AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-06-27, 13:17   Link #141
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet

The redhead in the helmet rather reminds me of all those Miyazaki chicks. Mainly Nausicaa.

I for one welcome our Nausicaa-referencing BONES overlords.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 17:31   Link #142
terrus

Yeah that's what fist came to mind when i saw her headgear as well, also are the two countries in this supposed to be at war? Because i think i may or may not have read that some where, it's just that there appear to be two different aircraft fighting one another in the pic (or are they trying to put out fires?).
terrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 17:05   Link #143
duckroll
綺羅星★!

From Sony's E3 media conference today:

Quote:
PLAYSTATION(R)Network's Video Delivery Service to Offer Movies and TV Shows for Purchase and Rental Through PLAYSTATION(R)3 and PSP(R) (Playstation(R)Portable)

New service to expand entertainment offering of PLAYSTATION 3 and PSP giving consumers downloadable content when and where they want it

FOSTER CITY, Calif., July 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) today launches the company's new video delivery service on PLAYSTATION(R)Store for PLAYSTATION(R)3 (PS3(TM)) and PSP(R) (PlayStation(R)Portable) systems in the United States. Consumers will have the ability to download full-length movies, television shows, and original programming accessible through the PLAYSTATION Store on PLAYSTATION(R)Network. With nearly 300 full length movies and more than 1,200 TV episodes, many available in both standard-definition (SD) and high-definition (HD), PLAYSTATION Network's video delivery service makes PS3 the ultimate entertainment platform and enhances PSP's status as a portable entertainment marvel. PLAYSTATION Network's video delivery service will become available later this evening.

Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) will initially make available to consumers content for video rental and electronic sell-through from top movie studios including: 20th Century Fox, Lionsgate Entertainment, MGM Studios, Paramount Pictures, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Warner Bros. Entertainment as well as titles for rent from The Walt Disney Studios and a wide-ranging menu of popular titles from a variety of television partners.

"PLAYSTATION Network's video delivery service capitalizes on the superior value and entertainment potential of PS3 and PSP -- not only for gaming enthusiasts, but also for the millions of consumers looking to buy the best, most versatile solution for their home entertainment system," said Jack Tretton, president and CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment America. "The collaboration of Sony's film, TV and entertainment business units, coupled with our hardware and content offerings, provide consumers with entertainment experiences unlike any on the market."

The video delivery service will have full integration in the PLAYSTATION Network, utilizing the same login, wallet management, and user interface of the newly revamped PLAYSTATION Store. Video will be categorized, for example, by top rating, alphabetical order, television shows, and movies and content is also fully searchable, for example, by title, producer, studio and cast. In addition, PS3's progressive downloading means users can view content shortly after the downloading process begins. Background downloading is also a feature of PS3, allowing users to access other platform features such as gaming and other XMB(TM) (XrossMediaBar) content while a video is downloading to their consoles.

20th Century Fox's "Jumper", Lionsgate's "3:10 to Yuma", MGM's "Rocky", Paramount Pictures' "Cloverfield", Sony Pictures' "Spider-Man", and Warner Bros. Entertainment's "10,000 B.C." are a few of the titles available for electronic sell-through on the video service at launch. Disney's "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" will also be available for rent. Additionally, SCEI will be introducing original exclusive content such as Xam'd: Lost Memories, an anime series developed by Sony Computer Entertainment Japan, delivered in SD and HD.

Consumers who rent a movie from the video delivery service have 14 days to watch the content. Once content playback is started, consumers have a full 24 hours to enjoy their rental. Pricing for rental movies at launch ranges from $2.99 to $5.99, and pricing for purchased movies ranges from $9.99 to $14.99. Sony has also adopted Marlin Digital Rights Management technology, an open industry standard for protecting and managing digital content, to provide consumers with flexible access to their content while ensuring digital rights are protected. Usage rules of the video download service will allow content for purchase to be shared on multiple activated devices including PS3 and PSP systems per PLAYSTATION Network account, depending on the type of content purchased by the user.

One of the biggest value propositions of PLAYSTATION Network's video delivery service is the ability to transfer digital content onto the PSP from the PS3. For the initial electronic sell-through or rental price, consumers can also transfer content onto multiple devices. The connectivity between PS3 and PSP platforms provides a seamless solution for those looking for entertainment experiences on their own terms -- on the go or in their living room -- all with a new-found freedom of not having to worry about TV schedules, movie listings or viewing on a desktop PC.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 17:51   Link #144
duckroll
綺羅星★!

