AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-23, 15:44   Link #1601
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
That new ending is pretty nice , but it cant beat VACANCY in my heart ( oh look , pun...somewhat..)
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 15:56   Link #1602
Alive

Hmm i don't mind the new ED but it is nothing to be excited about.
Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 16:37   Link #1603
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Nice ED. Does anyone got a link to the HD of the OP? I mean like the quality of the ED.
Old 2009-04-23, 16:39   Link #1604
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Nice ED. Does anyone got a link to the HD of the OP? I mean like the quality of the ED.
Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWtaJUAqoOk&fmt=22
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 16:44   Link #1605
Tiberium Wolf

Thank you. Damn I sux at searching in youtube.
Old 2009-04-23, 20:59   Link #1606
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
That new ending is pretty nice , but it cant beat VACANCY in my heart ( oh look , pun...somewhat..)
I agree. "Vacancy" is a really great song.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 17:29   Link #1607
aardvark

OST announced! Finally!

2 Disc set, set for July 22 (same date as the first Blu-Ray)
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 17:41   Link #1608
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
OST announced! Finally!

2 Disc set, set for July 22 (same date as the first Blu-Ray)
that was about time >.< grr
July is still FAR away
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 17:54   Link #1609
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh yes god damn finally. About time.

I'll be preordering this as soon as possible.
Old 2009-05-04, 00:47   Link #1610
SilentM

A few days ago I stumbled across the new OP for this series. While searching for the new ED, I ran across this thread... The youtube links from above are dead. Both are down due to copyright infringement. -_-

So, I decided to download the TV versions of the episodes myself and extract the new OP and ED.

Just so everyone knows, the new OP and ED are not in every episode.
Episode 1 has the new OP, but it uses the old ED.
The second episode only uses the new ED.
I downloaded episode 3, but it used the old OP and old ED, so I guess it went back to normal.

I'm not sure why this is... Maybe they only used them once because it's still the first part of the season, and then once it reaches the second half they'll switch over to the new ones; I'm really not sure.

Anyway, if anybody wants them in high quality (720p) .mkv rips, then I thought I'd share, so here ya go:

OP: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ckx2gwedzkx
ED: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kjndzh2nvnq
SilentM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 07:23   Link #1611
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

^^You rock, Silent M. I noticed the broken youtube links and was disappointed but thanks to you, that feeling did not last long, LOL!

Just finished a marathon of Xam'd and unlike the majority here, I was absolutely blown away. I just loved everything about it -- characters and storyline. But then again, I had the benefit of being able to see the whole thing relatively quickly, which provided a greater impact than if I had to wait one week for every new ep. So, marathon this fine sucker because it's worth it, and because this is how this anime should be enoyed!

Like most of you, while watching, I was confused about the war. Who's fighting for whom and for what reason are they fighting? I didn't know why Rai and Ishu were fighting an emperor at first because I didn't even realize that the emperor was the eye-toy-thingy and that he ruled the north. Must have missed something, IDK. Rai should have maintained his Xam form, for sure. I don't know the reason why he wouldn't, it's a bit stupid in a war, yah?

Also, why would the south make enemies/prisoners of Furichi and Akiyuki just because they are Xam'ds? Could the southern army not have used them in the battles? And it was not as if they were too moral-conscience to do that--they were developing humanform weapons too--so I don't really get it.

Also, about Kakisu's sexuality -- don't hit me, but I do think he is sexy in an emo-i'mgonnaeatyouupuntilyoucan'tstandanymorepain-type of way. His open shirt and personal time with Haru in his chambers was a but creepy, no? I also found odd his discomfort with Azima's shirtless-ness. His terse order to put on a shirt and facial expression was odd. Nothing spices things up like forbidden desires! LOL

Also, why the heck would Prois allow Haru to leave? I don't understand her motivations at all, and they never provided one, I don't think?

But aside from those questions, I loved the anime and would highly recommend it.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 08:22   Link #1612
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentM View Post

Anyway, if anybody wants them in high quality (720p) .mkv rips, then I thought I'd share, so here ya go:

OP: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ckx2gwedzkx
ED: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kjndzh2nvnq
Thank you, mate, you're a hero! I didn't find them on YouTube either, but you saved me.

By the way, I like both of them. The quality is fantastic, they are as good as the previous ones for me. Although I think the songs of the first OP and ED were better.
Old 2009-05-05, 08:45   Link #1613
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I just finished Bounen no Xamdou myself recently, but unlike the previous poster I found it to be quite disappointing. The overall plot idea was very good, but I just couldn't connect to the characters at all. From a lacklustre protagonist, to a supporting cast that I couldn't care much about, to some plot twists that just really irked me the wrong way. The overall setting wasn't bad at all, but as I said, I could never really click in, to the point that I found myself fast forwarding by the final episodes just I could get over with this thing.

Overall: 7/10 for the nice production values mainly. It would have been 6/10 otherwise.

Last edited by Proto; 2009-05-06 at 08:01. Reason: typos
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 23:08   Link #1614
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Wow, to me is the opposite. I don't like the plot, but i really love the characters. I mean, not Akiyuki. He spend all the series just trying to get with his girl and that's it. Nothing else, even when a war is going on and he's a monster. What a lame guy.

But Fusa and Ryuzou are one of the greatest couple i've ever saw in anime, Nakiami is one of my favorite female characters of all time, Raigyo is awesome... I mean, besides Akiyuki, i love pretty much everyone.

The main problem with X'amd is that at the end, it was the most anticlimatic thing i've ever saw. We've got:

Nakiami sister! OMG! SHE'S GONNA BLOW OUT EVERYONE! JESUS! SHE'S FIGHTING THAT GIA... Ah, a beam and she's out of the picture, okay...

Haru sister! JESUS! SHE'S THE ULTIMATE WEAPON! I'M REALLY HYPED! WHAT'S... Okay, she loves her sister again and everyone is happy...

THE EMPEROR! OKAY, THIS GUY IS THE GREATEST! WHAT AKIYUKI CAN DO TO STOP HIM? What? Your name?

And at the end, they kill Akiyuki just to bring him back after a timeskip! And the war is not over! Nothing is over! Jesus...
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 07:46   Link #1615
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Yeah, even with all the flaws though, I enjoyed the series. It would have been better with more episodes, that much is for sure. But yeah.. not much we can do unfortunately.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 07:59   Link #1616
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post

The main problem with X'amd is that at the end, it was the most anticlimatic thing i've ever saw. We've got:

Nakiami sister! OMG! SHE'S GONNA BLOW OUT EVERYONE! JESUS! SHE'S FIGHTING THAT GIA... Ah, a beam and she's out of the picture, okay...

Haru sister! JESUS! SHE'S THE ULTIMATE WEAPON! I'M REALLY HYPED! WHAT'S... Okay, she loves her sister again and everyone is happy...

THE EMPEROR! OKAY, THIS GUY IS THE GREATEST! WHAT AKIYUKI CAN DO TO STOP HIM? What? Your name?

And at the end, they kill Akiyuki just to bring him back after a timeskip! And the war is not over! Nothing is over! Jesus...
In my opinion, the ending was fantastic. It showed why this anime is so unique. I simply can't describe the feelings I felt afte finishing it.
Old 2009-06-02, 02:32   Link #1617
SkyDragon
Addicted To Anime

I just finished watching it tonight. Unlike most of the other poster, I was kind of disappointed with how it ended as well as story development. I was so confused in the first few episodes because I didn't know what was going on until midway when it got a little clear. Still the ending left me with a lot of unanswered questions like many have said. Overall, it's entertaining but definitely not one of my favorite anime.

6.5/10
SkyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 04:42   Link #1618
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
finally the long wait is over
the soundtrack is out in stores now =D
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 04:47   Link #1619
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
finally the long wait is over
the soundtrack is out in stores now =D
That it is. Hopefully my copy will have arrived by the weekend.

Been such a long, long wait for this.
Old 2009-07-28, 05:59   Link #1620
duckroll
綺羅星★!

The 3rd and final TV ED in HD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFdohqnpucg&fmt=22
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones