AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 86 32.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 77 29.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 14.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 34 13.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 5.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 1.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.77%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.38%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.15%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-03-14, 21:42   Link #101
germanturkey
Smiling Monster
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 25
I take back my comment about how Azuma from Cross Game is the best wingman. Shin's friend from this series (i can't remember his name..) is by far the best. he took like 3 shots for his friend this series.

i could have sworn it was this series where they were talking about making an epilogue somewhere. oh well. i'll probably remember after a few days..

anyways, writers should take a hint from this show. have a clear cut winner and conclusion. its one of the reasons why this show is so complete in my view.
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.

Last edited by germanturkey; 2010-03-14 at 22:03.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 23:07   Link #102
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
isn't there going to be an extra episode somewhere for this. or am i confusing it with another series?
Yes, a 3-minute epilogue that's going to be part of the DVD box. I believe it's coming this month, if I'm not mistaken.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 23:15   Link #103
germanturkey
Smiling Monster
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Yes, a 3-minute epilogue that's going to be part of the DVD box. I believe it's coming this month, if I'm not mistaken.
ha, i knew i wasn't going crazy i don't know if i want it to be during high school, college/after high school, or after children. i'm leaning towards college. hard to believe its been two years since it finished.
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 11:17   Link #104
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Yes, a 3-minute epilogue that's going to be part of the DVD box. I believe it's coming this month, if I'm not mistaken.
Only DVD? What about BD?

EDIT: Nevermind...
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 21:24   Link #105
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
ha, i knew i wasn't going crazy i don't know if i want it to be during high school, college/after high school, or after children. i'm leaning towards college. hard to believe its been two years since it finished.
yeah would have to agree with you i would definitely perfer a college epilouge as well
__________________
Full Metal Coast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 11:17   Link #106
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Google translations of the epilogue are supremely unsatisfying. Someone sub it already!!
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 19:15   Link #107
woodearth
Ramen Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Google translations of the epilogue are supremely unsatisfying. Someone sub it already!!
Is the epilogue the additional scenes added to the end of the last episode(13)? If so, there wasn't any dialog. The whole segment was set to music. It was kinda disappointing. For me it did not really add to the story in any meaningful way.
__________________
MyAnimeList
ラーメンは文化!
woodearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 21:59   Link #108
germanturkey
Smiling Monster
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 25
no, its an additional few scenes that were added to the blu-ray release.
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 22:16   Link #109
woodearth
Ramen Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
no, its an additional few scenes that were added to the blu-ray release.
Then it looks like the blu-ray Episode 13 has extended scenes as mentioned above after the credits. Cool! Now I must look for the actual epilogue.

Hmm... Looking at the sell sheet picture linked in one the posts above, the first line seemed to indicate that the epilogue is appended to episode 13, so I think what I saw was the epilogue after all.
__________________
MyAnimeList
ラーメンは文化!

Last edited by woodearth; 2010-04-01 at 22:31. Reason: Added text
woodearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 22:06   Link #110
pdshingo
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Taiwan
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to pdshingo
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
What I meant by "cold" is the way in which she treated Shin and even Noe in some cases. For example, Hiromi went in to could shoulder mode on more than one occasion because she was upset that Shin was giving Noe a lot of attention. I know this is par for the course in this type of series but It rubbed me the wrong way nonetheless. I also didn't like the way she tried to befriend Noe to earn brownie points with her brother. I know this is a rather common situation in real life, but I don't approve of it. I think it's rather insulting to the person they're doing it to. I've been in Noe's situation before and it makes me mad. So when I said "cold" I meant the above examples, not her overall attitude.
Um...she tried to befriend Noe because she want to be close with Noe and knows more about her. It's because of Shin not Noe's brother. And she also question herself (she said what did i really want to do ?)


Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
About Hiromi telling Noe to back off, I was more surprised than anything. Most of the time, such a statement is made in a less direct and overall nicer fashion. So it sort of stunned me when it came out blunt like that. I actually support this method in general, as it's pretty rare to see something like this, but I wish it didn't come at Noe's expense. I didn't think she fully deserved it. I admit my bias in regards to this scene lol .
It's a complex scene when Hiromi told Noe to back off. You have to notice before that she's stunned there unitil Aiko said Noe's Shin's girlfriend. And when she reach Noe, she kept silence a period of time until Noe want to running away again. Notice her first sentence is " What did you tell Shin last night ?" and stopped at "he must also...". All these scenes are trying to tell us how she's anxious to the relation with Shin is lost again. She knew it's selfish and wrong to tell Noe to back off, she didn't want to do this but she could not help to. Therefore she cried.

Noe replied "your tears is beautiful" means Hiromi's feeling to Shin is true and strong, and this's not just a trick or intimidation. (it also implied she finally knows Hiromi's feelings to Shin that she didnt at ep 7)

Last edited by pdshingo; 2010-05-14 at 08:11.
pdshingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 08:14   Link #111
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760 Send a message via Skype™ to Sephiroth_760
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdshingo View Post
Noe replied "your tears is beautiful" means Hiromi's feeling to Shin is true and strong, and this's not just a trick or intimidation. (it also implied she finally knows Hiromi's feelings to Shin that she didnt at ep 7)
beautiful conclusion
even made me getting goosebumps :P

really, I haven't thought about it that deep as u did and it suprised me, because while reading your post, everything was clear, no "why" popping up in my head xD
Sephiroth_760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 11:04   Link #112
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Yeah, the tears are symbolic of quite a few things in this series. In that particular scene, it's her love for Shinichirou.

Now I really have to watch this again.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 19:08   Link #113
Chrisjon
In 7/4 tyme
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Pit
Age: 21
Talking

8/10 For me. I found this series to be quite enjoyable and I am glad I watched it. A satisfying ending, good characters, and deep storyline. It's defiantly worth a watch.
__________________
Chrisjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 20:01   Link #114
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I recently finished watching this anime, and did a two part blog review on it.

Part 1 for episodes 1 through 6.

Part 2 for episodes 7 through 13.

Be forewarned that I became a HUGE Shinichiro/Noe shipper during the watching of this anime, and that had a fair bit of bearing in both of my reviews. So, my Part 2 review is a little bit harsh in places. I think most True Tears fans would like Part 1 of my review though, at least.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 07:37   Link #115
zette
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Singapore
Nice review there, I really enjoyed reading it. I really like Shinichiro/Noe too, although it was plain as day from the first episode that Shinichiro was going to end up with Hiromi, but that didn't stop me from constantly hoping for Shinichiro/Noe to happen because like you said in Part 1, Noe is a really amazing and interesting character. I wasn't as affected by the ending as you were though since I didn't mind Hiromi too much and also because Noe did have a sort-of happy ending with her finally being able to shed tears, but it's still never nice when the girl you support in a love triangle ends up losing. ;[
__________________
zette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 13:12   Link #116
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I recently finished watching this anime, and did a two part blog review on it.

Part 1 for episodes 1 through 6.

Part 2 for episodes 7 through 13.

Be forewarned that I became a HUGE Shinichiro/Noe shipper during the watching of this anime, and that had a fair bit of bearing in both of my reviews. So, my Part 2 review is a little bit harsh in places. I think most True Tears fans would like Part 1 of my review though, at least.
Excellent review. You sure do you like to use big and descriptive words, heh. I am impressed that you remained objective. Others would have let their love for Noe and hate for Hiromi take over and bash the anime to hell, haah.

I guess I really am one of the very few Hiromi fans, haha. Noe may not have gotten the guy, but she got more screen time in the end, which disappointed me.

The brother-sister problem was not the only thing holding Shinichiro back. And they wouldn't test it because it was bullshit that the mother spewed out to torment Hiromi. Both she and her husband knew it was a lie.

About the suspension, kids in Japan often get penalized in school for stuff that happens outside of school. It's stupid and pisses me off so much. In one series two characters turn down a university's sports scholarship because the girl got knocked up and because of that, the university won't take any applications or give scholarships to any student from that school for quite some time. I've seen it in other series too, and it pisses me off every time.

I'm gonna have to watch this again. I even bought the DVD set last week too. I regret it because there is a chance that the BD may be released, maybe I'll try and sell it...it was a good deal though, lol.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 19:41   Link #117
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by zette View Post
Nice review there, I really enjoyed reading it. I really like Shinichiro/Noe too, although it was plain as day from the first episode that Shinichiro was going to end up with Hiromi, but that didn't stop me from constantly hoping for Shinichiro/Noe to happen because like you said in Part 1, Noe is a really amazing and interesting character. I wasn't as affected by the ending as you were though since I didn't mind Hiromi too much and also because Noe did have a sort-of happy ending with her finally being able to shed tears, but it's still never nice when the girl you support in a love triangle ends up losing. ;[
Glad you enjoyed the review. After the first half of the anime, I kind of expected Shinichiro to end up with Hiromi too, but I never thought that Shinichiro would actually start openly going out with Noe either. I figured that he'd just privately play around with the idea of going out with Noe, but never go that far. That he'd eventually end up with Hiromi, but Noe would never have been hurt and could have just been a close friend for Shinichiro. I think what contributes to my sadness at this ending is that by Shinichiro taking it so far with Noe it might be really hard for them to "just be friends" (i.e. in the same way as adult Tomoya and adult Kyou were able to just be friends in Clannad: After Story).

So, basically, Shinichiro starting up an explicit romance with Noe gave me a lot of false hope.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Excellent review. You sure do you like to use big and descriptive words, heh. I am impressed that you remained objective. Others would have let their love for Noe and hate for Hiromi take over and bash the anime to hell, haah.
Thanks a lot. I guess when all is said and done I felt that True Tears did an awful lot right, and deserved credit for that. Knocking off 2 full points for what happened to Noe struck me as punishment enough for that, lol. I'll say right now that if I was a Shinichiro/Hiromi shipper, I would have given the anime 9/10.


Quote:

I guess I really am one of the very few Hiromi fans, haha.
Hiromi's a nice character. I can honestly see why some True Tears fans would root for her. It's just that I really, really liked Noe.


