AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 234 73.35%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 67 21.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 2.82%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 1.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.31%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.63%
Voters: 319. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-18, 20:14   Link #801
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
The perfect pairing.....

If they solve the mental interferance problem.
This reminds me of a funny image I saw on 4chan awhile back. Soma and Allelujah were in a... mature... position, but were both too much agony from their migranes to enjoy the moment very much.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 20:18   Link #802
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
This reminds me of a funny image I saw on 4chan awhile back. Soma and Allelujah were in a... mature... position, but were both too much agony from their migranes to enjoy the moment very much.
Exactly.

Although Soma has her suit and Allelujah can get Hallelujah to shut off the pains, I'm not sure if they would have.... pleasure with those stuff
Old 2008-03-18, 22:18   Link #803
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Bubbleboy hentai?

You have a sick mind.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 22:34   Link #804
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Why Nena?

There is absolutely no hint, that Nena can do what Tieria and Ribbons are able to do. We just saw her inside of the terminal once, but it didn't look like she was actually doing anything. Besides her presence there was some sort of a spontaneous action.
Err, i would call her being in the Veda Terminal to be a "hint" at the very least...

Really, so you think that her being inside that terminal had absolutely no significance and that she has done absolutely nothing in there and was just hanging around in there for the sake of it; especially when the writers could have had randomly doing ANYTHING else if they did not want us to think she was playing with Veda...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 00:45   Link #805
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Man Lockon is so cool. Really sad scene, seeing everyones expressions when Haro started repeating his name....

Anyway, aside from Lockons final scenes, the best part of this episode was Patrick. I can;t see him dying in the future but if he does, I imagine it would be his own fault.
Old 2008-03-19, 00:50   Link #806
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Nena and Setsuna!! Yeah!! Rofl.
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 00:50   Link #807
StratoSpear
Sir Spiral Sallet

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
I don't know if you know this, but you can see who voted what in some polls (like these 00 episode thread polls).
Really? Oh shi--! Sorry Galdred!
Old 2008-03-19, 01:03   Link #808
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
I'm not sure if someone posted this already, since there's so much posts to keep up with... but I'm speculating 4 possible meisters for Dynames; Lockon, Lockon's brother, Saji or Felt. Now, this is just speculation so I'll explain why I factored in at least one unlikely.

Lockon - Could still be alive. You never know. The episode was heartfelt, yes, but... It just seemed open ended. I'm not sure why people use the Heero Yuy thing when he wasn't -in- the cockpit, but at the hatch when he tried to blow himself up with his Gundam. If anything, as someone already mentioned, when Trowa trying to talk to some sense into Quatre was something that can be referred to, or when Zechs destroyed the power generator for Libra... Of course, that's another series, so it doesn't hold that great of a bearing to this series. Damn you Ali!

Lockon's brother - Well, everyone's already discussed it, though I tend to question his qualifications being a Meister. Sure, taking over for a brother seems to be a good reason, but Lockon had sniper skills shown. We only see his brother showing up at their family's grave.

Saji - People have been saying that he can blow up and go Kira Yamato or Shinn Asuka on us. Well, this may be the opening for the production team to make him a Meister. Ali killed Kinue, so that might be a pretty good motivation for him. Though, yet again, I wonder his qualifications.

Felt - Yep. She seems quite unlikely. I don't know though. She seems to be a prospective Meister. She had connections with Lockon, though it wasn't explained well enough if she saw him as a big brother or crush. Haro seems to have a great relationship with her. Then, there's the fact that she did state that her parents were Meisters. Now, again, I don't know her qualifications since all we see is her efficiently keeping watch of radar and other logisitcal things, but you never know. Maybe she'll turn out to be Rei Ayanami-ish.

Another speculation I have is R.I.P. Dynames. Lockon was a great character. I liked him. I admit I wished they didn't kill him off. (If he's really dead.) I just wouldn't want Dynames to be completely gone either, though it's going to be hard to find a suitable replacement for Lockon if he's really dead.

And third speculation I have is if Nena's smart enough, maybe she'll go running to Celestial Being (the crew) for guidance. She's a wreck without her brothers and she's got nowhere else to go. She obviously has proven herself to be a capable Meister, though she has a lot of skill sharpening to do...

Eh, oh well. We'll find out in the next few episodes and the episodes to come on October, won't we?
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 01:10   Link #809
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
And third speculation I have is if Nena's smart enough, maybe she'll go running to Celestial Being (the crew) for guidance. She's a wreck without her brothers and she's got nowhere else to go. She obviously has proven herself to be a capable Meister, though she has a lot of skill sharpening to do...
I would think that Wang would have a hand at anything Nena does.
Old 2008-03-19, 01:13   Link #810
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Make Him PAY!!!!! Ali Al-Sachez has completely Gone too far. *bangs the table*

So anyway, What's next for Alejandro Corner And his Sweet Angel, Livonz?
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 01:18   Link #811
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Quote:
I would think that Wang would have a hand at anything Nena does.
Good point. Though, wouldn't you think that Wang would realise that with Nena's siblings gone, her wish for total peace through the Thrones would be highly unlikely? That makes me wonder if Wang will be assisting the crew again.
Old 2008-03-19, 01:20   Link #812
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Good point. Though, wouldn't you think that Wang would realise that with Nena's siblings gone, her wish for total peace through the Thrones would be highly unlikely? That makes me wonder if Wang will be assisting the crew again.
You forgot: Wang's goal isn't peace.

It's just change of the world.
Old 2008-03-19, 01:24   Link #813
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Quote:
You forgot: Wang's goal isn't peace.

It's just change of the world.
Ah. Right. They never clarified what king of change she wants, did they? In either case, she'd still realise Nena's useless all by herself. Maybe Wang can even have a hand in directing Nena to the crew for help.
Old 2008-03-19, 01:55   Link #814
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Ah. Right. They never clarified what king of change she wants, did they? In either case, she'd still realise Nena's useless all by herself. Maybe Wang can even have a hand in directing Nena to the crew for help.
She stated that she does not care who changes the world or how, as long as it changes.
Old 2008-03-19, 02:54   Link #815
chitgoks

man, dynames should have used its trans-am against ali!
chitgoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 04:50   Link #816
Subarunyon
Yui is mai waifu <3

Watching the episode for the first time didnt really do it for me, and looking at the comments from this thread I think I'm really missing something... so I went and rewatched it, and this time without subs, and man... I dont think I can even replay the episode after that. Abayou Lockon.

So yeah as a side note.... Gundam 00 is BETTER without subs! ^^; you can actually concentrate on what's happening and not to the text (or maybe my japanese has actually gotten a bit better?)
Subarunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 05:34   Link #817
dsOnTheRun
Hmmm . .

I have something to say..

Lockon Stratos is DEAD right? But hey hey, still remember the openning of Episode 9? There are 2 Lockon.. Who can figure out who is that? Is Lockon has a twin brother or clone which he doesn't know? IMO, maybe another Lockon will be the another pilot of Dynames on season 2, who knows?

The second thing is, I think Marina Ismail is POINTLESS in this story.... she doesn't affect the story, and sometime her dialogue with Setsuna is weird...

Another thing is, how Nena can gain access into VEDA in the Ptolemaios? About episode 17 or 18

Erm, after I watch episode 23, I don't think Ali has died yet, am I right ?

=P
dsOnTheRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 05:48   Link #818
Ichimaru

For some odd reason i think that grahamns GN Custom Flag is not that behind in technology advancements against the CBs TRANS-AM system

Heres the reason why:
Before the GN upgrade for the FLag, it had a huge upgrade on the speed/mobility/agility whether its straight line or turning corners and Grahamn was showing the model. The only downside was the pilots body being able to keep up with the increase GFORCE. There was no mention of the model sucking alot of energy like TRANSAM or a limit. The GN upgrade will give the FLags more damage to its weaponary.

Seriously i hope this custom flag GN, the GN "should have nothing" to do with the output manuveor energy absorption, There should be 2 energy sources allocated that fuels the FLAG. GN consumes alot, and the generic b4 GN was doing alright supplying the FLAGs energy. Something like hybrid technology in cars where you can switch to which energy source you want to run the car, whether its electric or gasoline. IMO this will be a huge advancement for the custom GN FLAG, to be able to use 2 energy sources allocated to different areas.

GN DRIVE fueling the output of weaponary damage,

the regular engine that was in the FLAG to fuel its operation.

This allows him to stay on the battlefield longer, when TRANSAM expires after 3 minutes = FLAG owns all now
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 08:11   Link #819
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru View Post
For some odd reason i think that grahamns GN Custom Flag is not that behind in technology advancements against the CBs TRANS-AM system

Heres the reason why:
Before the GN upgrade for the FLag, it had a huge upgrade on the speed/mobility/agility whether its straight line or turning corners and Grahamn was showing the model. The only downside was the pilots body being able to keep up with the increase GFORCE. There was no mention of the model sucking alot of energy like TRANSAM or a limit. The GN upgrade will give the FLags more damage to its weaponary.

Seriously i hope this custom flag GN, the GN "should have nothing" to do with the output manuveor energy absorption, There should be 2 energy sources allocated that fuels the FLAG. GN consumes alot, and the generic b4 GN was doing alright supplying the FLAGs energy. Something like hybrid technology in cars where you can switch to which energy source you want to run the car, whether its electric or gasoline. IMO this will be a huge advancement for the custom GN FLAG, to be able to use 2 energy sources allocated to different areas.

GN DRIVE fueling the output of weaponary damage,

the regular engine that was in the FLAG to fuel its operation.

This allows him to stay on the battlefield longer, when TRANSAM expires after 3 minutes = FLAG owns all now
I don't really think thats all that possible, nor whats going to happen. You can't replace fuel or w/e it is the flag was running on with GN particles and hope it will somehow magically still function. Overall "upgrading" to GN drive should lover the speed of the Flag (The GN drive itself IS the booster that keeps the thing afloat) but increase the mobility. Since the GN drive equipped suits also don't seem to have any problems with g-forces for some unfathomable reason, we can assume that will go away as well. I am not even sure the Flag is going to retain its original engine.

Likewise, there is no weaponry for it to fuel - the Flag doesn't have any beam weapons. Unless they have managed to produce some based on the weapons that came with the GN-X squad.

Though since its Graham we are talking about, i wouldn't be surprised if for him the drive somehow boosts the speed even further, increasing the G pressure at the same time to continue expanding on the themes his character revolves around
Old 2008-03-19, 08:47   Link #820
dsOnTheRun
Hmmm . .

erm... can we discuss about lockon?
who's the guy on the openning of Episode 9?? Another clone of Lockon? Or his twin brother...?
dsOnTheRun is offline   Reply With Quote