AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-06-30, 03:26   Link #161
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

No problem, family comes first Solace.. I'll take the mantle in the mean time and see the contest running smoothly except for one thing.. I need someone to count the votes

Edit:
We could also set up a contest committee if there's several volunteers too
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Last edited by KiNA; 2008-06-30 at 03:51.
KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 04:39   Link #162
Avantoe
In Memories
*Graphic Designer

I guess i could help out counting votes, it shouldn't be that hard

Avantoe's corner | My Anime List | Sig by Malin |
Avantoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 07:45   Link #163
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Since I'm online almost everyday. I wouldn't mind helping with the vote counting.
Old 2008-06-30, 08:51   Link #164
KasumiGirl
The endless sky
*Graphic Designer

If assistance is needed, feel free to ask me. Solace does certainly deserve a break indeed! Thanks for your earlier establishment with the SOTM, and we will all try to keep the SOTM going as best we can.
Oh, and Sol - best of luck with the mortgage crisis. *nods*

KasumiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 10:24   Link #165
Ayame_
Ever Bright, Ever Blue
*Graphic Designer

Yeah wow, hate to see things like that happen, best of luck as well.

Id also be up for anything I could help with, my sig making skills are rusting over, but Im pretty good with organizing things, so id be up for anything. Best of luck again.
Old 2008-06-30, 11:43   Link #166
Shana

Send a message via MSN to Shana
I know how the mortgage feels Solace =) me and a friend of mine were playing Monopoly and she made me mortgage

Sorry, I always like to make jokes XD. But really, good luck with that best wishes for you! real life comes first we'll be able to carry on this contest. Also you really need a break, you've been pulling your hair (at this point I don't quite think you have hair left XD) for this contest too much!

I am willing to help with listing entries, since numbers (counting votes) isn't my thing.
Shana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 12:01   Link #167
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

@ Solace, pretty much what everybody had said already, just focus your life now and we'll make sure that once you're back, everything will be better!
(And I add myself to the list of free laborers)

Also, I made a SOTM wall since nobody else did it yet.
Spoiler for Big image:

^ Touhoues for president. ^
Chinese Saimoe 08 Congradulations to C.C. and Shana for winning Chinese Saimoe 08

Last edited by cicido; 2008-06-30 at 15:19.
cicido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 14:34   Link #168
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

I guess it wasn't officially the "sig of the month" yet, but what about the sig Kasumi won with in January? That competition sort of started it all.

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 15:20   Link #169
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

I would of added it but photobucket deleted it.

^ Touhoues for president. ^
Chinese Saimoe 08 Congradulations to C.C. and Shana for winning Chinese Saimoe 08
cicido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 19:10   Link #170
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I appreciate the kind words everyone. It means a lot to me.

Ok, for the July SOTM I'll leave the Entry gathering to KiNA and the Vote counting to Marina. Anyone with questions about those aspects will have to direct questions to them and anyone they appoint as helpers for this month.

Spoiler for Entry Thread Code:

Spoiler for Voting Thread Code:

These are the codes for the Entry and Voting Threads. Just update the month, winner, theme, and dates and you'll be set.

I'll do my best to visit and help when I can, and things should be back to "normal" soon. In the meantime, I know I'm leaving things in good hands and it's comforting to know that the contest will continue uninterrupted.
Old 2008-06-30, 20:47   Link #171
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

So, should I msg the new theme to KiNA instead =o?

Anyways, wish you luck Solace!! Thanks for all the hardwork!!
Old 2008-06-30, 21:01   Link #172
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Do you have your idea worked out? If so go announce it in the voting thread and I'll create the July entry thread to get the things going. KiNA can handle things after that.
Old 2008-06-30, 22:25   Link #173
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Very well then, I'll see to it until you've return.