The trailer is up on the US PSN now, in both 720p and 1080p versions. It's a brand new 1 minute trailer with brand new footage. The action really looks amazing, especially in HD. The theme song is by Boom Boom Satellites.
Old 2008-07-15, 17:54   Link #145
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
So, should this be considered Licensed now? That post is a bit too tl;dr for me, but since the title appears to have an official translation, I guess it's done?

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 17:59   Link #146
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
So, should this be considered Licensed now? That post is a bit too tl;dr for me, but since the title appears to have an official translation, I guess it's done?
Yeah, it has an official english title, the trailer is on the US store, and the text in the trailer was completely in english. We can consider the license holder Sony.
Old 2008-07-15, 18:11   Link #147
kujoe
from head to heel

Is this service available in Canada? I'm also wondering if the series will be available on dvd or blu-ray.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 18:18   Link #148
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
The trailer is up on the US PSN now, in both 720p and 1080p versions. It's a brand new 1 minute trailer with brand new footage. The action really looks amazing, especially in HD. The theme song is by Boom Boom Satellites.
I think I just wet myself... Now that Boom Boom Satellites are in, I've definately gotta watch it.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 18:38   Link #149
Dingo
The polyphony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
I think I just wet myself... Now that Boom Boom Satellites are in, I've definately gotta watch it.

Any hopes of us getting the HD feed of that trailer tonight?
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 18:46   Link #150
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Is this service available in Canada? I'm also wondering if the series will be available on dvd or blu-ray.
I'm not sure how the licensing in the service will work, but since Canada is part of the US PSN service, I assume it will be available. No word on DVD or Blu-ray yet, but it's a little early for that, the series has to start showing on PSN first. We should get more information about the release plans either later today, or on Friday.
Old 2008-07-15, 19:00   Link #151
duckroll
綺羅星★!

A friend from another forum uploaded the trailer to youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mtlZxglCM0

Enjoy!
Old 2008-07-15, 19:06   Link #152
kujoe
from head to heel

Thanks for that youtube link.

It looks great, definitely amping up the anticipation meter. I think I'll be checking out the HD version of this later tonight.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 19:09   Link #153
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Freakin awesome news, duckroll. I hope this service extends to the european PSN as well, I'd love to watch Xamdou in HD on my PS3.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 19:33   Link #154
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

A friend from another forum uploaded the 1080p version Bonen no Xamdou Trailer 1080p
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 19:34   Link #155
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
A friend from another forum uploaded the trailer to youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mtlZxglCM0

Enjoy!
Wow! "Shut Up and Explode" is one of their best songs ever! The full version rocks. The anime is definately going to be pure epicness.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 19:38   Link #156
Dingo
The polyphony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
A friend from another forum uploaded the 1080p version Bonen no Xamdou Trailer 1080p
Good Stuff! Thanks to you and your friend.
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 20:21   Link #157
Danalm
PS and Ai addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
Freakin awesome news, duckroll. I hope this service extends to the european PSN as well, I'd love to watch Xamdou in HD on my PS3.
unfortunately, european PSN seem forgotten on sony eyes
i hope the same tough, or else i'll have to order one PSNcard for my north american account ._.

However, if this is like every PSN content (download to watch), then we can expect some rips sooner than we expect
Danalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 20:47   Link #158
flou
That's no lady

Was that Col. Dewey in the trailer?

In any case, BONES and Boom Boom Satellites have an epic show on their hands
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 20:51   Link #159
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
I don't know... something about all this development gives me a bad feeling... not airing in regular TV makes me somewhat doubtful. And considering the recent upheaval Bones went through... I don't know.

I don't like the music in the trailer, either... it doesn't fit the action. But then again anime trailers usually suck. One of the reasons why I like Bones is because they usually are very good when choosing the type of soundtrack to use, but this definitely didn't make it.

And being licensed from the get-go makes me feel the result will be somewhat... conditioned. To top it off, it's using a new and untested channel of distribution for anime, so they're probably going to keep it as conservative as they can.

Bleh, what can I say. It all just feels a little strange coming from Bones.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 21:02   Link #160
ZODDGUTS

Looks great gonna be checking this out on my PS3.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones