AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-07-31, 21:20   Link #18041
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

It would make sense that Kyonko would figure it out pretty quickly. She was already made pretty suspicious by the encounter with Taniguchi and Kunikida. Then she's shut into the alt universes SOS dan club room and finds brigade members in a photo that seem the same except their genders have been swapped.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 21:31   Link #18042
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
So, 22. But what the hell was that with the greentext?
Youjo youjo tsurupeta youjo!

Quote:
But, eh, what is the Newtype Flash thing? (just curiosity)
This effect. It originated in Gundam, and sounds like this.

I'm sure Danchou can explain it better.

Quote:
Hummm, I gues the billboard is not going to be show right? But if would, I am curious, would we use anime or novel version (with or without Imouto)?
Novel version. Anime version means a different count for E8, which will be a plot point. >_>

Quote:
This *ZZZZZZZZT* is for the tv turning off right?
Yeah, it's just a quick scene transition for moments like this.

Quote:
Oh, yeah, I Kyon considered cute?
"Eyes_____ very _____ pretty", according to Kuyoh of all people, so yeah, I'd say most girls would find him cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
Heh, she called Koizumi "very pretty" and Kyon "cute". Once that sinks in, I think she'll experience some mental trauma.
Probably, yeah.

Quote:
Also Kaisos, I noticed you got another bar on the old reputation. Congrats.
Thanks a lot, yeah. Helps when you have people with huge amounts of rep repping you. (Thanks to that person, by the way.)
Old 2009-07-31, 21:41   Link #18043
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Oh, yeah, I Kyon considered cute?
Haruhi seems to find him decent enough.

It's not going to be blatantly focused on since Kyon is the POV narrator and is not an egomaniac or concerned about his appearance.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 21:43   Link #18044
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Haruhi seems to find him decent enough.

It's not going to be blatantly focused on since Kyon is the POV narrator and is not an egomaniac or concerned about his appearance.
Kyon also seems to have girls flinging themselves at him left and right, for that matter.

I remember one doujin I found that blamed 'pheremones'.

"WHY ARE YOU TAKING YOUR CLOTHES OFF!?"
Old 2009-07-31, 21:45   Link #18045
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I... will don't even try to understand this.

Quote:
This effect. It originated in Gundam, and sounds like this.

I'm sure Danchou can explain it better.
No, I get it. Can visualize pretty well now.

Quote:
Novel version. Anime version means a different count for E8, which will be a plot point. >_>
lol. So, have the anime fucked up with your plans?

Quote:
Yeah, it's just a quick scene transition for moments like this.
I see. You use a different "sound" every time (probably bacuse it is just letter used at randm). "F"s Z"s e "T"s are for the turning of while the "Ksssss" is for the static right?

Quote:
"Eyes_____ very _____ pretty", according to Kuyoh of all people, so yeah, I'd say most girls would find him cute.
Eh is she reliable for this kind of thing? Maybe Kyon is just actrative for 'aliens' or something. Anyway, I just remembered he have won a moe contest on Korea, so I guess you are right.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 21:47   Link #18046
wittyusername
GRADE 8 NIGHTMARE VORTEX

Quote:
I... will don't even try to understand this.
This might be of assistance.
wittyusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 22:20   Link #18047
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittyusername View Post
A flat chest is a STATUS symbol! Extremely rare and VALUABLE!

I'd like to reiterate that I am not a pedophile.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 22:41   Link #18048
Heatth

Quote:
So the green text is a flatchested girl. All make sense now! The green text is Konata!
Old 2009-07-31, 23:44   Link #18049
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
lol. So, have the anime fucked up with your plans?
It helped us come up with something 'good', actually.

Spoiler for September the Fourth, Day 3, Universe 1: Classroom- The Dance Begins:

Last part for today.

When I began this, I didn't think that DebtSlave would be so important, but I kinda guess it is now...

Last edited by Kaisos Erranon; 2009-08-01 at 03:52.
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 00:23   Link #18050
Binjovi
Artist

Send a message via AIM to Binjovi Send a message via Skype™ to Binjovi
Awesome work as usual, Kaisos, but you've got a "You now" that's supposed to be a "You know" in there somewhere.

Quote:
Yeah, but there are many angles to use. This image is the same we are using for now. I guess he talked with you/Danchou about it.
Honestly, I spoke to no one about it. But I wanted to go with what would be the easiest to get completed since I have so many to do for the prologue. By heavily referencing the anime, I should be able to cut down some of the production time. For instance, I can hand one of these images over to someone else for coloring and they don't need to know what I was thinking as I drew it. They can just look at the reference I used and, essentially, copy it. Also, not all of the CGs will be so close to the anime, but some of them will. The cricket is another that will probably look very similar. The two classroom scenes will be a bit different. Actually, I had done some work on the first classroom image a while back. I don't think I posted what I had done on that...

Spoiler for large image:

Eventually, those brown lines will be removed, but for now they are my sketch. The desks in the room have been problematic so far. This is only because there are so many and they're kind of intricate. Thus, I've only been working on this one off and on. If anyone thinks they can tackle this image or at least lend a hand, I can send the PSD to them.
Binjovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 00:38   Link #18051
besieger
Fabulous Shadowy Advisor

Quote:
THAT. Just reminds me of wrathlolis and Mojipitan.
besieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 01:07   Link #18052
Iaevuous

Quote:
Heh, she called Koizumi "very pretty" and Kyon "cute". Once that sinks in, I think she'll experience some mental trauma.
I think there's something in the fact that the first thing that leapt to my mind when I read this was about the narrative going off on a tangent into the sunset for no reason whatsoever except to elaborate on genetic sexual attraction. Or perhaps not.

