AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-09-20, 10:22   Link #19921
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

I most likely just didn't know enough Japanese to actually translate the names and so on. I did have a translation (apparently, as I found a translated version of the original one together with those two images), but I guess I was just plain lazy.

Also, I noticed that I've just copied the "ki" in Kyon and replaced the "hi" in Haruhi with it. Apparently, making it Haruki instead of Haruhiko was the easy way out as well. Didn't need to make the "ko" from scratch... Which honestly probably wouldn't have taken me any longer than what I actually did, but oh well.

Last edited by Puffendahl; 2009-09-20 at 12:48.
Puffendahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 13:07   Link #19922
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Send a message via Skype™ to Nanao-kun
That avatar is quite nostalgic. You've been gone for quite a while.
Old 2009-09-20, 17:36   Link #19923
Kogetsu Shirogane
Crackshipper

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
What the hell is that Arakawa guy!?
Fairly certain it's a different spelling of Arakawa.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... well at least it's consistent...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 17:38   Link #19924
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Is it just me, or does Kyonko just seem like Haruhi without the genki and god factors?
AmyElizzabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 18:00   Link #19925
CanadaAotS
Manly Picnic

Send a message via MSN to CanadaAotS Send a message via Skype™ to CanadaAotS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
Is it just me, or does Kyonko just seem like Haruhi without the genki and god factors?
No, Kyonko isn't that big of a jerkass. haha.

Almost official Suzumiya Haruhi no Seitenkan IRC channel - #kyonko on irc.rizon.net
CanadaAotS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 18:03   Link #19926
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

She even looks a bit like Haruhi too...
It's more like they based her off of Haruhi than Kyon (not attitude-wise, obviously.)
Old 2009-09-20, 18:07   Link #19927
Triple_R
"...Why?!", Sailor Faerie
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:

It's more like they based her off of Haruhi than Kyon (not attitude-wise, obviously.)
The first time I saw Haruki and Kyonko, I thought "Haruhi and Kyon just basically swapped bodies". I suspect this was done intentionally to make photoshopping easier (i.e. a Haruhi/Kyon scene becomes a Haruki/Kyonko scene, simply by making the guy in the Kyon position Haruki instead and making the girl in Haruhi's position Kyonko instead).

As time goes on, I can notice little nuances where Haruki looks different from Kyon, and Haruhi looks different from Kyonko, but in the beginning... yeah, I felt the way that you did.
Old 2009-09-20, 18:09   Link #19928
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

I don't quite get the whole concept of genderbending, but It's fun to look at pictures and stuff.
Itsuko FTW
Old 2009-09-20, 18:25   Link #19929
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Fairly certain it's a different spelling of Arakawa.
I know that. I even posted in the General Characters thread.Still, is a funny coincidence.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
The first time I saw Haruki and Kyonko, I thought "Haruhi and Kyon just basically swapped bodies". I suspect this was done intentionally to make photoshopping easier (i.e. a Haruhi/Kyon scene becomes a Haruki/Kyonko scene, simply by making the guy in the Kyon position Haruki instead and making the girl in Haruhi's position Kyonko instead).

As time goes on, I can notice little nuances where Haruki looks different from Kyon, and Haruhi looks different from Kyonko, but in the beginning... yeah, I felt the way that you did.
Well, Kyon at the end of the Endless Eight is similar to Haruki. Also, all the four have the same interests(aline and stuff), even if two of then have already gived up.

I also think their physical similaritys was on purpose.

Quote:
I don't quite get the whole concept of genderbending, but It's fun to look at pictures and stuff.
Itsuko FTW
If you want Fan Fics, look here(most are actualy rewrites, but there is fanfics too). For general information, there is a FAQ.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 18:57   Link #19930
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Send a message via Skype™ to Nanao-kun
Quote:

Really? That's odd, since the majority of people who first see Kyonko see Yuki. Especially considering the fact that she is also based off of Yuki for the most part.
Old 2009-09-20, 19:08   Link #19931
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariNiwa View Post
Really? That's odd, since the majority of people who first see Kyonko see Yuki. Especially considering the fact that she is also based off of Yuki for the most part.
Seriously?
for the main part I see Haruhi, but at time I can totally tell that they based her off of Yuki
Old 2009-09-20, 19:17   Link #19932
Tensei
Epitome of Divinity

I just finished reading the Crossroads archives......i gotta ask, Kaisos, do you enjoy making Kyonko suffer?

on an unimportant side note, i noticed some pronoun errors on the rewrites of the novels, just saying
Tensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 19:40   Link #19933
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariNiwa View Post
Quote:
Seriously?
for the main part I see Haruhi, but at time I can totally tell that they based her off of Yuki
Kyonko's body is a rip-of from Yuki's. But her hair and face is more similar to Haruhi. It might be related to many of the orignal images being screenshots of Haruhi photoshoped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tensei View Post
I just finished reading the Crossroads archives......i gotta ask, Kaisos, do you enjoy making Kyonko suffer?

on an unimportant side note, i noticed some pronoun errors on the rewrites of the novels, just saying
Poot Kyonko. Kaisos really is a bastard to her huh?

I am sure that if you point that errosr Kaisos will 'gladfully' fix then.

Just to make sure, did you read the Final version? The one with each chapter having only 2 parts and no edits. Or the old version? Most divideding the chapters in 4 or 5 parts and with 2 or 3 edits?
Old 2009-09-20, 19:45   Link #19934
Tensei
Epitome of Divinity

errr, can't remember, my memory is overloaded after reading so many different things with little sleep, probably the old version, so ignore that last comment, and thanks for pointing that out, that makes it less to read
Tensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 19:45   Link #19935
Kogetsu Shirogane
Crackshipper

Quote:
Kyonko's body is a rip-of from Yuki's. But her hair and face is more similar to Haruhi.
It's a longer version of Yuki's, but brown and in a ponytail. Her face is pretty much the only part not derived from Yuki.

Quote:
Poot Kyonko. Kaisos really is a bastard to her huh?
It can even be argued that this is taken from Yuki, only replace "Kaisos" with "Tanigawa." I mean, damn. Is there any story focusing on the poor girl that doesn't have a somewhat depressing tone to the ending?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-09-20, 19:46   Link #19936
ArouratheHedgehog
Reina0106

There are two genderbender-scenes i must see:
1. Haruki stripping
2. female Taniguchi walking in on Yuuki and Kyon-ko (i for-for-forgot my bag...AUGH!)

Dango, dango, dango, dango, dango daikazoku!
ArouratheHedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 19:48   Link #19937
Kogetsu Shirogane
Crackshipper

... Isn't the second scene essentially Kyonko trying desperately to not be crushed by Yuuki? It's been a while since I've read it.
Old 2009-09-20, 19:55   Link #19938
Heatth

Quote:
It's a longer version of Yuki's, but brown and in a ponytail. Her face is pretty much the only part not derived from Yuki.
Disagree. Her hair is, apropriately enough, a longer version of Kyon's, with a ponytail. And this ponytail is very similar to Haruhi's one (in Disappearance).

Spoiler for Long Haired Ponytail Haruhi:

Quote:
It can even be argued that this is taken from Yuki, only replace "Kaisos" with "Tanigawa." I mean, damn. Is there any story focusing on the poor girl that doesn't have a somewhat depressing tone to the ending?
Disagree again. Yuki don't sufer a fraction of what Kaisos make Kyonko suffer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArouratheHedgehog View Post
There are two genderbender-scenes i must see:
1. Haruki stripping
2. female Taniguchi walking in on Yuuki and Kyon-ko (i for-for-forgot my bag...AUGH!)
Go to the fanfics archive post and look in the right chapter.

The second scene has, at last, 2 versions.
Old 2009-09-20, 20:08   Link #19939
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
Quote:
He's pretty much admitted that fact several times over the course of the thread. I believe it's usually something along the lines of "Kyonko is made to suffer."

Quote:
Actually, that's what I want to move on to next if Jintor and Kaisos don't mind.

On that note, do you two and Dancho want me to just keep going with the Day 4 edits until I'm caught up to Kaisos, with Jintor reviewing my edits?
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 20:31   Link #19940
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Not a problem at all.

DJ_RockmanX is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan