AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-09-26, 17:53   Link #861
Wesley84

Well, it might be a turning point. I just hope they don't relapse.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 18:43   Link #862
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Ah, Bones! Have yet to see any of their shows that I didn't like in some way. First 3 episodes were very very good. As a huge fan of the eye-candy (animation), I don't even care if a show can organize a good story. Bones, on the other hand, are very capable of doing both in stride consistently.
Old 2008-09-26, 20:31   Link #863
Key Board
Donut

I'm going to make my first prediction regarding the theme of the story

We have people who are literally worshiping Hiruko. "surrender to the will of Hiruko" is their trademark phrase

We have people who militarize the Hiruko and think of them none other than weapons

and finally, we have people like the Captain is just plain out despise the Hiruko religious fanaticism. To quote Han Solo, "Bah...hokey religions and silly superstitions"

I believe the story is trying to show that blind fanaticism is wrong. I also believe that the show is trying to say that Hiruko don't want to treated as objects, too.

I think Akiyuki has it right. The Hiruko just want to live among humans. They neither desire worship nor contempt.

I believe at the end of his journey he will find his answer. He will not surrender to his Hiruko, and neither will his Hiruko surrender to him. Rather they will work and cooperate with each other. Thus, he will be the perfect XAM
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 17:53   Link #864
Vito
Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
There's very little fanart I've found indeed. There's those you mention - and a few more on Deviantart, but otherwise, Xam'd is so far rather low on fanstuffs... <_<.
I haven't looked much for fanart (I usually dislike since the quality is usually sub-par compared to the original designs), but I expected for the show to get some coverage in the japanese magazines, but so far there seem to be only two pictures.

In episode 11 when Nakimai starts yelling she really sounds like Renton (same VA I think)
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 18:00   Link #865
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
In episode 11 when Nakimai starts yelling she really sounds like Renton (same VA I think)
Yep you're right --- both are voiced by Sanpei Yuko.
Old 2008-09-27, 18:30   Link #866
SkoolRumble4Ya

I wonder what they're gonna do now since their ship is destroyed. It feels like Akiyuki and Furichi will fight in the end and it will end in a big cliffhanger.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 23:22   Link #867
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
I'm up to episode 7 and I cannot help but observe that this is Eureka 7 take 2 in so many ways. The familiar voices of the seiyuus' do not bother me (half of the main cast from Bounen also lent their voices in Eureka 7), but the familiar plot devices do. Ah, well!
Old 2008-09-28, 04:38   Link #868
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
I wonder what they're gonna do now since their ship is destroyed.
It ain't destroyed as such. More like broke though. They'll probably spend the next episode trying to get it in a flight-able state again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
IIt feels like Akiyuki and Furichi will fight in the end and it will end in a big cliffhanger.
I wouldn't be surpised at all if this were to happen...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 05:22   Link #869
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
It ain't destroyed as such. More like broke though. They'll probably spend the next episode trying to get it in a flight-able state again.
& as it was mentioned in the preview, we'll have some talking which i'm guessing will involve some back-story information for the grew.
Old 2008-09-28, 06:01   Link #870
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& as it was mentioned in the preview, we'll have some talking which i'm guessing will involve some back-story information for the grew.
There'll be talk for sure. Still, previews don't show everything.. anc can trick you as well. Everyone guessed that with the preview for episode 10, we'd be in for a flashback/backgroudn episode, sorta - though in the end the flashback itself proved to be rather short as such .
Old 2008-09-28, 07:28   Link #871
crimmy88

With the whole ex-friend vs. main protagonist going on, I will rage if Xam'd ends the same way Geass season 1 ended. God, that was one hell of a cliffhanger.
crimmy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 09:32   Link #872
Vito
Asshole.

Please don't bring Code Geass into this thread Especially since the two series are nothing alike, if anything, look at Eureka 7's storyline.
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 19:23   Link #873
Wesley84

Eureka 7 and Xam'd are nothing alike, except for certain crazy religoius people.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 20:11   Link #874
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Eureka 7 and Xam'd are nothing alike, except for certain crazy religoius people.
It feels like it at least been inspired a bit by Lost Exile/Eureka 7/King Gainer
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 20:54   Link #875
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
It feels like it at least been inspired a bit by Lost Exile/Eureka 7/King Gainer
And Nausicań of course - the manga, of course. Nakiami's VERY similar to Nausicań. Maybe the factions are too;

The southern alliance or whatever plus Sentan Island - Torumekia and the Periphery Kingdoms.
The North - the Dorok people.
Tessik Village and it's people - The wormhandlers.
Sannova & her followers - Either the Forest People or the Crypt and it's guardians <_<.
Old 2008-09-28, 22:09   Link #876
Guido

The Astonishing Raigyo

Raigyo's debut into the storyline contributes a feel of fresh air, since I have this gut feeling that he will fill role of mentor to Akiyuki and the foil for the latter.

Could that be really interesting to find out later in the anime what kind of relationship Raigyo and Nakiami held in the past?
It will be maybe like Akushiba said: Nakiami saved him, and he later went on his own journey to find himself as Xam'd.

Anyways, the story now is hinting at a possible turn with references about the Kujireka and the Tessik planned revolution to overthrow the North Government.
Given that Kujireka has been introduced just a picture reference, I bet she'll serve some main purpose for the latter half of the series.

Right now we're switching to Haru's side, and how Furuichi has gone stone cold on her, partly due that she cares more for the well being of Akiyuki than mourning for the loss of her schoolmates and overall peace at Sentan Island while Furuichi has to deal with the grieving by himself.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 11:55   Link #877
Kora

after ep 11 i've been thinking that Ishu is really harsh on Nakiami. but than again, Nakiami broke down when it was Ishu killing humanforms, she kind of didn't mind Akiyuki and Raigyo fighting against them.
Did Nakiami see that the girl controlling humanforms looked like from Tessik village?

Hopefully in next ep more background for Ishu, as i find her quite intriguing at the moment.
Kora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 13:00   Link #878
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kora View Post
she kind of didn't mind Akiyuki and Raigyo fighting against them.
Yeah, but... Didn't she say to Akiyuki after he had killed that humanform in his Xam's form in episode 2 something along the lines of "The soul of the humanform you killed will be transferred to you. That's the purpose of Xam'd."? In any case, that makes it sound like it's different when an Xam'd kills a humanform or something like that, which might be why she doesn't mind as much when Raigyo and/or Akiyuki kills humanforms (though she obviously still prefers the "disassembing" method).

Quote:
Did Nakiami see that the girl controlling humanforms looked like from Tessik village?
Dunno...

Quote:
Hopefully in next ep more background for Ishu, as i find her quite intriguing at the moment.
Well, I hope we can learn exactly who she is soon at any rate .
Old 2008-09-29, 14:25   Link #879
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Well, I hope we can learn exactly who she is soon at any rate .
I wouldn't be surprised if they left something so major until towards the end of the series.
Old 2008-09-29, 22:55   Link #880
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
This series you can say got a lot of idea's from a lot of different anime's but you can say the same thing about most anime's that are being released as of lately, its hard to come out with fresh and new ideas when most ideas that you can think of are already taken.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a reason why Ishu took Nakiami in and went through all that trouble, maybe we'll find out the exact reason why in the next couple episodes.

Tags
bones