AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-04-13, 08:56   Link #541
VDZ
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeruNeru View Post
Is the translation complete for the latest demo? Because I'm willing to help out if translators are still needed at this point.
The translation is pretty much dead at the moment. There hasn't been an update since November 2010.
[23:09] * Now talking in #rewrite
[23:09] * Topic is 'Rewrite - Scissormen/General | Progress: 11000 lines translated (as of Nov 21, 2010) | Tools: http://www.mediafire.com/?eirnikymoem | We are looking for translators & editors (not sure if this still applies) | Days until release: orz | http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yegE5ai9abQ'

There's a #rewrite IRC channel on Rizon, but it's pretty inactive.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 09:10   Link #542
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Right there
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeruNeru View Post
Is the translation complete for the latest demo? Because I'm willing to help out if translators are still needed at this point.
I'm loving you for your motivation *__*
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
bahamut zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 14:15   Link #543
ronzalpha
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
The translation is pretty much dead at the moment. There hasn't been an update since November 2010.
[23:09] * Now talking in #rewrite
[23:09] * Topic is 'Rewrite - Scissormen/General | Progress: 11000 lines translated (as of Nov 21, 2010) | Tools: http://www.mediafire.com/?eirnikymoem | We are looking for translators & editors (not sure if this still applies) | Days until release: orz | http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yegE5ai9abQ'

There's a #rewrite IRC channel on Rizon, but it's pretty inactive.
I'm also free to help out with the translations when my spring semester for college ends. I have almost nothing to do over the summer so I'm willing to allocate that time to translate rewrite's demo and it's release.
ronzalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 17:32   Link #544
VDZ
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
[23:11] <@VDZ> LoSs, you there?
[23:12] <@VDZ> http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=540
[23:13] <@VDZ> http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=543
[23:13] <@VDZ> In case you still care about the project
[23:49] <@LoSs> I do, I even translated some files last week
[23:49] <@LoSs> if he's up for it, he can contact me anytime

You can find LoSs, the translator for the trial, at #rewrite or #Ensue at irc.rizon.net. If you don't have an IRC client, you can just go to mibbit.com, choose server 'Rizon' and enter channel '#rewrite'.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 18:41   Link #545
NeruNeru
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
All right, I'll get on and touch base when I have a chance. Kind of busy today, so it might be tomorrow. Thanks!
NeruNeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 22:05   Link #546
ronzalpha
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC
Will do once I finish my finals
Thanks VDZ. I should be available early may (assuming all goes well)
ronzalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 07:43   Link #547
kanataX3
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
so err well if rewrites full version comes out will there be anyone helping for the translations?
__________________
神戸 小鳥
Kanbe Kotori
kanataX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 17:35   Link #548
ronzalpha
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanataX3 View Post
so err well if rewrites full version comes out will there be anyone helping for the translations?
I'll try to help out, but usually the demo is part of the main release, right? So translating the demo is a good start. Again, I'll help out once college ends (aprox May or so)
ronzalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 18:28   Link #549
Haruchin
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanataX3 View Post
so err well if rewrites full version comes out will there be anyone helping for the translations?
I heard that there is a chinese translation group will be translating rewrite once it is out i think.. :3
__________________
-Firetruck on the run~ > 3 <
Haruchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 19:14   Link #550
ronzalpha
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruchin View Post
I heard that there is a chinese translation group will be translating rewrite once it is out i think.. :3
Translating from Japanese to Chinese or Japanese to English?
ronzalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 21:50   Link #551
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronzalpha View Post
Translating from Japanese to Chinese or Japanese to English?
I can assume it's Japanese to Chinese. That might help since I have seen quite a few translators that know Chinese but not Japanese.
__________________
Illya & Miyu from Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ☆ ILLYAMyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: TheEroKing
Signature from: TheEroKing
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 05:26   Link #552
Haruchin
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronzalpha View Post
Translating from Japanese to Chinese or Japanese to English?
Japanese to simplified chinese i think
__________________
-Firetruck on the run~ > 3 <
Haruchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 08:31   Link #553
VDZ
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I can assume it's Japanese to Chinese. That might help since I have seen quite a few translators that know Chinese but not Japanese.
If you're implying a Japanese -> Chinese -> English translation would be a good thing, stop that. It's been tried before, and every single time it required a full retranslation to fix the translation errors caused by translating a translation. J->C->E should be avoided except for games that would really never ever have a translation otherwise.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 11:38   Link #554
Random32
Also a Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
The more translations between the result and the source the more is lost.

Translating from another translation should be avoided. If JA > ZH, then ZH > EN didn't lose so much meaning from the translations, we would all be doing it, as it seems there are more JA/ZH and ZH/EN translators compared to JA/EN.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 18:00   Link #555
Ithekro
Space Battlecarrier
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Last Japanese - Chinese - English translation I saw had serious problems with proper nouns and pronouns.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 20:51   Link #556
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
If you're implying a Japanese -> Chinese -> English translation would be a good thing, stop that. It's been tried before, and every single time it required a full retranslation to fix the translation errors caused by translating a translation. J->C->E should be avoided except for games that would really never ever have a translation otherwise.
Hmmm, you have a point there. Probably got the idea because I've never seen many J -> C -> E translations that failed (since I rarely find this translation sequence aside from novels)
__________________
Illya & Miyu from Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ☆ ILLYAMyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: TheEroKing
Signature from: TheEroKing
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 02:42   Link #557
kanataX3
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
i want to ask if i get my order from amiami will i get the 7 things included too?

cause is my first time buying. And they will come with the guidebook and stuff?
__________________
神戸 小鳥
Kanbe Kotori
kanataX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 07:03   Link #558
Haruchin
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
I heard that there is a radio broadcast for rewrite . It will be on air on 24 june. Kotori CV : Saito chiwa and Kotarou CV/
__________________
-Firetruck on the run~ > 3 <
Haruchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 10:53   Link #559
Tomoyo89
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanataX3 View Post
i want to ask if i get my order from amiami will i get the 7 things included too?

cause is my first time buying. And they will come with the guidebook and stuff?
I would believe so since those 7 things should be part of the first press limited edition.
Tomoyo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 00:37   Link #560
kanataX3
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomoyo89 View Post
I would believe so since those 7 things should be part of the first press limited edition.
haha thanks for answering me now kinda feel at ease.
cannot wait june 24 haha
__________________
神戸 小鳥
Kanbe Kotori
kanataX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bishoujo, hinoue itaru, key, maeda jun, romeo tanaka, ryukishi07, visual novel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.