Quote:
Noe may not have gotten the guy, but she got more screen time in the end, which disappointed me.
You know, in a funny way, I kind of agree with this. Episode 13 really focused much more on Noe than on Hiromi, when it probably would have been better for fans of both characters if the focus was more on Hiromi. Seeing Hiromi and Shinichiro have more of their own time of blissful romance might have taken some of the sting away for me. Instead, the anime focused mostly on how hurt Noe was, which just made the emotional impact over her lost even greater. I do get the sense that the anime was aiming more to make the viewer cry tears for Noe than to be happy for Hiromi.


Quote:

About the suspension, kids in Japan often get penalized in school for stuff that happens outside of school. It's stupid and pisses me off so much. In one series two characters turn down a university's sports scholarship because the girl got knocked up and because of that, the university won't take any applications or give scholarships to any student from that school for quite some time. I've seen it in other series too, and it pisses me off every time.
Yeah, that's really horrible. It pissed me off a bit to see those suspensions in True Tears too. Isn't it bad enough that Jun lost his slick ride?

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 22:31   Link #118
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I wrote a pretty long reply/review on Triple R's blog myself. Summary points:

The characters do not really fall within specific character archetypes, but do share some elements.

The voice acting for the characters is very un-anime like, it seems to be what you expect from other mediums of entertainment - "normal/standard"

Animation and Soundtrack were both excellent.

The story/plot was more akin to a Korean soap opera than an anime - in particular the conflict between Hiromi and Shinichiro's mother and the constant effects of bringing down Noe in the 2nd half of the anime.

Overall, one of the best romance/drama animes I have seen when comparing it to other romance anime. 9/10.
__________________
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 07:50   Link #119
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Glad you enjoyed the review. After the first half of the anime, I kind of expected Shinichiro to end up with Hiromi too, but I never thought that Shinichiro would actually start openly going out with Noe either. I figured that he'd just privately play around with the idea of going out with Noe, but never go that far. That he'd eventually end up with Hiromi, but Noe would never have been hurt and could have just been a close friend for Shinichiro. I think what contributes to my sadness at this ending is that by Shinichiro taking it so far with Noe it might be really hard for them to "just be friends" (i.e. in the same way as adult Tomoya and adult Kyou were able to just be friends in Clannad: After Story).

So, basically, Shinichiro starting up an explicit romance with Noe gave me a lot of false hope.
Keep in mind Shinichiro agreed to go out with Noe because of Hiromi. Although it made little progress and hindered what he truly wanted. His thought processes throughout the series are surprisingly intricate.

Quote:
You know, in a funny way, I kind of agree with this. Episode 13 really focused much more on Noe than on Hiromi, when it probably would have been better for fans of both characters if the focus was more on Hiromi. Seeing Hiromi and Shinichiro have more of their own time of blissful romance might have taken some of the sting away for me. Instead, the anime focused mostly on how hurt Noe was, which just made the emotional impact over her lost even greater. I do get the sense that the anime was aiming more to make the viewer cry tears for Noe than to be happy for Hiromi.
I'll have to settle with the epilogue that I have yet to watch. I don't want to watch it because if I do, I'll end up watching the whole series AGAIN.

Quote:
Yeah, that's really horrible. It pissed me off a bit to see those suspensions in True Tears too. Isn't it bad enough that Jun lost his slick ride?

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.
It is pretty messed up. But the schools have images and reputations to protect, there is reasoning behind it even though they are bad ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post
Overall, one of the best romance/drama animes I have seen when comparing it to other romance anime. 9/10.
Yeah, this is my favorite romance anime of all time. There are other great ones, but I just love this one, lol.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 09:08   Link #120
zette
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Glad you enjoyed the review. After the first half of the anime, I kind of expected Shinichiro to end up with Hiromi too, but I never thought that Shinichiro would actually start openly going out with Noe either. I figured that he'd just privately play around with the idea of going out with Noe, but never go that far. That he'd eventually end up with Hiromi, but Noe would never have been hurt and could have just been a close friend for Shinichiro. I think what contributes to my sadness at this ending is that by Shinichiro taking it so far with Noe it might be really hard for them to "just be friends" (i.e. in the same way as adult Tomoya and adult Kyou were able to just be friends in Clannad: After Story).

So, basically, Shinichiro starting up an explicit romance with Noe gave me a lot of false hope.
You're right, I think the hardest part about the ending for Noe fans to accept is the fact that Shinichiro actually was together with Noe for a period of time. For them to think that they were actually going to get the ending they wanted, only to find out it was all a tease. It definitely gave me false hope as well; even though I say that it was obvious Shinichiro was going to end up with Hiromi, it actually made me drop that notion for a moment and think 'whoa we might actually get a Noe ending'. Alas, that was not meant to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I'll have to settle with the epilogue that I have yet to watch. I don't want to watch it because if I do, I'll end up watching the whole series AGAIN.
I've seen the epilogue before but I just went to watch it on YouTube since you mentioned it and oh god seeing those characters again definitely makes me want to rewatch this series. Probably gonna do just that.
__________________
zette is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.