AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 242 59.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 109 26.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 6.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 3.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 1.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.74%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.25%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.49%
Voters: 407. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-03-29, 12:16   Link #421
seven dreamsong
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
great episode. the final confrontation beetween setsuna and graham was just a bit rushed imho.

-------

is it just me or setsuna suddenly became *very good* with his GN sword rifle in just the span of 1 episode? after watching again some of the previous episodes, setsuna can't seem to hit slow moving targets if his life depended on it. while here, he didn't miss *any* of the fangs at all from the MA. did he get a copy of lockon's "sniping for dummies" manual or something?
seven dreamsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 12:23   Link #422
Cloudy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore
Age: 23
I like the part where there is a still image of ''mission incomplete'' at the end.
__________________
Signature removed by a Mod because at - 97.05 KB (99376 bytes) - it exceeded the signature size limits. Please read the Forum Rules for further information.
Cloudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 12:25   Link #423
nero23
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Okay, so after finally seeing the episode a few additional thoughts:

IMHO we can count Setsuna and Tieria as dead...

In the battle between Setsuna and Graham we saw from afar a lot of GN Particles beeing spread... just like when Johan's GN drive got destroyed, which is IMHO a hint, that the GN drive was damaged... so Setsuna drifted in a Gundam without energy and with a severely damaged cockpit, into the atmosphere... no way he could have survived it. And that the letter, he wrote to Marina started with something like "if you read this I'm already dead" is just another hint.
You must be new to the Gundam universe.
nero23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 12:28   Link #424
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Earth
Age: 26
An awesome end to an awesome series (season 1, at least)!!!

From the start to the end, it's just pure awesomeness!!! Allelujah and Hallelujah merges together to become the 'perfect super soldier'. It's amazing to see Kyrios with just half of its body can own both GN-Xs. The perfect H/Allelujah's new hair style looks kinda badass too!

Exia pwns this episode. From the GN Armor to using 7 swords on the golden MS, man, Setsuna is really the man this episode (oh, and rest in peace Lasse, maybe you will be missed...maybe). And Setsuna channels Lockon by using his favorite phrase and he gains better accuracy!!! Alejandro is killed at last, for a stupid villain, it's a fitting end to die while betrayed by his 'angel'. Wondering what's Ribbons is up to now with his harem

I must admit, Setsuna VS Graham is hilarious, maybe that's because of Graham's confessions of love. I like it that Setsuna points out Graham is selfish and fights just for the sake of his ego. GN Flag VS Exia is brutal, Setsuna and Graham seem to hate (love, in the case of Graham) each other now. Looking forward to their rematch

Love the letter to Marina. It gives more insight to Setsuna's though. I hope Setsuna will survive and return

00 Gundam is awesome!!!

So Wong Ryumin is in control of Celestial Being now? She and Nena look evil....that's bad

Another 6 months wait for this awesome series to continue...that's sad I will miss this a lot...sayonara for now!
__________________
その再生を破壊する
Destroy This Rebirth
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 12:30   Link #425
zalem
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
It was a solid episode, but definitely not my favorite. It felt too rushed, especially the Graham v. Setsuna fight. I was always expecting a huge confrontation between the two, but this ended up disappointing me. Too short and rushed.

The epilogue is interesting though, but a huge tease. Graham is the masked man of our series, as expected. Tieria is sporting a Lockon hairdo. lol. Ribbons has a harem. Patrick confirmed alive. Ali also alive as suspected. They didn't show Setsuna, but we all know he's alive somewhere.

Annoying that they tease us with Gundam 00 but don't let us have a look.
__________________
zalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 12:32   Link #426
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
So Wong Ryumin is in control of Celestial Being now? She and Nena look evil....that's bad
They've always "looked" evil (design-wise), but still, they have all the Gundams, so at least they should be in the protagonists' sides for now... (Unless there's going to be a Gundamjacking or two)
__________________
Copyright 2002 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 12:33   Link #427
domainmaster
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
Okay, so after finally seeing the episode a few additional thoughts:

IMHO we can count Setsuna and Tieria as dead...

In the battle between Setsuna and Graham we saw from afar a lot of GN Particles beeing spread... just like when Johan's GN drive got destroyed, which is IMHO a hint, that the GN drive was damaged... so Setsuna drifted in a Gundam without energy and with a severely damaged cockpit, into the atmosphere... no way he could have survived it. And that the letter, he wrote to Marina started with something like "if you read this I'm already dead" is just another hint.
You must be new to the Gundam universe.
unless you see a decapitated head/torso or anything, the pilot in a ms cockpit is still alive.... (freedom was stabbed in the cockpit but kira lived lmao)

Last edited by domainmaster; 2008-03-29 at 12:37. Reason: whups forgot to quote
domainmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 12:36   Link #428
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by domainmaster View Post
unless you see a decapitated head/torso or anything, the pilot in a ms cockpit is still alive.... (freedom was stabbed in the cockpit but kira lived lmao)
Freedom's cockpit was in the chest area, it was stabbed in the stomach.
Athrun was pretty lucky too.........

Not even jesus Kira Yamato would survive a stab in the cockpit...
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 12:38   Link #429
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Earth
Age: 26
The 4 years later Nena (her suit and eyes) kinda scare me

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Then another question: Saji saw a GN drive from CB... so there needs to be at least one functional Gundam in the future, but which? If Setsuna and Tieria are indeed dead, this would leave Allelujah as the only remaining original Gundam Meister with a Gundam...
Ian says, "The first unit is rolled out and currently tested for combat, the others will follow". It seems Celestial Being is building/rebuilding/upgrade Gundams from the damaged Gundams and GN Drives
__________________
その再生を破壊する
Destroy This Rebirth
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 12:38   Link #430
sgogeta4
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Freedom was stabbed on the side of the cockpit, through the side of his shield arm.
sgogeta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 12:41   Link #431
domainmaster
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Freedom's cockpit was in the chest area, it was stabbed in the stomach.
Athrun was pretty lucky too.........

Not even jesus Kira Yamato would survive a stab in the cockpit...
I thought the strike freedom had the chest cockpit?
domainmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 12:42   Link #432
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
The 4 years later Nena (her suit and eyes) kinda scare me

Ian says, "The first unit is rolled out and currently tested for combat, the others will follow". It seems Celestial Being is building/rebuilding/upgrade Gundams from the damaged Gundams and GN Drives
I think the biggest moment is that there's no Feldt or Sumeragi in the epilogue.

And I like the "new" Nena.

Last edited by Nvis; 2008-03-29 at 12:57.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 12:44   Link #433
domainmaster
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
So why did CB deliver Setsuna's "If you read this I'm dead"-letter? Obviously they must think he is dead, and judging by the scenes at the end, they at least got the remains of Exia, so they should have also seen what was left of the pilot.

this is too much of a blood bath
domainmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 12:45   Link #434
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
So why did CB deliver Setsuna's "If you read this I'm dead"-letter? Obviously they must think he is dead, and judging by the scenes at the end, they at least got the remains of Exia, so they should have also seen what was left of the pilot.
I doubt CB was the one that delivered the letter... Marina is not supposed to know that Setsuna is a Gundam Meister after all. Setsuna might have hidden it somewhere in her palace or something since he thought he might die.
__________________
Copyright 2002 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 12:47   Link #435
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Earth
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
So why did CB deliver Setsuna's "If you read this I'm dead"-letter? Obviously they must think he is dead, and judging by the scenes at the end, they at least got the remains of Exia, so they should have also seen what was left of the pilot.
I think Setsuna sent that letter, thinking he won't survive the battle. The letter (or e-mail) could have been sent using some auto timer function

And I think the scene at the end can also imply that the Celestial Being fails to locate Exia and Setsuna. 00 Gundam seems to be based on Exia and maybe there are plans to move Exia's GN Drive to it, but since they fail to find Exia they decide to try to use O Gundam's instead (after all, it can power up the GNY series) but fail...and so Ian speculates that maybe 00 Gundam is too advanced that it may even reject the Exia's GN Drive too
__________________
その再生を破壊する
Destroy This Rebirth
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 12:53   Link #436
Terra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Age: 34
I really found the timeskip a bit pointless with them not showing the major CB palyers. Sumeragi and Feldt had to survive with Ian surviving. No way is Allelujah dead with them killing off Hallelujah and revealing he actually knows Soma personally. Lack of Soma made no sense either. And hell will freeze before they kill off the main character half way through the series, especially with 00 Gundam looking so like Exia.

I'd rather they'd left it with everyone adrift and it unknown.
__________________
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 12:58   Link #437
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
I really found the timeskip a bit pointless with them not showing the major CB palyers. Sumeragi and Feldt had to survive with Ian surviving. No way is Allelujah dead with them killing off Hallelujah and revealing he actually knows Soma personally. Lack of Soma made no sense either. And hell will freeze before they kill off the main character half way through the series, especially with 00 Gundam looking so like Exia.

I'd rather they'd left it with everyone adrift and it unknown.
I disagree completely. They used the timeskip to hint at what the potential factions will be in the next season, as well as to show how some of the more minor, neglected characters have been doing since we saw them last (remember Saji, Louise, Marina, Wang, Nena, etc. were all missing from the last few episodes). This is important for plot foreshadowing.

The fate of the major characters (the 3 surviving meisters, Lockon's twin, etc.) are left to speculation and debate. That way the anticipation for the next season doesn't die down for fans of these characters.

IMO they pulled the timeskip off really nicely. Plenty to discuss and speculate on in the next few months, and it only took them about 5 minutes to create all these questions.
__________________
Copyright 2002 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 12:58   Link #438
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
I'd rather they'd left it with everyone adrift and it unknown.
I'm not a fan of 6-month cliffhangers.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 12:59   Link #439
console65
GN Drive Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Age: 24
Does anyone know what Setsuna said in the letter?

I don't know because I'm still taking Japanese lessons.
console65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 13:04   Link #440
Terra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
I disagree completely. They used the timeskip to hint at what the potential factions will be in the next season, as well as to show how some of the more minor, neglected characters have been doing since we saw them last (remember Saji, Louise, Marina, Wang, Nena, etc. were all missing from the last few episodes). This is important for plot foreshadowing.

The fate of the major characters (the 3 surviving meisters, Lockon's twin, etc.) are left to speculation and debate. That way the anticipation for the next season doesn't die down for fans of these characters.

IMO they pulled the timeskip off really nicely. Plenty to discuss and speculate on in the next few months, and it only took them about 5 minutes to create all these questions.
Maybe once I get it subbed I'll be happier. It might also be the comedown from the episode that's affecting me. Once we start getting info on S2 I'm sure it'll all fit together in a way I'm happy with. It just doesn't sit well atm. I suppose it's because the biggest questions were left about the major CB players, and they're the ones we didn't get to see.
__________________
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.