AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Regios

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-03-05, 00:46   Link #981
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLama View Post
So since this is the general chat for CSR, I figured I would ask a few questions about it and see what others think..........

1. Does anyone think this with either be avaiable on DVD in the U.S with dubbs someday and/or ported to American television and maybe placed on Adult Swim or Sci-Fi's AniMondays?
Possibly. It seems like it has a very good chance to be licensed in America. I don't know about it getting on American TV. It's certainly a possibly especially on it making on Sci-fi but it hard to guess whether or not they'll go for it.

Quote:
2. Is there any merchendise such as action figures and or clothing in the works that we know about?

Just checking in, thanks guys!
I'm certain it will eventually have it own figures made for characters and some promotional clothing. Though most likely you'd have to buy it from Japan and have it shipped here as I doubt they'll have similar here in America even if it gets licensed.
__________________
Slick_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 01:12   Link #982
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
I'm certain it will eventually have it own figures made for characters and some promotional clothing. Though most likely you'd have to buy it from Japan and have it shipped here as I doubt they'll have similar here in America even if it gets licensed.
... As far as I can look for it, I found one figure for Nina. Just... Nina. The rest from my source are two characters, each from Rental Magica (I don't know her name) and Bamboo Blade (Tamaki).

But it seems to be of a custom make... meaning, if you're thinking it's from well-known figure makers you're probably wrong.

Source found here.
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 08:21   Link #983
GreenLama
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Possibly. It seems like it has a very good chance to be licensed in America. I don't know about it getting on American TV. It's certainly a possibly especially on it making on Sci-fi but it hard to guess whether or not they'll go for it.



I'm certain it will eventually have it own figures made for characters and some promotional clothing. Though most likely you'd have to buy it from Japan and have it shipped here as I doubt they'll have similar here in America even if it gets licensed.

An action figure line would be sweet, but the person that posted under you may be right about them being produced from a smaller company and the figures not having any large exposure. I would still like to have a set for my hobby room though, I would have just the spot, and I could house other anime action figures too, I would just need to make room and shift some things
GreenLama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 12:16   Link #984
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Which English VA would you like to see dub the voices of the characters?
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 14:33   Link #985
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: A Boring Island
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
These are their forthcoming publications:
Spoiler for Next V.:


Ok the first is the 12 novel, for the 3/19;
the 2nd is the second volume of Chrome Shelled Regios (I prefer this rather than MissingMail), for the 4/9;
But someone can tell me what are the 3rd and the 4th, for the 3/19? Other things like "legend of regios"?
__________________
Tjaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 17:30   Link #986
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
The 3rd one is a kind of official fanbook/world guideline of CSR world.

4th one is titled "Seisen no Regios-Nemuri naki hakajirushi gun" (聖戦のレギオス-眠りなき墓標群). Translation of the latter string of kanjis would be something like "The sleeping grave-marker group"? Anyway, it's an in-Regios universe book, seems to be novel to me. (Though with 1200 Yen, I wonder if it's right... Light novel doesn't cost that high, usually. And it's marked as special in Amazon.jp) Will search for more detail later.
__________________

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 23:53   Link #987
GreenLama
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cali
I may actually pick these up, I hope they are in english as well, if not then I'll have to pass on these. It would be nice to have an official handbook/guide to the CSR universe though
GreenLama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 00:18   Link #988
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLama View Post
I may actually pick these up, I hope they are in english as well, if not then I'll have to pass on these. It would be nice to have an official handbook/guide to the CSR universe though
No matter how I look at it, it's a slim chance.

Real slim. Or, impossibly slim for that matter.
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 05:42   Link #989
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tropical France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjaard View Post
Spoiler for Next V.:
Wow, that's a cool pic of Dixerio I wonder what will be his role later...

I'm really enjoying this show for now. It's entertaining and the characters are developped well enough, not relying only on quirks and fanservice. I can endure the harem-light part as long as other interesting male characters are present and interactions are not always romantic.

I'd like more bugs though. I loved Starship Troopers, so more bugs slashing please
Eurys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 09:08   Link #990
zibi88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
anyway can a novel reader say what role/side has that Dixerio guy in the story.... he saved zueli fairy from some guys but what is his role..... is he good... bad... does he know Layfon or other HB

From thatcover he kinda is similar to Layfon ;] like his brother or someone XD
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 08:45   Link #991
GreenLama
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurys View Post
Wow, that's a cool pic of Dixerio I wonder what will be his role later...

I'm really enjoying this show for now. It's entertaining and the characters are developped well enough, not relying only on quirks and fanservice. I can endure the harem-light part as long as other interesting male characters are present and interactions are not always romantic.

