AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-27, 17:10   Link #121
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
Not what my intentions are. I been in quite a bad mood for most of the day so i might sound a bit harsh. So far with this new theme i had quite a lot of complaints. I tried making this theme as clear as possible. I asked quite a lot of people for there insight about it. And only a handful has actually given some info. And the rest is either not serious or just shows a i don't care attitude and complains afterwards.
I get the theme of what are you talking about but it seems like only a few of us get what are you saying like me and mimi_girl(Well Thats all I know).

Elegant means beautiful or pretty okay people. Thats what Sephi is trying to say.
Now is that correct sephi?

@mimi_girl: Most agree with you.
Old 2008-03-27, 17:25   Link #122
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
Hmm..is this formal enough? ^^ I think that it'll be my final entry

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Old 2008-03-27, 17:36   Link #123
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by konstargirl View Post
I get the theme of what are you talking about but it seems like only a few of us get what are you saying like me and mimi_girl(Well Thats all I know).

Elegant means beautiful or pretty okay people. Thats what Sephi is trying to say.
Now is that correct sephi?

@mimi_girl: Most agree with you.
Beautiful and pretty would not be specific enough imho, but i appreciate your help. I can say the signature your using now definitely fits the theme dresscode.

Even though it's not anime. Me and Solace agrees it's ok to not use Anime renders even though AS being a anime forum. But seeing it's a failure from my side i won't be picky about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibeke View Post
Hmm..is this formal enough? ^^ I think that it'll be my final entry
The word formal has been scrapped already(read first post in this thread). But it meets the theme imo

Gl in this SOTM to both of you

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Old 2008-03-27, 17:38   Link #124
Faeyice
it's animal, unbelievable
*Graphic Designer

^ My entry. Tis a pain to make everything from scratch except the render and dot textures. D:

Last edited by Faeyice; 2008-03-27 at 18:50.
Old 2008-03-27, 17:40   Link #125
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
Beautiful and pretty would not be specific enough imho, but i appreciate your help. I can say the signature your using now definitely fits the theme dresscode.
You think so. Thanks.

I'm sure there will be better entries than what I had right now. I mean some of them looked really pretty. ^^
Old 2008-03-27, 18:11   Link #126
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Second attempt.

Old 2008-03-27, 18:16   Link #127
Ayame_
Ever Bright, Ever Blue
*Graphic Designer

@Rhyel, That looks much better. Really digging it. Nice atmosphere, really feels like autumn.
Old 2008-03-27, 19:00   Link #128
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
New version:

Any better??

Just a random suggestion: Why don't you try sharpening the render a little? You might even be able to take away the glow [which in my opinion is awkward] if the sharpening creates a distinction. If you don't want to take away the glow, lower the opacity of the glow a little bit.

If you like the glow or the glow works after sharpening, then it's fine. ^__^
Old 2008-03-27, 19:00   Link #129
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

@Rhyel: Oooh, looks very nice indeed. The only thing I would change is the text. I'm not saying it's bad, mind you, but you could make it a bit easier to read... it's a bit too.... flowery. (bad pun intended) But that's just my opinion, cause I like plainer text.
Old 2008-03-27, 19:01   Link #130
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author

Well here we go, my first entry into the April contest
I've spent more time on this than any other than I've done and i'm pleased with the results. Sorry it's so small, had to make it that way so it would fit the size limits. I'm pretty sure I won't win, but I'm hoping to get at least one vote

EDIT: Changed my mind and this may not be my official entry. I may edit it and tweak it a little.

Last edited by Zaku Hyuga; 2008-03-27 at 22:02.
Old 2008-03-27, 19:06   Link #131
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

One thing I don't get for these contests is... why the hell is it always female characters? Are male characters not allowed? I'm not usually one to bitch about these kinds of things, but I feel like the SOTM is kinda sexist in that way.
Old 2008-03-27, 19:10   Link #132
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

If you want male characters, then win. Then you can have male characters. The winner of the last tournament decided females only, so we have to stick with that this month. ^__^
Old 2008-03-27, 19:10   Link #133
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

OMG Zaku, MS Paint.

I wonder how many beautiful arts you can make with this program... Artweaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayame_ View Post
@Rhyel, That looks much better. Really digging it. Nice atmosphere, really feels like autumn.
Thanks, I like it more too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
@Rhyel: Oooh, looks very nice indeed. The only thing I would change is the text. I'm not saying it's bad, mind you, but you could make it a bit easier to read... it's a bit too.... flowery. (bad pun intended) But that's just my opinion, cause I like plainer text.
I not very happy with this text too, I will try others combinations later. Thanks
Old 2008-03-27, 19:12   Link #134
Utter_iMADNESS
Life's better in a harem.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
One thing I don't get for these contests is... why the hell is it always female characters? Are male characters not allowed? I'm not usually one to bitch about these kinds of things, but I feel like the SOTM is kinda sexist in that way.
Well, I have a hard time imagining male characters looking elegant, but that's probably because I'm a guy. The only thing that I can think of where a male character is elegant is if they wore a suit.
Old 2008-03-27, 19:14   Link #135
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyel View Post
OMG Zaku, MS Paint.

I wonder how many beautiful arts you can make with this program... Artweaver
Thanks for the link, will definitely download it and try it out. Also I like your sig
Old 2008-03-27, 19:18   Link #136
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author

Quote:
Yeah probably Men were cut out this time to prevent a lot of guys in military uniforms and and other odd outfits from being mixed in. Also I don't see to many male characters being picked above girls in dresses.
Old 2008-03-27, 19:25   Link #137
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyel View Post
Second attempt.

The reason you don't like the text might be because it draws in the focus away from the girl. Try to make the text draw in less attention [make the outer glow less bright or something]. You also might want to sharpen the girl a little; she's kind of blurry.
There's also a lot of negative space in your signature [inbetween the tree and the girl]. Maybe you had too much space and you wanted to use the maximum signature length?

Maybe I shouldn't say, "Sharpen," as much as I'm saying it....

Edit: You might not need sharpening. If you're considering it, ask for a second opinion or experiment.
Old 2008-03-27, 19:26   Link #138
CrowKenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Just a random suggestion: Why don't you try sharpening the render a little? You might even be able to take away the glow [which in my opinion is awkward] if the sharpening creates a distinction. If you don't want to take away the glow, lower the opacity of the glow a little bit.

If you like the glow or the glow works after sharpening, then it's fine. ^__^
Took away an adjustment layer and lowered the opacity of the glow:

Old 2008-03-27, 20:56   Link #139
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
The reason you don't like the text might be because it draws in the focus away from the girl. Try to make the text draw in less attention [make the outer glow less bright or something]. You also might want to sharpen the girl a little; she's kind of blurry.
There's also a lot of negative space in your signature [inbetween the tree and the girl]. Maybe you had too much space and you wanted to use the maximum signature length?

Maybe I shouldn't say, "Sharpen," as much as I'm saying it....

Edit: You might not need sharpening. If you're considering it, ask for a second opinion or experiment.
Thanks to review my sig. I will try improve the text to combine better.
Old 2008-03-27, 21:18   Link #140
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
Okay, here's my first entry. It ain't official yet because I don't know if it might looks awkward, or weird. I think it looks nice for the theme, especially the color choices =D.

Tags
sotm