AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 36 33.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 47 43.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 18.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.93%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-03-17, 01:45   Link #101
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Im still sad about Aiko's GG
i hung with her till the end, but it's OVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

i'll be an Aiko fan till the end !!!!!
but since she's clearly gg'd i guess Hiromi is next on the list for me.
i'd be VERY upset if shin ends up with noe.....it just doesn't seem right.

Aiko will always be in my <3 tho
hehe :_(
Q_Q
MercFH is offline  
Old 2008-03-17, 01:56   Link #102
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
My romdar (ROMantic raDAR) is now saying I think Noe is in with a bigger chance. This epi has been undermining the Hiromi x Shin scenario and the preview looks to be building up Hiromi's hopes.
If people are wondering why this episode panned out the way it did its because they want people to think like this after episode 9 and 10 all but cemented Hiromi and Shin. With only 2 episodes to go in regard to swinging Shin to Noe... like TinyRedLeaf said "it would take a lot to create a plausible Shin x Noe within this time frame". Now if they combine that with a Hiromi and Jun final pairing I would have to worry about the quality of the writing to get it to that stage, since it would go against the flow of the entire series to this point.

If Noe does end up winning and it's poorly written I hope some Noe fans will actually come out and say so instead of just ignoring it because their favorite won.
Westlo is offline  
Old 2008-03-17, 02:02   Link #103
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
If people are wondering why this episode panned out the way it did its because they want people to think like this after episode 9 and 10 all but cemented Hiromi and Shin. With only 2 episodes to go in regard to swinging Shin to Noe... like TinyRedLeaf said "it would take a lot to create a plausible Shin x Noe within this time frame". Now if they combine that with a Hiromi and Jun final pairing I would have to worry about the quality of the writing to get it to that stage, since it would go against the flow of the entire series to this point.

If Noe does end up winning and it's poorly written I hope some Noe fans will actually come out and say so instead of just ignoring it because their favorite won.
If it ends NoexShin, I will swear off romantic anime for ever!
golthin is offline  
Old 2008-03-17, 02:07   Link #104
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
Shin drew about Raigomaru and Jibeta because of Noe, but Noe recognized at the end of episode 9 that Raigomaru's motivations in the picture book mirror Shin's thoughts and feelings for Hiromi. So in that sense Noe realized the drawings were still inspired by Hiromi.
I disagree with that especially with the way Hiromi acted when she saw the book. She was pleased to see the crying story, but it doesn't look that way with the chicken tale.

At the most Hiromi's interaction with the chicken tale was to derail it when Shin saw her walk out of the school with Jun and then the crash hug. The chicken tale is by Shin for Noe. Its not like he is desperate for Hiromi to see it neh? <- Of course it doesn't mean that he loves Noe more because he wrote a story for her, but to me that story is Noe's.

I like greyhawks interpretation on Jibeta.
__________________
grey_moon is offline  
Old 2008-03-17, 02:07   Link #105
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Hiromi thinks the picture book is about Noe, Noe thinks it's about Hiromi... in episode 13 Shin reveals it's about Tomoyo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
If it ends NoexShin, I will swear off romantic anime for ever!
If that happens and it's not well written (which at this stage I think it won't be if it happens they would need more than 2 episodes imo) after I finish KOR I'm done with pure romance shows, I can't take this anymore. My only romance will come from stuff like Macross Frontier, Code Geass R2 and Vampire Knight.
Westlo is offline  
Old 2008-03-17, 02:08   Link #106
Codine
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Wow looks like its turning towards a ShinxNoe ending? That ending just feels wrong, leaving Hiromi in the dark like that.
__________________
Codine is offline  
Old 2008-03-17, 02:12   Link #107
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codine View Post
Wow looks like its turning towards a ShinxNoe ending? That ending just feels wrong, leaving Hiromi in the dark like that.
Hmm tbh I'm with Westlo and TinyRedLeaf on this. If Noe does end up with Shin it will need some ninja level story telling to pull it off well. I can see some ways they could pull it off, but still even then I would think it would be strained (ie Shin breaking Hiromi's heart and Jun picking up the pieces and therefore freeing himself from siscon).
__________________
grey_moon is offline  
Old 2008-03-17, 02:16   Link #108
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
If they had 6-8 more episodes I could easily see a Noe ending that would be well written and something I can agree with even though I'm as big a Hiromi X Shin shipper as you can get on this site. I just don't think with the time remaining they can make it work well but hey since when has that ever stopped an anime ending that a producer wants.
Westlo is offline  
Old 2008-03-17, 02:18   Link #109
Codine
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Ohh well at least this isn't like most romance animes where you can tell who's going to end up with who. This one's actually got me stumped =\
__________________
Codine is offline  
Old 2008-03-17, 02:22   Link #110
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codine View Post
Ohh well at least this isn't like most romance animes where you can tell who's going to end up with who. This one's actually got me stumped =\
That is very true and has me pretty excited too. Last epi i was left feeling , and not because Noe seemed to have lost chances, but I just didn't like the feeling it left me. With this epi I am all , but in a good way.
__________________
grey_moon is offline  
Old 2008-03-17, 02:41   Link #111
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
It still looks like a ShinxHiromi ending. I mean, she kissed him. They have to overcome their continuing misunderstandings (Hiromi thinks Shin is still with Noe, Shin thinks she's with Jun). And Shin has to "do everything properly" -- including breaking up with Noe in a way that makes sense. And Noe has to cry true tears.

If they did pull off some "ninja-level storytelling" and ended Shin with Noe it would be a kick. I won't say they couldn't do it, but it wouldn't be easy. I do think people have been underestimating the attraction between Jun and Hiromi so far. It's nowhere near as great as their attraction toward Noe and Shin, respectively, but it is there. And sometimes once you get what you want, you realize that it isn't exactly what you thought it was, and your feelings are more complicated than you expected. A ShinxNoe ending wouldn't necessarily be "poor storytelling," as Hiromi-shippers may believe. But it would require some real psychological insight to make it work.

Noe has indeed given Shin a lot, and he's beginning to realize it. Losing him has sent her a bit around the bend. The singing reminded me of Ophelia in Hamlet.
__________________
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei
Kaoru Chujo is offline  
Old 2008-03-17, 02:43   Link #112
vio5555
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Ok.... this is so stupid. What the hell is wrong with that guy Shin.
Why is he so indecisive?
He just got
Spoiler for ep. 11:

and yet he is acting like nothing happened.

When someone did that to you, the proper thing to do is go back to her place and do the same thing.

The writers are probably just delaying or trying to come up with things to stall time. Since it looks pretty much cliche at this point on. What would probably happen is that Hiromi and Shin will be officially dating at the festival. Why? Cuz that's their childhood thing. In fact, that's the only childhood moment they have that they kept playing and playing. It makes sense that the story of hiromi and shin stopped at the festival and will continue at the festival also.

Anyway, I still want to see how the picture book is going to turn out. How he is going to dance in the festival.

However, I'm no longer interested in what will happen to Noe. She is my favorite character but now the writers are just ruining her. I don't even want to know since it looks down hill from here and maybe at the end, she will smiling because she can cry again.

So cliche.
Shin is acting how we "would" expect him to act. You're dogmatically forcing your own view of how you think he "should" behave versus a more objective take on how he should act within the construct of his character traits as described in eps 1-10.

I honestly expected him to act exactly as he did taking into account who he is. He was thinking about Noe before, he was taken aback by the event, and it caused him to re-evaluate things. We haven't really been given a total window into his mind with respect to Hiromi, so we're left to somewhat extrapolate how he thinks of seeing her walk away from Jun for example.

You said what you think he should do, but can you honestly say that you'd expect the Shin that we've seen fleshed out in eps 1-10 taking a chick back to her place and running the bases?

The writers decided to opt for a slow winding resolution that centers on two things; the storybook and the dance. Those two events are being moved towards with a very solid pacing reminiscient of real life (with respect to relationships), which is probably what has won this series a lot of discussion alongside with its fleshed out characters.

The writers have set Noe up for this moment. She never knew how to deal with her emotions of love for Shin from the getgo and has had to deal with largely being a secondary focus for Shin while his heart has been far more focused on Hiromi.

It's a travesty that you're seeing what is undoubtably some top-notch drama and viewing it in such a biased light. While I won't deny that True Tears has its flaws most noticeably with respect to the handling and treatment of Shin's mom, your particular unhappiness with the show has more to do with where you think it should go from your own experiences rather than where it should go from the expectations the anime itself has created.
vio5555 is offline  
Old 2008-03-17, 02:52   Link #113
cloudninja
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
I think most people are just falling for the writers' little plot twists that try to throw people off as to how it's going to end. That's just good writing. Once it ends it'll probably be like the writers saying to us you should have seen that coming, we gave you enough strong clues (central themes, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
I disagree with that especially with the way Hiromi acted when she saw the book. She was pleased to see the crying story, but it doesn't look that way with the chicken tale.

At the most Hiromi's interaction with the chicken tale was to derail it when Shin saw her walk out of the school with Jun and then the crash hug. The chicken tale is by Shin for Noe. Its not like he is desperate for Hiromi to see it neh? <- Of course it doesn't mean that he loves Noe more because he wrote a story for her, but to me that story is Noe's.
I did say that Shin drew the chicken pictures for Noe, but Noe recognizes Hiromi's influence on the drawings. Not only in episode 9 but even through this current episode you can see that Raigomaru's actions mirror Shin's thoughts about Hiromi. Hiromi is concerned about the picture book because she thought it had to do with Shin and Noe while Noe already acknowledged Hiromi's influence on it when she talked to Shin near the end of episode 9 before running off. When he told her that he thought Raigomaru could'nt fly she knew it was because Hiromi was in his heart and not Noe. Shin himself did'nt realize that he was allowing his thoughts of Hiromi to influence his drawings but Noe already recognized that fact in episode 9.
cloudninja is offline  
Old 2008-03-17, 02:59   Link #114
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
First of all, this episode was great. 9/10

I don't want to have a long discussion about this, but something about this episode made me feel as if the girl who wins is still not clear yet.
I still think it's a Hiromi ending, because Shin's book says it all. It's just that the mood of the episode gives off vague vibes. Actually, it gave me the feeling that Shin will either up with no one, but that's probably not going to happen. Long story short, I really liked this episode, possibly because of the Noe drama. Also, the background music was perfect and moving.

Damn it, Hiromi's eyes spell "Nice Boat." I don't even want to say or think of it, but that's the truth. I'm pretty sure that's it's not going to happen though.

The only reason this episode isn't 10/10 is the lack of continuation for last week's cliffhanger. Seriously, I went into this episode with a "wtf" attitude because the only thing that made last episode good, the ending, didn't get a follow up.

What I liked most about this show was the kiss, and how it's actually performed. From previous experiences, a character making advances on another usually gets annoyingly interrupted by a phone call or something. In this case, it connected, and that was probably the most surprising thing in this episode.
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2008-03-17, 03:08   Link #115
Liddo-kun
Come on everyone
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nanairogaoka
Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
Still a good episode, *votes a Perfect 10

There seems to be some final plot twists by the writers, now it seems Noe still has a chance. Shin sure is one unpredictable guy, first he chases after Hiromi, now he chases after Noe...make up your mind!!! ><

It's another eager wait for next weeks episode.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-03-17 at 03:37.
Liddo-kun is offline  
Old 2008-03-17, 03:10   Link #116
vio5555
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I do think people have been underestimating the attraction between Jun and Hiromi so far. It's nowhere near as great as their attraction toward Noe and Shin, respectively, but it is there. And sometimes once you get what you want, you realize that it isn't exactly what you thought it was, and your feelings are more complicated than you expected.
There has certainly been some goodwill between Jun and Hiromi, but to be honest, everything that could point to a ShinxNoe ending would have to leave Hiromi soundly out of a relationship for it to be plausible at this point.

Her lines towards Jun around the middle were perhaps the three most terse lines I've heard from her since the episode where they showed the double scene and had her saying thoughts towards Shin in her head. The emphasis that she put in those words mirrors her thoughts towards Shin on that day. In this sense, she gains a moment of clarity before as he mentions contract and then delivers her truest thoughts lined with ice.

Compounded with the fact that she adds two lines to her truest thoughts that demonstrate her total understanding of where Jun's thoughts ultimately lie.

Jun views this as a contract, and there isn't a single moment in his interactions towards her that can be taken as purely outside of this view from what we know of him as a character and his obsession with Noe's happiness. Even in his kindness towards Hiromi, the showy displays seem to be for other people's benefits despite making her blush, but I'd expect them to make any girl blush in that kind of situation.

I agree with the idealistic thrust of your last thought, but I think you're applying a cliche to a vastly different situation.

The only way there is even a semblence of attraction between them is if its entirely on Jun's side at this point (after her actions towards Shin and Jun in 11, I'll say she's completely done with Jun at this point), but I honestly cannot even fathom that considering that every single waking moment of Jun's life has had some form of Noe in his thoughts (or could easily be implied to be...).

Just keep in mind that the writers set Ai and Nobuse up with a reconciliation in mind well in advance of their drama with Shin reaching its peak and subsiding. I don't see where any reconciliation fallback has been left in between Jun and Hiromi; she thoroughly removed any possibility of that with her speech.
vio5555 is offline  
Old 2008-03-17, 03:29   Link #117
Khaos
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: München
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Ok.... this is so stupid. What the hell is wrong with that guy Shin.
Why is he so indecisive?
He just got
Spoiler for ep. 11:

and yet he is acting like nothing happened.

When someone did that to you, the proper thing to do is go back to her place and do the same thing.
Like I said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
Spoiler for ...:

And that's also my main reason, why I can't see any more hints for a Noe x Shin ending anywhere. There surely is a lot of wishful thinking involved, which is understandable but there's no way the series would make such a big plot twist at the end unless the director went nuts. The only thing left to do with Noe is clearing things up. I think, it had to happen, from the beginning on, Noe wanted her tears back, wanted to cry again. Shin breaks up with her and this will make her cry, exactly what she wanted...she'll get her tears back, true tears. I know, when that happens a lot of Noe fanboys will rage, but it was destined to happen from the beginning.
Khaos is offline  
Old 2008-03-17, 03:51   Link #118
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
Like I said:



And that's also my main reason, why I can't see any more hints for a Noe x Shin ending anywhere. There surely is a lot of wishful thinking involved, which is understandable but there's no way the series would make such a big plot twist at the end unless the director went nuts. The only thing left to do with Noe is clearing things up. I think, it had to happen, from the beginning on, Noe wanted her tears back, wanted to cry again. Shin breaks up with her and this will make her cry, exactly what she wanted...she'll get her tears back, true tears. I know, when that happens a lot of Noe fanboys will rage, but it was destined to happen from the beginning.
Hmmm well in this epi Shin was thinking of Noe when he was with Hiromi, that is more then wishful thinking there. The writers ain't really clear about how Shin wants to do things properly (well that could be due to him not knowing himself).

I still think it will be a Shin x Hiromi ending, just this epi fired up a lot of smoke.
__________________
grey_moon is offline  
Old 2008-03-17, 04:18   Link #119
D a m i e n
permanentely bored
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: France
Age: 34
Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
technically he is still going out with noe, so thinking about noe while being with hiromi is making him feel guilty.
iirc he remember noe telling him she isnt the one that ll make him fly, he is understanding the meaning of her words, he realise he hurted her more than he though.
i think that when he is saying is failling to make thing right he means that he needs to clear up his relation with noe in order to make things right.
just my 2 cents
__________________
Outside of a dog reading is man's best friend, inside it s too dark to read...
D a m i e n is offline  
Old 2008-03-17, 04:21   Link #120
Stretch5920
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
they are just dragging it out now with the typical dumbass male who takes 2 episodes to realise something. Last ep "I'm gonna do things properly" This ep "lol just kidding"
Stretch5920 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.