AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-03-15, 21:44   Link #21
blewin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
the first season is ok. Pretty standard cliche. Boy enters magical world, obtains mysterious power and in the end vows to protect his love. I find the characters appealling, their concerns realistic despite the lack of complexity in the plot.

but the second season? I dropped it after 3-4 episodes. It focusses more on fanservice than character development and plot execution (though I haven't read the novels, so I can't say for sure. Maybe the novels are fanservice oriented).
blewin is offline  
Old 2008-03-15, 22:35   Link #22
qtipbrit
Buddhajew
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
the first season is ok. Pretty standard cliche. Boy enters magical world, obtains mysterious power and in the end vows to protect his love. I find the characters appealling, their concerns realistic despite the lack of complexity in the plot.
I personally can't name another anime from the top of my head that has this kind of "boy enters magical world, mysterious power, etc.." plot, but then again, I generally don't watch much anime similar to this. I'd still say it's cliche, but it's because it's a generic fanservice anime with a bit of action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
(though I haven't read the novels, so I can't say for sure. Maybe the novels are fanservice oriented).
I haven't read them either, but I've found that it's quite difficult for a novel with around 8-10 pictures to be "fanservice oriented".
__________________
qtipbrit is offline  
Old 2008-03-16, 04:33   Link #23
Oxtail
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: So Cal
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
I haven't read them either, but I've found that it's quite difficult for a novel with around 8-10 pictures to be "fanservice oriented".

Spoiler for light novel fanservice?:


I don't really consider it fanservice when it furthers the plot like in the novels. But a lot of the stuff in the anime like breast jokes and panty shots is pretty gratuitous.

Last edited by Oxtail; 2008-03-16 at 04:33. Reason: linkage
Oxtail is offline  
Old 2012-01-15, 09:50   Link #24
chloe-tsundere
the no 1 louise fan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: netherlands
well its my no 1 favourite I think it is all about your own personal taste.

it does not have a deep plot but I think the characters are very nicely done and the serie seems ot be quite popular. I am a huge fan and even cosplay as louise. but if you dont like tsunderes I cant recommend this since she is a die-hard one who beats saito a lot ( think she has the right for it but just a bit exaggerated lol)

it is all about magic and action further as being said but the light novel is better and adds more as too much is being left out in the seasons from it. so recommend reading that as well

first season is good as well as 2nd 3rd is just plainly fanservice but if you enjoy that its funny cause I loved it but thats cause of the characters for me

hope youre going to watch and enjoy it! so you can have your own opinion about it
chloe-tsundere is offline  
Old 2012-01-15, 10:02   Link #25
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
I see many bad opinions about S2 when it actually contained more romance developing.

I noticed that most of the bad critics came from people who dropped it halfway: well, just to let you know, the last episode is even more touching/moving than the 11th of S1. There actually is more developing in the romance (ep5), there is a peak at ep12(prior to the last 4 mins ofc). It's true that some secondary characters got developed(colbert), but i didn't mind that much.

The real disappointment comes from S3, which is filled with stupid episodes and useless fanservice.

Anyways, i simply liked much this series, so don't mind if i support it too much. It's just that i found some things you stated to be not true.
Classified Info is offline  
Old 2012-01-16, 22:37   Link #26
theazn
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
I see many bad opinions about S2 when it actually contained more romance developing.

I noticed that most of the bad critics came from people who dropped it halfway: well, just to let you know, the last episode is even more touching/moving than the 11th of S1. There actually is more developing in the romance (ep5), there is a peak at ep12(prior to the last 4 mins ofc). It's true that some secondary characters got developed(colbert), but i didn't mind that much.

The real disappointment comes from S3, which is filled with stupid episodes and useless fanservice.

Anyways, i simply liked much this series, so don't mind if i support it too much. It's just that i found some things you stated to be not true.
Pretty much this is season 2, not much storyline but the last episode (be sure to stop the anime at 20:24 if you're watching the 23:45 one as the rest of it will ruin it)
Spoiler for the ending:

Season 3 is just fan service and really no plot, I only watched it because I just like Louise and Saito overall . Season 4 (Zero no Tsukiama F) is a lot better so far, probably because the director of season 1 is doing it. Good plot development although a bit rushed.
theazn is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.