AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-03-03, 12:47   Link #1
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Real Life Ninjas...

No no not running around in a black pair of PJs, but crazy things you have done in real life that might even surprise a ninja.

Please post any examples of crazy feats of ninjaness that you have done, but...

Do not attempt to copy anyone else's craziness without proper training

Here is a few of my examples whilst under the influence of alcohol....

I'm 5'6" and pretty skinny. I'm lazy and really out of shape, but if I am drunk I can run really fast for quite a long time. For some reason if I've drank too much tequilla or other tasty drinks I get a wee bit paranoid and run from my friends. For some reason they chase me. I normally lose them, but once they thought they had cornered me as I ran down a dead end alley. There is a wall down the end that is taller then my 6'ish friends and I lost them by running full pelt at the wall and vaulting it. I can't remember it myself but I had a few scrapes on my elbows, but no other injuries. When they helped one guy up on to the wall he said all he could see was my little feet pumping away like road runner

I got locked into the toilet on the second floor and some how I managed to clamber down through the window and escape. There is a wall about a meter and a half away on the other side and I must have climbed down by bracing myself with my hands and feet on each side. No one knew how I did it and unfortuanty I was a wee bit too gone to remember

I have also experienced team ninjaing too. My friend and I walked past a pub and they had a lock in and we weren't invited . Of course being experience at pub lockins we knew that knocking wasn't going to cut it. Walking around the back we saw that the toilet window on the first floor was opened..... At this point the booze, and fresh air blanked the memory out. My memory comes back when I have gotten in and he is stuck half way through the window. He is 6'ish and 16 stones so you can imagine how big he is. I was laughing so hard that the memory stuck

When we went back to the pub a few weeks later that climb was not easy, we would have had to climb up a wall, tight rope across it (there is a glass house the other side) and then do some other super human feats to get in. He is a fat geek too btw....

Please share your ninja experiences and they don't need to be alcohol fuelled and remember kids don't try to copy these at home.
Old 2008-03-03, 13:59   Link #2
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
^ wow thats some crazy &#^#

I can't think of anything that might surprise a ninja... cause well I'm a ninja myself. before I went through ninja training though I could have sworned and still believe that I teleported to save my brothers life(that was before I knew about DBZ) anyways they tell me to watch my baby brother on top of this office desk, which is preety high for infant. me and short attention span walks away for minute. I do not know what I was doing but then in a blink of an eye I found my self holding my baby brother by the leg befor he hits the floor heads first nobody believes to this day, but I still believe that I teleported, or at least moved superfast.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 14:04   Link #3
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
I do not know what I was doing but then in a blink of an eye I found my self holding my baby brother by the leg befor he hits the floor heads first nobody believes to this day, but I still believe that I teleported, or at least moved superfast.
I would say that is an example of the highest level of ninjaing. Not only did you perform a super human feat, but you did it without the influence of a mind bending amount of booze and you saved a life.

I nominate that as a 5 shuriken ninja feat

PS how was his leg afterwards?
Old 2008-03-03, 20:43   Link #4
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

The only crazy thing i did was fight a guard dog bare handed and well i kicked it ass preety good hahahah
Old 2008-03-03, 21:14   Link #5
Liddo-kun
Come on everyone

Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by onpu536 View Post
im new in this forum so be nice and so hows it goinf in the anime world?
Hello, cute drawing...^^
But I think this is the wrong place for you to introduce yourself.

Here is the proper thread.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...?t=35&page=295
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 21:58   Link #6
grey_moon

@onpu536 - Welcome to the forum. Great piccie, but you just ninja'ed this thread

@technomo12 - Fighting a guard dog barehanded oO. As an animal loving ninja I hope it was in self defence and no real animals were hurt in real life . But that is a very ninjaish thing to do, as dogs happen to always be armed to the teeth.
Old 2008-03-03, 23:27   Link #7
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author

Well, these might be considered ninja, I don't know.

1# I was walking along one day in the middle of the afternoon, when I stepped right over a snake. I left up into the air with the one foot I was standing on and landed 5 feet away from where I had started. BTW after I landed and looked at the snake, I found it to only be 6 inches long and was a corn snake. Looked a lot bigger when I was standing over it.

2# My 4 year old cousin was laying down playing with LEGO's across the doorway, so I had to step over him to get through. As I stepped over, he started to sit up. So I tried to leap over him or otherwise I was going to trip over him. But, as I lept he stoop up faster, so I caught him on the shoulder with my foot, and his head was heading straight for the wall. Somehow I managed in mid-air to reach forward pull his head away from the wall and then land on my feet. I thought it was cool because as I watched him heading for the wall we seemed to move in slow motion. Unfortunately my glory was ended when he tried to claim I had pushed him, luckily my grandma saw it happen so she saw me pull him away from the wall and not push him.
Zaku Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 23:39   Link #8
ApostleOfGod
^.^

I played LF2 and lost as the self-cloning ninja a few times in my life.

I also bench press around 2000 pounds per day.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 23:46   Link #9
grey_moon

Zaku's feats do seem to be very ninjaish, but bench pressing 2000 pounds a day whilst very very impressive is that a ninja feat or something else?
Old 2008-03-03, 23:50   Link #10
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostleOfGod View Post
I think that's really much more difficult than you think it is, unless you're thinking it's something different than what I'm thinking it is, in which case, it's not.

Continuing, I climb stuff ninja-style just for the kicks. Sure, I might die, but then again, I died cool-like, and some girl probably had it on camera, so I'll die happy.
Haha.

I've also dislocated a toe, broken a toe, and taken some otherwise less notable damage jumping from buildings, stairs, etc. Turns out that having people watch doesn't always make the outcome any better.

Oh. I've also run under an 18-wheeler truck at cruising speed, probably no more than 20 mph (roughly 32 km/h), but this was years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Zaku's feats do seem to be very ninjaish, but bench pressing 2000 pounds a day whilst very very impressive is that a ninja feat or something else?
mm.. I was sort of in agreement here as well. I'm not quite sure ninja are stereotypically [very] heavy lifters, but moreso able to accomplish amazing feats of acrobatic skill and whatnot.
Old 2008-03-04, 00:01   Link #11
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author

Quote:
Yeah, I think this is more strong man competition than ninja, which are more known for speed and agility. but dang dude you must be ripped. Pro-wrestlers in the WWE can usually only lift around 500 pounds, well that is unless you were joking.
Old 2008-03-04, 00:02   Link #12
grey_moon

@qtipbrit92 - Grandmaster feats of ninja there. Although injuries whilst performing a ninja feat unless to save the life of your master (Danzou epi x ) detract from the overall score.

You don't do that street running thing do you, where you scramble and somersault over walls and everyday objects and all that?
Old 2008-03-04, 00:12   Link #13
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Yes I was joking... Lol.

On the more serious note... Nothing real stealth-like comes to mind... I've not really been involved in too many situations where I had to depend on my ninja skills for survival

Of course, everyone's probably had their ninja moments here and there...

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 00:17   Link #14
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author

Quote:
Yes I was joking... Lol.

On the more serious note... Nothing real stealth-like comes to mind... I've not really been involved in too many situations where I had to depend on my ninja skills for survival

Of course, everyone's probably had their ninja moments here and there...
True. I've noticed that worry for others and fear seem to cause people to perform seemingly superhuman feats.
Old 2008-03-04, 00:20   Link #15
Hijiroku
Heil Mein Fuhrer

Quote:
I seriously doubt that

I was climbing this tree one time fell from like 20 feet manged to miss most of branches and at last moment i landed on one of the branches and swung down from next branch

and i also free run and run away from guard dogs when i hop the wrong fence
Hijiroku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 00:24   Link #16
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hijiroku View Post
I was climbing this tree one time fell from like 20 feet manged to miss most of branches and at last moment i landed on one of the branches and swung down from next branch
Gosh high level ninjaing there, but did you poo your pants? I think I would have.
Old 2008-03-04, 00:26   Link #17
Hijiroku
Heil Mein Fuhrer

Quote:
Gosh high level ninjaing there, but did you poo your pants? I think I would have.
.... no but i was dizzy
Hijiroku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 07:06   Link #18
Comrade
A fuckin' genius!

I have something that's probably more matrix-ish than ninja-ish.
A few years ago we celebrated my 17th birthday by playing paintball. During one of the matches I hid behind an old truck which was placed in the middle of the playing field among other things. As it turned out one of my friends, who was on the enemy team, was hiding behind the same truck. Only on the other side. When I realized that, I decided to make a run for a huge haystack, from where I could get a better shot at him. The haystack was about 10-14 meters away, with no cover in between.
Unfortunately, the moment I began to run, so did my friend, he had the same idea. I saw him, he saw me and we both started to shoot at each other sideways, while running parallel to the same destination. And that's where the best part began. The distance between us was short, about 4 meters in between us. And while we fired as fast as we could, none of the shots hit. I could hear the balls of paint whoosh past me only centimeters away, while the same thing happened to my friend.
As a result we reached the haystack without hitting each other after spending more than 30 shots each. In the end I managed to shoot him by immediately rushing around the stack and surprising him.
To this day we both don't understand how we weren't able to shoot the other guy during the run, since the guns are usually very accurate at such a short range.
Old 2008-03-04, 08:12   Link #19
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
I have something that's probably more matrix-ish than ninja-ish.
A few years ago we celebrated my 17th birthday by playing paintball. During one of the matches I hid behind an old truck which was placed in the middle of the playing field among other things. As it turned out one of my friends, who was on the enemy team, was hiding behind the same truck. Only on the other side. When I realized that, I decided to make a run for a huge haystack, from where I could get a better shot at him. The haystack was about 10-14 meters away, with no cover in between.
Unfortunately, the moment I began to run, so did my friend, he had the same idea. I saw him, he saw me and we both started to shoot at each other sideways, while running parallel to the same destination. And that's where the best part began. The distance between us was short, about 4 meters in between us. And while we fired as fast as we could, none of the shots hit. I could hear the balls of paint whoosh past me only centimeters away, while the same thing happened to my friend.
As a result we reached the haystack without hitting each other after spending more than 30 shots each. In the end I managed to shoot him by immediately rushing around the stack and surprising him.
To this day we both don't understand how we weren't able to shoot the other guy during the run, since the guns are usually very accurate at such a short range.
Whilst not truly ninjaish I feel it deserves a notable mention

Brings back memories I once shot someone through the gap made by 3 barrels stacked on top of each other from over 10m away. I saw them hiding there and fired I could see the pellet spiral in slow motion and go through the gap and hit the target. Doesn't really count since I was sober and my ninja reflections were not engaged and I got shot 3 or 4 times in the head from ~ 1 meter away after the above event and it really hurt.

If I was pissed I would have ninjaed my way out of trouble me thinks.... At the very least I wish I had your matrix skills with me that day

Old 2008-03-04, 08:25   Link #20
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author

Quote:

OWW!!!