AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2006-11-01, 01:39   Link #21
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I can't remember the regular series ending...but I remember it really wasn't all that great. I do remember the OVA ending, it was rather sad, but it was good IMO.

If someone can help me out here, I've seen every last bit of Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X except for the movie, think it was called Rurouni Kenshin: The Motion Picture

ShadowClone - if they can make a Tenjho Tenge OVA that's basically all backstory *like the series didn't cover most of it already* and hardly, if any, further the story any further, they could animate that section of Rurouni Kenshin :3
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 11:34   Link #22
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
I can't remember the regular series ending...but I remember it really wasn't all that great. I do remember the OVA ending, it was rather sad, but it was good IMO.
The RK TV Series ended (at Episode 94) with the end of the *ugh* "Geomancer Arc". There was an "unaired" Episode 95, but nothing pretty much happened in it
Spoiler:

Quote:
If someone can help me out here, I've seen every last bit of Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X except for the movie, think it was called Rurouni Kenshin: The Motion Picture
The movie's official title is "Requiem for the Ishinshishi". It was a pretty mediocre movie, you won't miss too much if you haven't seen it...

Quote:
ShadowClone - if they can make a Tenjho Tenge OVA that's basically all backstory *like the series didn't cover most of it already* and hardly, if any, further the story any further, they could animate that section of Rurouni Kenshin :3
That's simple to fix, since the Seisouhen OVA happened 15 years later, they can start out the new series on the "current" time frame, i.e. immediately after the "Kyoto Arc" (i.e. Shishio).

Or better yet, break chronology, assume the Seisouhen OVA would never happen, and create an ending as Watsuki-sensei envisioned it!

Spoiler for For the manga ending:
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 17:26   Link #23
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Animation of the Jinchu arc is a long-standing dream of legions of RK fans. I have no doubt it'd do OK in Japan, and be a prime candidate to do well in the States.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 22:15   Link #24
HitokiriJinchuu
Scarred Sword Heart

Send a message via AIM to HitokiriJinchuu Send a message via Yahoo to HitokiriJinchuu Send a message via Skype™ to HitokiriJinchuu
I'd love to see the Jinchuu Arc animated more than anything. The Seisouhen OVA turns my stomach. Kenshin and Kaoru are so OOC in it, they're not even the same people. Even though many of the same events from the manga happen, the meaning behind them is very different, thus distorting the entire story.
HitokiriJinchuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 10:25   Link #25
rain-

I'm glad I searched for more information before I continued to OVAs after episode 62. After reading these comments I don't want to see Seisouhen, so I'll rather just watch Tsuiokuhen and hope that some day the end of the manga will be animated and I'll get to see that too.
rain- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 14:11   Link #26
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
If you guys didn't know yet the show ended abruptly because the ratings were so low. They were planning to animate the Jinchū arc (Revenge arc) after the so called "fillers" (episodes 63 to 95) to "catch up" with the manga, well they apparently must suck more than Naruto's to be cancelled. The series was never picked up again so they made OVAs instead. So now the OVA Seisōhen is the official ending and I haven't watched it based on things I've read. Tsuiokuhen was really good though.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 15:42   Link #27
HitokiriJinchuu
Scarred Sword Heart

Send a message via AIM to HitokiriJinchuu Send a message via Yahoo to HitokiriJinchuu Send a message via Skype™ to HitokiriJinchuu
Tsuiokuhen is cool. I'm glad I decided to give it a chance and not judge it by Seisouhen because it's definitely no the same.

Seisouhen is just... Ugh!
Old 2008-02-16, 22:27   Link #28
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizo View Post
Rurouni Kenshin.
I own the entire anime and I must say it's one of the best series there is.
But my question is; is it the same ending in the Manga? Or does the manga continue or something?
Disappointed in the ending, honestly. We've been building up the whole Kaoru-Kenshin romance, with subtle sweetness (for once, appreciated, in a world where every other romance is overblown and sugary), but...no direct admission! I can understand the era enough for "no kiss' to be forgiven...but, nothing?? And the anime ending was TERRIBLE. So EMPTY.
dpryciak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 10:53   Link #29
HitokiriJinchuu
Scarred Sword Heart

From what I understand, the anime ending was very ambiguous. It just shows Kenshin giving Kaoru a sea shell. Lame. The manga ending is better in that respect. It shows Kenshin and Kaoru confessing their feelings for each other (in a circumspect way, but better than nothing) and then shows them married at the end.
Old 2010-08-03, 00:46   Link #30
tera_ha

Kenshin is the BEST anime i have ever seen, sorry just had to say it :P

Its one of the first animes i ever watched just because it came on cartoon network. RK really got me into this whole anime thing, not just anime but the whole japanese language and culture

some people seem to hate it, i admit the last couple of anime arcs weren't as good but they were still watchable. I personally like rurouni kenshin series more than its OVA but most like OVA more
Old 2010-08-03, 03:31   Link #31
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

This anime was big in the late 1990s, early 2000s. It's not the best anime I've been exposed to but it was good.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote