AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 85 63.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 26.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 5.97%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 0.75%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.24%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.75%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-11, 13:27   Link #121
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Kazumi is evil, she knows Yuji is interested in Shana and Shana is interested in Yuji, but she won't tell Yuji how Shana feels, She's trying to "change" his mind, but thats not happening. Yuji has his mind set, so its not a matter of who he choose, its when it'll all come out in the open. The choice to Yuji is already clear, he wants to be with Shana, period.
Old 2008-03-11, 13:38   Link #122
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Yuji's decision is clear for us 3rd person viewers who get a glimpse of what the characters think, do and eat at all times. For a person immersed in the problem Yuji is just a person who is generally nice to everyone.
Old 2008-03-11, 13:46   Link #123
BigGimp77

Good episode. Although the whole Shana and Kazumi writing letters thing kind of scares me. I'd much rather have Shana confess in person.

And didn't Kazumi already put her feelings out there? I hope they send her letter to the wrong address.

This love triangle needs to end soon, I just hope they don't eff it up.
Old 2008-03-11, 14:32   Link #124
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Kazumi is evil, she knows Yuji is interested in Shana and Shana is interested in Yuji, but she won't tell Yuji how Shana feels, She's trying to "change" his mind, but thats not happening. Yuji has his mind set, so its not a matter of who he choose, its when it'll all come out in the open. The choice to Yuji is already clear, he wants to be with Shana, period.
WOW thats a pretty bold statement iv heard Kazumi be called a lot of things but EVIl are seriously saying shes evil. You might want to go back and watch season 1 and start season 2 over.

It clear for us whats going on because we are the viewer the 3rd perspective but not to anyone else in the show its self. Why would Kazumi tell Shana how Yuji feels shouldnt that be up to him?

Sigh
You're reintegrating facts that have been discussed over and over but you just added evil on the end of Kazumi's name, without stating proof why she's evil I dont understand your mind set, technically you can say the same thing about Shana she knows Kazumi likes Yuji why doesnt she tell him? Two way street but not as black and white as you would have it seem. Im not even a Kazumi supporter but i understand where shes coming from.
Old 2008-03-11, 14:35   Link #125
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

lol at the two panty shots of Shana -.-

OnTopic:
I really liked this episode As I dont watch previews I hope the following episodes will be as good as this one.
Old 2008-03-11, 14:56   Link #126
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

lol, um.. evil is alittle over doing it, but she's selfish, borderline obsessive. If she really did love him she would want him to be happy and telling informing both Yuji and Shana on their feelings would undoubtedly make Yuji happy. She's delaying the inevitable trying to force Yuji to change his mind.
Old 2008-03-11, 15:28   Link #127
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
lol, um.. evil is alittle over doing it, but she's selfish, borderline obsessive. If she really did love him she would want him to be happy and telling informing both Yuji and Shana on their feelings would undoubtedly make Yuji happy. She's delaying the inevitable trying to force Yuji to change his mind.
Again, the same perspective can be taken with Shana shes very selfish and she is in the same position that Kazumi is in, Kazumi is not obsessive shes in love wants to do more for the person she cares about but is not sure how to go about it. Does Yuji know how Shana feels about him NO, it has only been implied. From what you are stating your saying that Kazumi should tell Shana how Yuji feels and vice versa. Why is it not the responsibility of either of the two. If you want something you get with your own 2 hands not someone elses. She does want him to be happy to the point where she would even sacrifice herself for him. She cares about his well being above her own and so does Shana that is one of essences of loving someone.

She is not forcing anyone to change their mind she letting her feelings be known and letting Yuji pick who he wants to be with its no ones elses choice (and that is her right). Yuji has not clearly made his feelings known to either of them, we only know what he feels because we are the viewers. Your making a wide range of generalization without listing all the facts or seeing each person perspective. Until Yuji says i like/love Shana he is free game for anyone who has feelings for him.
Old 2008-03-11, 17:14   Link #128
Gotank
Evil Chewy Thing

Ahh good episode. And I agree with someone else's comment earlier that this really felt like the season finale of SnS second, especially with the insert music playing in the latter part of the episode, and the eventual return to harem... I really hope they have enough episodes left to make an even better conclusion.
Old 2008-03-11, 17:47   Link #129
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Again, the same perspective can be taken with Shana shes very selfish and she is in the same position that Kazumi is in, Kazumi is not obsessive shes in love wants to do more for the person she cares about but is not sure how to go about it. Does Yuji know how Shana feels about him NO, it has only been implied. From what you are stating your saying that Kazumi should tell Shana how Yuji feels and vice versa. Why is it not the responsibility of either of the two. If you want something you get with your own 2 hands not someone elses. She does want him to be happy to the point where she would even sacrifice herself for him. She cares about his well being above her own and so does Shana that is one of essences of loving someone.
that's why i think the novels are so much better than the anime. in the novels, during the fight with sabrac and before yuji figured out a plan
Spoiler for differences from novels:

but yeah, the anime version of kazumi is really selfish and annoying.
Old 2008-03-11, 18:14   Link #130
Guido

An explosive conclusion to wrap up the Sabrac arc, and a nice Shana x Yuji moment at the end that marked the return....
Spoiler:

Action and destruction taken to the level of insanity. It was a wonderful how each of the present characters fulfilled their roles, and yet used a little bit of spare time to clear away their inner struggles.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-11, 20:27   Link #131
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
Only if you rank the Flame Haze up against ridiculous Gundam SEED standards. An anti-hero has to have villainous characteristics, not something like that is usually done for the greater good.

An anti-hero would:

1. Sacrifice many people for the few.
2. Sacrifice 100 people to save 100 people.

A villain would:

3. Sacrifice people for no particular reason or a false one.

The powers of the Quincy in Bleach are something an anti-hero would have. They save humans by killing off Hollows, but they risk spiritual balance since they actually destroy the spirits, though they don't care. This is compared to the Shinigami powers which only seal spirits.
I have to agree with the Real Nemo here - I think that you're using a far too strict definition of the term 'anti-hero' here.

An awful lot of fictional heroes won't sacrifice any lives - even the lives of villains.

If someone's willing to pretty callously sacrifice even a few lives for a nebulous cause (as even Shana was in early Season 1), I can see the title "anti-hero" being justifiably applied to such a person.
Old 2008-03-11, 20:33   Link #132
MrShin

I love this series, I specially loved the first season. However this episode really wants me to drag this serie and put it next to DBZ/Bleach/etc.

Is this show becomming an Screaming nonstop show? This episode is somewhat pathetic. Yuji's character evolution suddently "BURSTED" into another type oc character. My verdict;
Lovely last 1-2minut ending. Thats it.

Cheers.
Old 2008-03-11, 20:40   Link #133
Liddo-kun
Come on everyone

Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Episode was awesome, But too bad his coolness Sabrac was killed. I hoped he would have ran away, but heavily at damaged at the same time. Why do they have to kill off such a Wickedly epic character so fast *_*?
Yeah, it was a bit sad that Sabrac is already killed after just 2 episodes.

Though if he would have been able to escape, I think it will be hard for them the next time he shows up because Sabrac would think of a strategy to counter their plan to defeat him.
Old 2008-03-11, 22:02   Link #134
Gotank
Evil Chewy Thing

Hehe, something similar between this episode of Shana and recent Gundam episode apparently (didn't watch gundam, so I don't know, image ripped off from another thread I visited...)

Spoiler for big image:
Old 2008-03-11, 22:30   Link #135
thelok

The look in shana's eyes when she powered up near the end was reminiscent of dragonball z, especially with the hair all vertical
Old 2008-03-11, 22:33   Link #136
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnydz View Post
that's why i think the novels are so much better than the anime. in the novels, during the fight with sabrac and before yuji figured out a plan
Spoiler for differences from novels:

but yeah, the anime version of kazumi is really selfish and annoying.
Huh? I think you can say she is a lottle bit obsessive, but shes been a good friend to both of them so I fail to see where you got selfish from.

Anyway, I loved the episode, my friend who sat next me watching these past 2 episodes is a Wilhelmina fan, so both he and I were loving every minute of the fight. It was short, but very sweet.

Thanks to kira_lacusXX for this great sig!
Old 2008-03-11, 22:40   Link #137
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I'm not a novel reader, so just stating this.

Sabrac isn't completely done because we still don't know what the unrestricted spell he put on the Reji Maigo is. We'll see though.
Old 2008-03-11, 22:53   Link #138
feRfe

dot dot dot
y did my post get erased?
so yeah it was pretty funny how alastor was quick to change his stance on shana and yuuji hooking up when yuuji figured out a plan to defeat sabrac

Zz. wtfbbqmods
Old 2008-03-11, 22:57   Link #139
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

We already know, the seal was what implanted the Silver into the R. Meigo.
Old 2008-03-11, 23:17   Link #140
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
We already know, the seal was what implanted the Silver into the R. Meigo.
Bzzt Wrong.... It hasn't been revealed yet