AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-06, 22:07   Link #221
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Yeah, this clicks for me more than Sketchbook or Zetsubou Sensei or Minami-ke. Everybody's sense of humor is different. I consider this more absurd than silly, and absurd humor is what I like. Ichigo Mashimaro is my favorite comedy anime, of what I've seen.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 00:21   Link #222
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

.... ... I liked Sketchbook, Zetsubou Sensei, AND Minami-ke .... and Ichigo Masimaro.
(wonders what kind of twisted menagerie his sense of humor is...)
And I'm liking this series okay... but I'll admit I'm very happy to see some guys come in the comedy mix. The "4 girls doing silly stuff in their daily lives" can only stand so many permutations (kind of like the eroge harem fans who are painfully starting to realize there's not much innovating happening in their niche).

I guess I'm getting an armful of the sort of thing I like this season between Kyounogononi, Hyakko, Toradora!. Along with Kannagi and Kurozuka (wheee, out of left field!) - I'm relatively happy so far.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 01:21   Link #223
herbert

Ep 5 scared me.
Spoiler:

Btw, I'd like to remind this from ep 1.

Last edited by herbert; 2008-11-07 at 01:35.
herbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 04:39   Link #224
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Yeah, I mostly get that part... however, it isn't as pleasant as, say, Sketchbook's or any of Shinbo's comedies' unusual pacing is. Perhaps it just doesn't click with me, I don't know.
Shinbo's stuff seems to come at a lighting pace because of its visual style even if nothing basically HAPPENS in the show. Which is sorta his thing and I'm a major Shinbo fan. Sketchbook was great too and I wish that show continued on for 13 more eps. I guess for me, Hyakko simply fills in the void. If I'm comparing this show directly to the others, it may not compare favorably. I mean, those other shows are nigh classics. It's the same situation with Kyo no Go no Ni for me. Maybe not classics, but it will haul me over for the slice-of-life/4koma style comedies for the season.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 10:13   Link #225
amjzz

Watched episode 4:

The comedy on this anime is getting better each episode....probably the most funny anime of this season.

The comedy situations are very original.
amjzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 00:02   Link #226
GreatTeacherKen

Now that the show's format's changed, I think it's gotten a bit better. I still think some of the timing's off, but I'm laughing more now. The mech segment was very funny and Torako looks surprisingly sexy with her hair down.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 00:59   Link #227
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Ep 5 scared me.
Spoiler:

Btw, I'd like to remind this from ep 1.
I just assumed that it was the teacher, but I haven't seen ep5 so I can't say for sure.

^ Touhoues for president. ^
Chinese Saimoe 08 Congradulations to C.C. and Shana for winning Chinese Saimoe 08
cicido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 23:04   Link #228
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Lots of interesting comedy and character interaction in ep 4 .... pacing seems *really* slow though.

Class Rep isn't really funny so much as just a little mentally unstable. Pity the poor guro-gal (I guess that's what she's supposed to be - dark tanned and bleached blonde).

Too bad they weren't able to trick Tatsuki-chan into some adorable pose....

Random to the air: why is the "class photographer" always the "mischief making cat person"? Fascinating way to make some side cash though...

Oh... and the episode is full of Suzu innocent goodness.
Old 2008-11-12, 00:06   Link #229
Ultenth

So should I pick this show back up then? I assume most of you are posting her because you like the show, but I dropped it after 2 episodes. The comedy just seemed rehashed and slow, and characters seemed formulaic as well as the gags. Does it improve in those facets or if I dropped it due to those reasons should I just leave it as dropped?
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 02:12   Link #230
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

For me, its worth continuing for academic reasons -- its in the same valley as Hidamari Sketch or Sketchbook or such ... but its got such an angular harshness rather than soft fuzziness which makes it worth watching for me to see what they're trying to accomplish even when they're doing "the same gag". Sometimes they'll set up as if to do the "same gags" and then veer hard into weirdness land.

The gag pacing is still almost glacial at times (set up, build, punchline, aftermath) but it has the occasional moment of brilliance. The cafeteria sketch was quite good in my opinion (as was the class sketching exercise for fanservice --- except the animators seem to have had a drawing spaz when it came to class rep when she attacked Torako)

I guess it kind of depends on your available time and if you have an anime watching timeslot open. Otherwise, I'd say download it and store it for a rainy day.
Old 2008-11-12, 02:14   Link #231
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultenth View Post
So should I pick this show back up then? I assume most of you are posting her because you like the show, but I dropped it after 2 episodes. The comedy just seemed rehashed and slow, and characters seemed formulaic as well as the gags. Does it improve in those facets or if I dropped it due to those reasons should I just leave it as dropped?
Try one more episode. If you like it, go on; if not, drop it without looking back.
Old 2008-11-12, 13:33   Link #232
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Episode 6 - The Dragon's Lair/Torako Deluxe!:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 17:08   Link #233
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Spoiler for ep6:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 08:55   Link #234
Peanutbutter

Spoiler for ep 6:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 09:49   Link #235
Freeter
i see baka people

Spoiler for 06:

Freeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 19:59   Link #236
NakedAngelX

Just noticed today from listening to them chat while taking a nap lol, isn't Torako's voice cast same as Miu? Hoooray!!
Old 2008-11-14, 07:52   Link #237
arkxkra
全力全開

ep 6 not bad, fun to watch.

Spoiler for :
Old 2008-11-14, 08:28   Link #238
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

Is it comedy anime?

Spoiler for EP 6:

Spoiler for EP 6(2):
Old 2008-11-15, 11:36   Link #239
SinsI

Anyone knows OST release data? I want to hear normal version of the songs from episode 5.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 11:57   Link #240
Midonin
Last Engage

The OST will be released at Christmas, though until the tracklist appears I have no idea if Torako and Ushio's songs will be on there.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, parody, school life, shounen, slice of life