AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-06-26, 11:01   Link #221
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Looks more like Dokuro's Escaliborg than Filia's Mace-sama. Probably just something she whipped out and smashed Goury with because it was funny.
you could be correct since I haven't seen Slayer Try for a while now, hoping Filia will make an appearance in the series.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 18:53   Link #222
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well was a nice trailer, though really don't need much to get one excited about this series. Did like the part at the end with the fireball. Should be interesting to see how the spells will look.
Old 2008-06-26, 19:16   Link #223
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko Send a message via Skype™ to Katsu Koneko
X3 OMG! Can't wait for episode 1 to come out~

Oooh that was an awesome trailer! ^w^ Yay for Megumi!

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Rose Guns Days VN Status: EP2 [COMPLETED]
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 20:34   Link #224
Wesley84

The mascot character seems slightly less lame animated.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 23:43   Link #225
Vespa

The official site has been updated with a new layout and stuff like character designs.

Pocota (that mascot-looking character) makes some weird, but rather amusing, faces. The last one... o.o;

Last edited by Vespa; 2008-06-27 at 06:32.
Vespa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 05:20   Link #226
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

From what little we've seen, I think the production values are WAY up there as far as JC Staff, goes. I just hope they don't fall into the laziness that plagued their Zero no Tsukaima conversion or come up with weird/nonsensical endings like Shigofumi. Or go into 99% filler mode like with Shana 2 (as awesome as some of the latter fights were). And I really hope that the weird animal mascot doesn't dominate the comedy either.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 08:17   Link #227
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vespa View Post
The official site has been updated with a new layout and stuff like character designs.

Pocota (that mascot-looking character) makes some weird, but rather amusing, faces. The last one... o.o;
To be honest, when I saw the initial promos and saw how much they looked like the character design versions from Slayers Premium, I was kinda nervous. While I adore Premium, I don't think I would be able to take any romance scenes entirely seriously with those kind of designs. Fortunately fromt he website, it looks like they'll be taking a more serious and less childish-looking edge, so if they decide to come back to LinaxGourry (and they better ), then I can actually get into it.
Old 2008-06-27, 17:29   Link #228
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Well, apparently Enoki Films USA now has the distrobution rights to the series. Which, isn't suprising. Now we have to wait until someone actually licenses it from them and releases it...

Also, Enoki Films' Press release had summary information regarding the series... From what People are telling me, it sounds like a remake.
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 18:59   Link #229
RPNS

Can't wait for this to come out.

Wonder if the Sword they will get is the Blast Sword or something new?
RPNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 20:11   Link #230
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiGoku View Post
Well, apparently Enoki Films USA now has the distrobution rights to the series. Which, isn't suprising. Now we have to wait until someone actually licenses it from them and releases it...

Also, Enoki Films' Press release had summary information regarding the series... From what People are telling me, it sounds like a remake.

The first 13 episodes at least sound like a retelling of the original series and Next which isn't very exciting if that is true.

I am not sure about episodes 13-26 though since I never watched any more Slayers after Next so does that sound new or not?
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 20:16   Link #231
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
The first 13 episodes at least sound like a retelling of the original series and Next which isn't very exciting if that is true.

I am not sure about episodes 13-26 though since I never watched any more Slayers after Next so does that sound new or not?
Yeah not exactly an exciting thing to see them try and compress two seasons (52 episodes) into 13. Then it would appear like they'd completely ignore the existence of Try and continue with a new story for the next 13 episodes. They didn't mention Zelgadis, but obviously we know he's in the series. I seriously hope that isn't accurate.
Old 2008-06-27, 20:21   Link #232
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah not exactly an exciting thing to see them try and compress two seasons (52 episodes) into 13. Then it would appear like they'd completely ignore the existence of Try and continue with a new story for the next 13 episodes. They didn't mention Zelgadis, but obviously we know he's in the series. I seriously hope that isn't accurate.

Well if this does turn out to be accurate I will just skip episodes 1-13 and watch the new stuff. I don't really need to watch the same thing twice even if it is somewhat better animated.
Old 2008-06-27, 22:18   Link #233
Wesley84

So they'll probably skip Copy Rezo, eliminating Zangulus, no Martina, possibly no Gaav (no Auntie Aqua), no searching for the Claire Bible, Laguna Blade is something Lina invents and perfects on her own, with Syphiel not even knowing Dragon Slave?

And no Dragon cuisine.

Oh god. Don't tell me Amelia la Justice Freak will be back in full force?
Old 2008-06-27, 22:20   Link #234
Kirarakim

A lot of people are telling me that Enoki Films is not known for their accuracy and this just sounds like a summary of the novels not of Revolution. I am not a Slayers expert so I am going to take their word for it.
Old 2008-06-27, 23:01   Link #235
flou
That's no lady

Since this conversation has gone on for awhile, I'm here to point out 1) Revolution was announced as having an "anime-original" storyline and 2) the synopsis given is basically a summarized version of the first 26 episodes of the original Slayers series from the summaries on their Slayers page.

There's no reason why they would know or give out spoilers on the entire series since the first episode hasn't even aired yet. I honestly doubt J.C. Staff has finished animating Revolution too, much less finalized the scripts.
Old 2008-06-27, 23:07   Link #236
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
A lot of people are telling me that Enoki Films is not known for their accuracy and this just sounds like a summary of the novels not of Revolution. I am not a Slayers expert so I am going to take their word for it.
Yeah I just have to believe that its inaccurate. It would be terribly done and cutting out way too much. Besides don't really think they would spoil what would be going on for the entire series. Will just go on the belief that its a new season carrying off where Try finished.

Best to think of the positive things. Like how the Dragon Slave and other spells will look .
Old 2008-06-27, 23:36   Link #237
Wesley84

A retelling would be really sticking it to long time fans.
Old 2008-06-28, 00:03   Link #238
Siegel Clyne

Slayers Revolution Episode Count

According to the August 2008 issue of TSUTAYA's TVfan magazine, the Slayers REVOLUTION television anime series consists of 12 episodes.

Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 00:16   Link #239
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
According to the August 2008 issue of TSUTAYA's TVfan magazine, the Slayers REVOLUTION television anime series consists of 12 episodes.

That means it's getting a sequel at some point in the near future.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 00:18   Link #240
Siegel Clyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
That means it's getting a sequel at some point in the near future.
That's what a number of Japanese fans say, too.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, fantasy, magic