AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-08, 16:01   Link #101
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Second episode was a lot better than the first. The first episode was only funny near the end, but this episode was decent throughout the whole 22 minutes or so. Not exactly at the hilarious level, but at least I see that this anime won't be completely boring. Check episode 3 and see if they can keep this up...

Poor Tatsuki... Seriously must have hurt...

ED is as out-of-place as ever.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 19:39   Link #102
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

I found myself smiling throughout episode two and laughing out loud a few times. That can't be bad. The vocal pacing is still extremely weird, but it seems to be working. Maybe it's just sympathy for Ochiai Yurika, but I'm liking Suzu. I'm liking them all, I guess I have to say. No masterpiece, but enjoyable so far.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 23:25   Link #103
herbert

I can feel for Tatsuki now. I feel visually and mentally raped while watching ep2. What the f**k they did with animation quality this time around? And story-wise... I guess I had expected too much.
Old 2008-10-10, 22:30   Link #104
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
This has probably one of the best ensemble casts of the whole year.

Either way, I liked the first episode quite a bit, and it even ended up surprising me! (And here I was thinking this season was full of generic shows).

And mad props for including Orikasa Fumiko and Fujiwara Keiji in the same series. Infinite possibilities for winrar comedy duos (as exemplified in the last few minutes of the first episode).

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 18:01   Link #105
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Ok now that was pretty damn fun...The episode defiantly proved to me that it was the premise from the first episode not so much the cast that caused me to feel bored at times.

Hopefully they can maintain this level throughout the run.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 21:59   Link #106
Tiran86

Definitely an improvement on the first episode. This kind of show has been done better before, but its enjoyable enough where I'll most likely watch it all the way through.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 22:32   Link #107
yozaku
Always Idle

damn torako she really did it on purpose
yozaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 00:42   Link #108
ZODDGUTS

Heh can't blame her for going home early the very next day.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 01:49   Link #109
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I'm not exactly sure what to think about this anime so far. Torako was annoying as heck throughout the whole entire episode and her personality is not very appealing. I feel for Tatsuki having to put up with Torako. All in all, the episode was rather boring. I didn't laugh or find it interesting.
Old 2008-10-12, 02:38   Link #110
Zippicus

After a couple episodes, this one looks like a winner. I like all the characters and the humor is right up my alley, I'm sold.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 09:35   Link #111
Onibur
(ಠ_ಠ)

Suzu is my favorite character of the kage four so far, I loled when she said "cafeteria".
Onibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 09:41   Link #112
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
I'm not exactly sure what to think about this anime so far. Torako was annoying as heck throughout the whole entire episode and her personality is not very appealing. I feel for Tatsuki having to put up with Torako. All in all, the episode was rather boring. I didn't laugh or find it interesting.
I think that's where the comedy comes from. Sorta like Tomo-chan in Azumanga Daioh. She was TOTALLY easy to hate upon, but she was like the foil of the comedy. I'm guessing Torako basically is that comedic foil.

With me, the first ep was a very smooth introduction of characters (since it all came from a series of unfortunate events, hence very little of it felt forced for me) and it was a cute little intro. With this ep, it went into a full comedy mode. I love the pop sports references. So blatant and nonsensical.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 10:10   Link #113
Red Lupine
Bulzome High Priest

I thought Ayu was the main character and I liked her narration in the first episode. It's sad to see her being flung into the background like most quiet characters.
Old 2008-10-12, 12:07   Link #114
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I found myself smiling throughout episode two and laughing out loud a few times. That can't be bad. The vocal pacing is still extremely weird, but it seems to be working. Maybe it's just sympathy for Ochiai Yurika, but I'm liking Suzu. I'm liking them all, I guess I have to say. No masterpiece, but enjoyable so far.
Somehow it manages to hold my attention and keep me entertained despite the utter lack of plot so far. I'm quite surprised.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 12:34   Link #115
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
ED is as out-of-place as ever.
I actually think that it fits rather well with the upbeat style of the series. Unlike the usual SoL vibes I feel, this series also adds some spice into it in some weird way (or at least not in a traditional sense where even funny scene revolved around a fairly slow and relaxed pace).

ep 2
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 07:07   Link #116
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 2 didn't do it for me like the first ep did. It was basically just the same thing over and over again.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 15:19   Link #117
Xburnout
Cake>Pie.

Second episode was boring and not too funny for me. Episode three will probably determine if I keep with the show or not.
Old 2008-10-14, 02:29   Link #118
Gin456

Episode 2 is decent but I keep watching it.
Gin456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 03:02   Link #119
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Ep 2 didn't do it for me like the first ep did. It was basically just the same thing over and over again.
I think the repeat mode was what made things funny for me. If they're gonna go by convention, at least live and die by it. It's sorta like the repeat-mode Family Guy sometimes has, but just not as severe.

As for Tatsuki, I definitely agree that she is THE reason to watch. It's just so fun to see her get teased and try to be all high-class queen about it. With that kind of princess-voice, you just WANT to see her get smacked in the face.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 04:18   Link #120
Bloodseeker

Just watched the first two episodes.

It was okay.

Ayu (moe), Suzu, and Tarako are likable, and I smiled a couple of times.

Don't know how motivated I'll be to continue watching unless I start hearing a lot of good things about future episodes, though. (or at least about an increased focus fanservice or something)
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, parody, school life, shounen, slice of life