AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Higurashi

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-20, 20:17   Link #621
baratomaya
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
Do you want to insert into the NScripter version or the Mangagamer version?
The NScripter version, since that's more user friendly then MangaGamer's version and also has the original music of the PC version.

Currently I'd say I'm about 30% through Day 2. The translating will go a lot quicker once my friend obtains the Japanese PC version as well.
baratomaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 23:39   Link #622
Oblivion
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by baratomaya View Post
The NScripter version, since that's more user friendly then MangaGamer's version and also has the original music of the PC version.

Currently I'd say I'm about 30% through Day 2. The translating will go a lot quicker once my friend obtains the Japanese PC version as well.
This is great what you are doing. I have a question though, about Rei. Would you ever consider translating that? So far only one story has been translated and the twins don't seem to have done that one. It would be great if you could.
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 00:05   Link #623
Boinciel
Mii~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
This is great what you are doing. I have a question though, about Rei. Would you ever consider translating that? So far only one story has been translated and the twins don't seem to have done that one. It would be great if you could.
I'll go through and update the script for that patch myself if you're interested in picking up the other two stories and if I can find some time. That script still needs the smoothing and care that I wasn't able to give it in my rush to throw out an updated version quickly.
__________________
Boinciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 10:47   Link #624
Oblivion
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinciel View Post
I'll go through and update the script for that patch myself if you're interested in picking up the other two stories and if I can find some time. That script still needs the smoothing and care that I wasn't able to give it in my rush to throw out an updated version quickly.
Really? That would be great. I've been wanting to read those stories for a while now.
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 07:18   Link #625
battle22
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rokkenjima
Age: 18
Send a message via Skype™ to battle22
hmm. guys is there anyway to get mangagamers script?
battle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 17:04   Link #626
st_nick5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
hmm. guys is there anyway to get mangagamers script?
Depends on what you want to do with it. If you just want to read it then the best way would be to buy the game.
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 19:44   Link #627
Game Master Matt
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
And still no word from either of the twins... The fact that they can take the time to help with and comment on the Umineko project-just like the last time-only makes it worse. And they do have a responsibilty to finish up, since they had us all import the games. Frankly, I think someone else should take over doing this.
Game Master Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 08:15   Link #628
st_nick5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Master Matt View Post
And still no word from either of the twins... The fact that they can take the time to help with and comment on the Umineko project-just like the last time-only makes it worse. And they do have a responsibilty to finish up, since they had us all import the games. Frankly, I think someone else should take over doing this.
To be fair they don't have the responsibility to finish translating the games, it's not like they're getting paid to do it or anything. They should however at least let us know if they're still working on them or if they've dropped the project, rather than just keeping us hanging.
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 04:05   Link #629
Game Master Matt
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
They do have the responsibilty to finish, though. Because they swore they would. When they did that, a lot of people spent a lot of money importing the main Higurashi games. Now a lot of us have the games and not the promised translation patches. Plus, when combined with the lack of info, their activeness in the Umineko project, and just all the rotten things they've done, it's hard not to be angry.
Game Master Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 10:25   Link #630
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada eh.
So they became politicians ^_^

I do believe they did make a statement about the higurashi project when Mangagamer was releasing theirs.
__________________
MY RPG:


Recently updated Rika's Story 5/22/2014
Looking for playtesters
Daisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 11:46   Link #631
rogerpepitone
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
IIUC, Mion (programmer) is involved in Umineko, not Shion (translator).
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 09:58   Link #632
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Europe, Belgium, Brussels
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Posted on the umineko thread, but quite relevant here as well for those who didn't check it:

As I twitted recently, Ryukishi07 will be the guest of Honor for Epitanime, a french convention that will be hold this year, on 25-26-27th may, in Paris. Information can be found on this site, although the translation is still in progress.
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 15:58   Link #633
Joly
モエカステル
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: カケラの海
Awww... way too far for me. But thanks for the information! I'm glad for those who will get to go see/meet him.
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 10:49   Link #634
zeroxkira
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
How is this going so far?
zeroxkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 06:53   Link #635
baratomaya
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know how my friend's and I are doing with translating Watanagashi-hen.

Day 2: 100%
Day 3: Still being translated due to initial problems with e-mails.
Da 4: 100%
Day 5: 80%

Sorry if the translation's going slowly. May and April's going to be a two pretty, busy months for me, but I'll stick to this! ^^
baratomaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 15:40   Link #636
zeroxkira
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by baratomaya View Post
Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know how my friend's and I are doing with translating Watanagashi-hen.

Day 2: 100%
Day 3: Still being translated due to initial problems with e-mails.
Da 4: 100%
Day 5: 80%

Sorry if the translation's going slowly. May and April's going to be a two pretty, busy months for me, but I'll stick to this! ^^
What improvements will have this one that you're translating???
zeroxkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 16:05   Link #637
baratomaya
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroxkira View Post
What improvements will have this one that you're translating???
Improvements? Well, if you mean how will it differ from MangaGamer's, then:

1. No typos or mistakes.

2. It'll be a patch for the Japanese version, so you'll be reading the arcs how they were intended, with the original music and background effects to go with it.

3. The translation will be accurate and won't leave anything out like MangaGamers did. I cannot stress enough how bad MangaGamer's translation is. Sure, it gets the point across, but it leaves out a lot of heart that was in the original. Here's an example:

MangaGamer: She smiles with a bossy attitude...!
My Translation: Mion, with the look of a club president... no, an Emperor, grinned broadly at us and laughed!

As you can see, they left out a lot of the humour and dumbed it down. To my knowledge, the Answer Arcs are translated better, but the way they handled the Question Arcs was pretty bad considering they're a professional company.

That's why I'm trying to translate the VN, because I, as a fan, want to be able to get the full experience from reading, like I did from Umineko. I want to finish this and make this into a patch so Higurashi fans can get the same experience too.

I hope that answers your question.
baratomaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 14:36   Link #638
zeroxkira
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by baratomaya View Post
Improvements? Well, if you mean how will it differ from MangaGamer's, then:

1. No typos or mistakes.

2. It'll be a patch for the Japanese version, so you'll be reading the arcs how they were intended, with the original music and background effects to go with it.

3. The translation will be accurate and won't leave anything out like MangaGamers did. I cannot stress enough how bad MangaGamer's translation is. Sure, it gets the point across, but it leaves out a lot of heart that was in the original. Here's an example:

MangaGamer: She smiles with a bossy attitude...!
My Translation: Mion, with the look of a club president... no, an Emperor, grinned broadly at us and laughed!

As you can see, they left out a lot of the humour and dumbed it down. To my knowledge, the Answer Arcs are translated better, but the way they handled the Question Arcs was pretty bad considering they're a professional company.

That's why I'm trying to translate the VN, because I, as a fan, want to be able to get the full experience from reading, like I did from Umineko. I want to finish this and make this into a patch so Higurashi fans can get the same experience too.

I hope that answers your question.
Oh!!!! ok i got it, i just tought it may have the CG scenes of the matsuri game ^_^ it doesn't matter it's great that someone translates it the way it should have been!!!
zeroxkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 18:16   Link #639
baratomaya
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
I'm putting in my translations for Day 2,4 and 5 into the VN script now to test it out and also to save me the trouble of having to do it later on.

I was wondering if there was anyone who cared to beta test the patch out for me? I need someone who has the Japanese VN of 1-4 and is good with grammar and punctuation. I have a tendency to switch back and forth with my tenses and sometimes my wording could be better.

If there was someone who wouldn't mind reading it and telling me their thoughts, that'd be great. ^^
baratomaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 21:30   Link #640
Kantoku
見ぬが花
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I can volunteer for that~ I'm finally on spring break, so I'll finally have a nice bit of free time to do whatever
Kantoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.