AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-03-13, 19:39   Link #81
Yaoi_Daisuki
少年愛

Come to think of it, I used to be a regular lion dance member. Was the "tail" and we got stepped on our knees and shoulder quite often haha. Back then was totally digging into it (we get red packets every performance, cool!) until I transform into some geek haha
Old 2008-03-13, 21:12   Link #82
Ray Huynh

I play basketball do track and etc sports that don't require much weight xD
Old 2008-03-13, 21:17   Link #83
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I play all kinds of sports. I'm on a Basketball team at my school. I also play football with my friends at times and I love mixed martial arts. I kickbox with some of my friends and I also ride bike a lot. I'm quite the active person.
Old 2008-03-14, 00:44   Link #84
UzumakiW
J-rocker

Send a message via AIM to UzumakiW Send a message via Yahoo to UzumakiW
I've never really played on any sports teams, though I did participate in a program to teach kids how to play soccer when I was younger. However, I do play a lot of sports for fun with friends. Sports I play for fun are:

Hockey
Football
Soccer
Basketball
Racquetball
Running/sprints
Biking
Though it's not a sport, I like working out in the gym a couple times a week also.
Old 2008-03-15, 11:37   Link #85
pikuchan
Long time lurker

Played soccer as a wing back in high school and my team won the school cup on the first year, and that was the first and the last time our team ever win anything on my 3 years at school. At our last match before graduation we got our ass kicked 5-1 and I've never kicked the ball again since
Now, the sport activities that i still do is pretty much only jogging twice a week, light stretching, sit-up and push-up every morning.
Old 2008-03-15, 12:48   Link #86
Fynal_Fyre
Sanae moe over 9000

Send a message via MSN to Fynal_Fyre
Personally, I wasn't VERY active in sports, I mean, I was in a Uniformed Group when I was schooling for my secondary education, most of my after-school sessions were filled with foot drills and running, push-ups and the like, with the occasional M16 disassemble/reassemble drill or orienteering drill.

However I did use to play badminton (and still do) quite a bit with my friends, and YES, it IS a world apart from tennis, the tennis racket for one, is well, heavier...

If you count bowling I used to do that quite a bit, was even on my primary (elementary to other education systems) school's bowling team, I wasn't VERY good though..

It's not sad anymore| Insanity and rants

Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 15:28   Link #87
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynal_Fyre View Post
Personally, I wasn't VERY active in sports, I mean, I was in a Uniformed Group when I was schooling for my secondary education, most of my after-school sessions were filled with foot drills and running, push-ups and the like, with the occasional M16 disassemble/reassemble drill or orienteering drill.
:
well you might not hve had the time to play a lot of sports - but it seems like that wouldve made you hella fit.. i think its more about being active than being able to play sports. ive always found the fitter ive been the easier picking up new sports is too - getting passed the 'just for fun' level is a different thing though..
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 20:13   Link #88
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Korea/Japan use soccer.
What! since when did Korea use soccer? I never heard of word soccer in Korea before.
Let's see sports I play, I play bit of tennis, but not really good at it. Also would Go count as sports?
Old 2008-03-15, 20:33   Link #89
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
What! since when did Korea use soccer? I never heard of word soccer in Korea before.
Let's see sports I play, I play bit of tennis, but not really good at it. Also would Go count as sports?
Since chess counts... I guess Go should also counts, too. I forgot to mention about it completely, lol ... I also know how to play Go after watching Hikaru no Go.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 17:16   Link #90
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
i don't do sports =3
i dont have the time for it since i work everyday to afford my college fees but i'm also astmatic..
i do train my dog every week and run competitions with her =3
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 18:56   Link #91
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Since chess counts... I guess Go should also counts, too. I forgot to mention about it completely, lol ... I also know how to play Go after watching Hikaru no Go.
To be honest I find that Go is something that you learned by playing instead of watching, though that's just me. Though it's very interesting that you learned it by watching Hikaru no Go, maybe I should watch it again, maybe I could learn something from watching it since now I know what the hell they are doing .
Old 2008-03-18, 19:16   Link #92
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
To be honest I find that Go is something that you learned by playing instead of watching, though that's just me. Though it's very interesting that you learned it by watching Hikaru no Go, maybe I should watch it again, maybe I could learn something from watching it since now I know what the hell they are doing .
Well, I did play Go after watching Hikaru no Go. I practiced for a few days on 9x9 board with a computer program. Then I went to yahoo game and tried to play a game--I got beaten badly. So after that, I just stopped there. Several months later, I found out that there was someone in my chess club at school who knew how to play Go trying to find someone to play with. I got beaten again by this person, but after a few games, I actually started to keep winning.

I know how to play Go (and get inspiration) from watching Hikaru no Go, but without those games, that probably wouldn't happen. It's actually a pretty fun game, too bad I don't get the opportunity to play a lot. I also don't know where I stand in term of my level of playing (without doubt, it must be really low).

I imagine Go to be very fun if I know what's considered as attacking, defending, and oh, in fantasy land, remembering all the moves from a game.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 23:05   Link #93
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
my lazy arse prevents me from the more physical sports, leaving me to Chess, and Mahjong. watching Akagi got me interested in playing Mahjong, but i generally play using Chinese rules, since the scoring in Japanese Mahjong is too... mm, let's say complicated to grab my attention/memory.
Old 2008-03-19, 05:44   Link #94
NG_Zhang

Is there anyone have prepared a plan to go to see the 2008 Beijing Olympics?

Now here is fairly beautiful at night.

I hope some one could see this picture:

And I also hope there will be a better air condition in August.

Spoiler for photos:
NG_Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 09:44   Link #95
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
in terms of real sports im a ski instructor (ex junior olympic ski team) play lots of tennis, golf, and just random basketball pick up games.

in terms of "sport" im into autocross, and general racing (not street, track, the former is 'tarded)
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 12:42   Link #96
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

i play real football and am a decent goalkeeper.
played indoor vollyball.
used to do 100m running.
Old 2008-04-10, 12:51   Link #97
GrXoNe
^__^

I used to play Soccer ( Ajax junior team for 2 years ), then i just got bored of the sport and took up atheletics 200m and 400 meter sprints and long distance runs.

Now every so often when i travel to the US, i do something that i call Manhattan riding.
Its where i ride a light wieght sports bike, from the Brooklyn bridge to Central park, as fast as i can thru lockdown ( basically the same what bike couriers do accept i do it for the thrill )
And when i reach central park i do a few laps, then race back to the bridge
Just something about racing the cars, and zig zagging thru traffic that gets my adrenalin going hehe.
GrXoNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 15:16   Link #98
Irkalla
I asked for this

volleyball 2-4 grade
basketball 5 grade
track 6- 8 (last year of primary)

then I got all lazy and still am...well I go running when I feel like and when it's warm enough outside.
Old 2008-04-10, 15:38   Link #99
Claude

Send a message via AIM to Claude Send a message via Yahoo to Claude
I practice jeet kune do, hapkido, boxing, kenpo, jiu-jitsu, eskrima, and basic military knife defense. Very little aikido... It really isn't as much as it sounds because a lot of the martial arts blend into each other.

Oh and I play table tennis. Hoping to make a ping pong club at my school next year. Do you guys think anyone would join?
Claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 08:35   Link #100
HayashiMugen
(O_O;)

Send a message via AIM to HayashiMugen
Golf, Table tennis, tennis. They are fun to play.
HayashiMugen is offline   Reply With Quote