AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-03-19, 20:14   Link #41
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Chobits' extremely bland colors bother me....and so does Chii. No personality what so ever. If she was more like Hazuki from Moonphase, Chobits would be so much better.

Elfen Lied is good but Yuka got a GREAT deal of complaining from me. I don't see why she has to be that way. She's one of the worst main female characters I've ever seen.
Old 2008-03-19, 22:14   Link #42
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
No series is perfect, but here are two of my favorites that I thought had very, very few flaws.

Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid, which is my personal favorite show, probably alienated some of its own fans by not being able to find a balance of screen time for all the characters, with Kaname early on and Kurz probably getting the brunt of this. Otherwise, I can't think of any faults that the show had, unless you're not a fan of the genre, in which case you probably shouldn't be watching it anyway.

The jury is still out on True Tears, but barring a cataclysmic train wreck of an ending, this might be the most error free romance drama anime that I've seen so far. The writing is actually better than a lot of live action shows. The only problems I can think of are some pacing issues that befall the middle episodes, they tended to drag.

EDIT: nevermind.... Shinichiro = fail.

Currently Watching: Da Capo II Second Season, Kure-nai, Macross Frontier, Code Geass, Nijuuu Mensou no Musume

Last edited by mcruz1014; 2008-03-24 at 21:23.
mcruz1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 12:08   Link #43
Eclipze

Not perfect, but series with the "least amounts of things to complain about".

Ouran High School Host Club. Animation was consistent and superb, as expected from studio BONES, fantastic soundtrack that gave the show it's classy ambiance, all the while managing to keep me entertained and laughing for a good 24~ episodes or so before it ended with a small dose of drama.

Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid. Consistent and superb animation quality as expected of KyoAni, while having a tight pace that kept things interesting. Music was fitting as well, tho not very memoriable...

The "has a few things to complain about but nearly perfect" category (a.k.a honorable mention) has one title: Eureka Seven. Take away the single filler episode and it would've been part of the above group.
Old 2008-03-22, 22:56   Link #44
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
The "has a few things to complain about but nearly perfect" category (a.k.a honorable mention) has one title: Eureka Seven. Take away the single filler episode and it would've been part of the above group.
Are you talking about the soccer episode? I actually loved that episode. I guess it wouldve been a pain though if you were catching the show on its weekly TV run, but it was perfect for a marathon watch, since it does a nice job of changing pace.

Currently Watching: Da Capo II Second Season, Kure-nai, Macross Frontier, Code Geass, Nijuuu Mensou no Musume
mcruz1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 00:48   Link #45
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Slice of Life shows like Azumanga Daioh, Minami-ke, Lucky Star, and Manabi Straight! Not much to complain about there except maybe way too much cuteness

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 01:13   Link #46
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Slice of Life shows like Azumanga Daioh, Minami-ke, Lucky Star, and Manabi Straight! Not much to complain about there except maybe way too much cuteness
Or that they're unfunny in their quest for humour, their lack of any plot (except Manabi Straight), and low animation budget.
The first and last don't really apply to any of the four mentioned, though. Just slice-of-life in general.
Old 2008-03-23, 01:38   Link #47
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Eureka 7 and Gundam 08th ms team
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 04:39   Link #48
psgels

Send a message via MSN to psgels
Let's see:

Mushishi: an obvious one. It's an awesome series, and it didn't screw up anywhere.

Ghost Hound: at least, for the moment. The series hasn't ended yet, but so far it's been an incredibly solid series.

I also don't have any complaints about Figure 17, Haibane Renmei and Hi no Tori.
Old 2008-03-24, 06:58   Link #49
silencer.001
In a mobile suit behind u

Gundam 8MS team also
Full Metal Panic
GunXSword
Ouran High School Host Club

and that all that i can think of right now
Old 2008-03-24, 12:11   Link #50
Claude

Send a message via AIM to Claude Send a message via Yahoo to Claude
I will never have anything to complain about Aishiteruze Baby and Kanon 2006.
Claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 16:13   Link #51
Leopluradonsauce

Monster

Ouran High School Host Club

School Rumble
Leopluradonsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 16:28   Link #52
Un1234l

There is no such thing a perfect anime. There will always be some flaws that people's bias will just override. But since they ignore the flaws, I guess it IS perfect... at least in their minds.

What about me? I'd say Nodame Cantabile, true tears (so far), Kanon 2006, and Clannad had the least things I complained about. If this was 1 1/2 years ago, I would also have include Naruto. But alas, I have matured and have gotten much more knowledgable.

Moving along, how can people NOT see the flaws of Lucky Star? (I DON'T HATE IT) Some parts dragged and were uninteresting, and too much Haruhi references. Just those 2 are enough to make me not put it in the list of "Anime I have never complained about"
Un1234l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 20:08   Link #53
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
And here's where difference in opinions come in. Some people find these Haruhi references to be "perfect," while some find it a flaw.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 21:11   Link #54
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I find it GREAT. I was arguing with someone about this. He said Lucky Star was just a big Haruhi commercial and it was only popular because of Haruhi. I said, "FOOL! Lucky Star is popular for all the reasons that make ANY anime popular: its art, animation, music, characters, humor, etc.
Old 2008-03-26, 22:13   Link #55
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

The only anime I've probably never had a single complaint about is Mushishi. And so far I have no complaints about Gundam 00, but thats still an ongoing series so I could have some comnplaints by the end of it.
Old 2008-03-27, 19:49   Link #56
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

to me i never complained about

Ouran High school host club
Chobits
CCS
Lucky stars
Melacholy of Suzumiya haruhi

hmm i think im about right here

still no anime siries is perfect it that anime would be made well i can pretty guess that Earth would have befall WAR on each other cuz every country will want that anime
Old 2008-09-21, 19:53   Link #57
Abashi

Watched:
Kashimashi

Watching:
Moonphase
Old 2008-09-21, 20:07   Link #58
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Let's see...

Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (Everything SAC)
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Serial Experiments Lain
Death Note
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 20:36   Link #59
risingstar3110
Dead Master ★ BRS

Wow, old thread =]

If about the aspect of "never complaint about", i will say:
Rurouni Keshin Ova: Trust and Betrayal
Final Fantasy 7: Adventure Children
and... The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi

Longer anime tend to have some filler(FMA, Macross F), and therefore unsatisfy my marking scale. Some come really close through, eg. Darker than black

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2008-09-21 at 20:54.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 20:38   Link #60
WolfCoder
wolfen programmer

Send a message via AIM to WolfCoder Send a message via MSN to WolfCoder Send a message via Yahoo to WolfCoder
Spice and Wolf
Utawarerumono
Lucky Star

| | |
WolfCoder is offline   Reply With Quote