Of course, the first thing that leapt into my mind when Yuuki rattled off their location was how hilarious I'd find it if the list ended with "Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha", so maybe my brain just makes weird connections.
Iaevuous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 02:23   Link #18053
Keahi19

THis is really really neat. I am enjoying it and the effort put into it is wonderful, though is the wiki SOS thing updated completely?
Keahi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 04:47   Link #18054
Heatth

Quote:
It helped us come up with something 'good', actually.
'Good' by comparison? Well, I really hope the pull an awesome (real) Season 2 with disappearance by the time we realese it. I shouldn't be so optmistic though.

Quote:
Spoiler for September the Fourth, Day 3, Universe 1: Classroom- The Dance Begins:

Last part for today.

When I began this, I didn't think that DebtSlave would be so important, but I kinda guess it is now...
'Important' how? It is just new scenes and it is ended now right? It don't eve give you points with any girl or something like that. Not saying it is a waste. I like the way it is now, having new content acording.

Heh, this time a liked Yuki. It was just for a while, but she is good here.

But I didn't understand, why Yuuki and Kyonko come back to the school? Why not run outside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binjovi View Post
Awesome work as usual, Kaisos, but you've got a "You now" that's supposed to be a "You know" in there somewhere.

Honestly, I spoke to no one about it. But I wanted to go with what would be the easiest to get completed since I have so many to do for the prologue. By heavily referencing the anime, I should be able to cut down some of the production time. For instance, I can hand one of these images over to someone else for coloring and they don't need to know what I was thinking as I drew it. They can just look at the reference I used and, essentially, copy it. Also, not all of the CGs will be so close to the anime, but some of them will. The cricket is another that will probably look very similar. The two classroom scenes will be a bit different. Actually, I had done some work on the first classroom image a while back. I don't think I posted what I had done on that...

Spoiler for large image:

Eventually, those brown lines will be removed, but for now they are my sketch. The desks in the room have been problematic so far. This is only because there are so many and they're kind of intricate. Thus, I've only been working on this one off and on. If anyone thinks they can tackle this image or at least lend a hand, I can send the PSD to them.
So it is a coincidence you image be the same as the screenshot. There was some people saying they could help. Selofain in particular, she said she is skilled with photoshop but can't reall draw so I guess she could do this. (she also did some good static images).

The image itself is very good (very good drawing and painting). But the angle is strange. If this is for the CGs, it do not show Haruhi face. If is for the actuall background, it is not from Kyon's pov.
Old 2009-08-01, 05:00   Link #18055
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
But I didn't understand, why Yuuki and Kyonko come back to the school? Why not run outside?
That'll be addressed next scene, but it mostly has to do with the idea that they don't want to go too far from the school when they slide back, and also that Yuuki's short-range scanning ability is borking up for 'some reason'.
Old 2009-08-01, 05:35   Link #18056
Binjovi
Artist

Send a message via AIM to Binjovi Send a message via Skype™ to Binjovi
Quote:
The image itself is very good (very good drawing and painting). But the angle is strange. If this is for the CGs, it do not show Haruhi face. If is for the actuall background, it is not from Kyon's pov.
The classroom image is the first CG, and will have Haruhi standing pretty much right in the center of it. Her back will be towards the camera and you won't see her face. I did it this way on purpose. If each of the girls is going to have a nice, big CG for the first time Kyon sees them, then there shouldn't be a big CG of Haruhi before that happens. Same with the others, really. That's also why the Yuki one doesn't focus so much on Yuki, and rather on just the "I am an alien" scene as a whole.
Binjovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 05:50   Link #18057
Keahi19

Uhh I am curious if this is the place that the Kyonko idea originated. I've been searching for it for a little bit and was just wondering if the origin was found or not. Or if it's somewhere else.
Keahi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 06:02   Link #18058
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keahi19 View Post
Uhh I am curious if this is the place that the Kyonko idea originated. I've been searching for it for a little bit and was just wondering if the origin was found or not. Or if it's somewhere else.
It's originated from Japan mainly (I guess, 2chan), and this thread just adopted it. The Japanese and the International version became different in no time.
Old 2009-08-01, 06:05   Link #18059
Heatth

Quote:
That'll be addressed next scene, but it mostly has to do with the idea that they don't want to go too far from the school when they slide back, and also that Yuuki's short-range scanning ability is borking up for 'some reason'.
Well, this is why you shouldn't ask too much before the final thing. I guess you will also explain why Yuuki has his powers even if his boss are not alround anymore right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binjovi View Post
The classroom image is the first CG, and will have Haruhi standing pretty much right in the center of it. Her back will be towards the camera and you won't see her face. I did it this way on purpose. If each of the girls is going to have a nice, big CG for the first time Kyon sees them, then there shouldn't be a big CG of Haruhi before that happens. Same with the others, really. That's also why the Yuki one doesn't focus so much on Yuki, and rather on just the "I am an alien" scene as a whole.
Oh, I see. Make sense, so we are going to see Kyon's face insted. Interesting. Looking this scene again, I realise this one is a lot of work. Too many people (all students and the teacher)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keahi19 View Post
I believe here is the "original" for the english fandom. But the idea appeared first on niconico (a japanese youtube) if I am not mistake.
Old 2009-08-01, 06:44   Link #18060
Jintor

Spoiler for September the Fourth, Day 3, Universe A: Classroom- So Very Unreasonable (II):

Last edited by Jintor; 2009-08-01 at 07:01.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan