don't think it sounds enough like Kyon though, but I'm relatively satisfied.

Spoiler for September the First, Day Zero, Universe 1: Interlude- Dark People in a Dark Room:
Yessssssssssssss. I'll get right on it.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 05:46   Link #15183
Jintor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Land Down Under
Age: 23
Spoiler for September the First, Day 0, Universe 1: Morning- The End of Eight:


Only needed minor edits. I don't know what you're talking about, Kaisos.

Spoiler for September the First, Day Zero, Universe 1: Interlude- Dark People in a Dark Room:


Hmmm. I'm beginning to wonder that if, given sufficient direction, I could write a few of these scenes myself. It would certainly speed up production time.

Last edited by Jintor; 2009-05-15 at 06:30.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 05:49   Link #15184
dkellis
illusion control
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Age: 31
Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Spoiler for I have K-On on the brain:


EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyaKyoto View Post
The Fanclub of Yuuki Nagato [Part 1]
Written by dkellis
Audio Drama by ShinyaKyoto
Oh wow. Awesome.
__________________
Damien Kellis (LJ)(anime blog)
The Genderswap Archive Of Haruhi Suzumiya
The Seitenkan FAQ of Haruhi Suzumiya
"That was actually quite thought-provoking. Does that violate the forum rules?"
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 06:01   Link #15185
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Otonokizaka
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
I AM NOW SOMEWHAT DERAILING THE THREAD BECAUSE I WAS TECHNICALLY TOLD I COULD! . . . SORT OF!
Spoiler for Samurai Kyonko discussion type stuff, ignore if you want.:

No, I'm not sure what the point in doing this is. I'm just very bored.
__________________
Ryuko Matoi, Kill la Kill
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... that's... not a doughnut...

Last edited by Kogetsu Shirogane; 2009-05-08 at 06:39.
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 07:31   Link #15186
ijuinkun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Spoiler for I have K-On on the brain:

Hmmm, genderbent Sound Around?

I guess the instruments in the future are all synthesizers or something instead of acoustic.
ijuinkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 07:39   Link #15187
Binjovi
Artist
 
Join Date: May 2009
Send a message via AIM to Binjovi Send a message via Skype™ to Binjovi
A little doodle before I go to sleep. Just a concept. Please advise.

Binjovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 08:09   Link #15188
Jintor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Land Down Under
Age: 23
...brilliant.

If it's possible to just give me the background, I'll go ahead and paint it, mayhaps.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 08:12   Link #15189
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
I love the smell of progress in the morning.
__________________

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 08:23   Link #15190
Jintor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Land Down Under
Age: 23
Find us an engine, Danchou.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 08:32   Link #15191
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Didn't I already mention that I've been using Ren'Py?
__________________

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 08:43   Link #15192
Jintor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Land Down Under
Age: 23
Probably. Now tell me what that is.

And I wonder what I can clumsily attempt to write without upsetting Kaisos's grand scheme...
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 08:45   Link #15193
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Probably. Now tell me what that is.
Google it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
And I wonder what I can clumsily attempt to write without upsetting Kaisos's grand scheme...
Just look at the archive post and take your pick.
__________________

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 08:47   Link #15194
Jintor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Land Down Under
Age: 23
Lazy Danchou is Lazy. : <
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 08:47   Link #15195
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
I'm off to class in a little bit. Of course I'm in a bit of a rush.
__________________

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 09:00   Link #15196
Aebliss
Story Master
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
[QUOTE=dkellis;2383715]
Spoiler for I have K-On on the brain:


Nice. I especially like the bit of cultural snobbery by Asahina, which is promptly punished by karma in the form of Haruki. But isn't Mitsuuru even smaller than Kyonko ...? Still, Kyonko on bass sounds like fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
I AM NOW SOMEWHAT DERAILING THE THREAD BECAUSE I WAS TECHNICALLY TOLD I COULD! . . . SORT OF!
Anyway, Iíve mostly just been passing ideas around in my head since this first came up, and this is what Iíve come up with so far.
Yay, awesomeness! I've been hoping for some creative chatter ever since I put up the alternative possibilities for Kyonko, and here it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane
Spoiler:
Samurai Kyonko and Yuuki could just accept each other's presence: they'd both be highly organized, self-sufficient characters. They're capable of working together to their mutual benefit, or they can go their own way. No harm, no foul.
A nasty little twist for Taniguchi ... If Taniguchi ever acted a little too flirty with some guy who wasn't prepared to take 'no' for an answer, and Kyonko ended up saving her by kicking said guy's butt ... Would Taniguchi start to idolize her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane
Spoiler:
Re: Mitsuuru: That made me laugh. ^^ And now I'm envisioning Mitsuuru crying to Tsuruya that "After Haruki made me wear a maid uniform during the SOS-dan meeting, I thought I could finally go home. But then Kyon-chan dragged me to the kendo club room and made me spar with her until I couldn't move anymore! Save me! I'm going to die before I become any manlier!"
Re: Taniguchi: See my previous little twist. If Taniguchi -- for whatever reason -- finds a newfound respect and appreciation for Kyonko and starts to act friendly, wouldn't it mess with Samurai Kyonko's thought process? "How I wish to punch her ... But it is dishonourable to strike someone for trying to be a friend. What? No, not karaoke! Why do you want to go shopping for clothes? Let go of me? Kunikida, you traitor, don't help her drag me away! I have a hakama, I'm fine without summer dresses! Help!"
Re: Haruki: If Haruki used to be in the kendo club but stopped coming, perhaps Kyonko could demand he spar with her so their skills don't get rusty, now that they're both in the SOS-dan. They could work off some of that sexual frustration by matching wills and skills, which could also bring them closer together as they learn to respect each other's abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane
Spoiler:
Awesome stuff ... If you ever decide to write this out, I want to see it. ^^ I really do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane
I suppose that if anyone can come up with a decent personality for the canonical kendo club member, she could be included somewhere as well. After all, it would make sense to include her. [/SPOILER]
No, I'm not sure what the point in doing this is. I'm just very bored.
Having fun with it isn't a good enough reason? ^^ It's why I joined in with this thread.
As for a personality for the canonical kendo club member ... How about someone who is reasonably skilled in kendo, like Kyonko, but more in touch with modern culture? She respects Kyonko's focus, but is a little worried about the fact that she focuses on swordplay and the ancient codes of conduct so absolutely. There could be a few scenes of them sparring and talking, with the canonical kendo club member suggesting they go do something afterwards "for fun", with Kyonko politely refusing, citing "other responsibilities". The other girl suggests Kyonko needs to find some activities that allow her to be a part of modern society.
When Kyonko is, regardless how, enlisted into the SOS-dan, the canonical kendo club member could drop by from time to time to watch what happens (or she and Kyonko could talk about it during lunch), and she'd then say to Kyonko that she's happy she finally found something fun and whimsical to do. Cue the "Kyonko's stunned"-look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binjovi View Post
Spoiler:
Beautiful. I love it. ^^
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 09:40   Link #15197
Jintor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Land Down Under
Age: 23
I might rewrite the Poker scene, since it already has a basis for me to work off.

Spoiler for September the First, Day 0, Universe 1 - Clubroom Poker:


Any problems or foreshadowing you want to introduce, I'll add them in.

Last edited by Jintor; 2009-05-10 at 20:33.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 11:16   Link #15198
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Otonokizaka
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binjovi View Post
A little doodle before I go to sleep. Just a concept. Please advise.

*snip*
I honestly can't remember ever seeing her this adorable. Nice work there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aebliss View Post
Yay, awesomeness! I've been hoping for some creative chatter ever since I put up the alternative possibilities for Kyonko, and here it is!
What can I say, I haven't been this fired up over something for quite a while now

Quote:
Samurai Kyonko and Yuuki could just accept each other's presence: they'd both be highly organized, self-sufficient characters. They're capable of working together to their mutual benefit, or they can go their own way. No harm, no foul.
A nasty little twist for Taniguchi ... If Taniguchi ever acted a little too flirty with some guy who wasn't prepared to take 'no' for an answer, and Kyonko ended up saving her by kicking said guy's butt ... Would Taniguchi start to idolize her?
The Yuuki thing works. The twist for Taniguchi sounds like it'd be fun, but I'd have to think of a way to either stretch it out into its own story or work it into something else before I could do anything with it

Quote:
Re: Mitsuuru: That made me laugh. ^^ And now I'm envisioning Mitsuuru crying to Tsuruya that "After Haruki made me wear a maid uniform during the SOS-dan meeting, I thought I could finally go home. But then Kyon-chan dragged me to the kendo club room and made me spar with her until I couldn't move anymore! Save me! I'm going to die before I become any manlier!"
Poor, poor Mitsuuru

To be honest, I'm really wanting to write up a brief "training session" between the two now... which would basically amount to Kyonko beating him like a piŮata

Quote:
Re: Taniguchi: See my previous little twist. If Taniguchi -- for whatever reason -- finds a newfound respect and appreciation for Kyonko and starts to act friendly, wouldn't it mess with Samurai Kyonko's thought process? "How I wish to punch her ... But it is dishonourable to strike someone for trying to be a friend. What? No, not karaoke! Why do you want to go shopping for clothes? Let go of me? Kunikida, you traitor, don't help her drag me away! I have a hakama, I'm fine without summer dresses! Help!"
... Seriously, this sounds like it'd be fun

Quote:
Re: Haruki: If Haruki used to be in the kendo club but stopped coming, perhaps Kyonko could demand he spar with her so their skills don't get rusty, now that they're both in the SOS-dan. They could work off some of that sexual frustration by matching wills and skills, which could also bring them closer together as they learn to respect each other's abilities.
I'm sure he'd suggest working it out more... directly at some point. Which would most likely lead to him being hit.

Quote:
Awesome stuff ... If you ever decide to write this out, I want to see it. ^^ I really do.
This is the part I put the most thought into, as I really wanted to visualize how the scene would play out with Kyonko actually fighting back. And honestly, that's the reason I'm so interested in this idea in the first place

Quote:
Having fun with it isn't a good enough reason? ^^ It's why I joined in with this thread.
As for a personality for the canonical kendo club member ... How about someone who is reasonably skilled in kendo, like Kyonko, but more in touch with modern culture? She respects Kyonko's focus, but is a little worried about the fact that she focuses on swordplay and the ancient codes of conduct so absolutely.
So Matsu thinks Kyonko acts too rigid, and probably needs to loosen up a bit. I can work with that...

Quote:
There could be a few scenes of them sparring and talking, with the canonical kendo club member suggesting they go do something afterwards "for fun", with Kyonko politely refusing, citing "other responsibilities". The other girl suggests Kyonko needs to find some activities that allow her to be a part of modern society.
I kinda like the idea of expanding her friend base outside of just Taniguchi+Kunikida and the Brigade. This could work nicely.

Quote:
When Kyonko is, regardless how, enlisted into the SOS-dan, the canonical kendo club member could drop by from time to time to watch what happens (or she and Kyonko could talk about it during lunch), and she'd then say to Kyonko that she's happy she finally found something fun and whimsical to do. Cue the "Kyonko's stunned"-look.
Given the usual interpretation of the rest of original-Matsushiro's brief description in that seating chart(the part about having fun by inquiring into the relationship of Goto and Toyohara), I think it'd be hilarious if she happened to visit during one of Itsuko's flirting attempts.
__________________
Ryuko Matoi, Kill la Kill
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... that's... not a doughnut...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 14:21   Link #15199
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Probably. Now tell me what that is.

And I wonder what I can clumsily attempt to write without upsetting Kaisos's grand scheme...
I want to write the first week, at the least, to set everything up.

The individual routes... well, I really don't want to write the romantic fluff in the Alien or Time Traveler routes, and Time Traveler requires someone a little crazier than I am anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binjovi View Post
A little doodle before I go to sleep. Just a concept. Please advise.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

AWESOME

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF


This is pretty much exactly what I envisioned. I love you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
I might rewrite the Poker scene, since it already has a basis for me to work off.

*snip*

Any problems or foreshadowing you want to introduce, I'll add them in.
That's awesome. The original mentions where Haruhi went, however, which is important... and I need to have Kyon worrying about alternate versions of himself a bit more, which of course segues into the story we have here.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 14:51   Link #15200
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The USA
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
I AM NOW SOMEWHAT DERAILING THE THREAD BECAUSE I WAS TECHNICALLY TOLD I COULD! . . . SORT OF!
Spoiler for Samurai Kyonko discussion type stuff, ignore if you want.:

No, I'm not sure what the point in doing this is. I'm just very bored.
Sounds good; looking forward to more stuff involving Samurai Kyonko.
__________________

General of the Trap Army.


Nekomimi Mode!
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.