AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-09-19, 18:25   Link #19901
CanadaAotS
Manly Picnic

Send a message via MSN to CanadaAotS Send a message via Skype™ to CanadaAotS
Quote:
Originally Posted by scify View Post
As for the greentext... Well, that's actually what we're discussing. Kaisos and the Danchou know, and apparently Heatth and Kogetsu Shirogane know... but I think the rest of us are still in the dark. (Which I enjoy, by the way, as much as I might complain about it. There's something thrilling about not knowing a story element before it's revealed.)
It's soooo obvious. Then again, I had my suspicions confirmed pretty early in the project... ┐('~`;​)┌

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
I don't have any idea of how the sotrage of that messages works. But, if the cellfones aren't in the universe anymore, wouldn't the server just think they are turned off? And, when(if) they back, they would have their mesage again?
The difference is whether the cellphone doesn't exist in that universe anymore, or if any trace of the rest of the SOS-dan doesn't exist in that universe anymore...
In the latter case, there'd be no voicemail to call, because those phone numbers aren't being used by anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivify93 View Post
Right, but The Green Bitch™ is capable of sliding, apparently. She is the only one.

...Right, Kaisos? Please don't get my hopes up...
Sliding? Nyahahahahahaha~
Why be limited to something so booooring as sliding?
It's like I'm really Kaisos

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivify93 View Post
Either or. FFVI's was a homage to FFV's, remember. Also, if you use him right, he can be tons of fun! Need an extra thief? Equip the "Steal" command! Need an extra blue mage? Equip the "Lores" command! Need an extra ninja, wild youth, rune knight, monk, machinist, moogle? Equip the "Throw", "Rage", "Runic", "Blitz", "Tools", or "Dance" commands! Need an extra pictomancer, samurai, or gambler for some ungodly reason? Equip the "Sketch", "Bushido", or "Slots" commands! ...And of course we get the Plain Jane "Attack", "Magic", and "Items" commands.
The job system in FFV was the base for Final Fantasy Tactics.
Which is easily one of my favourite Final Fantasy games.

Almost official Suzumiya Haruhi no Seitenkan IRC channel - #kyonko on irc.rizon.net
CanadaAotS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 18:27   Link #19902
Selofain
#1 Minion

Send a message via AIM to Selofain Send a message via MSN to Selofain Send a message via Yahoo to Selofain
Gorgeous! If he needs help with that, I'm here. I know how long hand-drawn animation takes.

The current Kyonko one seems to be unnecessarily huge in file size. 275KB? Turns out it has a LOT of duplicate frames that aren't necessary. I took them out.

Look! It's AS friendly.
Old 2009-09-19, 23:54   Link #19903
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... Before anyone seriously considers bending Chrono Trigger(or Dragon Quest, for that matter)... can anyone reasonably imitate the art style of Akira Toriyama?

Also... I find "Magusia the Fiendwhore" to be an awesome name. Not sure why, though.
Toriyama stile isn't that hard to imitate. Specially the girls, who have all the same face (even he say so).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I disagree. This is a much more appropriate theme. Maybe with the chanting from this mixed in somewhere.
A theme for the greentext would be good. It wouldn't work for everytime he/she/it speak something. Specially in Day0, where it happens many times in every scene. Changing te music so much wouldn't work, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Time to combo it up. Thanks to Binjovi for working on this thing.

So. Many. Uses.
Wah! Great! It is really going to be finished? Seens to be hard and time comsuming. Anyway, if is done, we must use it in the game, somehow.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 02:51   Link #19904
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

Thank goodness someone's making a better facepalm... I cringe everytime I see that old one. I was pretty surprised to notice it's still in use, too.

Yeah... Didn't quite excel at that whole animating thing back then. I still don't, unfortunately
Puffendahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 02:53   Link #19905
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Hey. Been a while.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 02:55   Link #19906
yggdrasil325
Hikikomori in a box

Finally finished episode 4 of Umineko! I must say, when the anime catches up, the fights scenes in this episode will be very fun to watch.
Also, lol minibombs.
Can't wait for episode 5 to be translated.

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN.
yggdrasil325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 04:01   Link #19907
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Hey. Been a while.
Glad you remember me

I've been lurking around this thread again for a while, too. Figured I might as well post, since I have this account and all. I might not have all that much new stuff to say, but ah well. This thread aways was fun, so...
Old 2009-09-20, 04:06   Link #19908
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Always nice to see old friends.

Not like we're doing anything at the moment though.

Old 2009-09-20, 04:27   Link #19909
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

Thanks. It's nice to be back.

Off topicness between updates is the way this thread works, right? And it's good to see there still are things to update about here, even after such a long time (meaning it hasn't suffered the unfortunate fate of oh-so-many online projects). The VN scripts have been great so far, too
Old 2009-09-20, 04:31   Link #19910
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

It was once said that our aim was to pierce the heavens. That goal has yet to change. The method to the madness hasn't changed all that much either.

Old 2009-09-20, 04:44   Link #19911
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

That's all good and great and other awesome positive adjectives
The method is proven to work, so why change it? Head towards that shining goal, pierce those heavens until there's nothing left of them!

