AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-25, 19:58   Link #701
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Hopefully they are waiting on the manga and all, because I'd prefer another omg-I-can't-believe-it's-actually-52-episodes season than it all being cut up one cour to the next. But man, that particular animation studio does the manga justice from beginning to the end.

Something Madhouse can learn...
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-26, 23:50   Link #702
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Indeed SynergySP has done some pretty interesting adaptations from all the series they've adapted, likes M.A.R, Hayate no Gotoku S1, Cross Game, and Zettai Karen Children itself.

But Madhouse itself isn't half bad? I mean, they tend to take some liberties, but their Card Captors Sakura adaptation is pretty good, and what they did with the later arcs of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles is quite nice as well.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 04:35   Link #703
Molenir

I originally started to watch this anime when it first came out. After about 7 episodes or so though, I found myself unaccountably annoyed, and dropped it. My brother really enjoyed it however, and after a great deal of coercion, I've been convinced to give it another try. Please note, I've never read the manga, and know nothing about the story, apart from what I've seen of the anime.

After watching the first 10 episodes, my impression was, its a decent show, but Kyousuke is getting way too much air time. Thus far, if you fast forward through any part with him in it, the show is a lot more enjoyable.

Episode 12 - Too stupid to watch.

Now on episode 17. Have to admit, its not getting any better. Every time sh*tbag shows up, the enjoyment level just immediately drops. And since the creators decided he must be in every single episode, its sometimes hard to watch this. Fortunately, thats what the fast forward button is for. I've found that if you just skip whenever he is onscreen, the show actually becomes much more enjoyable. Its sad though that you have to resort to this in order to make the show worth watching.

Last edited by Molenir; 2010-03-04 at 18:29.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 23:18   Link #704
Midonin
Last Engage

Okay, diverting to other topics.

By which I mean, the middle school OVA. It finally has a set release date. 7/16. Now all I need is to know if Keiichiro Kawaguchi is still directing and what, if any, songs will be on it. Then I will be a happy man.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 15:03   Link #705
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Spoiler for Upcoming OVA...:
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 11:31   Link #706
Proto

Feather taking control or something?
Old 2010-07-18, 14:29   Link #707
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Well, it was released, I watched it, and am in the process of translating it. It was a very VERY good episode. The ZKC robot girls said that this wasn't something the studio decided to do on their own, and that the OVA story was approved by the manga author. They also said that if the sales are good, they might make a second season, and that they hope to sell 20.000 copies. The highlight of this episode was Minamoto trying to kill everyone in BABEL. His voice was deliciously evil. Kyosuke stole the show for me, though, with his threats to Phantom's Daughter, and face off with Minamoto. While they didn't fight, their talk was very intense, and it was nice to see them in a reversed role. I especially loved that they made Kyosuke much more serious throughout the episode. He didn't crack a single joke until the end of the OVA, and had those cold eyes during most of the episode. I think it's because he knew that the only way to stop Minamoto was going to put Kaoru through a lot of pain.

tl;dr: IT WAS AWESOME!!!

Here's my favorite scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfI5ikCvaaQ

Last edited by DmonHiro; 2010-07-18 at 15:01.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 08:15   Link #708
Peanutbutter

Apparently, season 2 has been announced right?

I'm in the middle of getting the chinese sub for this.

EDIT: Woah, they spoke English, but damn it's too fast for my ears. Need to slow down that part to catch everything. I only picked up the "This is an Original Video Animation" part.

Just noted the 20,000 sales target as well.

Last edited by Peanutbutter; 2010-07-19 at 09:52.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 06:40   Link #709
fukarming

Is 20000 an achievable sales target? I want to watch the second season
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 07:40   Link #710
DmonHiro

It's not a very high number, I just hope they reach it.

PS: We're waiting for the official lyrics that come out on the 28th, before we release the OVA. Sorry for the wait, but I want this release as close to perfection as possible.
Old 2010-07-23, 20:43   Link #711
Midonin
Last Engage

Thank you, Children-bots. Your Englishy explanation fills me with hope and dreams of Keiichiro Kawaguchi directing a second year-long series. It feels good to return to this series, even for a brief moment.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 14:33   Link #712
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
It's not a very high number, I just hope they reach it.

PS: We're waiting for the official lyrics that come out on the 28th, before we release the OVA. Sorry for the wait, but I want this release as close to perfection as possible.
I, for one, will be happy to wait since I'd like to see it in it's best light. Though I hope the announcement will be in the usual places... :-)

I've read a couple of reviews that have said that if you've only watched the anime series that you'll be totally lost about what is going on in this one. I've been slowly making my way through the manga, but are there particular chapters I should make sure to read before this shows if I want to know what's really going on?
Old 2010-07-31, 16:58   Link #713
DmonHiro

It's a stand alone story. All you need to watch is the TV anime.
Old 2010-08-02, 22:17   Link #714
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
It's a stand alone story. All you need to watch is the TV anime.
Looking forward to it then! Any idea of an ETA (he asked insensitively)
Old 2010-08-03, 14:34   Link #715
ramunes

Does anybody have the DVD or BD Cover. The one for the BD is just aces
ramunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 15:48   Link #716
madmac

Quote:
Is 20000 an achievable sales target? I want to watch the second season
According to ANN, it was #21 in normal DVD sales the week before it was released, with 2,360 sales, and on Blue Ray it was #8 in sales that same week, but no numbers on that chart. It looks like #1 for Blue Ray is typically around 20,000 sales, though, and the top 10 aren't usually all that far apart from each other.

I'd say it's very, very achievable.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 12:53   Link #717
Proto

Quote:
Well, it was released, I watched it, and am in the process of translating it. It was a very VERY good episode. The ZKC robot girls said that this wasn't something the studio decided to do on their own, and that the OVA story was approved by the manga author. They also said that if the sales are good, they might make a second season, and that they hope to sell 20.000 copies. The highlight of this episode was Minamoto trying to kill everyone in BABEL. His voice was deliciously evil. Kyosuke stole the show for me, though, with his threats to Phantom's Daughter, and face off with Minamoto. While they didn't fight, their talk was very intense, and it was nice to see them in a reversed role. I especially loved that they made Kyosuke much more serious throughout the episode. He didn't crack a single joke until the end of the OVA, and had those cold eyes during most of the episode. I think it's because he knew that the only way to stop Minamoto was going to put Kaoru through a lot of pain.

tl;dr: IT WAS AWESOME!!!

Here's my favorite scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfI5ikCvaaQ
Thanks for your efforts. As a fellow ZKC fan I really appreciate it.
Old 2011-04-13, 21:11   Link #718
tyciol
*Artist

So I heard there was an OVA of this series but I can't seem to find any information about it. Is it possible that the OVA is this 39.5 'special' recap?
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 21:15   Link #719
Johnny
Working the bags...

It's called Zettai Karen Children OVA: Aitazousei! Ubawareta Mirai?. Takes place in middle school...
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 16:49   Link #720
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

I have just started to watch this show and I like it.
BUT why is the animation in ep 27 so messed up ? And what about the following eps? Will it get back to "normal"?

Tags
babel, comedy, esper, loli, shounen