AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-03-21, 17:44   Link #1
marvelB

Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous

Quote:
In this world, there exists individuals known as "Majin": supernatural beings able to wield unique powers. They live among the normal human beings, but the divide created between the Majin and the normal human race is severe. There exists a school known as Dangerous, where the population ratio of Majin students exceeds that of any other high school. In this school, two groups known as the "Banchou Group" and the "Seitokai" face each other in war, but they have created a balance of power, resulting in a temporary peace. Now, with the inclusion of new students, this balance of power is about to collapse. One of the "normal" students, Ryouseiin Otome is forced to choose sides before the beginning of Armageddon.

Been checking this one out since the translations started, and after seeing Randrak mention it in the OPM thread, I figured, why not make a thread for this series myself?

SO. High-schoolers with superpowers. Sounds TOTALLY original, right? But this one stands out (at least to me) due to the powers in question being pretty over the top (and as a fan of series like Jojo and One Piece, I loves me some crazy powers). I mean, the first chapter alone introduces a girl who has the power to literally make guys' balls explode! That alone should tell you how hardcore a series this is! Plus, there's super powered banchou, which I also find awesome by default.

Oh, and it should also be noted that the artist for this series is a certain Yoko, who I believe some here are already familiar with due to his doujin works (Onani Master Kurosawa and Molester Man, to name a couple).

Anyway, chapter 5 (the latest translated chapter at the moment) gave us an introduction to the "transfer student" faction, who..... seem to be from an alternate dimension or something (don't ask me, I'm just as clueless on this one ). It'll be really interesting to see where things go from here....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 22:00   Link #2
omega253

I was wondering why nobody made a thread for this yet...

Just like you, marvel, I also like seeing over-the-top super powers. It's fun to see them being pitted against each other in a desperate contest to see which is the crazier ability.

But for now, it's still in what could be called the 'introduction and exposition' phase. We're going to need more time before this thing really starts to take off.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 22:11   Link #3
BW95
Banned

Can someone tell me if there's any romance?
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 22:47   Link #4
marvelB

Chapter 6 has been translated!

So apparently, not only are the transfer students from an alternate dimension, but they're cannibals, too..... yeah.

Also, I find it curious that the painter majin guy's power showed the other two transfer students, but not that Muu guy. Wonder what's up with that....?
Old 2014-03-27, 17:40   Link #5
Awrya
U mad?

Ch.7 is out...I have no words.

This has turned into a must follow manga for me.
Old 2014-03-27, 18:23   Link #6
Red Cheese

Oh meh god oh meh god. Latest chapter.... Ryouseiin suddenly earned himself a massive harem lolol.
Red Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 18:38   Link #7
omega253

Uhhh....

So that's what the MC's power was... I feel sorry for anybody who has to face him.

[Chinpai] is a power that has a danger level exceeding that of even [Saitama]! It works on males and females!

Edit: oh yeah, there was that little omake, too! The Banchou group is celebrating their boss's new look!
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 19:17   Link #8
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

This manga is absurd, only word I can use to describe it is absurd but it's damn absurd in a odd awesome way.

Seriously what the f***ing hell is going on here?!

I'm pretty sure if I continue on with this, something is gonna break inside me....

....and continue on I will!
Old 2014-03-27, 19:29   Link #9
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
5 tankobons out so far, so we're in for a treat.

And srsly, Yoko is the illustrator?
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 22:33   Link #10
marvelB

Hardly any responses to the first few chapters, yet as soon as loli banchou appears....

.....but y'know, I'm actually more curious as to how the banchou group will protect their "important pieces" after they transform. But then again, I wonder if turning that Ayu girl into a boy would would disrupt her "Saitama" power somehow....?
Old 2014-03-27, 22:42   Link #11
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Hardly any responses to the first few chapters, yet as soon as loli banchou appears....

