AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-26, 18:52   Link #19081
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Unfortunately, Koizumi's psychobabble/pseudo-philosophy is something that I usually struggle at writing - it's one of my biggest challenges when doing Haruhi fanfics. That being said, I'll try to think of something.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 18:53   Link #19082
scify
Sometimes minor editor
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Coast US
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to scify
Well, something that might be prime on the list of things for her to theorize about:

Why could Mitsuuru contact the future while Nagato could not?

I'm trying to work on ideas, but... I have trouble thinking as a Koizumi
__________________
By the book, by hook, by rook,
Shadow takes all, my pet;
My what a strange duet.
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 19:05   Link #19083
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Nanao-kun
Allow me to give a half-hearted attempt. I'm just writing whatever happens to enter my mind. Plus tired.

Itsuko: Previously, we assumed that this world was created by our Suzumiya-san, however this is not the case. As per our observations, it seems that the possibility that this world may be the original world while ours is but a reflection of it is rather high. However, the fact remains that the Suzumiya-san of our world and the Suzumiya-san of this world seem to retain the same powers. Obviously, this raises a few questions. For one, how could the Suzumiya-san here create an alternate version of herself without the knowledge of her own powers? If she was aiming to create an exact yet genderbent replica of herself, our Suzumiya-san would not possess the powers he currently holds. Normally, such a thing could be dismissed with the assumption that our worlds are merely existing in parallel universes; that is, in this world we have the opposite genders, and in ours we don't. Unfortunately, we can not do that. This is due to the fact that our world seems to be collapsing toward this world, which could only happen if our world is an existence held up by this world's Suzumiya-san. Thus, we can assume that eventually, our world will cease to exist if the Suzumiya-san of this world grows to abandon it. Which is why this situation is very much dire; unless we can prevent Suzumiya-san from dropping our existence from her mind, we will cease to exist.

Wait is this really one of Itsuko's theories? It sounds more like a call to arms. Plus there's no psycho-babble or any scientific theories used either, I guess this one is just no good. ┐( -)┌
__________________

Last edited by Nanao-kun; 2009-08-26 at 20:09.
Nanao-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 19:19   Link #19084
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariNiwa View Post
Allow me to give a half-hearted attempt. I'm just writing whatever happens to enter my mind. Plus tired.

- Previously, we assumed that this world was created by our Suzumiya-san, however this is not the case. As per our observations, it seems that the possibility that this world may be the original world while ours is but a reflection of it is rather high. However, the fact remains that the Suzumiya-san of our world and the Suzumiya-san of this world seem to retain the same powers. Obviously, this raises a few questions. For one, how could the Suzumiya-san here create an alternate version of herself without the knowledge of her own powers? If she was aiming to create an exact yet genderbent replica of herself, our Suzumiya-san would not possess the powers he currently holds. Normally, such a thing could be dismissed with the assumption that our worlds are merely existing in parallel universes; that is, in this world we have the opposite genders, and in ours we don't. Unfortunately, we can not do that. This is due to the fact that our world seems to be collapsing toward this world, which could only happen if our world is an existence held up by this world's Suzumiya-san. Thus, we can assume that eventually, our world will cease to exist if the Suzumiya-san of this world grows to abandon it. Which is why this situation is very much dire; unless we can prevent Suzumiya-san from dropping our existence from her mind, we will cease to exist. -

Wait is this really one of Itsuko's theories? It sounds more like a call to arms. Plus there's no psycho-babble or any scientific theories used either, I guess this one is just no good. ┐( -)┌
Actually, it's very good. It reminds me quite a bit of DC's Crisis on Infinite Earths... aahhh, those were the good old days in western comics.

Anyway, your post made me think of two questions that Itsuko could raise...

Can Haruhi create a rock (Haruki, in this case) that she can't lift?

What happens when the irresistable force (Haruhi) meets the immovable object (Haruki)?

Which of the two is ultimately more powerful? That strikes me as something that Itsuko would openly theorize about, and it's a natural extension of your own writing here.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 19:23   Link #19085
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Nanao-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Actually, it's very good. It reminds me quite a bit of DC's Crisis on Infinite Earths... aahhh, those were the good old days in western comics.

Anyway, your post made me think of two questions that Itsuko could raise...

Can Haruhi create a rock (Haruki, in this case) that she can't lift?

What happens when the irresistable force (Haruhi) meets the immovable object (Haruki)?

Which of the two is ultimately more powerful? That strikes me as something that Itsuko would openly theorize about, and it's a natural extension of your own writing here.
Oh, a positive response right off the bat.

Well there is a battle between Haruhi and Haruki in one of the routes, but I don't believe they are both immovable. Rather, the strength of their power seems to come from how much they believe in it. This is why everything around Haruhi isn't changing to her liking every time she thinks because she has common sense; that is, she doesn't actually believe supernatural things will happen around her, even if she wants them.
__________________
Nanao-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 19:47   Link #19086
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pennyslvania
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariNiwa View Post
Allow me to give a half-hearted attempt. I'm just writing whatever happens to enter my mind. Plus tired.

- Previously, we assumed that this world was created by our Suzumiya-san, however this is not the case. As per our observations, it seems that the possibility that this world may be the original world while ours is but a reflection of it is rather high. However, the fact remains that the Suzumiya-san of our world and the Suzumiya-san of this world seem to retain the same powers. Obviously, this raises a few questions. For one, how could the Suzumiya-san here create an alternate version of herself without the knowledge of her own powers? If she was aiming to create an exact yet genderbent replica of herself, our Suzumiya-san would not possess the powers he currently holds. Normally, such a thing could be dismissed with the assumption that our worlds are merely existing in parallel universes; that is, in this world we have the opposite genders, and in ours we don't. Unfortunately, we can not do that. This is due to the fact that our world seems to be collapsing toward this world, which could only happen if our world is an existence held up by this world's Suzumiya-san. Thus, we can assume that eventually, our world will cease to exist if the Suzumiya-san of this world grows to abandon it. Which is why this situation is very much dire; unless we can prevent Suzumiya-san from dropping our existence from her mind, we will cease to exist. -

Wait is this really one of Itsuko's theories? It sounds more like a call to arms. Plus there's no psycho-babble or any scientific theories used either, I guess this one is just no good. ┐( -)┌
But that just raises further questions. (This is half questions from me/ half Itsuko theorizing. But it's good it works both ways.)

Suppose Haruhi managed to create an exact copy of herself (except for the gender) right down to the extent of her powers. Surely this exact copy has the power to sustain his plane of existence on his own.

Also remember that the last time there was a battle among the gods the entire earth was almost destroyed and had to be rebuilt.

(So throw in some apocalypse stuff. It always serves to add tension.)
__________________

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 19:54   Link #19087
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Nanao-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
But that just raises further questions. (This is half questions from me/ half Itsuko theorizing. But it's good it works both ways.)

Suppose Haruhi managed to create an exact copy of herself (except for the gender) right down to the extent of her powers. Surely this exact copy has the power to sustain his plane of existence on his own.

Also remember that the last time there was a battle among the gods the entire earth was almost destroyed and had to be rebuilt.

(So throw in some apocalypse stuff. It always serves to add tension.)
But I don't want to write. ┐( 3)┌

Let's ask Kaisos! ⊂(゚ヮ゚)⊃ Yes Kaisos, I saw you on the active users list.

I hope he uses refresh.
__________________
Nanao-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 20:05   Link #19088
silvita
Code Monkey
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In Azeroth
Send a message via MSN to silvita
ok i know everyone's sick of the discussion about the name thing, and it kinda goes into the whole kyon/ko thing about being antisocial verse being a little more open to and intrested in interpersonal reationships.

This might be just because of the way it's written but kyon rarely if ever talks to anyone other than the brigade, or T&K w/o provaction. He's kinda stand offish and doesn't seem to go around trying to make friends outside of his little bubble, take the haruhi accident as sort of a curiousity killed the cat kind of thing.

you notice that they almost always seem to eat @ kyon's desk, which makes me wonder it might be that taniguchi has such a big mouth that most of the rest of the class avoid him for that reason, kyon just mearly tollerates it because people might think him more strange for not have anyone to talk to @ lunch. The same could be said for kunikaida, he could just be the person that the kyon's eat lunch w/ for no other reason then to not have any prying questions.

So you could reason that Kyon, and thereby we don't know T&K's names is that he simply doesn't care enough to get involved w/ them that closely. Mind you this becomes a problem in the seitieken world because although kyonko is a bit of an ice queen she's not a total snob and cares a bit more for trying to foster reationships.

And to be perfectly honest the kyon's if not put in the situation that they are in aren't that amusing, the only time the deadpan snarker is likeable is when they are put w/ their antiesis where we can laugh as their cool i don't give a crap aditude can be shattered as they are drug/hauled around flailing or in a battle of the wits, cause most of kyon's problems lie in the fact he is ultimatly VERY lazy.

Last edited by silvita; 2009-08-26 at 20:09. Reason: engrish iz hard
silvita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 20:10   Link #19089
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Nanao-kun
Continuing from my previous post on the theory:

Kyonko: I didn't really catch all of that, but if the female Haruki here can support our world, why can't Haruki?

Itsuko: Certainly, that is true. However, consider this; The Suzimiya-san of this world created our Suzumiya-san, giving him the exact same powers as herself. You understand that correct?

Kyonko: Well, I guess...

Itsuko: Then I will continue; as the Suzumiya-san of this world is the one who gave our Suzumiya-san his power, she is the one who is supplying him with those powers in the first place, therefore, if she no longer believes in our existence, our Suzumiya-san will also lose all of his powers, as they are connected to hers.

How about this?
__________________
Nanao-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 20:16   Link #19090
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariNiwa View Post
But I don't want to write. ┐( 3)┌

Let's ask Kaisos! ⊂(゚ヮ゚)⊃ Yes Kaisos, I saw you on the active users list.

I hope he uses refresh.
Stop stalking me.

What do you want to know?
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 20:22   Link #19091
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Nanao-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Stop stalking me.

What do you want to know?
By "ask", I meant "ask him to write it in place of me". Consult swtroopers previous post and the "theory" I wrote (http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=19092).
__________________
Nanao-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 20:24   Link #19092
scify
Sometimes minor editor
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Coast US
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to scify
Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariNiwa View Post
Continuing from my previous post on the theory:

Kyonko: I didn't really catch all of that, but if the female Haruki here can support our world, why can't Haruki?

Itsuko: Certainly, that is true. However, consider this; The Suzimiya-san of this world created our Suzumiya-san, giving him the exact same powers as herself. You understand that correct?

Kyonko: Well, I guess...

Itsuko: Then I will continue; as the Suzumiya-san of this world is the one who gave our Suzumiya-san his power, she is the one who is supplying him with those powers in the first place, therefore, if she no longer believes in our existence, our Suzumiya-san will also lose all of his powers, as they are connected to hers.

How about this?
That sounds very much like what a Koizumi would theorize, and rather matches my vague thoughts on what they'd come up with...
__________________
By the book, by hook, by rook,
Shadow takes all, my pet;
My what a strange duet.
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 20:29   Link #19093
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariNiwa View Post
By "ask", I meant "ask him to write it in place of me". Consult swtroopers previous post and the "theory" I wrote (http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=19092).
Sure, okay.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 20:33   Link #19094
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Nanao-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Sure, okay.
Is my writing any good though? I always have second thoughts about what I write (4 out of 5 on the English AP test be damned).
__________________
Nanao-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 20:38   Link #19095
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Just give me a basis to work with.

And I have second thoughts about what I write too. I've learned to ignore the thoughts that don't matter.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 21:07   Link #19096
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Nanao-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariNiwa View Post
Allow me to give a half-hearted attempt. I'm just writing whatever happens to enter my mind. Plus tired.

Itsuko: Previously, we assumed that this world was created by our Suzumiya-san, however this is not the case. As per our observations, it seems that the possibility that this world may be the original world while ours is but a reflection of it is rather high. However, the fact remains that the Suzumiya-san of our world and the Suzumiya-san of this world seem to retain the same powers. Obviously, this raises a few questions. For one, how could the Suzumiya-san here create an alternate version of herself without the knowledge of her own powers? If she was aiming to create an exact yet genderbent replica of herself, our Suzumiya-san would not possess the powers he currently holds. Normally, such a thing could be dismissed with the assumption that our worlds are merely existing in parallel universes; that is, in this world we have the opposite genders, and in ours we don't. Unfortunately, we can not do that. This is due to the fact that our world seems to be collapsing toward this world, which could only happen if our world is an existence held up by this world's Suzumiya-san. Thus, we can assume that eventually, our world will cease to exist if the Suzumiya-san of this world grows to abandon it. Which is why this situation is very much dire; unless we can prevent Suzumiya-san from dropping our existence from her mind, we will cease to exist.

Wait is this really one of Itsuko's theories? It sounds more like a call to arms. Plus there's no psycho-babble or any scientific theories used either, I guess this one is just no good. ┐( -)┌
Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariNiwa View Post
Continuing from my previous post on the theory:

Kyonko: I didn't really catch all of that, but if the female Haruki here can support our world, why can't Haruki?

Itsuko: Certainly, that is true. However, consider this; The Suzimiya-san of this world created our Suzumiya-san, giving him the exact same powers as herself. You understand that correct?

Kyonko: Well, I guess...

Itsuko: Then I will continue; as the Suzumiya-san of this world is the one who gave our Suzumiya-san his power, she is the one who is supplying him with those powers in the first place, therefore, if she no longer believes in our existence, our Suzumiya-san will also lose all of his powers, as they are connected to hers.

How about this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Actually, it's very good. It reminds me quite a bit of DC's Crisis on Infinite Earths... aahhh, those were the good old days in western comics.

Anyway, your post made me think of two questions that Itsuko could raise...

Can Haruhi create a rock (Haruki, in this case) that she can't lift?

What happens when the irresistable force (Haruhi) meets the immovable object (Haruki)?

Which of the two is ultimately more powerful? That strikes me as something that Itsuko would openly theorize about, and it's a natural extension of your own writing here.


Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
But that just raises further questions. (This is half questions from me/ half Itsuko theorizing. But it's good it works both ways.)

Suppose Haruhi managed to create an exact copy of herself (except for the gender) right down to the extent of her powers. Surely this exact copy has the power to sustain his plane of existence on his own.

Also remember that the last time there was a battle among the gods the entire earth was almost destroyed and had to be rebuilt.

(So throw in some apocalypse stuff. It always serves to add tension.)


Consider everything above this sentence. If you find it adequate, can you write the scene using this as a base?
__________________
Nanao-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 21:19   Link #19097
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
I can use that stuff, but I'd like a bit more.

But if that's all you guys can muster, that's fine. I'll do the rest.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 21:32   Link #19098
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Let me try to add something brief to what HikariNiwa just wrote...


My edit is in bold... followed by my new suggested additions.


Kyonko: I didn't really catch all of that, but if the female Haruki here can support our world, why can't Haruki?

Itsuko: Certainly, that is true. However, consider this; The Suzimiya-san of this world created our Suzumiya-san, giving him the exact same powers as herself. You understand that correct?

Kyonko: Well, I guess...

Itsuko: Then I will continue; as the Suzumiya-san of this world is the one who gave our Suzumiya-san his power, she is the one who is supplying him with those powers in the first place, therefore, if she no longer wishes for him to have powers, then our Suzumiya-san will also lose all of his powers, as they are connected to hers. ...Unless...


Itsuko placed her chin in her left hand for a second, and I could tell that she was straining to properly evaluate all the possibilities that she could discern, as usual.

Kyonko: Yes, please go on.

Itsuko:... Well, there perhaps is a certain unquantifiable chance that the Suzumiya-san of this world is no longer in contact with the power that our Suzumiya-san has, and ergo, is unable to lessen or manipulate those powers from afar. In sharp contrast to what Einstein may expect a being like the Suzumiya-san of this world to do, perhaps that Suzumiya-san has chosen to play dice with our universe, as it is; infusing it and her male copy with immense power, and then allowing it to forever more play out as it will.

Kyonko: I... think that I like this second possibility better. It would mean that our universe is more... independent and self-sufficient, is that correct?

Itsuko: Probably. There are still many undetermined variables that I will need to find a way to account for in order to come to a firmer stance on just what is facing us. For the moment, however, it may be best to prepare for the worst.

I always hate it when Itsuko sounds like that...
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 21:39   Link #19099
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Nanao-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Let me try to add something brief to what HikariNiwa just wrote...


My edit is in bold... followed by my new suggested additions.


Kyonko: I didn't really catch all of that, but if the female Haruki here can support our world, why can't Haruki?

Itsuko: Certainly, that is true. However, consider this; The Suzimiya-san of this world created our Suzumiya-san, giving him the exact same powers as herself. You understand that correct?

Kyonko: Well, I guess...

Itsuko: Then I will continue; as the Suzumiya-san of this world is the one who gave our Suzumiya-san his power, she is the one who is supplying him with those powers in the first place, therefore, if she no longer wishes for him to have powers, then our Suzumiya-san will also lose all of his powers, as they are connected to hers. ...Unless...


Itsuko placed her chin in her left hand for a second, and I could tell that she was straining to properly evaluate all the possibilities that she could discern, as usual.

Kyonko: Yes, please go on.

Itsuko:... Well, there perhaps is a certain unquantifiable chance that the Suzumiya-san of this world is no longer in contact with the power that our Suzumiya-san has, and ergo, is unable to lessen or manipulate those powers from afar. In sharp contrast to what Einstein may expect a being like the Suzumiya-san of this world to do, perhaps that Suzumiya-san has chosen to play dice with our universe, as it is; infusing it and her male copy with immense power, and then allowing it to forever more play out as it will.

Kyonko: I... think that I like this second possibility better. It would mean that our universe is more... independent and self-sufficient, is that correct?

Itsuko: Probably. There are still many undetermined variables that I will need to find a way to account for in order to come to a firmer stance on just what is facing us. For the moment, however, it may be best to prepare for the worst.

I always hate it when Itsuko sounds like that...
Someone finally adds detail to what I wrote, along with another argument that works just as well. I hadn't bothered adding anything else since I'm lazy (ノ゜ー゜)ノ
__________________
Nanao-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 22:07   Link #19100
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariNiwa View Post
Someone finally adds detail to what I wrote, along with another argument that works just as well. I hadn't bothered adding anything else since I'm lazy (ノ゜ー゜)ノ
I find that Koizumi very rarely puts forward a serious cosmological theory with out offering up at least one alternative. I'm not good at writing up such a theory from scratch... but when I see one, it's not hard for me to simply have Koizumi offer up the anti-thesis, or an alternate theory of some sort at least.

Hopefully, Kaisos has enough now.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.