AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-10, 10:34   Link #81
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Um... Angels Thesis and Utau, he's already apologized for it. Read through before blasting away, eh?
Heh sensitive subject with some I think Vexx...Only thing that ever really irked me to get "Translated" (Or just plain left out) are honorifics...

Ah but anyway was a fine translation keep up the good work.

Interesting to see though the Rental Magica comparisons considering I never got the same vibe watching the episode...Ofcourse I got annoyed with RM's character and ended up dropping it whereas I'm throughly enjoying the characters in this one. *shrug*

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 16:13   Link #82
LKK

Am I the only one wondering why the city's principle defenders use a children's playhouse in a small playground as their headquarters?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 17:25   Link #83
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
Somebody please encode in avi.

I applaud Sonzai for picking up the slack when nobody else is smart enough to sub this series, but please try and find a way to encode on avi--while my computer has good space and memory, mkv and such don't cooperate, and I can't skip around on the video either.

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Sin Ansem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 18:10   Link #84
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well finally decided to check out the first episode. Thought it was pretty solid and plenty of characters seemed to have interesting potential. So no problem with sticking around with this one to see where it ends up going.

Probably take a few episodes to get everyone's name down though .
Old 2008-10-10, 23:57   Link #85
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Um... Angels Thesis and Utau, he's already apologized for it. Read through before blasting away, eh?
when i quoted, he hasn't posted yet. i guess it took me long enough to post in other threads that cause me to miss his post .

Status Quo: MIA
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 03:05   Link #86
DarkAbyss

I thank the people who decided to sub this series <3
But could someone please encode it to avi? My computer doesn't like mkv =___="

..Also very annoyed at the people who complained about the translations...go watch your mainstream stuff if you can't comprehend words that are commonly found in the non-mainstream stuff =__________="

Sorry about the rant =__="
DarkAbyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 08:46   Link #87
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
As a change of tone...here are some thoughts for ep 2

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 08:59   Link #88
Riful
Of The West

Really happy that a group has finally picked this up. This is a decent show and doesn't deserve to be overlooked. Keep up the good work, lailaiboy & co ^^

After 2 episodes I'm quite happy with the show. It seems like nothing special, but imho the characters are really above average. They're interesting and likeable and for me are like the heart of the show. The fighting looks good also, but I never got bored during the non-fighting parts ... unlike many others apparently v.v

I was a bit annoyed at Rin, but I also understand her reasons, her character was quite convincing imho. And I guess her case is closed now ... will she play another important role in the story?

next week looks like a lot of fun and we'll see the evil catboy (he looks so ridiculous) in action.
Old 2008-10-11, 11:04   Link #89
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
As a change of tone...here are some thoughts for ep 2
Oh, dear. I shouldn't have read that just yet. Even though I watched the raw, your review contained a few factoids that I hadn't picked up on and were rather spoilerish for me. For example...
Spoiler for ep 2, based on Killz's review:

I'm not faulting you for the spoilers, by the way. It was my choice to read your summary before I watched the sub. My mistake.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-10-11, 11:11   Link #90
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Oh, dear. I shouldn't have read that just yet. Even though I watched the raw, your review contained a few factoids that I hadn't picked up on and were rather spoilerish for me. For example...
Spoiler for ep 2, based on Killz's review:

I'm not faulting you for the spoilers, by the way. It was my choice to read your summary before I watched the sub. My mistake.
Actually...it isn't confirmed at all so erase that comment from your mind! I just used it as a nickname until I know his real name

Sorry, I better go edit the entry before someone else gets the wrong idea...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 11:19   Link #91
LKK

^^ Ah, gotcha. Although now that the idea is in my head, it wouldn't surprise me.

To be honest, I still working through the hints given out during the OP. I feel that there's a lot to glean from the OP if I could just them work out. For example, I find intriguing the number of times the fox-eared guy shows up in the OP. When you include the number of times his shadow appears in the background of another character's appearance, the fox-eared guy probably appears nearly as often as the main quartet does. I'm also really curious as to why Akina's appearance is shadowed by the fox-eared guy. Do they have some background connection maybe?

Old 2008-10-11, 21:26   Link #92
AngelsThesis
♪ツンツン デレツン♪ ♪デレツンツン♪

Manga Fox has finally got Yozakura Quartet chapters up,
used to check once a day and still didnt see it >.>

http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/s...ura_shijuusou/

credits to a friend of mine (eduardo1210) for finding out.

Last edited by AngelsThesis; 2008-10-11 at 21:43.
AngelsThesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 04:05   Link #93
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Not a bad show, but then again, long raven-haired girls wearing dark clothing and black zettai ryouiki for some reason always seems to draw me in. I curse thee Tohsaka!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 07:57   Link #94
kujoe
from head to heel

I especially like the voice work in this show. It's actually nice to hear these characters interrupt each other, instead of waiting for the other person to finish his or her lines. It sounds more realistic that way.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 21:23   Link #95
AngelsThesis
♪ツンツン デレツン♪ ♪デレツンツン♪

AonE is subbing Yozakura now as well~
Old 2008-10-13, 02:57   Link #96
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Ep One is not bad, I kinda thought this Youkai girl was just an ordinary sutdent but acutaully a high school student and I 'm having kind of a fetish between demons that have ears, seriously!
Old 2008-10-13, 06:21   Link #97
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

After spoiling myself silly with a few English volumes of Yozakura manga, I think the anime actually compares pretty favorably. To put it as bluntly as possible, I don't think the art in the original material is anything to write home about and everything being animated actually seems to put more of a charm into it. Though I wish the animation was sharper, but it's a decent conversion.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 09:30   Link #98
LKK

I agree with you about the manga art, SuperKnuckles. After watching the first episode, I went out and quickly read the first 2 volumes of the manga. The anime art is an improvement over the manga art, in my opinion. The manga story has more humorous scenes in it though. I suppose they were cut for time. The single biggest change I saw between the manga and the anime is that Akina's ability is introduced in the anime much sooner than in the manga. I assume that was done because the series is likely to only be 13 episodes. On the whole, the anime compares well with the manga in terms of capturing the characters' personalities and quirks.

Old 2008-10-13, 18:06   Link #99
kamikazex

pretty solid series to watch. interesting bunch of characters
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 01:46   Link #100
AngelsThesis
♪ツンツン デレツン♪ ♪デレツンツン♪

@ Superknuckles and LKK

i think they changed the characters a bit too much, and the timeline is now everywhere.

i personally think they wouldve done much better if they left it alone as it was.

makes the story more "dark" that way.

Tags
action, comedy, shounen, supernatural