I'd like more bugs though. I loved Starship Troopers, so more bugs slashing please
Who's Dexerio? He looks as if he could be a villain but he also looks like he could be a good guy too, but what I feel this series totally lacks is a villain (minus the filth monsters), it would be cool for Layfon to have an arch nemesis to have to deal with. IWell, 'm off to watch episode #8 in hopes that this series keeps going as good as it has been, I am sure it will!
GreenLama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 22:29   Link #992
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Joy, guys! Someone said over at Baka-Tsuki that he'll translate the CSR novels!
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 14:43   Link #993
MafiaSoldier
Member of the Anime Mafia
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Age: 34
I am new to the forums here, but I am not new to CSR, I have been watching since the first episode and I am loving every minute of it, CSR has definatly become one of my favorite series currently running. It's good to see a lot of CSR fans here, I have read around on other anime forums and it seems like CSR gets no love on A-4 and Toon Zone, but here it's got some good fans and I am happy to be a part of it.
__________________
A member in good standing with.....


Join the family
MafiaSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 09:40   Link #994
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by MafiaSoldier View Post
I am new to the forums here, but I am not new to CSR, I have been watching since the first episode and I am loving every minute of it, CSR has definatly become one of my favorite series currently running. It's good to see a lot of CSR fans here, I have read around on other anime forums and it seems like CSR gets no love on A-4 and Toon Zone, but here it's got some good fans and I am happy to be a part of it.
Thanks. Plus myanimelist also love this anime too.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 16:00   Link #995
Lewt
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Joy, guys! Someone said over at Baka-Tsuki that he'll translate the CSR novels!
Joy! Do you have a link to this, just so I could see when exactly its happening (Been waiting for awhile too see if somebody would )
Lewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 15:08   Link #996
jdm
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewt View Post
Joy! Do you have a link to this, just so I could see when exactly its happening (Been waiting for awhile too see if somebody would )
I would like to know too.

On a side note, does anybody know why layfon kei changes. I get the feeling that when it is gold he is series and using his really power and when it is blue he is just half assing it.

Does anybody know?

Thanks for the help.
jdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 05:28   Link #997
blewin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm View Post
I would like to know too.

On a side note, does anybody know why layfon kei changes. I get the feeling that when it is gold he is series and using his really power and when it is blue he is just half assing it.

Does anybody know?

Thanks for the help.
Here's the link to the novel translation:

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...Shelled_Regios
__________________

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 10:43   Link #998
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I am seriously thinking about the military artist's powers compared to other anime show's powers.
They have enchanced senses, speed,muscle power, healing. And they're able to shoot energy blasts and protect themselves with "Kei shields", passive protection with the Kei force(otherwise every swing with a bladed weapon causes visual injury). That's a "normal" military artists. Perhaps there's some special ability too.
Compared to the two "classics":
-Bleach's shinigamies:Improved power, speed, reflexes. Swords powered by their spiritual powers(similar to the Dites). Destructive, protective and binding spells. Shikai as power up and unique ability. Passive Reiatsu protection.
(perhaps it's not common for any shinigami but they're the most common abilities for a named character)
-Naruto's Ninjas:Water and Wall walking, Chakra powered speed and strenght enchantment. Reflexes of unnatural level(unexplained). Elemental magic, Shapeshifting, Self-cloning, Displacement. Some kind of special ability(bloodline limit, or some kind of family trait)

Earlier I thought the Military Artists nowhere near as powerfull as other characters from classical fighting shonen mangas. But i was wrong somewhat(the only difference that the characters except Layfon are common fighters, not special ones)

Last edited by willyvereb; 2009-05-05 at 12:18.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 14:45   Link #999
Dragon TY
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In an unknown world where anime is real
There ain't no chance of this coming to america. I always watch t.v to see bad dubs and meaningless cartoons all the time. I only can watch anime on my computer which turn into my new t.v
__________________

Credit goes to Tjaard for avatar and sig.
Dragon TY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 20:26   Link #1000
blewin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post

I am seriously thinking about the military artist's powers compared to other anime show's powers.
They have enchanced senses, speed,muscle power, healing. And they're able to shoot energy blasts and protect themselves with "Kei shields", passive protection with the Kei force(otherwise every swing with a bladed weapon causes visual injury). That's a "normal" military artists. Perhaps there's some special ability too.
yeah, Chakra (Naruto) was the first thing that came to mind when equating Kei with something else easy to understand from the anime world.

but Kei being quite as powerful as others? I've my doubt. If we take Naruto for example, their chakra can do so much as to change a person's physique..... but then, it might not be fair to compare CSR to Naruto when Naruto's world is so much more otherworldly - of another galaxy. No, I won't be surprised by how much further they can push with that Chakra concept of theirs.
__________________

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.