Yoroshiku onegaishimassu minna
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-08-06, 19:24   Link #174
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

If you check the opening post of this thread, I've edited it to start the FAQ that's been on hold forever. I've started some early questions/answers, but if there's anything that you guys think should be added, please post them.

@cicido - I was going to put that wall you made to use, but it won't load for me. If you are still interested I can add it to the FAQ.
Old 2008-09-13, 13:03   Link #175
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

It seems to me that lately in the sotm entry thread, there has been discord. What would be the best thing to do when certain individuals seem to be there for trouble, or simply just can't help but put others down? This competition is not soley for the entry of high-level sigs, and I don't ever feel the impulse to belittle someone else's work whether they be a beginner or not just because I feel like some 'elitist' that sees their work as a waste of time. This kind of competition is all about improvement and support and most importantly: having fun. I've been seeing this sort of rude behavior lately and it makes me irritated that I can't really do anything about it; however, the people in question don't really break the rules either, but continuously justify his/her actions in a way that makes it difficult to pinpoint the problem and fix it.

To what extent would such a situation have to escalate before someone is forced to kick like person from the competition?

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 13:23   Link #176
KickHopper
[Never Give Up]
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to KickHopper Send a message via MSN to KickHopper
Personally, I would say when the person being criticized by the elitist is actually offended by what the person is saying and contacts an admin or something. Every person is different as I, for one, have developed a tough shell on the internetz, especially in the tagging community.

You just have to learn to ignore some of it and look at the criticism that benefits your improvement.

[R.I.P Lisa Chung : A Truly Remarkable Person.]
KickHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 18:01   Link #177
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
It seems to me that lately in the sotm entry thread, there has been discord. What would be the best thing to do when certain individuals seem to be there for trouble, or simply just can't help but put others down? This competition is not soley for the entry of high-level sigs, and I don't ever feel the impulse to belittle someone else's work whether they be a beginner or not just because I feel like some 'elitist' that sees their work as a waste of time. This kind of competition is all about improvement and support and most importantly: having fun. I've been seeing this sort of rude behavior lately and it makes me irritated that I can't really do anything about it; however, the people in question don't really break the rules either, but continuously justify his/her actions in a way that makes it difficult to pinpoint the problem and fix it.

To what extent would such a situation have to escalate before someone is forced to kick like person from the competition?
I know who you refering too.. and as much as I hate it, I flexed my rep muscle on the said person just to remind him. I treat every one here as my family and I dont tolerate peoples making fun just because they thought their skills justified them.

Other then that, just tag the offending post as rude comment and let the mods deals with it.

I dont think kicking them from the competition will do anything, the best I say let them, we have a unique taste in voting. What may look good for them may not so to our eyes and they will taste defeat if they fail to adjust to the crowd here.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-09-13, 18:12   Link #178
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Yes, I have sensed such a ruckus on the thread these days, and as KiNA said, there isnt much to deal with this. Umm, well what can I say..to a certain extent constructive criticisms are welcome because they help the improving of one's skills but destructive criticisms are not appreciated, but there is not much to be done here other then marking it as an offensive post.

I think kicking them off would not help either, adding on to what KiNA said, because that just defeats the purpose of our rule of letting everybody join in the SOTM.
Old 2008-09-13, 18:12   Link #179
escimo
Paparazzi

I was a bit sorry to see those posts in the submit thread. I've liked the fact that people here have so far been quite capable of giving constructive criticism. Not that I'm afraid that it isn't going to go on as so.

It's a bit sad when someones forget that constructive criticism is called constructive criticism because it's supposed to be constructive. (did I say constructive many times enough?) Because if the criticism isn't constructive it's just bashing and that helps absolutely no one. I've enjoyed my stay here because of the lack of raving loons so I was actually considering popping the cherry of my ignore list.

Play nice kids, pretty please.
Old 2008-09-13, 18:15   Link #180
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Just for the record.. there's 6 constructive word in your post.. Very constructive post from a constructive person I must say
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Tags
contest, signature, sotm