AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-04-08, 12:48   Link #401
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
First possible entry. I may have to use one of Sephi's images for my second signature, finding my own has been rather difficult. ><

Wow, is the Ichigo Mashimaro girls!

My favorite sig so far!

And lol, Nobue can't quit her smoking even when posing for a sig!
__________________
Daniel E. is offline  
Old 2008-04-08, 16:07   Link #402
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: edge of my dream in the land of twilight...ZzzZzZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibeke View Post
Ok, I need honest comments Which one is better?



(I think I should add some text... but I'm out of ideas)
First one looks very unique and stylish however it's center of attraction is the character on the right side so I'm always looking at that one side of the sig. It makes the whole look unbalance. The quality of the pictures is high so that's a good thing. Carnelian I likey a lot.

The second sig looks pleasant(sp?) to the eyes because it's balanced since you have the character at center and her red cloths and block stockings really makes you focus on the center of the sig. They're nice complementary colors. The quality of the picture doesn't seem very good though. The sig is also simple, which isn't a bad thing but it is missing text to make it feel complete. I can understand why it's hard to put text on it because there isn't much room. Maybe you can try adding some vertical text of some kind on the very right side of the sig?

If I had to choose I would pick the second sig because it justs grabs my attention more because of the black and red colors plus you can see the whole character even if the quality of the sig looks bad.
__________________
Wandering_Youth is offline  
Old 2008-04-08, 16:10   Link #403
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland -.-
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
still can't decide, which one of them should be my final entry..and it doesn't help that I currently have no ideas what to do in the 2nd one >.<
__________________

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Vibeke is offline  
Old 2008-04-08, 18:45   Link #404
kamo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
My entry:



The animated one is a bit too big, and the borders aren't smooth, but what do you think of the idea? Is it too much? I still have to add text to whichever one I use too. ^^;;

Vibeke- The first one stands out more for me. =)
__________________
kamo is offline  
Old 2008-04-08, 19:07   Link #405
Utter_iMADNESS
Life's better in a harem.
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamo View Post
I prefer this one. The animation gives it a certain feel that the still image doesn't give. Though it does need a border and smoother edges. I also don't think that the background fits too well. I get the 'having fun going to the festival in the evening' feel, yet this background is somewhat plain and not very exciting.
__________________
Utter_iMADNESS is offline  
Old 2008-04-08, 21:16   Link #406
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: edge of my dream in the land of twilight...ZzzZzZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamo View Post
My entry:
I agree with Utter. This one looks the better. All you got to do is smooth the sides, add a border and some text. Oh yea, I noticed the animation is not very smooth and I can see where it ends and repeats. You might want to try slowing the animation down a bit too.
__________________
Wandering_Youth is offline  
Old 2008-04-08, 21:23   Link #407
BearShare
I'm a commin'
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamo View Post
My entry:

Change the soft brushing color to something not green. Straighten the borders, redo the backround, clean the pixely~ness (guess you can't help that though, damn AS sig restrictions), and it's good to go.
BearShare is offline  
Old 2008-04-09, 05:32   Link #408
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago,IL, USA!!!!
Age: 22
Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamo View Post
My entry:

I like this version alot. All you need is to smooth out the edges(Which I don't know how to do.) and you are good to go.
konstargirl is offline  
Old 2008-04-09, 09:14   Link #409
KasumiGirl
The endless sky
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oosutoraria
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
And lol, Nobue can't quit her smoking even when posing for a sig!


Possible candidate for my SOTM entry:

Still experimenting, though.
__________________


Last edited by KasumiGirl; 2008-04-11 at 02:44.
KasumiGirl is offline  
Old 2008-04-09, 10:34   Link #410
Ayame_
Ever Bright, Ever Blue
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamo View Post
My entry:



The animated one is a bit too big, and the borders aren't smooth, but what do you think of the idea? Is it too much? I still have to add text to whichever one I use too. ^^;;

Vibeke- The first one stands out more for me. =)
I like it, but that was so my backup render. I think yours is better than mine though
__________________
Ayame_ is offline  
Old 2008-04-09, 21:02   Link #411
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In The Farplane

Well it seems this will be my Final Entry
__________________

Last edited by Endrance; 2008-04-18 at 04:10.
Endrance is offline  
Old 2008-04-09, 23:27   Link #412
kamo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayame_ View Post
I like it, but that was so my backup render. I think yours is better than mine though
Ahaha, sorry. ^^;; I think you can still use a render that someone else used though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by konstargirl View Post
I like this version alot. All you need is to smooth out the edges(Which I don't know how to do.) and you are good to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearShare View Post
Change the soft brushing color to something not green. Straighten the borders, redo the backround, clean the pixely~ness (guess you can't help that though, damn AS sig restrictions), and it's good to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
I agree with Utter. This one looks the better. All you got to do is smooth the sides, add a border and some text. Oh yea, I noticed the animation is not very smooth and I can see where it ends and repeats. You might want to try slowing the animation down a bit too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utter_iMADNESS View Post
I prefer this one. The animation gives it a certain feel that the still image doesn't give. Though it does need a border and smoother edges. I also don't think that the background fits too well. I get the 'having fun going to the festival in the evening' feel, yet this background is somewhat plain and not very exciting.
Thanks for the advice! ^^ I'll fix those things.
__________________
kamo is offline  
Old 2008-04-10, 05:32   Link #413
crazyhorse
Procrastinator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: California
Age: 24
I've been wanting to join the fun for a while and I finally found some time and inspiration to make a sig!

Here's my possible entry.



Blah I still need help with optimizing .
Comments, criticism are always appreciated
__________________
Click to Visit my Works

Last edited by crazyhorse; 2008-04-10 at 05:44.
crazyhorse is offline  
Old 2008-04-10, 20:38   Link #414
kayos
RETIRED
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
I like it... the falling leaves looks fluid and natural.

Hmm... is it just me or does her skin look discolorated. Not her face but her body.
kayos is offline  
Old 2008-04-10, 21:56   Link #415
xerotwo
Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Here's my entry:


Edit: Thanks Ledgem for reminding me about the rules, and now I have re-edited my entry.

Last edited by xerotwo; 2008-04-11 at 00:16.
xerotwo is offline  
Old 2008-04-10, 22:33   Link #416
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Village Hidden in the Leaves
Age: 22
Well, it doesn't look like I'm going to do to great against all of these great signatures. Anyways best of luck everyone, and if your still working on siggies you better hurry just over 24 hours left to enter!!!!
Zaku Hyuga is offline  
Old 2008-04-10, 22:54   Link #417
BearShare
I'm a commin'
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
It ends next week btw. ^
BearShare is offline  
Old 2008-04-10, 23:32   Link #418
Ledgem
Love Yourself
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northeast USA
Age: 29
Ah yes good point, I just checked the first post and it ends around April 18. I thought it was ending tomorrow! Whew, that would've been a stresser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerotwo View Post
Here's my entry:
That is a really amazing signature. I started wondering how I could match yours, and checked your file size and dimensions - I hate to say it (but want to alert you) that you're "out of bounds" on both. For dimensions it can only be 500 pixels wide by 160 pixels high (yours is 175 high) and it can only be 50 kb (50,000 bytes exactly) - yours is 126 KB (128528 bytes). Cut off 15 pixels from the top/bottom (or both) and tone down the JPEG compression and you'll be good to go!
__________________
Ledgem is offline  
Old 2008-04-11, 00:31   Link #419
crazyhorse
Procrastinator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: California
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
I like it... the falling leaves looks fluid and natural.

Hmm... is it just me or does her skin look discolorated. Not her face but her body.
I darkened it because I was trying make it look like shadows from standing under the tree. Maybe I should take it out....
__________________
Click to Visit my Works
crazyhorse is offline  
Old 2008-04-11, 02:03   Link #420
kayos
RETIRED
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
I darkened it because I was trying make it look like shadows from standing under the tree. Maybe I should take it out....
It all depend on the light source, which imo seems to be coming from the front and above. Notice the subtle shadow under her chin.

You really don't need the shade. It's quite possible for a person to be under a tree and not be shaded.
kayos is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
sotm

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.