.....but y'know, I'm actually more curious as to how the banchou group will protect their "important pieces" after they transform. But then again, I wonder if turning that Ayu girl into a boy would would disrupt her "Saitama" power somehow....?
It is an attention grabber.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 23:14   Link #12
Red Cheese

It's a good & bad idea at the same time. Good is I like seeing cute girls fighting than some random machos. Bad is...I don't like seeing some cute girl's head popped :/
Red Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 00:45   Link #13
TJP1600
寄生桃

Up to like CH 11 at the moment, but this feels like Akame ga Kiru to a certain extent with some sick humor added to it and it is really quite grotesque at times (it gets worse, and it's not just because of the gore). I don't know, maybe other people find it funny. The first two chapters just seem totally pointless as well. Perhaps if the powers were a little more reasonable this wouldn't be on a cusp of being dropped. I'm also waiting to see if there is any serious romance to this.
Old 2014-03-29, 00:59   Link #14
Kioras

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP1600 View Post
Up to like CH 11 at the moment, but this feels like Akame ga Kiru to a certain extent with some sick humor added to it and it is really quite grotesque at times (it gets worse, and it's not just because of the gore). I don't know, maybe other people find it funny. The first two chapters just seem totally pointless as well. Perhaps if the powers were a little more reasonable this wouldn't be on a cusp of being dropped. I'm also waiting to see if there is any serious romance to this.
What I glanced at basically the chinese raws what I got is that it is a more blatantly sexualized AgK, with more extensive/messy gore. With even a higher on panel death count?

Not sure if it can make you care about the characters as much since it mostly moves from death scene to death scene with less in between character interaction and exposition.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 01:16   Link #15
TJP1600
寄生桃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post
What I glanced at basically the chinese raws what I got is that it is a more blatantly sexualized AgK, with more extensive/messy gore. With even a higher on panel death count?

Not sure if it can make you care about the characters as much since it mostly moves from death scene to death scene with less in between character interaction and exposition.
It's pretty much just as you described, although it is sexualized in a very odd manner. I'm reading from the Chinese tls and I do think the overall plot so far is fine despite the other nonsensical stuff they add. I'll probably give it a couple more chapters and hope the plot doesn't stall.

Edit: Ch 12 crossed the line for me, dropped

Last edited by TJP1600; 2014-03-29 at 02:26.
TJP1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 04:13   Link #16
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP1600 View Post
It's pretty much just as you described, although it is sexualized in a very odd manner. I'm reading from the Chinese tls and I do think the overall plot so far is fine despite the other nonsensical stuff they add. I'll probably give it a couple more chapters and hope the plot doesn't stall.

Edit: Ch 12 crossed the line for me, dropped
I really want to read past 7 but don't know Moonspeak. I want to know if anything has happened to uh...what's her name (on the cross) yet. I don't really see this as anything worth continuing, but I want to know if she makes it out or not.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate

Last edited by ZodiacBeast; 2014-03-29 at 04:28.
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 18:59   Link #17
Esclair

Finally got caught up on the chapters. Pretty interesting so far. To me it feels like Medaka Box crossed with Akame ga Kiru.
Old 2014-03-31, 22:47   Link #18
Esclair

Chapter 8 out!

You know, it's kind of weird that just changing genders would cause the banchou to have such a drastic personality shift. I don't think the original banchou would be embarrassed by turning into a cute girl or being naked in front of everyone.
Old 2014-04-01, 01:23   Link #19
marvelB

Hmm, it's actually interesting to see some more mixed opinions from those who read further ahead. It's a shame they dropped it, but at the same time I can kinda understand why (but me, I said I was in it for the crazy powers from the beginning, so I'm staying on this ride! ).

Anyway, chapter 8 was interesting, to say the least. I don't really think Jakennou (banchou leader) went through any particularly drastic change in personality, though. I mean, I'd imagine most guys would be pretty shocked by going through such a sudden change in physical features, after all. And that's even putting aside him punching that one dude who tried to rape him....

Also, I find it highly amusing that so many of those dudes remained ugly after getting their genders switched!
Old 2014-04-01, 22:04   Link #20
redsnigami

ask

hey why is that everyone drop the series after chapter 12 i want to know in a spoiler and is because

1the main girl gets more faster eaten by the dimensional freaks
2the teacher rapes the main girl since she gets eaten maybe he wants fun
3 far horrible...the main guy fell in love on the loli banchou and the banchou too
so please someone i need the answer
redsnigami is offline   Reply With Quote