AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-08-27, 15:18   Link #261
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
The other was the scene where Hiyori was staring at the nursery and said "children are cute". Now, if she were a young man, people would probably find that suspicious as all hell. It'd be like that scene from Welcome to the NHK.
Indeed.

Spoiler for ep8:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 20:07   Link #262
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Mages have laws and regulations, but she's talking about "bending" the rules, which does indicate that she has, how do I put this, a mild questioning of authority (I say "mild" because she's never struck me as a rebel in any sense).
Well, the original Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto often revolved around this point.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 00:26   Link #263
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

when im watch this show, i cannot shake the feeling that the people who made this show are being lazy in animations, character design and sceneries (still photos). Dont get me wrong, i like the slow pace of this show and it gives me peace in mind.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 05:57   Link #264
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
When you see poor animation, it's not that animators are being "lazy" (what kind of work concept is that?), it's more like the producers are not paying enough animation time or number of animators.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 09:37   Link #265
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Episode 8 was a classic anime episode. I'd call it a masterpiece.

The story was simple, but the emotions and personalities were revealed in such an artistic way. This show is at a higher aesthetic level than any show now running, with the possible exception of Kara no Kyokai.

People who criticise the animation of this show are in my opinion just wrong, period. This is one of the best-animated shows I can recall. The style is very, very different, but the animation does everything it has to do to show the characters quite intimately and tell a story excellently well. And the backgrounds are among the most atmospheric I have ever seen.

I vehemently disagree with criticism of the money-saving long-shots or static shots with voiceovers. Those are among the most effective moments in the anime, for me. Such as when we see Hara receiving Sora's call. He is in the background of a scene, but that makes the scene so effective. We get a feeling of real presence, and Koyama Rikiya's wonderful voice has a chance to dominate our attention.

I've watched ep8 twice, and it just gets better (especially since the second time was at my laptop's full 1280x720). I especially liked seeing the full-size ads in that version, which was from Zero.
Spoiler for ep8:
This and True Tears are my two favorite shows of 2008. I think one great example of how subtle and expressive the animation is in this show is in the OP, when Sora is standing among the trees looking out across the field. The way her jaw juts out expresses her determination so well, as her soft features express her gentleness at the same time.

I am more and more impressed with Gouta's seiyuu, Maeno Tomoaki. I only just realized again that he was Doujou in Toshokan Sensou. Naruhodo. He did very well in that show, too. He's a 26-year-old newcomer who had one minor role in each of 2005 and 2006, then six minor roles last year, and now 15 roles, three of them fairly major, in 2008. He's on his way up. He has done Japanese dubbing for some TV shows, too, including 24, CSI New York, and Gray's Anatomy.

The absolutely outstanding OP and ED both come out next week, on September 3.

This episode was written by lead writer Yamada Norie, storyboarded by director Kobayashi Osamu, and directed by long-time animator Arakawa Masatsugu, who has been animation supervisor of a couple of dozen episodes of Crayon Shin-chan, and does a lot of work on the ARIA shows.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-08-28 at 10:05.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 10:29   Link #266
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Chapter 8 of the manga came out a couple days ago, and the Natsu no Sora live action movie (coming out December) site was announced.

I have to say, every version of Sora and Gouta look really different (manga, anime, movie).

And chapter 7 color opening. Scanned and patched it up a while ago, not gonna get to scanlating it anytime soon.
Old 2008-09-03, 17:33   Link #267
serenade_beta
マジ天使

You really could laugh at this episode, in various meanings.

Spoiler for ep9:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-09-03, 19:40   Link #268
blewin

just checked suki, great to see the subs are still coming out. I was thinking of looking into Chinese-sub, but I prefer Eng. uh, couldn't stop from spoiling myself here. Now I want to d/l ahead and watch ep 9 too!
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 23:43   Link #269
Srin Tuar
無謀

HRm HRm ??

Spoiler for ep9:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 02:21   Link #270
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Another outstanding episode. Clearly the best show of the season, for me. I didn't laugh...
Spoiler for ep9:
I have no clue what happened in that strange scene. serenade_beta's suggestions make sense.

I thought Takahashi Mikako was excellent, especially during the phone call. Great animation of her expression there, too. Loved Marina's voice this week.

The odd animation reminded me once again of Noein.

I've wanted to see more of Enoshima since Uta~Kata.

And all the music is wonderful.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Old 2008-09-10, 17:14   Link #271
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Spoiler for ep10:

Full ED is great, as expected.

Old 2008-09-11, 01:56   Link #272
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Spoiler for ep10:
Old 2008-09-11, 11:06   Link #273
newtype06

did the subbers discontinue using .avi format for this? Just wondering since I wanted to watch this series using my PS3 ^^;
newtype06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 03:39   Link #274
blewin

Spoiler for ep 10:
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 00:39   Link #275
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 7

You know what, I almost completely sided with Kuroda in this episode. Being a mage isn't for everyone. So what if he has the talent, if he doesn't enjoy it, why shouldn't he quit? He's young, he has plenty of time to find out what he wants to do with his life. It's better than dedicating your life to a career you don't particularly enjoy, which seems to be the popular philosophy in corporate Japan (ie, the attitude that you do your job because you have to, not necessarily because you want to).
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 02:27   Link #276
Zirdante

Need more Yasuko, Sasao Miku really needs to make more CD's.
Zirdante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 07:13   Link #277
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

I would say you are probably correct Sorrow-K but in this case he seems to enjoy doing magic but he wants to do big magic and not small tasks to customers that irritate him. Admittedly he couldn't get that bowl together and after that he was really stepped on by Asagi who just seems to be like that all the time. Obviously she had some caring emotions that she showed up at the end but what an abrasive personality. I'm waiting for the episode in which she realizes that she needs help from a friend so that maybe she can simmer down a bit. Anyways, I don't know what Kuroda's motivation is. He couldn't decide on what to write his father so perhaps he is simply being pressured and forced to learn magic by his father. The boy is certainly stressed out.

I don't know who sings the folk songs within the episodes but I am really digging her song. I hope that her music is on the OST when it's released. Of course the OP and ED are also great musically. I am still amazed by the really unique artistic look they have in the animation. I think I just dig everything about the series so far.

I just wish the Fansubs weren't so far behind. We just got Ep 7 and already people are talking about Spoilers for Ep 10. *sigh*
kilroy0097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 17:37   Link #278
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Spoiler for ep11:

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2008-09-17 at 17:50.
Old 2008-09-17, 23:59   Link #279
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Maybe I'm beginning to rank this series as a masterpiece. Episode 11 was just the kind of anime I like, full of meaningful silence and deep but understated emotion.
Spoiler for ep11:
Director Kobayashi Osamu did the storyboard for this episode, which was directed by Arakawa Masatsugu (director of Time Stranger Kyoko, key animation on shows like Haibane Renmei, ARIA, Blood+, and Chevalier D'Eon).
Old 2008-09-19, 09:46   Link #280
usagijen

I think I'm one of the few people in the otakudom who loves Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ more than Natsume Yuujinchou. It's not just because of my bias for romance, but the way each episode thugs all these emotional strings of mine... it's really my iyashikei anime

Mentioned my [brief] thoughts on episodes 5-7 in this write-up. Here's to hoping more people will love this show, or at least... give it more chance (I also hope the fansubbers can catch up!)

Tags
magic, slice of life