AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-04, 18:08   Link #21
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Spoiler for ep1:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 18:14   Link #22
littlekitty

BTW For everyone that found epi 1 to be boring/cliché/predictable...think again!

Apparently, the Itazura na Kiss manga was one of the first shoujo romances. In fact, it heavily influenced the romantic plots of later manga (Marmalade Boy, Hana Yori Dango and Fruits Basket come to mind). Thus, it has been dubbed "the bible of romance."

So if you think you've seen this all before...you're right! But it's important to remember that Itazura na Kiss came first.
Old 2008-04-04, 18:18   Link #23
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekitty View Post
So if you think you've seen this all before...you're right! But it's important to remember that Itazura na Kiss came first.
Yet... I'm watching it after those other ones, making this one seem boring. In other words, it turned into an anime too late? Unfortunate for it, huh...

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 18:26   Link #24
littlekitty

^
Yes it is very unfortunate!
Oh well, Itazura deserves to be animated. Better to be animated late than to not be animated at all!

Here's an image from the manga for anyone who is interested:
Old 2008-04-04, 20:33   Link #25
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

I saw the Taiwan drama "It Started with a Kiss," which was the same story, I guess based on the manga. There's also an Itazura na Kiss Japanese drama.
Spoiler for ep1:
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-04-04 at 20:44.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 22:50   Link #26
Zoe

I think I'm gonna stick this one out if only to see what they do with the story since the manga never finished. I just read the last volume, and it ended on a damn big cliffhanger
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 23:20   Link #27
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
hehe kinda spoilers to know that in the end they do get together,
but i guess , as mentioned before, that its still interesting as most shojo doesn't get that far and usually ends a lot sooner so I'll probably check this out when it'd start
well, she had the advantage that the guy is not really interested on women, so she is pretty safe about getting the guy. I already feel sorry for the guy that is after her.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 06:49   Link #28
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

I guess many people here are sadly non-shoujo fans. Me, on the other hand, is a huge shoujo fan and I remember watching the Taiwan version of it. It is funny and amusing, and I fully enjoy the series.

I also made a quick summary and screenshots for Episode 1.

p/s: Mizuki Nana's voice = delicious.

Click the signature!
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 07:46   Link #29
ZODDGUTS

I remember watching the Japanese live action drama only the first episode though didn't like it the main male character wasn't likable and the main girl came out as if she was mentally challenge swear to god she was dumb as hell making me think something was wrong with her... guess it was the actress fault for portraying her as that. Is it the same in the manga though? Is the girl rather dumb?
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 09:31   Link #30
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
As a shoujo fan, this is on my to-watch list... I hope that it'll be worth it...

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Vibeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 09:44   Link #31
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
lol...I Want to see it
I Hope The Story Don't Change from The Live-Action ...I Didn't Read The Manga Yet ^.^"
Old 2008-04-05, 14:26   Link #32
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Is it the same in the manga though? Is the girl rather dumb?
Yes.

I finished reading volumes 10-23 this morning (was working my way backwards), and it really pissed me off. The characters' personalities are seriously dated. I don't think I can keep up with this anime unless they modernize them.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 16:06   Link #33
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 1
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 17:30   Link #34
changeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I saw the Taiwan drama "It Started with a Kiss," which was the same story, I guess based on the manga. There's also an Itazura na Kiss Japanese drama.
Spoiler for ep1:
That's right. The Taiwan TV drama was adapted from the manga. It was a huge hit... one of the most popular Chinese-language Drama in quite a while...

Although this works might have been turned into anime a little bit too late, but a classic is still a classic, no matter what. Let's sit down and enjoy it.
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 18:51   Link #35
Trunkz Jr
Saiyan Iconist

Send a message via MSN to Trunkz Jr
Just wondering how long it will take to get fan subbed XD
Trunkz Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 19:11   Link #36
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
Just wondering how long it will take to get fan subbed XD
It'll be out soon.
Old 2008-04-06, 08:24   Link #37
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

FYI, the author has already died. And yes, the series pre-dates many shojo series which we know. Don't expect anything ground-breaking from this series. It's a history lesson.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 19:27   Link #38
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

We released the first ep. This needs to be moved.
Old 2008-04-06, 20:47   Link #39
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

I enjoyed it. LovCom type feel to it, which is a good thing, IMO. I look forward to seeing where it goes. I need at least one comedic romance every season. ^^
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 21:31   Link #40
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Go Kin-chan! You're 10x more GAR than the stupid Nao guy lol. I really wished he beat the living shit out of that prick. XD

That said, I think it should be obvious that they're setting up Naoki. Sooner or later we're going to have a revelation about his character where we're supposed to jump the fence to his side lol. Predictable? Maybe, but so far it's enjoyable.

All in all, a pleasant surprise. When the ED came up, I was like, that's it? I want more!

Compare that to my first dabblings with the manga, in which I practically drudged through the first few chapters (I think the first volume) before eventually dropping it. I really do think that the VAs and the music made it much more bearable this time around. Props to the animation studio, who admittedly I have no clue as to their resume lol.

Thanks again to m.3.3.w and baka-wolf. So far, 5 out of 5 finished series projects are my kind of anime, with both offerings this season I know so far are my cup of tea as well. Probably my favourite active group, if they keep at this rate.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shoujo