AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2003-11-10, 02:32   Link #1
pflower

Unhappy Can't connect to Animefactory BT links

I'm trying to dl "Boys Be" - I clicked on the Boys Be link through BT and then on the AnimeFactory buttons. What happens each time is: the Windows Media player window pops up telling me "unable to read".

It's not the usual download window that always pops up when I download other eps from other groups. And this is the first time this has happened - any suggestions?.

(I tried registering on irc, read all the instructions, tried to connect, etc. etc - but it's too hard for me to figure out, too scary; I gave up and I'm asking here)
pflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 02:36   Link #2
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Q: If I try to open the XXXXX link, Windows Media Player pop-up and try to run the file, Why?
A: Probably the link is setted wrong, or the extension is not .Torrent, don't panic!
All you have to do is save the link on the desktop, by right clicking on the link and picking Save As... as a choice.
Save the file on your desktop and add .TORRENT to your file, and run it from the desktop.

Too lazy to past bolds and underlineds.
Edit: Of course, next time check the FAQs before asking. ^^
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 04:20   Link #3
pflower

Which FAQ were you referring to? I thought I read them all...downloading, Bit Torrent and your BT Sticky. . .

Anyways, I tried what you suggested, right click saving to another folder and then double clicking on that to start the download window. Looks like it's working and episode 1 is downloading now. Only 7hrs 40 minutes till complete. . .

Thanks.
Old 2003-11-10, 09:02   Link #4
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
The one linked in my signature... This subforum's FAQ
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 15:08   Link #5
pflower

I re-read your sticky and other peoples posts about download/upload speeds - is this a problem if my upload speed remains 0?

When I downloaded the episode there were 4 seeds/4 clients listed, so I assume there should be some sharing involved both ways. It was about 1-5KiB/s download and 0 KiB/s upload - taking more than 7 hrs to download that one ep.

I decided to try dloading ep 13 which has 8 seeds/8 clients to see if it's any faster exchange. My current window shows download rate of 2 KiB/s and upload of 0 KiB with estimated time left of 71 hours, 51 min. It has never taken this long using other groups and there was always twice the amount of upload rate vs. download rate.

I must be doing something wrong - or -maybe it's just not meant to be that I should see Boys Be?!?