Err, yes... I should stop before I start sounding too much like a Pokémon theme song (they sure do mention 'shining goals' rather often). I got a little excited here, sorry
Old 2009-09-20, 07:37   Link #19912
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffendahl View Post
Thank goodness someone's making a better facepalm... I cringe everytime I see that old one. I was pretty surprised to notice it's still in use, too.

Yeah... Didn't quite excel at that whole animating thing back then. I still don't, unfortunately
That is kinda scary. I was talking with Danchou about you and that image of yours just today.

Eh, welcome back, even tough we have never talked before.

By the way, do you have a bigger version of that image?
Old 2009-09-20, 07:41   Link #19913
Tornadium

Quote:
That is kinda scary. I was talking with Danchou about you and that image of yours just today.

Where did the original version of that image come from?
Tornadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 07:45   Link #19914
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadium View Post
Where did the original version of that image come from?
From a magazine, more likely. Haven't you already asked that in another thread?
Old 2009-09-20, 08:33   Link #19915
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

Quote:
Nice to meet you

Quote:
Uh, probably, since it's unlikely I actually made it in that size (I don't remember for sure, though). It's going to be on my old computer, though, so I'll have to do some digging around to find it.

Also, just in case, I've seen a much better genderbent list around too. As you can see, I got a little sloppy with some of the classmates back then. And I think the reason I made it so tiny in the first place was that it looked rather... not pretty... if bigger.

But anyhoo, I can try looking around my old computer, if you want it. I'm afraid I can't guarantee I'll find it, though, the thing is like a labyrinth to me now
Old 2009-09-20, 08:53   Link #19916
Heatth

Quote:
Nice to meet you
Heh, nice to meet you too.

Quote:
Uh, probably, since it's unlikely I actually made it in that size (I don't remember for sure, though). It's going to be on my old computer, though, so I'll have to do some digging around to find it.

Also, just in case, I've seen a much better genderbent list around too. As you can see, I got a little sloppy with some of the classmates back then. And I think the reason I made it so tiny in the first place was that it looked rather... not pretty... if bigger.

But anyhoo, I can try looking around my old computer, if you want it. I'm afraid I can't guarantee I'll find it, though, the thing is like a labyrinth to me now
That other image you mentioned is that one?:
Spoiler:

Hmmm, I can't say it is 'much better'. I like some characters more then yours (namely, Sakaki, Tejima and Kakinouchi). But I think some of yours are better (Yamane, Sakanaka and Arakawa(?!))

You haven't changed much in the desing, while the other image have. This work for some characters, but not for others.

So, yeah, if you find the big version please post here. But there is no need to worry if you don't.

(What the hell is that Arakawa guy!?)

Last edited by Heatth; 2009-09-20 at 09:06.
Old 2009-09-20, 09:22   Link #19917
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

I'm glad it doesn't ruin your eyes (thanks). Looking at anything I made a year ago is rather agonizing now, so please bear with me. I get these uncontrollable urges to mock them

Anyway, the files I made back then turned out to be surprisingly straight forward when compared to the mess my old computer generally is. I managed to find quite a few of these classmates doodlings of mine. This is the biggest one I found, so I think it's the original one. Hope it's big enough

Come to think of it... Why do you need it? I'm curious

Also, I noticed someone asked for the the original one. It happened to be there too, so I figured I might as well help out.
Old 2009-09-20, 09:33   Link #19918
Heatth

Quote:
Anyway, the files I made back then turned out to be surprisingly straight forward when compared to the mess my old computer generally is. I managed to find quite a few of these classmates doodlings of mine. This is the biggest one I found, so I think it's the original one. Hope it's big enough
Thanks.

Quote:
Come to think of it... Why do you need it? I'm curious
Errr... Sorry, I don't need it. Just curiosity.

I posted the original image in the Generic Character Discussion thread. And talked a bit with Danchou about that genderbended version (I was curious for why it was in japanese but used Haruki, insted Haruhiko). He eventually asked if I had a bigger version. I looked and discovered it was you who created it and posted here (so, no, no bigger version). Because of it, I just asked for it when you post.

I saved the image, anyway. Thanks again.
Old 2009-09-20, 09:50   Link #19919
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

Ah, nice to know. I just got curious when you mentioned you had talked about me and the image, you see. You made me feel kinda famous

I'm not sure, but I think I put in the name Haruki instead of Haruhiko because I didn't know too much about the Japanese fandom back then. Maybe... then again, the whole Haruki vs. Haruhiko part isn't exactly new information to me either. Uh, so it could have been an intentional choice too.

No, I just can't remember (then again, why would it even matter? ). Funny how fast you forget things.
Old 2009-09-20, 09:58   Link #19920
Heatth

Well, it was a year already. The tread haven't even reached 100 pages yet. (it was page 53,by the way).

But, why are everything in japanese?Imean, you took the time to edit out the random text and to change Haruki's name. Well, I guess is simpler edit a single character then translating everyone. You probably just left in japanese to fi the rest. And use Harui because it was what you weremore used to.

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan