AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-13, 21:54   Link #521
sonicspin
キョン子主義
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to sonicspin
Episode 37 had some of the best animation I've ever seen from an TV anime. Next weeks episode looks really interesting (and it looks like Hayate will be returning.)
sonicspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 23:22   Link #522
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Animation sure... art was horrific at many many points though, so it's clear where they made the tradeoff.

Still, can't be mad with this
Spoiler:
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 23:38   Link #523
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Well, now all we need is ZKC's version of Apocalypse and I can finally say this is Loli X-men
Old 2008-12-13, 23:51   Link #524
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Yeah, I got that impression too. Although I honestly like the Hellfire Club and/or Phoenix more than Apocalypse (or Mr Sinister for that matter). Still, some Four Horsemen action would be pretty sweet.
Old 2008-12-14, 02:04   Link #525
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Godamnd you Gonzo, you can't animate SHIT. The art was horrible. Why the hell do they keep bringing Gonzo back? Hurry up and go BANKRUPT allready you POS company.

The episode in itself was good (except for the gonzo shit animation). We have a Magneto and a Mr. Sinister, and mabye a Pheonix. We need a Apocalypse and we're all set.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 03:12   Link #526
Peanutbutter

Brilliant episode 37. Best one so far in the series, topped up by the very best animation I have ever seen in an anime.

Next one looks good too.

I just noted something:

Spoiler for Ep 37, pantsu:

Last edited by Peanutbutter; 2008-12-14 at 04:30.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 15:28   Link #527
ReddyRedWolf

Having watched episodes 35 and 36 I'm starting to worry about Shiho's mental health.

Oh Wildcat is jailbait who knew?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 17:56   Link #528
cnnydz
Feed me

ruined, ep 37 was completely trashed by gonzo, and just as i had feared, they removed all the gory scenes. the story feels rushed, there are enough material for making two episodes, but the worst of all is - no one died. i really wanted to see BARBEL agents get their brains splattered on a wall.
Spoiler for manga:
cnnydz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 18:00   Link #529
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnydz View Post
ruined, ep 37 was completely trashed by gonzo, and just as i had feared, they removed all the gory scenes. the story feels rushed, there are enough material for making two episodes, but the worst of all is - no one died. i really wanted to see BARBEL agents get their brains splattered on a wall.
Spoiler for manga:
What did you exspect from the every beginning they played up the cute, loli ,echiness and downplayed the darker nature of it, frankly we are lucky to get any of the core plot and story's at all the way things are going.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 21:10   Link #530
arkhangelsk

I'm not too against the cutting. Nevermind the reorientation, the whole Babel shooting and death scene is IMO not really in atmosphere with the rest, and the way the author yanked it back into ZKC normalcy is too fast. Maybe it is not so much cutting as the author deciding if he had to do it all over again he would have cut the gore scenes. Whether you agree with this change is another matter.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 21:14   Link #531
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
I'm not too against the cutting. Nevermind the reorientation, the whole Babel shooting and death scene is IMO not really in atmosphere with the rest, and the way the author yanked it back into ZKC normalcy is too fast. Maybe it is not so much cutting as the author deciding if he had to do it all over again he would have cut the gore scenes. Whether you agree with this change is another matter.
Call me baka but sense when dose a author have say over the anime?
I guess can work out contracts to not be left out and some are welcomed to join in on the project.... perhaps I am reading in to much to crappy mass amrket media...
Old 2008-12-15, 21:45   Link #532
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
Call me baka but sense when dose a author have say over the anime?
I guess can work out contracts to not be left out and some are welcomed to join in on the project.... perhaps I am reading in to much to crappy mass amrket media...
The author of Higurashi specifically requested an arc in the second season to include things left out in the first season, and it happened. Generally, if the author requests something, it WILL happen, no matter how trivial it may seem. Unless the author and the anime producers fight (I.E., Bokuramo)

Personally, I'm starting to feel like ZKC is going to need a time skip if they want to keep this within a single season of 52 episodes. They need to link up the present and the future, and start to show the changes in the girls that will change them into the monsters they eventually become. Right now they're 10, and I'm guessing their adult version are 20, so skip to where they are 15 and start to show the changes.
Old 2008-12-15, 21:49   Link #533
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
The author of Higurashi specifically requested an arc in the second season to include things left out in the first season, and it happened. Generally, if the author requests something, it WILL happen, no matter how trivial it may seem. Unless the author and the anime producers fight (I.E., Bokuramo)

Personally, I'm starting to feel like ZKC is going to need a time skip if they want to keep this within a single season of 52 episodes. They need to link up the present and the future, and start to show the changes in the girls that will change them into the monsters they eventually become. Right now they're 10, and I'm guessing their adult version are 20, so skip to where they are 15 and start to show the changes.
Ah well its nice to know most Authors hide from the TV rapage of their show :P

I mean Rosiro to vampire...ggaaaaaa........ whats up wif that

Anyway if the author has sway on the project then all one can do is relax and enjoy the retelling of events.
Old 2008-12-15, 22:29   Link #534
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Nah, I dun think The Children will finish elementary school by the end of the season.

That'll be saved for a 2nd season 5 years later.
Old 2008-12-16, 14:29   Link #535
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Nah, I dun think The Children will finish elementary school by the end of the season.

That'll be saved for a 2nd season 5 years later.
How are the DVD sales of ZKC doing? I know based on fansub DLs, it's really not that popular, so I kind of doubt it's looking at a 2nd season.
Old 2008-12-16, 19:02   Link #536
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
How are the DVD sales of ZKC doing? I know based on fansub DLs, it's really not that popular, so I kind of doubt it's looking at a 2nd season.
Economics do not work that way.
Old 2008-12-17, 09:05   Link #537
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Episode 37 was indee epic. Kyosuke VS Bullet was great, even with the wierd artwork at times

"Come brat!" and "As I though, saving you is..." are some great lines by Kyosuke, who showed us why he's the biggest badass in this show.

One thing I don't get, since I have not read the manga. Kyosuke calls Black Phantom "the back will of normals", even though he is an esper. Does that mean that Black Phantom works for normals?

Also, cute fact: Magi calls Kaoru "Queen" and Shiho "Empress". Wonder what he'll call Aoi.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 20:00   Link #538
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Also, cute fact: Magi calls Kaoru "Queen" and Shiho "Empress". Wonder what he'll call Aoi.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-12-18, 01:05   Link #539
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnydz View Post
SynergySP is making the creative decisions, not Gonzo. Also, even if this is technically a 3400 in the morning show, it is still airing at 10am and there is no way they could show what is in those manga images even if they wanted to. It would have to be censored.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 11:42   Link #540
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Why do I keep thinking Gainax when watching ep 37

It was great though, but suddenly the up rising of some espers that can even match kyousuke (or that old general dude) makes the power levels of this series seem completely off...

*Shrugs* though I don't really mind the inconsistency

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
babel, comedy, esper, loli, shounen