AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-22, 12:57   Link #321
terrus

Episode two is up apparently, can someone confirm this?
Old 2008-07-22, 13:05   Link #322
Asane
Lelouch follower

Tadaa!!!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/...ation-network/
Asane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 13:16   Link #323
ZODDGUTS

Yeah, episode two is up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asane View Post
This mentions two seasons but 26 episodes. Guess by two seasons it means each 13 episodes is a season.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 13:19   Link #324
terrus

Yes! whilst i'm glad that episode two is up and this is going to be out weekly i too also noticed that it was said that it was going to be two seasons on IGN. So this means that were going to have to wait about six months until season two. I just hope they do a good job of wrapping up season one, it just sucks that were going to have to wait for the conlcusion (does this mean the U.S will get season two early as well though?)

Last edited by terrus; 2008-07-22 at 13:31.
terrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 13:29   Link #325
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrus View Post
Yes! whilst i'm glad that episode two is up and this is going to be out weekly i too also noticed that it was said that it was going to be two seasons on IGN. So this means that we're going to have to wait about six months until season two.
What makes you say that? If they go by the Japanese definition, TV seasons run year-round.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 13:36   Link #326
terrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
What makes you say that? If they go by the Japanese definition, TV seasons run year-round.
I guess i am jumping the gun. It's just this is what happend with code geass and if each series is 13 episodes that would explain the quality animation, but then again i'm just worrying over what could be potentially nothing.
Old 2008-07-22, 13:39   Link #327
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrus View Post
I guess i am jumping the gun. It's just this is what happend with code geass and if each series is 13 episodes that would explain the quality animation, but then again i'm just worrying over what could be potentially nothing.
Look at it this way, the first season of Code Geass was 'two seasons'. It's just how they are described in Japan.
Old 2008-07-22, 13:44   Link #328
terrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Look at it this way, the first season of Code Geass was 'two seasons'. It's just how they are described in Japan.
Ah I see, well most animes do seem to have an end of a story arc by episode thirteen or fourteen like Gurren Laggan and Macross Frontier, so that does make sense.
Old 2008-07-22, 20:42   Link #329
icealchemist
troll4hire
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to icealchemist Send a message via MSN to icealchemist
great episode, the fight scene was awesome ;o

Next week looks good too
Spoiler for next week:
icealchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 22:07   Link #330
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asane View Post
127 comments and almost all of them complaints either about the price of Xam'd or how Canada, Puerot Rico etc doesn't have the store. I wonder what's up with Puerto Rico not having it.

Hopefully they will take the complaints about the pricing and fix it.
Old 2008-07-23, 05:46   Link #331
Quarkboy
Anime Translator

Send a message via AIM to Quarkboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
127 comments and almost all of them complaints either about the price of Xam'd or how Canada, Puerot Rico etc doesn't have the store. I wonder what's up with Puerto Rico not having it.

Hopefully they will take the complaints about the pricing and fix it.
Too bad the people reading that blog (Sony Entertainment Corporation of America) probably have ZERO say in the pricing of the show which is almost certainly fixed by the contract with Bones.
Chance of the price being changed for Xam'd in the near future? 0.1%.
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 05:57   Link #332
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Sad that so many people are hung up over SCEA's involvement, due to Sony's reputation being less than stellar nowadays. Heck, I wish the Xbox folks do something and for cheaper just to prove a point. Microsoft seems to play the softer card with regard to these issues anyway.

All that said, the first episode had some crazy amount of budget pumped into it. I'm not sure I like the excessive amount of sarcasm and pretentiousness that goes with such high ended productions, but I can admit that it's pretty interesting and it's definitely on par, if not higher than typical TV productions (maybe with Sony's money).
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 06:26   Link #333
terrus

Can someone tell me what the requirement for this thread to be made into a forum is? Is it the amount of posts or the amount of pages?
Old 2008-07-23, 06:29   Link #334
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I think that if Xam'd gets a forum, there will only be 2 threads. One thread will be complaints about the price being too high, the store being limited to the US only, and people that don't have a PSP or PS3. The other thread will be about the show, because there will hardly be more like 10-20 posts per week so there won't be any need to have new threads for each ep. :P
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 06:49   Link #335
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I'm not sure I like the excessive amount of sarcasm and pretentiousness that goes with such high ended productions,
What on earth do you mean by that? There's nothing sarcastic or pretentious about Xam'd. From the first episode it's a pretty straightforward and totally awesome action adventure - nothing more, nothing less.

If you're talking about the people who are posting that's another matter entirely.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 07:33   Link #336
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWacky View Post
What on earth do you mean by that? There's nothing sarcastic or pretentious about Xam'd. From the first episode it's a pretty straightforward and totally awesome action adventure - nothing more, nothing less.

If you're talking about the people who are posting that's another matter entirely.
I'm talking about how the characters all seems to be doing their thing in their world and I just feel totally left out. Hopefully more episodes will flesh things out soon.

As for the sarcastic streak of the characters, it's definitely on the higher end there compared to most shows this season. I personally don't care for that type of attitude in my anime, though most seems to not mind it. I don't think it's a flaw other than my subjectivity towards it.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 11:11   Link #337
gattei.you

god..paid for HD version.. take a WHILE to d/l 1.5G.
Sad thing is, its gonna be gone in a day.

what is this Sony...
gattei.you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 12:17   Link #338
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well I happened upon this one by accident and despite the quality it was in I loved it. Unfortunately to my dismay when I tried tracking it down I found like the others in this thread in order to support the title and see it in an unhorrible resolution I need to own a PSP/PS3? Meh...

Never have been a gamer probably never will be so I guess I'll be in the group of people that I'll have to wait on the DVD release...Although in theory even if I did own a PSP paying for something only to rent has never been my cup of tea...I like my bookshelves of DVDs personally. Kinda reminds me when E-books were getting pushed...Just not the same thing as physical media.

Anyway as for the show itself I enjoyed it a great deal...The characters were wonderful and even with a bad image quality I could tell the animation was lovely.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 14:13   Link #339
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gattei.you View Post
god..paid for HD version.. take a WHILE to d/l 1.5G.
Sad thing is, its gonna be gone in a day.

what is this Sony...
You don't have to watch it within 24 hours of your download. The file will expire in a week if you do nothing with it.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 22:54   Link #340
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

um i have a question

after ep 1 my head is asking me

was this a game????

Tags
bones